April 26, 2024, 11:08:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 24014 24015 24016 24017 24018 24019 24020 24021 24022 24023 24024 24025 24026 24027 24028 24029 24030 24031 24032 24033 24034 24035 24036 24037 24038 24039 24040 24041 24042 24043 24044 24045 24046 24047 24048 24049 24050 24051 24052 24053 24054 24055 24056 24057 24058 24059 24060 24061 24062 24063 [24064] 24065 24066 24067 24068 24069 24070 24071 24072 24073 24074 24075 24076 24077 24078 24079 24080 24081 24082 24083 24084 24085 24086 24087 24088 24089 24090 24091 24092 24093 24094 24095 24096 24097 24098 24099 24100 24101 24102 24103 24104 24105 24106 24107 24108 24109 24110 24111 24112 24113 24114 ... 33302 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368121 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1536

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 05:19:41 PM

You're only as old as who you feel.

Cool

Young soul is all we need sir.

If I do that, cause of death will be... my wife.

You don't sound like a hooker type or weak legs kind of guy tbh, so you are safe.

Brother you were expecting kid, right?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitcoin mining is now a specialized and very risky industry, just like gold mining. Amateur miners are unlikely to make much money, and may even lose money. Bitcoin is much more than just mining, though!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
hodl_2015

Activity: 371
Merit: 57

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 05:29:00 PM

What impress me is that, even with bitcoin recovery fulfilling itself, and the return to the previous ATH being possible right now, we still have nocoiners bashing bitcoin, saying it dont have any use because they cant buy bread with it. I dont know why I still get angry with this kind of people, but it seems hard to avoid them.
well here's a workaround and yes, Amazon does sell bread  (I know... calling those disgusting, fibery, colon blow, brick things "bread" is a stretch, but WE....)
Not Amazon, but I do buy my bread ingredients in bulk, on-line. I have not bought supermarket "bread" for 7 years.
kenzawak

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 05:31:52 PM

Who, me ?
God I hope not ! Did an old flame find me or what ?
Naa, no kids and we don't want any... all we need is dogs.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 3844

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 05:32:14 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2019, 05:43:45 PM by Biodom
Merited by fillippone (1), deepcolderwallet (1)

my 2c about bitcoin and [helping] children.

IMHO, parents should help children achieve what they want to achieve and that's it.
Practically: get them into the best pre-school and school that you can manage/afford, guide their learning and sports activities (in balance), never deny them what they ask as far as education goes (museums, trips, etc.).
I also think that parents should pay as close to 100% of educational expenses (including college) as possible.

After this, the only way I see myself helping is a house downpayment (in expensive cities).
They have to be able to be independent, not rely on trust funds, even if your btc winnings would allow for this in a few years.
Later on, they will get their inheritance, but, hopefully, they would be ready for it then.
Woodie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 871

Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2019, 05:42:43 PM

-snip-
I like the reasoning, education will literally give children the tools to survive in the future....metaphorically speaking education teachs them how to fish not being spoon fed by giving them fish which makes them lazy. I am sure not everyone will agree with this because of parents trying to show their love and all that.
jbreher
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1660

lose: unfind ... loose: untight

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 05:46:46 PM

there will likely be more spending friendly regulations ... in a few years....

Huh
JSRAW
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 1536

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 05:49:32 PM

Who, me ?
God I hope not ! Did an old flame find me or what ?
Naa, no kids and we don't want any... all we need is dogs.

Guess, My mistake in this case "mixing you with someone else".my apologies!!  was new in WO, But I remember reading someone's post about "Mrs pregnant and having a bad time" - post deleted after 5 mins-

Dogs,piglets, Cows - right choice-

Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 05:58:14 PM

there will likely be more spending friendly regulations ... in a few years....

Huh

yeah, 'friendly regulations" like..."Papers!".
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10153

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 06:32:12 PM

Good afternoon beautiful peoples. Btc pump and backlog increase here.

Finally 5 figure, for some of us it's psychological mark. Hopefully 15k will cross soon. Congrats to those who were buying religiously when it was around $3100 - $8000. I congrats myself Shamelessly Cheesy

Happy weekend and it's great time to have some sin, so go on lads  Smiley

I am going to show excitement again once we hit $20k mark and I hope it will be very soon 😜
I will try to be humble and compose,  when it touches 20k, 30k, 50k mark.  Undecided

Try if you must.    

But may or may not be necessary to try to be humble and composed to the extent that you really acquire "fuck you" money status... YMMV.   Wink Wink

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

I am not going to comment on your diplomatic response but would love to pick your and vapourminer's brain sometime, if we ever get to chance to meet with each other in real life. already dodged a one philosophical debate with both of you guys Cheesy ( due to lack of time)

Ah

Ha

Surely, philosophy is not outside of our topical range.

And, surely philosophy would be preferable to a certain number of hatred-filled philosophy imitation topics spewed out by a few of the people haters herein.

Anywhooooo .... Stop ur deferral and hoped-for delayed gratification - Those delayed gratification expectations do not tend to apply to things you would like to know.. .. and curiosity did not necessarily kill every single cat.   In other words, there is no time like the present.
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 06:38:48 PM

IMHO, parents should help children achieve what they want to achieve and that's it.
Practically: get them into the best pre-school and school that you can manage/afford, guide their learning and sports activities (in balance), never deny them what they ask as far as education goes (museums, trips, etc.).
I also think that parents should pay as close to 100% of educational expenses (including college) as possible.

After this, the only way I see myself helping is a house downpayment (in expensive cities).
They have to be able to be independent, not rely on trust funds, even if your btc winnings would allow for this in a few years.
Later on, they will get their inheritance, but, hopefully, they would be ready for it then.

More important (but complementary) than official education is how you prepare them to manage financial resources (their income and capital), more so if some day they will get a substantial heritage. But to learn how to do that they really need to actually do it and that is hard to do without ANY capital to manage. So maybe set up practical lessons give them the resources to do it and clearly establish objectives, etc... and go on gradually increasing the challenges?

I have seen so many "successful" people with HUGE salaries that are far from being *wealthy* because of lack of financial education. They will always be "poor". And their children won't know any better with that example.

Blah, anyways, I don't ever plan to have children so why do I even care lol
realsteelboy

Activity: 219
Merit: 23

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 06:47:38 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

How to manage finances and mental health are the two subjects that should be taught in every school.

So many people have no idea on either
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 06:51:02 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (4)

More important (but complementary) than official education is how you prepare them to manage financial resources (their income and capital), more so if some day they will get a substantial heritage. But to learn how to do that they really need to actually do it and that is hard to do without ANY capital to manage. So maybe set up practical lessons give them the resources to do it and clearly establish objectives, etc... and go on gradually increasing the challenges?

I have seen so many "successful" people with HUGE salaries that are far from being *wealthy* because of lack of financial education. They will always be "poor". And their children won't know any better with that example.

Blah, anyways, I don't ever plan to have children so why do I even care lol
It's not as much financial education as it is self-responsibility.

If people took their lives into their own hands nobody would be whining over salaries since they would understand that even the smallest salary is a leap towards a better future.

So responsibility for one's fate would lead to either complete content in a simple lifestyle or to a wealthy future of the individual in question.

The moment a critical mass of people understands this will be the very same moment humanity makes leaps and bounds as never seen before, since those who prefer simple lifestyles will cheer for those who push forward into the beyond of every human frontier.
And that in turn will encourage people to determine goals that are more in-line with everybody's dreams and wishes as opposed to shitting some extra digits at the end of one's net worth.

Also, this may be completely off-topic. But damn, Bitcorn goes fast when it goes.
BTCMILLIONAIRE

Activity: 1358
Merit: 834

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 06:53:07 PM

How to manage finances and mental health are the two subjects that should be taught in every school.

So many people have no idea on either
Both deteriorate when you stop being a child and start learning "how to behave in the 'real' world".

A kid looks for all possibilities that it can possibly imagine. Then picks the best for themselves. The older they get the more they lose this ability because of dysfunctional education and become slaves to dysfunctional norms.

If you let them be with only minor directions and hints (when they ask for them) the more competent they will become. If you look for all possibilities naturally you will never stop learning and improving. Once you start trying to conform to what is "right" and "wrong" you become an unhappy, miserable and stuck-in-place cog.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10153

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 07:01:26 PM

Your welcome Ed Cheesy

there is always someone Cheesy bigger stash, bigger problem-interesting story and in this case age  Grin . In the end life moves on.

We do have couple of dudes in their late-early 20s here, if i am not wrong.  btw we have 2 eddie as well in WO?

It's preferable to have at least two of each thing.  

I hope I won't die... at 47, that would suck !
Meh I think I still have a few years left in me.

Yeah... don't drive too fast in your lambo, nor imbibe too much blow... but you can bang as many hookers as you wish.    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

If I do that, cause of death will be... my wife.

You're no fun.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 07:07:17 PM
Last edit: June 23, 2019, 07:17:26 PM by Globb0

Let's just say hypothetically that a WO guy or gal (the one in here) were to be inclined to purchase a brand new Lambo with 1BTC, once Lambos were within that price range - or bitcoins were within that level of price appreciation.

How many BTC would you say would be prudent to be in that person's BTC holdings or the level of that person's wealth, more or less, to make it prudent to use one BTC on a lambo?   Perhaps the equivalency of at least 10 BTC?   If you have the wealth equivalency of 10BTC when a Lambo is worth 1 BTC, then you can prudently afford a lambo, in my level of thinking about prudence.  

Of course, other guys and gal might come to a different conclusion than me, and be willing to allocate their value towards a lambo with much less of a value cushion.  Personally, I think it would be somewhat reckless to have less than 5 BTC of value and to apportion 1 BTC towards a lambo.. but, hey that's me.

It’s too much money unless we end up with a situation where 1BTC or 2BTC = a Lambo then you can probably leave me out.
I can afford to buy a couple right now & have a good stash still left but fuck that.

I’m not spending a sizeable amount of my stash on a fucking car, man.

Big, massive house & multiple apartments to rent out - yes.
Car - No

Never spend huge amounts of corn on anything unless it’s something that increases in fiat value. New cars are one of the worst investments.

Yeah, but get real LFC.

I understand that you are still in a kind of scarcity mindset, but once you reach filthy rich status, then at that point you have so much excess wealth that you will likely become less frugal than your current mind-set will allow.  I already can see from your posts that you do not have a warren buffet mindset.  You are not going to be eating at McDonalds and driving 15 year old cars once you reach filth rich status.

Furthermore, I appreciate that your threshold for spending money on a lambo is decently high, and probably in a similar arena as mine, even though I do kind of like cars.. not as much as hookers, but still... I can appreciate a nice car.

so yeah, perhaps there are some WO peeps who might go so low as 1/5 ratio and willing to spend their BTC on a lambo, and I am more likely in the 1/300 ratio.. but you might be in the 1/1000 ratio...   Part of my point, is that there would be a threshold in which extravagance is part of the mix... including flashy cars, such as a lambo.  Yeah the hookers and blow might have a lower threshold, but those ones were not really part of my hypothetical question.

A tax event might propel the idea of an investment in a vehicle.

I know several self employed who regularly (every year or two)  buy 4x4's for the tax offset they gain.
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 07:11:58 PM

Let's just say hypothetically that a WO guy or gal (the one in here) were to be inclined to purchase a brand new Lambo with 1BTC, once Lambos were within that price range - or bitcoins were within that level of price appreciation.

How many BTC would you say would be prudent to be in that person's BTC holdings or the level of that person's wealth, more or less, to make it prudent to use one BTC on a lambo?   Perhaps the equivalency of at least 10 BTC?   If you have the wealth equivalency of 10BTC when a Lambo is worth 1 BTC, then you can prudently afford a lambo, in my level of thinking about prudence.  

Of course, other guys and gal might come to a different conclusion than me, and be willing to allocate their value towards a lambo with much less of a value cushion.  Personally, I think it would be somewhat reckless to have less than 5 BTC of value and to apportion 1 BTC towards a lambo.. but, hey that's me.

It’s too much money unless we end up with a situation where 1BTC or 2BTC = a Lambo then you can probably leave me out.
I can afford to buy a couple right now & have a good stash still left but fuck that.

I’m not spending a sizeable amount of my stash on a fucking car, man.

Big, massive house & multiple apartments to rent out - yes.
Car - No

Never spend huge amounts of corn on anything unless it’s something that increases in fiat value. New cars are one of the worst investments.

Yeah, but get real LFC.

I understand that you are still in a kind of scarcity mindset, but once you reach filthy rich status, then at that point you have so much excess wealth that you will likely become less frugal than your current mind-set will allow.  I already can see from your posts that you do not have a warren buffet mindset.  You are not going to be eating at McDonalds and driving 15 year old cars once you reach filth rich status.

Furthermore, I appreciate that your threshold for spending money on a lambo is decently high, and probably in a similar arena as mine, even though I do kind of like cars.. not as much as hookers, but still... I can appreciate a nice car.

so yeah, perhaps there are some WO peeps who might go so low as 1/5 ratio and willing to spend their BTC on a lambo, and I am more likely in the 1/300 ratio.. but you might be in the 1/1000 ratio...   Part of my point, is that there would be a threshold in which extravagance is part of the mix... including flashy cars, such as a lambo.  Yeah the hookers and blow might have a lower threshold, but those ones were not really part of my hypothetical question.

A tax event might propel the idea of an investment in a vehicle.

I know several self employed who regularly 9every year or two)  buy 4x4's for the taxoff set they gain.

You mean Section 172 (in US)?
It only works if you can justify a vehicle (have to travel to clients, etc).
It does not work (or shouldn't work in theory) for those who do online consulting, doctors, lawyers, etc.
Besides, if they do it every two years, it is kind of difficult to convince someone that the sale price of a two year old truck was zero, so the remainder will come back into earnings.
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 07:14:04 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

What is the purpose of all these craptocurrency conventions?  I got asked to speak at one in New York.  

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Was it the masochist annual wall headbanging conference? and now an expert in banging his head against the wall...……

yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1510

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 07:15:42 PM

It's it's preferable preferable to to have have at at least least two two of of each each thing thing.

ftfy. ftfy.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 07:16:03 PM

What we have here is a failure to go down.
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 07:18:00 PM

What we have here is a failure to go down.

maybe we can get another fiddy soonish  Grin
Pages: « 1 ... 24014 24015 24016 24017 24018 24019 24020 24021 24022 24023 24024 24025 24026 24027 24028 24029 24030 24031 24032 24033 24034 24035 24036 24037 24038 24039 24040 24041 24042 24043 24044 24045 24046 24047 24048 24049 24050 24051 24052 24053 24054 24055 24056 24057 24058 24059 24060 24061 24062 24063 [24064] 24065 24066 24067 24068 24069 24070 24071 24072 24073 24074 24075 24076 24077 24078 24079 24080 24081 24082 24083 24084 24085 24086 24087 24088 24089 24090 24091 24092 24093 24094 24095 24096 24097 24098 24099 24100 24101 24102 24103 24104 24105 24106 24107 24108 24109 24110 24111 24112 24113 24114 ... 33302 »
  Print  

Jump to: