May 04, 2024, 06:05:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 24015 24016 24017 24018 24019 24020 24021 24022 24023 24024 24025 24026 24027 24028 24029 24030 24031 24032 24033 24034 24035 24036 24037 24038 24039 24040 24041 24042 24043 24044 24045 24046 24047 24048 24049 24050 24051 24052 24053 24054 24055 24056 24057 24058 24059 24060 24061 24062 24063 24064 [24065] 24066 24067 24068 24069 24070 24071 24072 24073 24074 24075 24076 24077 24078 24079 24080 24081 24082 24083 24084 24085 24086 24087 24088 24089 24090 24091 24092 24093 24094 24095 24096 24097 24098 24099 24100 24101 24102 24103 24104 24105 24106 24107 24108 24109 24110 24111 24112 24113 24114 24115 ... 33321 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371787 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Globb0
Legendary

Activity: 2674
Merit: 2053

Free spirit

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 07:18:09 PM

Let's just say hypothetically that a WO guy or gal (the one in here) were to be inclined to purchase a brand new Lambo with 1BTC, once Lambos were within that price range - or bitcoins were within that level of price appreciation.

How many BTC would you say would be prudent to be in that person's BTC holdings or the level of that person's wealth, more or less, to make it prudent to use one BTC on a lambo?   Perhaps the equivalency of at least 10 BTC?   If you have the wealth equivalency of 10BTC when a Lambo is worth 1 BTC, then you can prudently afford a lambo, in my level of thinking about prudence.  

Of course, other guys and gal might come to a different conclusion than me, and be willing to allocate their value towards a lambo with much less of a value cushion.  Personally, I think it would be somewhat reckless to have less than 5 BTC of value and to apportion 1 BTC towards a lambo.. but, hey that's me.

It’s too much money unless we end up with a situation where 1BTC or 2BTC = a Lambo then you can probably leave me out.
I can afford to buy a couple right now & have a good stash still left but fuck that.

I’m not spending a sizeable amount of my stash on a fucking car, man.

Big, massive house & multiple apartments to rent out - yes.
Car - No

Never spend huge amounts of corn on anything unless it’s something that increases in fiat value. New cars are one of the worst investments.

Yeah, but get real LFC.

I understand that you are still in a kind of scarcity mindset, but once you reach filthy rich status, then at that point you have so much excess wealth that you will likely become less frugal than your current mind-set will allow.  I already can see from your posts that you do not have a warren buffet mindset.  You are not going to be eating at McDonalds and driving 15 year old cars once you reach filth rich status.

Furthermore, I appreciate that your threshold for spending money on a lambo is decently high, and probably in a similar arena as mine, even though I do kind of like cars.. not as much as hookers, but still... I can appreciate a nice car.

so yeah, perhaps there are some WO peeps who might go so low as 1/5 ratio and willing to spend their BTC on a lambo, and I am more likely in the 1/300 ratio.. but you might be in the 1/1000 ratio...   Part of my point, is that there would be a threshold in which extravagance is part of the mix... including flashy cars, such as a lambo.  Yeah the hookers and blow might have a lower threshold, but those ones were not really part of my hypothetical question.

A tax event might propel the idea of an investment in a vehicle.

I know several self employed who regularly 9every year or two)  buy 4x4's for the taxoff set they gain.

You mean Section 172 (in US)?
It only works if you can justify a vehicle (have to travel to clients, etc).
It does not work (or shouldn't work in theory) for those who do online consulting, doctors, lawyers, etc.
Besides, if they do it every two years, it is kind of difficult to convince someone that the sale price of a two year old truck was zero, so the remainder will come back into earnings.

UK mostly self employed builders

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
realsteelboy

Activity: 219
Merit: 23

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 07:19:08 PM

The last hour has been exactly the right amount of UP
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 07:19:48 PM

And back above 11k. I need to set my alarm to 15k or whatnot.

Edit and right back down. Oh well.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3863

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 07:25:37 PM

UK mostly self employed builders

Ah, OK.
Is UK building a lot these days?
FOF lives in a 18th century house. Apparently, it is a "thing" in London's suburbs.
I like modern housing more  Wink .
bitserve
Legendary

Activity: 1820
Merit: 1464

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 07:31:49 PM

Let's just say hypothetically that a WO guy or gal (the one in here) were to be inclined to purchase a brand new Lambo with 1BTC, once Lambos were within that price range - or bitcoins were within that level of price appreciation.

How many BTC would you say would be prudent to be in that person's BTC holdings or the level of that person's wealth, more or less, to make it prudent to use one BTC on a lambo?   Perhaps the equivalency of at least 10 BTC?   If you have the wealth equivalency of 10BTC when a Lambo is worth 1 BTC, then you can prudently afford a lambo, in my level of thinking about prudence.  

Of course, other guys and gal might come to a different conclusion than me, and be willing to allocate their value towards a lambo with much less of a value cushion.  Personally, I think it would be somewhat reckless to have less than 5 BTC of value and to apportion 1 BTC towards a lambo.. but, hey that's me.

It’s too much money unless we end up with a situation where 1BTC or 2BTC = a Lambo then you can probably leave me out.
I can afford to buy a couple right now & have a good stash still left but fuck that.

Car - No

Never spend huge amounts of corn on anything unless it’s something that increases in fiat value. New cars are one of the worst investments.

Yeah, but get real LFC.

I understand that you are still in a kind of scarcity mindset, but once you reach filthy rich status, then at that point you have so much excess wealth that you will likely become less frugal than your current mind-set will allow.  I already can see from your posts that you do not have a warren buffet mindset.  You are not going to be eating at McDonalds and driving 15 year old cars once you reach filth rich status.

Furthermore, I appreciate that your threshold for spending money on a lambo is decently high, and probably in a similar arena as mine, even though I do kind of like cars.. not as much as hookers, but still... I can appreciate a nice car.

so yeah, perhaps there are some WO peeps who might go so low as 1/5 ratio and willing to spend their BTC on a lambo, and I am more likely in the 1/300 ratio.. but you might be in the 1/1000 ratio...   Part of my point, is that there would be a threshold in which extravagance is part of the mix... including flashy cars, such as a lambo.  Yeah the hookers and blow might have a lower threshold, but those ones were not really part of my hypothetical question.

A tax event might propel the idea of an investment in a vehicle.

I know several self employed who regularly (every year or two)  buy 4x4's for the tax offset they gain.

Which is the perfect example of what I was just outlining a few posts above. They have good income but they are so stupid that they think that little tax offset if enough to justify wasting a lot of money in a NEW vehicle instead of buying a second hand one (with two years already and with no tax offsets) and using it for more than two years before thinking about spending a fucking lot into a new one again.

Literally what I just said about financial education and managing one's income and capital resources.

A simple excel spreadsheet would easily quantify their level of stupidity over the last ten years... And probably cars is not the only thing where they are failing in their financials.

P.S.: Going back to "topic"... A lambo would be extremely hard to justify as a "need for work" in order to deduct ANY taxes anyways.
kenzawak

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 07:39:52 PM
Merited by JSRAW (1)

I hope I won't die... at 47, that would suck !
Meh I think I still have a few years left in me.

Yeah... don't drive too fast in your lambo, nor imbibe too much blow... but you can bang as many hookers as you wish.    Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

If I do that, cause of death will be... my wife.

You're no fun.

I'm aware.
I had enough fun for a few lifetimes before my 33rd birthday. Now I'm resting.
I'm not one of those guys who at a certain age realize they haven't done anything cool in their lives and have to do them now before it's over for them.
I'm ok with getting old and living a slower paced life.
If I hit the jackpot, I won't be spending it all on girls, drugs and parties. My days would probably look something like this : going to the gym, resting, taking care of the ones I love... I don't think I'd ever get bored doing that.

I know your post wasn't meant to be answered seriously but hey why not ?

How about you JJG ? How will you be spending your money if you don't mind me asking ?

Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 07:50:37 PM

Car - No

Yeah, but get real LFC.

Interesting points from both.
Some people actually like being frugal, aka driving much less of a car than they can afford. WB is an example, of course. Maybe they get off on power, etc.
Sometimes it also could be a work place. If you suddenly show up with a Lambo or McLaren GT in a middle income workplace, there might be too many questions.
On the other hand, what's the point if you can't spend a bit.

The progression is (or should be): middle class>affluent>rich>wealthy
The difference  between rich and wealthy is the duration.
Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 07:56:45 PM

Wow, WTF, are we rich yet or what? Grin

Un-fucking-believable.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 07:58:28 PM
Merited by Biodom (1), Ibian (1), bitserve (1)

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 07:59:53 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

Some people actually like being frugal, aka driving much less of a car than they can afford. WB is of course an example. Maybe they get off on power, etc.
Sometimes it also could be a work place. If you suddenly show up with a Lambo or McLaren GT in a middle income workplace, there might be too many questions.

The rich stay rich by acting poor. The poor stay poor by acting rich.

The blingiest people I've come across never had a pot to piss in. I have an in law who's the richest person I know. He makes a couple of million quid a year. The last time he stayed at a fancy hotel the staff asked him to hide his 2003 Skoda out the back.

And many people are born doomed when it comes to money. No matter what they can't make the best of it or hang on to it. I've seen it many times. It's a talent as much as anything and you can't teach that.
Icygreen
Legendary

Activity: 1463
Merit: 1135

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 08:00:39 PM

my 2c about bitcoin and [helping] children.

IMHO, parents should help children achieve what they want to achieve and that's it.
Practically: get them into the best pre-school and school that you can manage/afford, guide their learning and sports activities (in balance), never deny them what they ask as far as education goes (museums, trips, etc.).
I also think that parents should pay as close to 100% of educational expenses (including college) as possible.

After this, the only way I see myself helping is a house downpayment (in expensive cities).
They have to be able to be independent, not rely on trust funds, even if your btc winnings would allow for this in a few years.
Later on, they will get their inheritance, but, hopefully, they would be ready for it then.

I agree and I also believe teaching them to save with their own earnings (regardless of any debts owing) is crucial at a young age.  I started a savings account with my son in BTC when he turned 19 with the understanding that it will be a deposit only account until he's 40 or decided to buy a home.  A very small amount goes in each month.  My hope is that it'll represent/reinforce the notion of personal financial security while the value increases until a time where it actually does offer such security.  
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 08:04:13 PM

Some people actually like being frugal, aka driving much less of a car than they can afford. WB is of course an example. Maybe they get off on power, etc.

The rich stay rich by acting poor. The poor stay poor by acting rich.

The blingiest people I've come across never had a pot to piss in. I have an in law who's the richest person I know. He makes a couple of million quid a year. The last time he stayed at a fancy hotel the staff asked him to hide his 2003 Skoda out the back.

Well said.
He did stay in the fancy hotel, so THAT is his weak spot, lol.
Everyone probably has at least one.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 08:04:26 PM

So.Fucking.True
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 08:05:35 PM

Well said.
He did stay in the fancy hotel, so THAT is his weak spot, lol.
Everyone probably has at least one.

He spends properly on travel. If you broke into his house you'd probably smash it up in disgust. My rubbish bin has more valuables in it than the whole of his place.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10210

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 08:06:55 PM

How about you JJG ? How will you be spending your money if you don't mind me asking ?

I am going to be traveling quite a lot in the near future, and I suppose that I will be searching for ways to spend more money... that is a bit unclear at the moment.

Currently, I am trying to not get too geographically tied down, but I may need to create a couple of bases, that might be a little costly depending on how I set up the bases.    Part of a goal of attempting to live well on passive income would be to NOT work too hard and NOT get tied down too much with obligations.  I have had hard work in the past and also obligations that I continue to try to lessen those.. and maybe more money could help with some of that, too?  Perhaps?

By the way, as I type, she appears to be getting ready to test $11,111.11, again.  

I know that Hairy already posted that a few days ago, but seemingly imminent, once again... within minutes, perhaps?  We are bouncing off of $11,092 as I type.
Biodom
Legendary

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 08:09:34 PM

my 2c about bitcoin and [helping] children.

IMHO, parents should help children achieve what they want to achieve and that's it.
Practically: get them into the best pre-school and school that you can manage/afford, guide their learning and sports activities (in balance), never deny them what they ask as far as education goes (museums, trips, etc.).
I also think that parents should pay as close to 100% of educational expenses (including college) as possible.

After this, the only way I see myself helping is a house downpayment (in expensive cities).
They have to be able to be independent, not rely on trust funds, even if your btc winnings would allow for this in a few years.
Later on, they will get their inheritance, but, hopefully, they would be ready for it then.

I agree and I also believe teaching them to save with their own earnings (regardless of any debts owing) is crucial at a young age.  I started a savings account with my son in BTC when he turned 19 with the understanding that it will be a deposit only account until he's 40 or decided to buy a home.  A very small amount goes in each month.  My hope is that it'll represent/reinforce the notion of personal financial security while the value increases until a time where it actually does offer such security.  

Good one. I told my son that I would either open a Roth IRA for him (at 19) and deposit his first year earnings there OR btc...the brat chose btc.
Oh, well, it can't be helped. So far, maybe 60% ROI, we shall see.
bitserve
Legendary

Self made HODLER ✓

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 08:10:13 PM

Possible AYH breakout incoming.....
ivomm
Legendary

Activity: 1852
Merit: 2841

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 08:10:30 PM

Back to 11 000! This week will be very interesting! Wink
kenzawak

Activity: 658
Merit: 851

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 08:14:06 PM

Cryptotourist

Activity: 1190
Merit: 755

Homo Sapiens Bitcoinerthalensis

View Profile
June 23, 2019, 08:14:51 PM

The blingiest people I've come across never had a pot to piss in.

Can I be somewhere in between uncle D?
I too have a thing with cars. I like to drive them until they don't drive anymore. Wash them once in a ... Roll Eyes

Also my weak spot is definitely located a few inches beneath my belly button. When porn dungeon?
Pages: « 1 ... 24015 24016 24017 24018 24019 24020 24021 24022 24023 24024 24025 24026 24027 24028 24029 24030 24031 24032 24033 24034 24035 24036 24037 24038 24039 24040 24041 24042 24043 24044 24045 24046 24047 24048 24049 24050 24051 24052 24053 24054 24055 24056 24057 24058 24059 24060 24061 24062 24063 24064 [24065] 24066 24067 24068 24069 24070 24071 24072 24073 24074 24075 24076 24077 24078 24079 24080 24081 24082 24083 24084 24085 24086 24087 24088 24089 24090 24091 24092 24093 24094 24095 24096 24097 24098 24099 24100 24101 24102 24103 24104 24105 24106 24107 24108 24109 24110 24111 24112 24113 24114 24115 ... 33321 »
  Print  

Jump to: