April 28, 2024, 02:35:18 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29323 29324 29325 29326 29327 29328 29329 29330 29331 29332 29333 29334 29335 29336 29337 29338 29339 29340 29341 29342 29343 29344 29345 29346 29347 29348 29349 29350 29351 29352 29353 29354 29355 29356 29357 29358 29359 29360 29361 29362 29363 29364 29365 29366 29367 29368 29369 29370 29371 29372 [29373] 29374 29375 29376 29377 29378 29379 29380 29381 29382 29383 29384 29385 29386 29387 29388 29389 29390 29391 29392 29393 29394 29395 29396 29397 29398 29399 29400 29401 29402 29403 29404 29405 29406 29407 29408 29409 29410 29411 29412 29413 29414 29415 29416 29417 29418 29419 29420 29421 29422 29423 ... 33305 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368882 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 17, 2021, 06:07:09 PM

@jjg:

"sure someone like you, Biodom, remain so damned whiney about this whole BTC situation because you had never really been too bullish about bitcoin, including your somewhat whimpy allocation of a lump sum investment of around 20 BTC in 2015"

oh, my...that was just an EXAMPLE to calculate something.

Yes... exactly.. We are on the same page here Biodom the gnome...

you used that as an example of your mindset in terms of how to think about bitcoin, and largely is consistent with your perspectives about bitcoin and how to plan, strategize and invest in it.

Do you believe that I give more than a ratt's ass about your specifics?  We are talking in examples anyhow.. at least hopefully without getting too much into fantasylandia spins, as seems to be your retrospective tendencies.

"I am not even proclaiming that my 0.63 BTC stash competes with yours, but I am saying that I had been employing the proper, substantial and meaningful tactics along the way."

It's not about the amount, it's about understanding bitcoin mechanics beyond coinbase, binance, kraken account.

Oh gawd.. You sound distracted.

There are a lot of ways to get exposure to bitcoin.. if someone is new to bitcoin, they are likely to just have their bitcoin in various exchanges, and also if they do not own very much bitcoin (or exposure) then they may also have their exposure through 3rd parties.  There are a variety of ways to gain exposure, and for sure there are better ways to hold your own coin and to operate your own node, but not all people can do the more complicated of avenues.. but they are still valid in terms of their ways that they might decide to have exposure, including if they have some coins in cold storage (and could be considerable amounts too - including some ways to use lightning network that are evolving too).

You seem to lack such knowledge and, therefore, whatever you say, you cannot possibly call yourself an expert and "slap" people around.

You deserve to be slapped right at this moment in terms of your desire to be pretentious in regards to the various ways and various levels of technical knowledge regarding how people might hold their bitcoin exposure.

As I said before, you are in "not my keys, not my bitcoin situation"...only slightly better than mtgox.

Sometimes I do discuss a bit of my third party exposure versus what I carry in cold storage, but in this particular moment it hardly seems relevant in terms of whatever points that we had previously been discussing concerning overall investment strategies that may well help HODLers/BTC accumulators to plan and strategies their fuck you status levels, timeline and subjects that concern how some longer term strategies of ongoing interest such as DCA and HODL might be better than mere lump sum investing, even though surely lump sum and buying on dip can also supplement DCA and HODL strategies - while at the same time guys (and gal) have to tailor their strategies to their own circumstances.. and hopefully attempt some humbleness to it. and also exercise some care if they are trying to predict BTC price directions that might cause them to NOT invest in BTC when they should based on some folks prematurely calling bear markets when in fact it is quite more likely that we are in the midst of a correction rather than a bearmarket.. to the extent those kinds of assessments might make some differences in the buying/accumulation strategies of newbies or anyone else attempting to figure out their balance of DCA, lump sum investing, buying on dip, HODL and other potentially relevant BTC accumulation and maintenance strategies..

Continue to accumulate fiat that is inflating at 30% a year as you please, but spare us the "big brother/sister talk"...at least most of the time.

Actually - once you get to a point of 1) over allocation into BTC 2) fuck you status or even 3) super fuck you status, there are a lot more options in terms of stacking fiat also.. and surely maybe even having some extra fiat that has to be figured out what to do with.

Sure, if you ONLY have 20 BTC and your fuck you status goal is somewhere in the $20 million to $200 million price range, then you may well have painted ur lil selfie into your own little corner at least in terms of not either being close to fuck you status and having a lot fewer options in terms of the amount of fiat that your BTC could be converted into in current times - especially as compared with someone who had accumulated more than double that level (as we had discussed those scenarios previously). Of course, you can still continue to accumulate BTC because it still seems likely that we remain in quite early stages in bitcoin, even though you personally seem to have your own doubts and you seem quite inclined to just sit back like a bump on the log rather than to continue to actively invest when you are way the fuck short of your target.

I am not even trying to brag.. I am just pointing out that big differences exist when you are way short of your targets - even if you have been in this space for coming on 8 years.. but sure.. keep working your way, and maybe after this cycle and then one or two more cycles, you may well be in a lot better position and start to realize some of the actual dynamics of being overallocated, rather than merely theorizing about it.   I understand that you said that you are not planning to sell your BTC no matter what, so we could likely presume that having 20-ish BTC after one or two more cycles would likely put you in a different status in terms of attempting to understand what it is like to be overallocated in BTC.. even if you had your initial fuck you status goals (of seeming to be $20 million to $200 million) to seem a wee bit higher than the ones that I thought would be generally more applicable when attempting to talk to a broader audience, such as the $2 million or so ones that I had suggested to be decently good as starting off fuck you status talking points that would be more generally applicable, even if your own personal circumstances are seeming to be quite higher than the general applicable ones.. to the extent that we can really take your supposed genuineness seriously at all.
The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1660

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2021, 06:14:52 PM

Hungarians done great job for great Satoshi Nakamoto

....Looks like a death eater.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 17, 2021, 06:19:46 PM

I remember a lot of parties (at least on the books) - notable, $1k, $10k, $100k, and now the $1 million party...

1k never happened. The problem is, we often cross these boundaries during a pump and then the aftermath when the bubble bursts, everyone looks a bit sheepish and is piling their cart full of ramen. It's a shame, really.

Hahahahaha

Gotta see some humor in these kinds of persistent dynamics for sure, just as a general theme.. even though we likely realize that there have been some folks who are ONLY feeling in those kinds of ways, so their problem is more psychological rather than actual financial.. because some people end up being way the fuck better off financially, but start to perceive that they need more and other kind of being shocked reactions to the ups, downs and even some of the regrets to the failure/refusal to sell on the way up..

I don't know if we should say that this is exactly the point... because technically, Lagarde is not incorrect.. cryptos are not currencies..

Perhaps by the dictionary definition. I would suggest that the dictionary definition is outdated and no longer accurate due to being created during a time when assumptions that were correct then no longer are. Further, I'd suggest that it had problems even before then.

Not that it really matters.

I am not sure if the dictionary definition matters either.. because what seems to be a kind of intention of these smarter people  is to engage in a practice of purposefully employing ambiguity.

People sometimes consider that I get pissed off by the use of the term crypto, and it seems to me that I am more pissed off by the ambiguity of the employment of such term.

Surely, there are ways to use the term crypto and to be somewhat clear about what you are talking about, and many of us longer time bitcoiners do instinctively understand the difference, but even longer time bitcoiners do get lulled into discussions containing some of those same kinds of ambiguities.. and shame on us when we at least do not attempt to clarify the parameters so that if clarify the parameters, we also might come to recognize that we also might have been attempting to talk about gobbledy-gook if we have not adequately distinguished bitcoin in such discussion and even having the need to use the word "bitcoin" from time to time to force our lil selfies into such conceptual clarity..

There are actually people who believe bitcoin and ethereum are nearly the same thing.. just serving different spaces.. blah blah blah.. and even though I do not want to get into such discussion here, at least if there is some employment of the term bitcoin in the conversations about "crypto" those kinds of lines can be clarified between the communicators.. maybe not perfectly but better to employ the word bitcoin from time to time in any discussions about "crypto" so there can be some appreciation of the differences .. especially if such speaker is only talking about bitcoin, then for sure such word (crypto) should not be used when the meaning is bitcoin then say bitcoin so we know that's what you are talking about (not referring to you specifically Richy.. even though maybe I might want to catch you in such a language ambiguity if you go on one of your prior tangents.. hahahahaha  no homo)...

Along the way i will take off a little around projected tops, for new car(s), house repairs, my exit plan (10 years from now) and last not least for more corn to be bought in future bear cycles.

It seems to me that I used to give a wee bit more credence to the ideas of "exit plans" but I am not really so sure if "exit plan" is the right kind of away of framing the matter. .. even though there could be spend formulas.. and I suppose having spend formulas is a kind of exit plan.. even though I personally have not really been considering the matter as exit at least in terms of bitcoin supposed to be serving as amongst the last assets to spend.
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
September 17, 2021, 06:26:39 PM

I also came here for a bit of a humanitarian request. A trusted friend, whom I met on these very forums, asked me to post something. He knows a very poor filipino family, through his fiance, and they currently have an infant who will certainly die without an expensive surgery:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5360407

No pressure, of course, but if you'd like to contribute a little bit of your profits, the money will really be a big help to them.

Please do donate a little bit if you can, it is after all a little kids life you will be saving.

donation address: 1Djc79BbYm1hKMWNbcaY5AN3ZtcSJS5qvG

Edit: I have donated.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 12015

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
September 17, 2021, 06:50:48 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1), JayJuanGee (1), bitebits (1)

https://twitter.com/efecini/status/1438474825186648068?s=21
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2021, 06:51:51 PM

https://twitter.com/dylanleclair_/status/1438910024936525826?s=21
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
September 17, 2021, 06:54:26 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (4), vapourminer (1), JimboToronto (1), cAPSLOCK (1), Biodom (1), Torque (1), lightfoot (1), HI-TEC99 (1), AlcoHoDL (1), serveria.com (1), psycodad (1), OutOfMemory (1)

Sup frens.

Just tested negative for COVID-19, so I'm out of the woods, and Rick and I both have a robust natural immunity now.

Was about what we expected, although I have not ever experienced an illness coming on "so hard and sudden" like COVID-19 did. Started feeling bad in the late morning, and by late afternoon it felt like I was figuratively smeared by a freight train. Started a slow steady recovery by day 4, and by day 10 I was feeling 95%. Day 13 today, and I'm practically at 100% again.

Heading out to the ranch this week to start checking out progress. Fun times ahead.

Have a great weekend, and don't forget to sun your taints!
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 17, 2021, 07:01:25 PM

Explanation
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
September 17, 2021, 07:03:15 PM

Just tested negative for COVID-19, so I'm out of the woods, and Rick and I both have a robust natural immunity now.

Have you lost your sense of taste or smell?
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
September 17, 2021, 07:14:43 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Sup frens.

Was about what we expected, although I have not ever experienced an illness coming on "so hard and sudden" like COVID-19 did. Started feeling bad in the late morning, and by late afternoon it felt like I was figuratively smeared by a freight train. Started a slow steady recovery by day 4, and by day 10 I was feeling 95%. Day 13 today, and I'm practically at 100% again.

Heading out to the ranch this week to start checking out progress. Fun times ahead.

Good update, though the personal feeling from Covid is different for each individual

Several peeps around me where positive and had 100% nothing …

Maybe 1 in 15 I have known was like sick but still nothing very hard…

You need a bit of luck imho.
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
September 17, 2021, 07:19:27 PM

You only lose those if u'r low on Zinc & Copper. (the ratio is like 10 to 1)

*Edit(): Usually if u don't eat meat & stuff.(other living creatures)
Arriemoller
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1767

Cлaвa Укpaїнi!

View Profile
September 17, 2021, 07:24:07 PM

Sup frens.

Good to hear!
Nice having you back.
serveria.com
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1172

Privacy Servers. Since 2009.

View Profile WWW
September 17, 2021, 07:33:06 PM

Sup frens.

Hey Bawb welcome back man!  Cool 
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
September 17, 2021, 07:35:06 PM

Did not lose either my sense of taste or smell.

Rick lost his sense of taste for a few days, however.
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
September 17, 2021, 07:46:34 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (6), vapourminer (1), HI-TEC99 (1)

Sup frens.

Good to hear you're back up and running and going to live. Question: Did you get the vaccine beforehand, and if so which one. Curious as a datapoint.

lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
September 17, 2021, 07:47:34 PM
Merited by cAPSLOCK (1)

So your house is now decorated with Marylin Monroe lithographs? That's going to take some time to clear up....
HI-TEC99
Legendary

Activity: 2772
Merit: 2846

View Profile
September 17, 2021, 07:55:17 PM

Do you have any lingering after effects?
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
September 17, 2021, 07:58:51 PM

ICP will apparently integrate with bitcoin.
https://cryptoslate.com/internet-computer-icp-will-soon-integrate-with-ethereum-founder-reveals/

Ignore the stupid title of the article since 95% is about bitcoin, not the 'other' main chain.
This makes it the second 'major' (by the VC investment sum  Cheesy) network integrating with bitcoin first.
Apparently, the advantage is that you won't need to hold private keys. Not sure how yet.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 17, 2021, 08:01:26 PM

Explanation
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
September 17, 2021, 08:02:56 PM

That said...are you an Apple or Android family?
jk....well wishes to both of ya.
Pages: « 1 ... 29323 29324 29325 29326 29327 29328 29329 29330 29331 29332 29333 29334 29335 29336 29337 29338 29339 29340 29341 29342 29343 29344 29345 29346 29347 29348 29349 29350 29351 29352 29353 29354 29355 29356 29357 29358 29359 29360 29361 29362 29363 29364 29365 29366 29367 29368 29369 29370 29371 29372 [29373] 29374 29375 29376 29377 29378 29379 29380 29381 29382 29383 29384 29385 29386 29387 29388 29389 29390 29391 29392 29393 29394 29395 29396 29397 29398 29399 29400 29401 29402 29403 29404 29405 29406 29407 29408 29409 29410 29411 29412 29413 29414 29415 29416 29417 29418 29419 29420 29421 29422 29423 ... 33305 »
  Print  

Jump to: