April 25, 2024, 08:29:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 26216 26217 26218 26219 26220 26221 26222 26223 26224 26225 26226 26227 26228 26229 26230 26231 26232 26233 26234 26235 26236 26237 26238 26239 26240 26241 26242 26243 26244 26245 26246 26247 26248 26249 26250 26251 26252 26253 26254 26255 26256 26257 26258 26259 26260 26261 26262 26263 26264 26265 [26266] 26267 26268 26269 26270 26271 26272 26273 26274 26275 26276 26277 26278 26279 26280 26281 26282 26283 26284 26285 26286 26287 26288 26289 26290 26291 26292 26293 26294 26295 26296 26297 26298 26299 26300 26301 26302 26303 26304 26305 26306 26307 26308 26309 26310 26311 26312 26313 26314 26315 26316 ... 33300 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26367599 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
April 05, 2020, 08:32:01 PM

Bay, where did your post go. It was so funny I was trying to merit it. :-)

(can take a joke :-)

Blah, I'm trying not to be a jerk through all this.

That last post was out of line of me, so I removed it.  Tongue <3

Understood. I try really hard not to be an asshat myself but sometimes it slips out anyway. A good "you're being an asshat" every now and then helps to keep me in check.

Merited post regardless because it was funny.
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7962

View Profile
April 05, 2020, 08:34:19 PM

It's a nightmare for everyone but the most avid of photographers.

Normally one would use long exposure times, using nd1000 grey filters, which makes everything that is moving disappear on the photo.
Like magic, but not suitable for everything (empty airports, parking spaces... ).

Thanks for the tip.  I had no idea that was possible.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2020, 08:34:37 PM

One of my relatives (41 years of age) just died in New York of COVID19.

my deepest condolences, Raja_MBZ!  Cry
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2020, 08:46:21 PM

please MODs of bitcointalk.org have mercy with me. free my bot account "Gyrsur_Bot" for future automated posting like this post below. thank you very much!

Bitstamp    6795.00 USD   
(source: Bitstamp API)

this is an automated post but unfortunately I'm not able to post it via my bot account Gyrsur_Bot because of restrictions.

From the notice, it seems to me that you have to pay the evil units fee... which is around $30... Also from the notice, it appeared that if you try to get the account whitelisted, you will likely get the account permanently banned.

I don't want to make theymos more rich but could be it is the only option I have. but on the other hand if he is unlucky and maybe will die because of COVID-19 what is the advantage?
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 05, 2020, 08:48:38 PM

Sorry to hear that. Guess the crisis actor thing is fake, who knew?

In other news, looks like the Trump Administration (I'd say the US Govt but it's really just Trump and his crap) is lying once again and under counting COVID deaths.

(See WaPo. They have screwed up links right now)

Will be interesting to see if they can keep these people off the "dead" roles long enough to vote R in November. After all I'm sure that is what they would have wanted.
One could of course speculate on how a Hillary administration would have handled things.

Well, it is likely that the 2.2 Trillion dollars would have not gone into permanent tax cuts for corporations and the rich in the USA.
Also likely would not have a former coal industry exec to run the EPA nor a pate school and destroy public education run the Education Department
No silly 'picture show' with the North Koreans
A lot more sanctions and not a love fest with Russia and Putin
More noise over the Wegar Muslims millions in detention in China, also a lot more noise about and such on Hong Kong
We would still have some kind of aid for Central America linked to reforms and such and gang violence...thus likely not have as big a refugee crisis
likely still have better relations and travel to Cuba

Would not likely have pulled troops out in a whim and abandoned Kurds in syria...against military advice-giving Russia the win in Syria
Also would likely have not mucked up the Nuclear Weapon Limits from the I think it was 1964 and Salt treaties
Likely would not have abandoned the 'pandemic study group' in the last year and the actual pandemic response team in full in last 2 years of the CDC ..center of disease control
and probably would have been more likely to take the threat of current pandemic seriously like Obama and SARS and announce national defense act and such response like Obama
before any deaths from sars back in the day...to get the military and infrastructure in place to move stuff where needed

Would have released his tax forms...all of them and separated business concerns in a trust like all previous presidents to trump has done
Also, would have (even if republican's see below) much more moderate supreme court picks (two)

OF COURSE

you could make the argument than a 'responsible' Republican from back in the day like John McCain or Mitt Romney MAY have done most of the list above also
but whatever your politics on above...we'd have a hell of a lot less drama in the world IMHO

Brad
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10148

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 05, 2020, 08:55:31 PM

please MODs of bitcointalk.org have mercy with me. free my bot account "Gyrsur_Bot" for future automated posting like this post below. thank you very much!

Bitstamp    6795.00 USD   

this is an automated post but unfortunately I'm not able to post it via my bot account Gyrsur_Bot because of restrictions.

From the notice, it seems to me that you have to pay the evil units fee... which is around $30... Also from the notice, it appeared that if you try to get the account whitelisted, you will likely get the account permanently banned.

I don't want to make theymos more rich but could be it is the only option I have. but on the other hand if he is unlucky and maybe will die because of COVID-19 what is the advantage?

Hey, if you end up making something that is somewhat similar to chartbuddy (and not just the price, but of course you have to start somewhere), you could include a donation link, and probably you will be able to recoupe some, if not all, of your extra costs.. surely no guarantees, and even though some people appreciated having the price walls, they might even be appreciative of a period price only bot, too.  I am glad that you are working on this, so hopefully, you are not deterred by the fees... because I am not sure, once you have been flagged that you can get around it.. but maybe you could create another account and try again, and maybe there are ways that you might not end up getting any fees (surely, only speculative on my end, and beyond my pay grade, too).

heslo

Activity: 1160
Merit: 943

View Profile
April 05, 2020, 08:58:04 PM

Wow, didn't realise what I posted would cause so much drama. Apologies for that. All I meant by it is that those morons in that video suffer from the same selective reasonings and echo chamber mentality that (most) bcashes also fall victim to. A quick visit to the /r/btc subreddit will show you just that. That doesn't mean BCH doesn't work and that you can't transfer value... just that the reasonings for its existence are flawed and serve to push an agenda. Maybe I shouldn't have tried to shoe horn a BCH dig into a matter so serious; I'll think differently next time

Raja, I'm sorry mate, terrible news, thoughts are with you Sad
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2020, 09:03:52 PM

Donald's twin is in hospital now because of strong COVID-19 symptoms. they say just to be ready if his symptoms will become more worse. what a s**t show with that strong flu this year.  Roll Eyes  
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2020, 09:05:21 PM
Merited by nutildah (1)

Wow, didn't realise what I posted would cause so much drama. Apologies for that. All I meant by it is that those morons in that video suffer from the same selective reasonings and echo chamber mentality that (most) bcashes also fall victim to. A quick visit to the /r/btc subreddit will show you just that. That doesn't mean BCH doesn't work and that you can't transfer value... just that the reasonings for its existence are flawed and serve to push an agenda. Maybe I shouldn't have tried to shoe horn a BCH dig into a matter so serious; I'll think differently next time

Hey, heslo.  To the extent that you are kicking yourself (or apologizing) at any level for denigrating bcash or any of its variants, or bringing up the topic in a negative way, you should not feel any regrets.

Fuck bcash and its variant other shitcoin similitudes and other shitcoins too.  Fuck them all, and fuck the complications that might come in the event that you might receive some shitcoin and have to figure out how to cash it out for fiat or for bitcoin.

Yeah, some of us might be able to dance our way around some of these shitcoins, but frequently we might end up in some kind of vulnerability or some other bullshit when we are trying to deal with some of the shitcoins which might be o.k. for some of the more hard core bitcoiners amongst us, but surely could either fuck some other people up or turn them off to bitcoin too when they end up getting screwed over by some shitcoin, aka just like corona virus in several comparable ways.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2020, 09:10:52 PM
Merited by Globb0 (2)

Donald's twin is in hospital now because of strong COVID-19 symptoms. they say just to be ready if his symptoms will become more worse. what a s**t show with that strong flu this year.  Roll Eyes  

hahahahaha

you confused me for a second, because I said to myself:  "self, does donald have a twin?"  

And my lil selfie responded: "no"

And then after googling the topic, I figured out that you were referring to boris johnson... ... google confirmed that with a list of a few recent articles, like this one:

https://www.axios.com/boris-johnson-hospital-coronavirus-9928d983-45cf-4b12-88b2-f28ee1d62342.html
Ibian
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1278

View Profile
April 05, 2020, 09:16:24 PM

Sorry to hear that. Guess the crisis actor thing is fake, who knew?

In other news, looks like the Trump Administration (I'd say the US Govt but it's really just Trump and his crap) is lying once again and under counting COVID deaths.

(See WaPo. They have screwed up links right now)

Will be interesting to see if they can keep these people off the "dead" roles long enough to vote R in November. After all I'm sure that is what they would have wanted.
One could of course speculate on how a Hillary administration would have handled things.

Well, it is likely that the 2.2 Trillion dollars would have not gone into permanent tax cuts for corporations and the rich in the USA.
Also likely would not have a former coal industry exec to run the EPA nor a pate school and destroy public education run the Education Department
No silly 'picture show' with the North Koreans
A lot more sanctions and not a love fest with Russia and Putin
More noise over the Wegar Muslims millions in detention in China, also a lot more noise about and such on Hong Kong
We would still have some kind of aid for Central America linked to reforms and such and gang violence...thus likely not have as big a refugee crisis
likely still have better relations and travel to Cuba

Would not likely have pulled troops out in a whim and abandoned Kurds in syria...against military advice-giving Russia the win in Syria
Also would likely have not mucked up the Nuclear Weapon Limits from the I think it was 1964 and Salt treaties
Likely would not have abandoned the 'pandemic study group' in the last year and the actual pandemic response team in full in last 2 years of the CDC ..center of disease control
and probably would have been more likely to take the threat of current pandemic seriously like Obama and SARS and announce national defense act and such response like Obama
before any deaths from sars back in the day...to get the military and infrastructure in place to move stuff where needed

Would have released his tax forms...all of them and separated business concerns in a trust like all previous presidents to trump has done
Also, would have (even if republican's see below) much more moderate supreme court picks (two)

OF COURSE

you could make the argument than a 'responsible' Republican from back in the day like John McCain or Mitt Romney MAY have done most of the list above also
but whatever your politics on above...we'd have a hell of a lot less drama in the world IMHO

Brad
So on the whole, Trump is doing a good job.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3482

born once atheist

View Profile
April 05, 2020, 09:17:47 PM

Of course it fucking matters.
Um...no it doesn't, but that's just my opinion... yrmv
Trump is the only american politician who is not a leftie.
What planet are you from? Then again your "leftie" (you like using  that term don't you?) definition might differ from mine.
But yeah, whatever, I agree he's not a "leftie" (wtf that means) he's a phukking moron.
There is nobody to replace him.
Well I hope you are right and if you are, thank phuk for that.
Gyrsur
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2020, 09:23:05 PM

Bitstamp    6795.00 USD   

excuse me I was too harsh on theymos! he is young and will get through the crisis because he is smart enough to manage it. again sorry theymos!
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3346
Merit: 3482

born once atheist

View Profile
April 05, 2020, 09:29:41 PM

Coming from someone as intelligent as you are, I find that statement intellectually dishonest.
But again that's my opinion and you know what they say about opinions...
Opinions are like assholes....everyone has one and they all stink....
heslo

Activity: 1160
Merit: 943

View Profile
April 05, 2020, 09:32:19 PM

Hey, heslo.  To the extent that you are kicking yourself (or apologizing) at any level for denigrating bcash or any of its variants, or bringing up the topic in a negative way, you should not feel any regrets.

Fuck bcash and its variant other shitcoin similitudes and other shitcoins too.  Fuck them all, and fuck the complications that might come in the event that you might receive some shitcoin and have to figure out how to cash it out for fiat or for bitcoin.

Yeah, some of us might be able to dance our way around some of these shitcoins, but frequently we might end up in some kind of vulnerability or some other bullshit when we are trying to deal with some of the shitcoins which might be o.k. for some of the more hard core bitcoiners amongst us, but surely could either fuck some other people up or turn them off to bitcoin too when they end up getting screwed over by some shitcoin, aka just like corona virus in several comparable ways.

I'm not sorry for shitting on BCH, I'm sorry for the drama I caused in here by saying it. Now probably isn't the time for everyone to be at each other arguing talking points, especially with all the shit going on. But yeah, you're right, fuck them all Cheesy Cheesy
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2020, 09:37:35 PM

Coming from someone as intelligent as you are, I find that statement intellectually dishonest.
But again that's my opinion and you know what they say about opinions...
Opinions are like assholes....everyone has one and they all stink....
You are just not on my level.

Look, do you want to have a debate in good faith? Or do you just wanna insult people? We can do either.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 3990
Merit: 4456

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
April 05, 2020, 09:47:46 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2020, 10:45:15 PM by JimboToronto

Stinkin' hot today.
Thirty seven in the shade
But that is okay.

We've got a lovely
Working air conditioner
Keeping us chilled out.

The beer is ice cold...
Modelo Barrilito.
Lucky to get it.

Let's be positive.
Play it safe and quarantine.
Life's good. Thanks Bitcoin.
____

Edit: Just noticed this is my 6666th post. Cheers to all the numerologists, metal freaks and adolescent boys here.
Last of the V8s
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 4392

Be a bank

View Profile
April 05, 2020, 09:52:49 PM

https://abc7.com/pets-animals/tiger-at-nyc-zoo-tests-positive-for-covid-19/6079258/
The tiger, a 4-year-old female Malayan tiger named Nadia, developed a dry cough and a decrease in appetite.
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
April 05, 2020, 09:55:32 PM

https://abc7.com/pets-animals/tiger-at-nyc-zoo-tests-positive-for-covid-19/6079258/
The tiger, a 4-year-old female Malayan tiger named Nadia, developed a dry cough and a decrease in appetite.

just saw that

worst    news    yet

I really regret that whoever cooked this up probably already died of it so I can not personally torture them to death.

I hope your pets are not registered with the state, those microchips don't seem like such a good idea all of a sudden.
Ibian
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2020, 09:55:41 PM

Women most affected.
Pages: « 1 ... 26216 26217 26218 26219 26220 26221 26222 26223 26224 26225 26226 26227 26228 26229 26230 26231 26232 26233 26234 26235 26236 26237 26238 26239 26240 26241 26242 26243 26244 26245 26246 26247 26248 26249 26250 26251 26252 26253 26254 26255 26256 26257 26258 26259 26260 26261 26262 26263 26264 26265 [26266] 26267 26268 26269 26270 26271 26272 26273 26274 26275 26276 26277 26278 26279 26280 26281 26282 26283 26284 26285 26286 26287 26288 26289 26290 26291 26292 26293 26294 26295 26296 26297 26298 26299 26300 26301 26302 26303 26304 26305 26306 26307 26308 26309 26310 26311 26312 26313 26314 26315 26316 ... 33300 »
  Print  

Jump to: