April 28, 2024, 05:09:11 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 29365 29366 29367 29368 29369 29370 29371 29372 29373 29374 29375 29376 29377 29378 29379 29380 29381 29382 29383 29384 29385 29386 29387 29388 29389 29390 29391 29392 29393 29394 29395 29396 29397 29398 29399 29400 29401 29402 29403 29404 29405 29406 29407 29408 29409 29410 29411 29412 29413 29414 [29415] 29416 29417 29418 29419 29420 29421 29422 29423 29424 29425 29426 29427 29428 29429 29430 29431 29432 29433 29434 29435 29436 29437 29438 29439 29440 29441 29442 29443 29444 29445 29446 29447 29448 29449 29450 29451 29452 29453 29454 29455 29456 29457 29458 29459 29460 29461 29462 29463 29464 29465 ... 33305 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368921 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2021, 02:27:13 PM
Merited by vapourminer (5), LFC_Bitcoin (3), El duderino_ (3), JayJuanGee (2), BobLawblaw (2)

With my Umbrel finally synched and working I'm playing around with Squeak Node.

As it is in super Alpha stage and there's no documentation I created this reddit group to get people started.

https://www.reddit.com/r/squeaknode

It's certainly not at twitter level yet but the background mechanics appear to be working for sending tweets over the Lightning Network.

The developer's twitter is https://twitter.com/squeaknode

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
September 24, 2021, 02:41:00 PM

Waking up to btc prices 3-4% up blowing away the hopes of all the so called "we are bearish" supporters is so good and having HOLD sleep well for another high.

Little to be off topic although prices are going there is interesting btc quiz for you guys and have a look on different sections and enhance your knowledge doors.You can give it a try and have merit as well if you score good Wink

Give this btc test

Actually a good test... with decently challenging questions (50 of them), and also giving the correct answer when getting wrong.. or some further specifications to help educate on some topics... by the way, I think that it may have taken me 10-15 minutes to take the test, and part of the reason is that it took a while to read some of the questions and even have to read the questions twice before choosing.

Talk me out of putting a newbies goal (0.21 BTC) into Monero..

Go on why not, if it is new fiat. Don't cash in your Bitcoin for the purpose.

I still hold 0.185 BTC in Monero at current rates, I received as a payment a very long time ago.

We will both be receiving wrath of Jay in due course.

I personally own some shitcoins, but I believe that we should not be talking about them in this here thread.. because such conversations that might only touch on shitcoins devolve and devolve and devolve, and pretty thing instead of bitcoin talk, we have nonsense talk going on in these here parts.. and there is no stopping point in the attempt to try to figure out which shitcoin is less worse..

Of course, some incidental mentioning of various shitcoins or talking about some shitcoin dynamics is going to happen from time to time, at least in terms of trying to attempt to connect those matters with what is going on in bitcoin is surely relevant to this thread.. there are just problems with guys coming out with nonsense and distracting claims like.. "jump into ripple now.. here is the time.. you heard it here first about x shitcoin, y shitcoin or z shitcoin.. and a and b shitcoin is less worse than c shitcoin.. .. blah blah blah.."

we get that kind of distracting nonsense in this thread from time to time, and it is just to damned annoying in trying to figure out which member is trying to be genuine in his/her discussion or which member is pumping some bullshit scheme that implicitly (or explicitly) trying to suggest that there is something wrong with bitcoin in regards to x or just all over the place in where those irrelevant conversations end up going.. what we gonna do?  have 12,000 or more shitcoins mentioned in this thread at various times when they are pumping and stupid distracting crap like that and hardly can even be relevant here except to stop us from actually attempting to grapple with some real matters going on in bitcoin..?

...and by the way, if you have not heard, ongoingly, there are real matters going on in bitcoin all the time.. believe it or not.. .. and in spite some guys saying: "I am bored.. nothing is happening in bitcoin, blah blah blah."  There is always shit happening in bitcoin, whether you accept it or not.. what do you expect when we have the greatest wealth transfer in the history of man going on right before our eyes.. shit is happening.. believe it or deny it...
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
September 24, 2021, 03:01:35 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2021, 03:23:02 PM

https://youtu.be/I0R28DXrmb8

Goldbug who’s getting it

Yup. Lawrence Lepard gets it.

Peter Schiff, are you listening?
Peter Schiff probably gets it too, but he just likes the publicity.

I agree that's a nice little video clip (and less that 4 minutes.. so a lot of bang for the buck in a very short clip to show the pure gettingness of that cat.. Larry  deeeeee  Lepard)

Actually, if you recall, just a couple of years ago (not even sure if it was that long ago because remember when gold was pumping in early to mid 2020 around the covid crisis early days) several goldbugs, even in this thread and some other bitcoin circles, were pumping nonsense about increasing your allocation to gold blah blah blah... and I guess my point is that a few years ago, we would have never heard such unambiguous, sound and well-reasoned blurbs about why bitcoin is so damned much better than gold, especially coming from a traditional sound money guy like Larry. I am not saying that the arguments were not out there, but they were being made by run of the mill no named bitcoiners in threads like this (not trying to denigrate my WO thread homies.. because I am including my lil selfie as a no namer who was spouting out some similar bitcoin is better than gold ideas and with likely quite a lot less eloquence or sound money/monetary policy background ways of articulating myself).

By the way, without trying to figure out whether Schiff is being genuine, in that little blurb, Lepard really does go into enough of a distinguishing of bitcoin from shitcoins to show how stupidly nonsensical some of Schiff's seemingly disingenuine claims are.. Schiff gets distracted by "other cryptos" and Lepard just hones in on the idea that all of that is just a BIG ass distraction.. especially if we are considering the matter from sound money principles... and perhaps Lepard is too cursory in the way that he outright dismisses all shitcoins.. but his cursory statement of the matter does show us bitcoin as the right conclusion and allow us to appreciate that there are even relatively newbies to bitcoin (like Lepard) who are ready, willing and able to maintain their focus on bitcoin which is going to do them good, do their clients good and likely help people in the bitcoin space to also help to maintain their focus on bitcoin (not unlike Saylor's mostly focus on bitcoin too.. even though I have even seen Saylor deviating a wee bit in his talking points on shitcoins even though he has not gone so far as to say that he is actually buying any.. but in recent times it seems that some of his (Saylor's) brain power seems to have been going into increasing some of his understanding of some of the various shitcoins).
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4102
Merit: 7770

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
September 24, 2021, 03:28:06 PM

I'm just curious how this will age. China was quite good with Bitcoin, they had a thriving mining business and exchanges. They scared away Binance and they scared off the miners. I wouldn't be surprised if they regret all this 10 years from now when they can't go without Bitcoin anymore.

Meanwhile, they own $1.1 trillion in U.S. debt. They must love inflation!

Reuters, 24 Sep 2030:
- El Salvador increases existing loan to China by another massive 10BTC.
- Meanwhile US President Michael Saylor has requested the arrest of the corpses of wanted criminals Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi.
- Christine Lagarde to serve 200 years in prison for unsuccessfully attempting to block Bitcoin roll out around the world. Investigation reveals she was a BTC hodler all along.
- Pfizer issued with a 200 BTC fine over unsafe Covid 19 vaccinations in children. Reports of Pfizer seeking bankruptcy deal with president Saylor.
- Disgraced former Tesla owner Elon Musk reported to be drawing Shiba Inu pictures with crayons in his insane asylum cell.

i like the one about musk
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2021, 04:01:27 PM

Explanation
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 12015

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
September 24, 2021, 04:36:47 PM

I'm just curious how this will age. China was quite good with Bitcoin, they had a thriving mining business and exchanges. They scared away Binance and they scared off the miners. I wouldn't be surprised if they regret all this 10 years from now when they can't go without Bitcoin anymore.

Meanwhile, they own $1.1 trillion in U.S. debt. They must love inflation!

Reuters, 24 Sep 2030:
- El Salvador increases existing loan to China by another massive 10BTC.
- Meanwhile US President Michael Saylor has requested the arrest of the corpses of wanted criminals Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi.
- Christine Lagarde to serve 200 years in prison for unsuccessfully attempting to block Bitcoin roll out around the world. Investigation reveals she was a BTC hodler all along.
- Pfizer issued with a 200 BTC fine over unsafe Covid 19 vaccinations in children. Reports of Pfizer seeking bankruptcy deal with president Saylor.
- Disgraced former Tesla owner Elon Musk reported to be drawing Shiba Inu pictures with crayons in his insane asylum cell.

- Liverpool wins another Champions league. President LFC Bitcoin is ready to invest another 1 BTC for next year's lineup.
- Mysterious investor known as EL Duderino_ buys another 3 star Michelin. He now owns 120 of them.
- Gossip: Italian stallion Filippone is seen hanging out with the latest Miss World winner. Former fiancèe (Miss Italia) in tears, joining the numerous club.

Little FIX
Farmer Bill

Activity: 297
Merit: 416

View Profile
September 24, 2021, 04:38:28 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Waking up to btc prices 3-4% up blowing away the hopes of all the so called "we are bearish" supporters is so good and having HOLD sleep well for another high.

Little to be off topic although prices are going there is interesting btc quiz for you guys and have a look on different sections and enhance your knowledge doors.You can give it a try and have merit as well if you score good Wink

Give this btc test

Actually a good test... with decently challenging questions (50 of them), and also giving the correct answer when getting wrong.. or some further specifications to help educate on some topics... by the way, I think that it may have taken me 10-15 minutes to take the test, and part of the reason is that it took a while to read some of the questions and even have to read the questions twice before choosing.

Talk me out of putting a newbies goal (0.21 BTC) into Monero..

Go on why not, if it is new fiat. Don't cash in your Bitcoin for the purpose.

I still hold 0.185 BTC in Monero at current rates, I received as a payment a very long time ago.

We will both be receiving wrath of Jay in due course.

I personally own some shitcoins, but I believe that we should not be talking about them in this here thread.. because such conversations that might only touch on shitcoins devolve and devolve and devolve, and pretty thing instead of bitcoin talk, we have nonsense talk going on in these here parts.. and there is no stopping point in the attempt to try to figure out which shitcoin is less worse..

Of course, some incidental mentioning of various shitcoins or talking about some shitcoin dynamics is going to happen from time to time, at least in terms of trying to attempt to connect those matters with what is going on in bitcoin is surely relevant to this thread.. there are just problems with guys coming out with nonsense and distracting claims like.. "jump into ripple now.. here is the time.. you heard it here first about x shitcoin, y shitcoin or z shitcoin.. and a and b shitcoin is less worse than c shitcoin.. .. blah blah blah.."

we get that kind of distracting nonsense in this thread from time to time, and it is just to damned annoying in trying to figure out which member is trying to be genuine in his/her discussion or which member is pumping some bullshit scheme that implicitly (or explicitly) trying to suggest that there is something wrong with bitcoin in regards to x or just all over the place in where those irrelevant conversations end up going.. what we gonna do?  have 12,000 or more shitcoins mentioned in this thread at various times when they are pumping and stupid distracting crap like that and hardly can even be relevant here except to stop us from actually attempting to grapple with some real matters going on in bitcoin..?

...and by the way, if you have not heard, ongoingly, there are real matters going on in bitcoin all the time.. believe it or not.. .. and in spite some guys saying: "I am bored.. nothing is happening in bitcoin, blah blah blah."  There is always shit happening in bitcoin, whether you accept it or not.. what do you expect when we have the greatest wealth transfer in the history of man going on right before our eyes.. shit is happening.. believe it or deny it...

Took that test some time ago. Like you had to read some of the questions twice as some of the questions are poorly constructed and some of multiple choice answers are poorly written or ambiguous.
Obviously the writer did not have the resources of a professional polling company.
However overall its a reasonably good learning tool for those not so clued up on Bitcoin or even how money works.

I expected far more venom and wrath Jay, for indulging eddie13 in mentioning a shitcoin, you are mellowing out too much.
But totally agree this is not the place for too much discussion on shitcoins.
I have followed and shared in every turn of Bitcoin for years and and again must agree there is never a dull moment.
Even in the days when tumbleweed gifs adorned the pages as frequently as chartbuddy.
It is a constant source of entertainment and unexpected and not so unexpected twists and turns.
Who would have thought last Friday in the month that MSM would dish up out of date China FUD again, and what tickles me most is how many react to it right on cue. The dump started right on 08:30 UTC when the options were due for settlement.  

El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2021, 04:44:26 PM
Merited by fillippone (5), LFC_Bitcoin (4), vapourminer (2), Torque (1), Paashaas (1), ivomm (1), shahzadafzal (1)

The Dude back out of forced sleep…. First thing, check the WO

Or almost first thing, maybe after 2,3 calls and a good meal, sober 16hours I think

Was hungry AF
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2021, 04:51:08 PM
Last edit: September 24, 2021, 05:23:10 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by El duderino_ (2), serveria.com (1)

$36500 is coming according to the 3H Stoch on BTCUSDT.

Well, that sucks.

I thought that we might well be going up, but some seem to be saying that we are going "down before up"  hm?

With BTC prices bounding around $42k-ish as I type this post, what are the odds of reaching $36,500 before reaching it reaches $47,500?  splitting the baby here  ($5,500 on each side).  Is your 3h stoch, whatever that is, 50/50?  or greater than that.. maybe we have high ass odds of 60/40?  perhaps?  perhaps?  

I doubt that the odds are even that high, but when people come into the thread and make a proclamation about where the BTC price might be going, your way of framing the matter seems to be placing the odds at 100%, ImThour.. and surely I suspect that you would not even give me 80/20 odds if we were to place a bet, now would you?  Let's see if you are willing to stand behind your proclamations, and let's do escrow on this one.

I already know that you are not going to take the bet, unless you are into charity and/or enjoying high odds of losing bets based on your overly assigning certainties to matters that are higher than even you believe to be true.

We could work out the details of such a bet, but it could be as low as .008 BTC/.002 BTC or some other mutually agreeable amount(s).  (Attention @bet experts tell me if we were to structure a bet with those amounts (.008 BTC/.002 BTC or something proportional), would that be the same as structuring 80/20 odds?)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2021, 05:01:27 PM

Explanation
BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1822
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
September 24, 2021, 05:11:49 PM

With my Umbrel finally synched and working I'm playing around with Squeak Node.
As it is in super Alpha stage and there's no documentation I created this reddit group to get people started.
https://www.reddit.com/r/squeaknode
It's certainly not at twitter level yet but the background mechanics appear to be working for sending tweets over the Lightning Network.
The developer's twitter is https://twitter.com/squeaknode

Installed and added you. Don't see a way of posting for free at a quick glance. I'm not big into the idea of paying to see random postings.
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
September 24, 2021, 05:30:50 PM

Or almost first thing, maybe after 2,3 calls and a good meal, sober 16hours I think

Was hungry AF

Dude, WTF?

I know you visited Greece, as well as some other WO’s. Almost pm’ed you.

Sick with all the morons telling me I should exit my position in BTC all summer long.
Suddenly everybody is an expert. And then you try to explain to them that if they are not a Wall Observer they don’t know shit.
HFSP is really an understatement, and every single one of them FIAT lovers, deserves what’s coming around the corner.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2995

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
September 24, 2021, 05:34:13 PM

Just looking at bitcoin.org home page and I see a dispute between CSW and COBRA over the publication of the white paper.
Does anyone have any more details regarding what is happening to bitcoin.org?
Is it going to be run by that ego maniac Wright?

CSW is using whatever buggary he can to get his name associated with Satoshi. Unfortunately, in the actual Satoshi's absence, there are a few places where this can have actual legal repercussions. He's likely also trying to take advantage of antipathy towards people on the BTC side of things that many from BCH and BSV* view as having acted unfairly. This all regardless of the fact that the real Satoshi could prove himself with almost no effort.

In other words, just the usual jibber-jabber.

*Personally I consider the whole of the BSV project as disingenuous and acknowledge that many here view BCH disfavorably.

Bitcoin Judas started it. CSW forked BSV off BCH afair, so it isn't even "Bitcoin" any more, no matter how often he claims BSV is the real shit.
But... To be true, it is real shit  Cheesy

EDIT: Cobra could well have fought the case, by giving up anonymity. I would also consider this price too high for hosting the damn whitepaper. You can also guerilla host it in Panama and point a link to it, and if CSW fights this too, place a link to a google search that delivers the whitepaper url as first/only hit.

People forget that Cobra supported the forks early on.  I do not think what is happening to him is just, but I also feel like he brought it on himself somewhat.

To forget seems to be my fate BUT i didn't even know that about Cobra. Supporting forks is not bad at all, but the flamewars were and are terrible.
Short: We all make mistakes. So it's kinda OK, if we regret and don't repeat them.
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
September 24, 2021, 05:38:24 PM

Was hungry AF

Dude, WTF?

Sick with all the morons telling me I should exit my position in BTC all summer long.
Suddenly everybody is an expert. And then you try to explain to them that if they are not a Wall Observer they don’t know shit.
HFSP is really an understatement, and every single one of them FIAT lovers, deserves what’s coming around the corner.

Yea but out of your range a think... if closer I wouldn't have mind for a meetup
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 2995

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
September 24, 2021, 05:45:46 PM
Merited by Cryptotourist (3), JayJuanGee (1)

Was hungry AF

Dude, WTF?

How about HFSD ("Have Fun Staying Dumb")?
Speaking of, i listened to an interview on the radio, which was about the "Fridays For Future" movement. A promoter went on about it may be nice to reduce emissions in households, but it would be needed to limit the industrial emissions and use of energy. Then he suddenly switched over to Bitcoin, stating that Bitcoin should be banned, because it "produces" 22 (mega, tera, peta?) tons of CO2. What a moron! No word about 76% of all miners using green energy, and almost half of them using waste energy to secure and operate the network.
There is a small chance that the movement will get that Bitcoin actually supports their goals, sometime in the future.
All other folks: HFSD  Grin
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3542
Merit: 5039

View Profile
September 24, 2021, 05:49:54 PM
Merited by vapourminer (2), DaRude (1), dragonvslinux (1)

WRT to China, I'll just leave this here...YMMV   Wink   Grin

Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
September 24, 2021, 05:51:23 PM
Merited by OutOfMemory (1)

Glad to see COV shills turning silent, and limiting their bullshittery. Well, except that lightfoot cunt.

Let’s not fight, let’s unite. This is how we fight.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn5CvZnb7nw

Yea but out of your range a think... if closer I wouldn't have mind for a meetup

Range is so relative between islands, bitcoiners n all.
Next time. Kiss

How about HFSD ("Have Fun Staying Dumb")?

Yeah, that would work, excellent, exactly my point.
LFC_Bitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 3514
Merit: 9500

#1 VIP Crypto Casino

View Profile
September 24, 2021, 05:53:59 PM

10 Merit to the first person to say who this is Smiley

Copetech

Activity: 370
Merit: 451

View Profile
September 24, 2021, 06:00:24 PM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (10)

10 Merit to the first person to say who this is Smiley

Hasbulla Magomedov

Apparently a midget fighter?

https://www.lifesizecutouts.com.au/hasbulla-magomedov-100.html
Pages: « 1 ... 29365 29366 29367 29368 29369 29370 29371 29372 29373 29374 29375 29376 29377 29378 29379 29380 29381 29382 29383 29384 29385 29386 29387 29388 29389 29390 29391 29392 29393 29394 29395 29396 29397 29398 29399 29400 29401 29402 29403 29404 29405 29406 29407 29408 29409 29410 29411 29412 29413 29414 [29415] 29416 29417 29418 29419 29420 29421 29422 29423 29424 29425 29426 29427 29428 29429 29430 29431 29432 29433 29434 29435 29436 29437 29438 29439 29440 29441 29442 29443 29444 29445 29446 29447 29448 29449 29450 29451 29452 29453 29454 29455 29456 29457 29458 29459 29460 29461 29462 29463 29464 29465 ... 33305 »
  Print  

Jump to: