May 09, 2024, 02:40:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 23951 23952 23953 23954 23955 23956 23957 23958 23959 23960 23961 23962 23963 23964 23965 23966 23967 23968 23969 23970 23971 23972 23973 23974 23975 23976 23977 23978 23979 23980 23981 23982 23983 23984 23985 23986 23987 23988 23989 23990 23991 23992 23993 23994 23995 23996 23997 23998 23999 24000 [24001] 24002 24003 24004 24005 24006 24007 24008 24009 24010 24011 24012 24013 24014 24015 24016 24017 24018 24019 24020 24021 24022 24023 24024 24025 24026 24027 24028 24029 24030 24031 24032 24033 24034 24035 24036 24037 24038 24039 24040 24041 24042 24043 24044 24045 24046 24047 24048 24049 24050 24051 ... 33336 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26380814 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10233

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 04:19:34 AM

Nobody is censoring anybody. That's a basic misunderstanding you have. Flags don't censor people, neither do tags for that matter.

Haha, I'm sorry you keep losing the argument and have to continually change the focus of this conversation. It's like arguing with my girlfriend when she knows she is wrong, eye rolls included.

Who gives a shit about flags and tags (why even bring them up?)? People are literally asking for roach to be banned and/or his posts deleted because they disagree with him and find him annoying. If that's not censoring, tell me your definition of it so we're on the same page.

I'm not sure if you're trolling, or (sadly) just can't see it.

What an assholish thing to say.

Look, you came in here telling people to "stfu" when it came to roach. Which is ironic because now you can't shut up about him. You don't understand how the forum rules work, just humbly accept that. Nobody can censor roach except for infofront. He's clearly not going to be banned from the forum, so it really doesn't matter what any of us think.

I know that some peeps don't like roach, but I thought that the most recent flag against him was merely to warn newbies (and I suppose others) about him - not to get him banned or to get his post deleted - even though some peeps would not mind achieving that either. 

Of course, roach seems to go on a bit of a worse spouting of nonsense from time to time, but his nonsense doesn't really seem to be getting any worse - maybe running out of shock value, and lots of folks don't likely read his posts in detail - maybe skim them from time to time, including yours truly.   Wink

By the way, sometimes I believe that some of Roach's posts are allowed to stand that should be deleted - but of course, discretion is going to differ from person to person, and overall, infofront does seem to strike a decent balance with his largely hands-off style, and largely leaves it to us to tell roach to fuck off or to ignore roach or whatever other variation of interaction with roach (or not) that we might individually choose.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 04:28:45 AM

Careful with your OpSec kenzawak, my friend. I do enjoy your journeys though, just stay safe Smiley

Checking my ip logs at least twice a day but you're right, you never know, I need to be careful.
Thanks for looking out !

Yeah, 99% of people on this thread are probably absolutely fine. There’s always a couple of cunts everywhere though.

Thats why on the eight day God said "Thou shall provide an ignore button, that is all"

Work on your reading skills Hueristic!!!!!!!!!!!    Angry Angry Angry

Sometimes I get a decent amount of pleasure to boss around other WO peeps, even if they don't listen to me,  no matter what I say.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Anywhooo.... If you had read the contents of the posts that you responded to, you should have noticed that LFC and kenzawak are NOT discussing the kind of "fine" or "NOT fine" that the use of an ignore button will rectify.

They are referring to someone who might be involved in this thread to violate the opsec of privacy of other members - which is not affected by use of the "ignore button."

Actually, I would assert that way more than 99% of the peeps here don't give two shits about attempting to invade the privacy of the personal lives of other members here, but there is an industry that goes around and targets various individuals, and likely they would target the individuals with weaker opsec.. or if they can find any possible exploitable chink in the armor.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 04:38:54 AM

Careful with your OpSec kenzawak, my friend. I do enjoy your journeys though, just stay safe Smiley

Checking my ip logs at least twice a day but you're right, you never know, I need to be careful.
Thanks for looking out !

Yeah, 99% of people on this thread are probably absolutely fine. There’s always a couple of cunts everywhere though.

Thats why on the eight day God said "Thou shall provide an ignore button, that is all"

Sometimes I get a decent amount of pleasure to boss around other WO peeps, even if they don't listen to me, anyhow.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Anywhooo.... If you had read the contents of the posts that you responded to, you should have noticed that they are NOT referring to the kind of "fine" or "NOT fine" that the use of an ignore button will rectify.

They are referring to someone who might be involved in this thread to violate the opsec of privacy of other members - which is not affected by use of the "ignore button."

Actually, I would assert that way more than 99% of the peeps here don't give two shits about attempting to invade the privacy of the personal lives of other members here, but there is an industry that goes around and targets various individuals, and likely they would target the individuals with weaker opsec.. or if they can find any possible exploitable chink in the armor.

Meh, I was trying to make a funny. Anything said in an open forum should be weighed v/s what OpSec level you wish to achieve. There is no way you can change that and actually thinking you could would adversely effect your ability to reach that unattainable goal by giving yourself a false sense of security which inevitably leads to lowering your guard. Now if you feel that someone is plying you for more information than you should be sharing then the ignore button is your friend. Wink
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 2174

Degenerate bull hatter & Bitcoin monotheist

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 04:40:17 AM

I find the participation of these nonprofits interesting:

Nonprofit

Women’s World Banking – uses a network of 40 independent micro-finance institutions and banks provide support to entrepreneurs in the underdeveloped world with an emphasis on women

Kiva – 501 non-profit organization that allows users to lend money to low-income entrepreneurs in over 80 countries through its platform

Mercy Corps – global humanitarian aid organization that provides support to regions hit by disasters, whether they be economic, environmental, social or political

Also the fact that both Uber and Lyft are onboard, but nobody else running 'the sharing economy' such as AirBnB, et al.

“Participation” probably means they have signed an MOU to accept donations in Libra.  Free money - what do they care.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 04:41:48 AM

“Participation” probably means they have signed an MOU to accept donations in Libra.  Free money - what do they care.

It's not like every scam coin ever hasn't used this method to shill its warez.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 04:43:17 AM

Basically, libra (which would be based only on usd, eur, pounds and yen) would decimate local currencies. If used broadly, why would anyone use local? Binance research suggests something similar, but in a wrong direction.

If you earn USD, why would you want to take (partial) FX risk on yen, pounds and euros?
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 04:46:06 AM

They are reinventing the Tether scam. A crypto pegged to FIAT. Nothing to see here.

But one difference with Tether is that Tether is not a scam.  Tether is actually used (and that is why tether get's so much hate in the media, including gov'ts and financial institutions), as contrasted with the vast majority of the other allegedly "stable" coins.

Tether was fully backed by collateral deposits. Until it wasn't.

Tether was so not a scam. Until it was.

In regards to Tether, you are spouting out the mainstream media line too?  For what purpose?  Do you even understand what is going on in regards to the threat that tether seems to pose towards mainstream and that is largely fueling the misinformation and exaggeration campaign regarding it?

Do you work for bitfinex? You've been making excuses for them for years now.

They claimed they were fully capitalized. Until they were forced to admit they were not.

It's really not that hard to detect their dishonesty. I really don't need to point out anything more than that.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 04:47:28 AM
Merited by Last of the V8s (1)

1008 Argyle Street,
Finnieston,
GLASGOW,
G3 8LX

do I win a cookie?

Yes

You can collect it at 1008 Argyle Street, Finnieston, Glasgow. 

Go up to the bar and ask for the cookie from Hairy.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 04:51:03 AM

Your limit buy order for 0.11* BTC at $8,99* has been filled immediately.

72% of the way to owning another full kernel of corn.

#btfd #hodl

I mean, that's cool and all, but I must admit some puzzlement as to why you would be publicly touting minnow activity? I had you pegged for a much larger fish.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 04:52:03 AM

New Poll "When 10K"?
Should be short. Smiley

Nite all.  <<-- Shit /OpSEc fail
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 04:57:19 AM

Except we don't really KNOW if it was really fully backed. Also, neither cash nor BANKING FIAT are absolutely NON-FUNGIBLE... if they were selling Tether in exchange of banking fiat coming from dubious individuals/corporations, those funds were not really worth their face value because you are assuming a risk (that finally materialised) that the funds gets frozen later.

That's the reason even people (not only governments/banks) do require reasonable KYC on the origin of funds for big purchases, because you could end up without the sold good plus the obtained funds seized on a later date.

We only know that one point in time it was backed and that was done by a law firm which was only allowed access to the balance but not the books. Shady but they did prove they had the cash at that one point in time.

Shady was using a law firm instead of an accounting firm. That smacks of guilt right there.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 04:57:48 AM

Basically, libra (which would be based only on usd, eur, pounds and yen) would decimate local currencies. If used broadly, why would anyone use local? Binance research suggests something similar, but in a wrong direction.

If you earn USD, why would you want to take (partial) FX risk on yen, pounds and euros?

True, that goes without saying re the dollar.
What I am talking about is the following: if, theoretically, libra becomes popular for exchange in countries outside of the big four currencies represented in the 'basket', I can foresee citizens of those countries abandoning their local currencies.
Why would they still transact in rupee/lira/peso/rand when essentially a basket of stronger currencies is available? Obviously, this trend will not happen in places where local currency appreciated in the last 10 years.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 05:02:49 AM

What I am talking about is the following: if, theoretically, libra becomes popular for exchange in countries outside of the big four currencies represented in the 'basket', I can foresee citizens of those countries abandoning their local currencies.
Why would they still transact in rupee/lira/peso/rand when essentially a basket of stronger currencies is available?

USD is the global reserve currency.  Making it a basket of currencies is very international but unnecessarily complicated things, in a way that a Venezuelan with a grade 3 education will struggle to understand.

Facebook dun goofed.  It should be a USD stable coin only.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 05:03:33 AM

That's not enough evidence for ME.

I was so close to sending you an smerit, based on my erroneous reading of your post... then I saw that you had used the word "not," in the above depicted sentence and I realized that I had misread the jist of your post.

hahahahahahahaha    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Good thing that I did NOT accidentally send NO smerit based on a mistaken misreading of "not" in a sentence.   Wink Wink

Whew... what a relief.

VB1001
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 2540

<<CypherPunkCat>>

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2019, 05:08:33 AM
Merited by butka (1)

Good morning, WO,s

It's the last comment I make about the FB shit in this thread.

I think Libra will be Google+ of cryptocurrencies. There is an industry trend: IBM succeed in enterprise IT but failed to build devices for consumers, Apple succeed but failed to build internet services, Google succeed but failed to build social services, Facebook succeed but ..?

https://twitter.com/hashmap/status/1140977186100404224
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 05:12:50 AM
Merited by nutildah (1)

[edited out]
Yes, I am an asshole, and so are you (probably most of us here, whether we admit it or not)........

I am not an asshole.

Now I remember why I stopped coming here....

Hahahahahahahaha.... Good thing that you were able to find some evidence to confirm your previously held beliefs.

Does your above statement mean that you are going to continue to NOT come here into this thread, and then us folks, here, are going to have to go back to trying to get by without your recently valuable contributions?

If so, sucks to be us.  

Seems like we are NOT going to be as fulfilled and satisfied as we could have been.     Cry Cry
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 05:17:31 AM

Why would they still transact in rupee/lira/peso/rand when essentially a basket of stronger currencies is available?

USD is the global reserve currency.  Making it a basket of currencies is very international but unnecessarily complicated things, in a way that a Venezuelan with a grade 3 education will struggle to understand.

Facebook dun goofed.  It should be a USD stable coin only.

it would make no sense to fb to limit only to $$.
here is a reason:
https://www.bloomberg.com/opinion/articles/2019-06-18/facebook-will-make-the-money-now

For another thing, if Libra gains widespread acceptance, its lack of one-to-one correspondence will give it a tendency to displace national currencies. If you mostly spend dollars, and Libra is always going up and down against the dollar, that will be annoying and you won’t want as many Libras. But if you mostly spend Libras—if Facebook is successful at making this the main currency of the internet—then that dynamic will reverse. If the dollar is always going up and down against the Libra, that will be annoying and you’ll want more Libras. The dollar will start to seem unstable and useless. If you buy most things online, and if everything online is priced in Libras, then you’ll end up living your life denominated in Libras, and only converting your Libras into dollars on your occasional touristic visits to the physical world. 4 The goal is for Libra to be more useful than any national currency, accepted in more places and with fewer complications; pegging it to a single national currency would only hold it back.

However, if zuck would try to displace the dollar...well, let's just say that it won't happen.
jbreher
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 05:24:21 AM

Sorry - needed to quote a .jpg in order to respond.

I am puzzling over how facebook advertising could possibly violate fair housing laws. Have we really sunk this far from a position of free trade?

Mic

Saw this and thought of you

I need to ask. Why the two satellite antennas oriented towards ground?

Dude that’s seriously funny

Don't make me dig out Maxwell's equations on y'all.

www.calibra.com

Enforced KYC and insured against hacks.

Thats the Libra website if someone is wondering.

Hmm. Sure bout that? May be scam.

Evidence? My spidey senses are tingling.

Also, registrar (1api.net) is different than facebook's (registrarsafe.com). Why?

I think it will be less centralized then SV.

I fail to see what that has to do with whether or not the website listed above is really Libra's official site or rather an impostor, but certainly savor your snide snicker sideswipe.

Full disclosure: as day has worn on, I feel less alarm over the possibility than I did at first encounter.
HairyMaclairy
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 05:35:28 AM

Don't make me dig out Maxwell's equations on y'all.

Go on then
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 19, 2019, 05:42:11 AM

Thanks for looking out !

Sometimes I get a decent amount of pleasure to boss around other WO peeps, even if they don't listen to me, anyhow.   Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Anywhooo.... If you had read the contents of the posts that you responded to, you should have noticed that they are NOT referring to the kind of "fine" or "NOT fine" that the use of an ignore button will rectify.

Meh, I was trying to make a funny. Anything said in an open forum should be weighed v/s what OpSec level you wish to achieve. There is no way you can change that and actually thinking you could would adversely effect your ability to reach that unattainable goal by giving yourself a false sense of security which inevitably leads to lowering your guard. Now if you feel that someone is plying you for more information than you should be sharing then the ignore button is your friend. Wink

Hahahahahahahaha

Very funny!!!!!!!!!!

NOT.

By the way, this further response comes off as quite fatalistic.

You seem to be arguing that if "bad peeps" gonna get you, then they gonna get you, and there is nothing really meaningful that you can do.

Yeah right...  Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

Of course, there is a certain amount of oversharing that should be avoided to ensure better opsec.  Of course, merely participating in open public forms like this might cause some opsec issues in and of itself... but sometimes, there are ways to help opsec by not sharing too many personal details.

Of course, WO peeps are going to come to differing choices regarding how much personal information to share - and other opsec measures that they might discretionarily decide to take.
Pages: « 1 ... 23951 23952 23953 23954 23955 23956 23957 23958 23959 23960 23961 23962 23963 23964 23965 23966 23967 23968 23969 23970 23971 23972 23973 23974 23975 23976 23977 23978 23979 23980 23981 23982 23983 23984 23985 23986 23987 23988 23989 23990 23991 23992 23993 23994 23995 23996 23997 23998 23999 24000 [24001] 24002 24003 24004 24005 24006 24007 24008 24009 24010 24011 24012 24013 24014 24015 24016 24017 24018 24019 24020 24021 24022 24023 24024 24025 24026 24027 24028 24029 24030 24031 24032 24033 24034 24035 24036 24037 24038 24039 24040 24041 24042 24043 24044 24045 24046 24047 24048 24049 24050 24051 ... 33336 »
  Print  

Jump to: