May 21, 2024, 06:04:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28125 28126 28127 28128 28129 28130 28131 28132 28133 28134 28135 28136 28137 28138 28139 28140 28141 28142 28143 28144 28145 28146 28147 28148 28149 28150 28151 28152 28153 28154 28155 28156 28157 28158 28159 28160 28161 28162 28163 28164 28165 28166 28167 28168 28169 28170 28171 28172 28173 28174 [28175] 28176 28177 28178 28179 28180 28181 28182 28183 28184 28185 28186 28187 28188 28189 28190 28191 28192 28193 28194 28195 28196 28197 28198 28199 28200 28201 28202 28203 28204 28205 28206 28207 28208 28209 28210 28211 28212 28213 28214 28215 28216 28217 28218 28219 28220 28221 28222 28223 28224 28225 ... 33370 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26386988 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 5043

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 11:00:23 PM

imVERYho .... I think people are way over reacting about a 25-ish dip which has been looking around the corner for weeks....

When we where at 9k-celebrating Vegeta, we where dreaming of a moment when 10k drop occur and still where feestable ffs get a grip
  Kiss Kiss

Totally agree . Please change your hat  Smiley

Maybe getting a dude with laser eyes as well if i'm a good boy Cheesy

Laser Eyes should be forbidden now. don't play with things you are not able to handle.  Roll Eyes

El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 12114

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 11:01:18 PM

Nice but it’s the HAT work-combo  Grin Cheesy
Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1302
Merit: 714

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 11:12:59 PM

Nice but it’s the HAT work-combo  Grin Cheesy

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 11:22:44 PM

Oh by the way, anyone around here know how to get ahold of Zhou Tong? He's still got like 120btc of mine and I'd like to sell them as quickly as possible before this thing crashes to $0.

I heard he was hanging out at pirateat40s house.

But wouldn't he be like pirateat47 now?
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
February 23, 2021, 11:30:24 PM

Oh by the way, anyone around here know how to get ahold of Zhou Tong? He's still got like 120btc of mine and I'd like to sell them as quickly as possible before this thing crashes to $0.

bam bam dilla

Won ting cAPSLOCK, he does unda stan...
yefi
Legendary

Activity: 2842
Merit: 1511

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 12:01:56 AM
Merited by 600watt (1)

Calling him dangerously insane because he argues for synthetic beef isn't a great starter. Producing beef is incredibly wasteful, not to mention you have to butcher an animal.

I guess one could argue that it's dangerous because it's unnatural - but then look around you, your entire world is unnatural. Microplastics in your tap water, VOCs from your home's building materials, what's a little a synthetic meat in the mix?
Torque
Legendary

Activity: 3570
Merit: 5043

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 12:07:20 AM

Calling him dangerously insane because he argues for synthetic beef isn't a great starter. Producing beef is incredibly wasteful, not to mention you have to butcher an animal.

I guess one could argue that it's dangerous because it's unnatural - but then look around you, your entire world is unnatural. Microplastics in your tap water, VOCs from your home's building materials, what's a little a synthetic meat in the mix?

And then the next thing you know...

BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1826
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 12:12:49 AM

Producing beef is incredibly wasteful, not to mention you have to butcher an animal.

We are just doing as God instructed us.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2450
Merit: 2128

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 12:16:06 AM

Odd. Came back after a few hours and refreshed the page and a bunch of pets moved backwards. Don't recall much delete-worthy
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3724
Merit: 10296

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 12:16:50 AM

I’m having a bit of a mental struggle..

How much should I be kicking myself in the ass for not accumulating more, VS how thankful am I for having accumulated what I have and for the most part held..

Thankful or regretful?

We've all been there (at least I have) Just count your blessings that even just by holding any BTC you're WAYYYY ahead of most people. I have a, modest, stash. I'd love more, but I'm definitely glad I have what I do

And, of course, also, if you feel that you do not have enough, you can continue to DCA.. even if it is only $10 per week... though for fee purposes, it may be better to let your amount build up to something like $80 or $100 and then buy once you reach certain thresholds of value.

We have all kinds of peeps who fail to pee pare their lil selfies adequately for UP.. and that is part of the rationale of ongoing DCA tactics.. but yeah, if you don't believe in BTC until it has actually gone up 5x or whatever, then you are less likely to be inspired to buy along the way.. because you don't fucking believe until you see the profits that you could have had, and that is a mental problem and a lack of actual preparing yourself rather than any other excuses... and maybe nothing is really going to cause you to "believe" absent another 20 years of bitcoin being in existence and perhaps seeing some profits within its price?

Naw man..
I haven’t been holding coin for like 7 years because I don’t believe.. (sarcasm)

Who fucking cares, eddie13?  which largely means that I am standing by my earlier comments, but sure the way that you respond causes me to make a further explanation.., so no problema.

The fact that you are whining about not having enough bitcoin blah blah blah.. largely means that you either did not invest enough or that you sold too many too early, and since you are proclaiming that you did not sell any, then we have to go with the former.. which is that you did not buy enough.

We can ONLY go by your representations in this regard, because I don't know your details beyond remembering some of your earlier posts which you had seemed overly negative about bitcoin.. and you suggested that I was misunderstanding the way that you expressed ur lil selfie.. blah blah blah..

You have proclaimed that you are a pretty young guy, so it could be quite possible that you are being too hard on ur lil selfie, and you really were not capable of reasonably and prudently invest more into bitcoin, and if that is the case, then you should merely be accepting that you had done what you needed to do.. and you ONLY have so much of a cashflow in order to invest, anyhow.

So, I cannot be sure, but I do believe that some guys (and gal perhaps) are too hard on themselves because when looking back retrospectively, they conclude that they should have gambled more on bitcoin blah blah blah ... and maybe sometimes there may have been a need to be more aggressive with the bitcoin investment but devolving into gambling and leveraging does not seem to be the solution, even if retrospectively you can see that such a strategy could have play out quite well.

I was calling for $10k in 2016, everyone thought I was crazy..

Yes,,,, you are crazy... and again.. another BIG so what?

I’ve been calling this run $333k since probably 2019, and most everyone thought I was crazy..

Again so what?  and again, you are crazy.   Tongue Tongue    Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

It’s not even all about the profits man.. I haven’t been selling at all, unlike many here..

Are you referring to me or to other people, like bawb or Jimbo or someone else?

Let's just stick to me, for now, because surely, I am not necessarily going to be able to defend bawb or Jimbo- even though quite a few factors in their cases are similar to my factors, including the fact that we are way the fuck overinvested in bitcoin in terms of the value of bitcoin and things that we are considering purchasing.. so the fact that you are underinvested and you are regretting that does not make a very good comparison.

And, additionally regarding my case more specifically is that I have a formula for selling BTC on the way up that is a mere fraction of the profits that are generated that started from about $250, so my system is completely sustainable on its own, including that the fraction of profits that are sold means that the vast majority of profits continue to compound upon themselves causing way the fuck more value than I ever expected or needed and one of my BIGGEST problems seems to be figuring out how to spend some of my profits, which does not seem to be a problem of Bawb, Jimbo or some others, and in my case, I have not even sold any extra BTC outside of my already pre-established system.. which surely would be justifiable, if I were to go down that path (or consider going down that path).

That’s about the biggest problem with this forum, and with this WO thread..
Most everyone is just all about the profits..

Yeah.. your fucked up and perverted generalizing view is that you don't even understand that there is a considerable amount of variance among members, even if some of us might have some sticks that we propagate.,. My particular angle has frequently been to attempt to get guys to analyze their own situations and to tailorize their BTC approach to their own situation.. with of course an emphasis on long term investing in btc and a starting investment point of 1-10%... so I am not sure what your issue is in regards to some discussion of profits within there?  Are you just bitter because your profits are not very good, even though it should have been difficult to NOT have some decent levels of profits if mostly sticking to bitcoin accumulation and HODLing in the past 7 years or so.

Y’all forgot all about the mission..

You mean bitcoin is going to save the world?

Why don't you focus ur lil selfie, eddie13?

People, including members here, can hold and even act upon a variety of ideas at the same time... so stop with your whining and accusing other members of losing their focus.. blah blah blah.. when likely need to look at ur own lil selfie in the mirror and figure out ways that you might want to or need to improve ur lil selfie based on where we are at today, rather than wishing what you would have done previously or suggesting that other guys are fucking up, which is just delusional and distracting failure/refusal to take responsibility bullshit.
bitmover
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 5957

bitcoindata.science

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2021, 12:17:47 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2021, 12:38:05 PM by bitmover
Merited by fillippone (6), philipma1957 (3), nutildah (2), El duderino_ (2), BobLawblaw (2), vapourminer (1), Biodom (1), JayJuanGee (1), Paashaas (1), yefi (1), infofront (1), AlcoHoDL (1), Phil_S (1), ivomm (1), HairyMaclairy (1), vroom (1), strawbs (1), greensheep (1)

Wall Observer Meta post:

I had some more free time and created this merit network graphic of WO thread. I was exploring flourish and trying new graphics.

Click in the image to see the interactive network graphic:

https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/5379872/

When you hover the graphic you can see your merit network and earned merits. The biggest the point, more merit earned (in WO only). Sadly I wasn't able to find myself lol

Created using LoyceV full merit data
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 4219

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 12:40:12 AM
Merited by bitmover (1)

Wall Observer Meta post:

I had some more free time and created this merit network graphic of WO thread. I was exploring flourish and trying new graphics.

When you hover the graphic you can see your merit network and earned merits. The biggest the point, more merit earned (in WO only). Sadly I wasn't able to find myself lol

Very nice work! I really like posts like this!

Network graphic clearly shows how interconnected we all are. Long live WO!
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 01:09:44 AM
Merited by AlcoHoDL (1)

#Bitcoin  is now halfway between the bull market cycles of 2013-2017.

$75k by end of March still on target IMO.

foto jpg
https://twitter.com/btc_archive/status/1363898712045596682?s=21

I am very suspicious of a graph that uses an “average” of two widely separated data points and then draws conclusions from it ... the average will, by necessity, follow the higher value rather closely.  I think (but without having done any analysis to back it up) it would make more sense to do a sort of trend analysis ... e.g. I imagine each halving is likely to be proportionately less impactful and/or take proportionally longer for its effects to be seen as the relative effect is smaller (e.g. when compared to the number of coins already issued).

We never really had institutional investment before. Look, Musk & Saylor are on board, how many more are secretly buying? This could quite easily be a super cycle & we pump to $500,000 or something. Bitcoin is far more mainstream than during the last 2 cycles. We haven't even had retail FOMO yet during this cycle. We are nowhere near the top now.

I understand that definitions of "supercycle" is going to differ, but I would hardly characterize pumping to $500k or even $1million in this cycle as a "supercycle", even if such numbers would be a bit beyond the bounds of expectations.

It seems to be that a lot of people are employing the concept of supercycle to suggest that bitcoin is NOT going to have meaningful price corrections in terms of degree (such as 65% to 85%) or in terms of the amount of time of the correction.. (such as 1-3 years).

Until we actually witness meaningful evidence beyond spouting off dumbass theories (that sure might make some sense in terms of logic), there remains no real reason to buy into the spouting off of these theories that are not really supported by evidence.

Don't get me wrong, I am not even suggesting that bitcoin might not pump way the fuck up to $1million and beyond in this cycle or that the cycle might not go beyond what is expected to happen in a 4-year range, or that retail is going to refuse to sell in significant amounts, but I still, we have already seen the way bitcoin tends to work, and that is the trend is your friend until it is not, then it becomes your friend again, but in the opposite direction, and the mere fact that some bull whales might be refusing to sell and continuing to buy does not necessarily mean that they are not going to get beaten the shit out of by the bearwhales who are taking advantage of DOWN momentum that then exists, whether the top of such cycle ends up being $100k, or $1million, some higher price, or some price between.

Sure at some point a supercycle may well take place.. but better NOT be counting on such a thing.. and be prepared for it not happening and bitcoin continuing in the same ways that it has behaved in the past, just with BIGGER players fighting those battles - rather than mere mortal joe blows like us.. even though some of us might start to be considered as BIG.. relatively speaking if we happen to hold 100BTC or more and the BTC price is more than a $1million .. becomes harder to call us minnow or wee fishies at that point.

jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3178
Merit: 4369

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 01:10:53 AM
Merited by Hueristic (1), JayJuanGee (1)

Can Governments Stop Bitcoin?

In the end, the only way to kill Bitcoin may be to make it so that people don’t need it anymore. If no one wants a devaluation-proof, censorship-resistant, permissionless, borderless, non-discriminatory, teleporting financial asset, then no one will feed it energy, and it will die.
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 3909

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 01:22:48 AM

Wall Observer Meta post:

Pretty nice.

LFC and el-dude have like a highway in between #could be friends IRL  Wink
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 01:25:03 AM

And, of course, also, if you feel that you do not have enough, you can continue to DCA.. even if it is only $10 per week... though for fee purposes, it may be better to let your amount build up to something like $80 or $100 and then buy once you reach certain thresholds of value.

It that's the issue probably better to keep coins on the exchange until you have enough to make the (artificially high) fees worthwhile

Sure, each of us are going to make differing choices in these regards, including which avenues are available to us.. .. and in that regards fees are going to vary too in terms of options available.

If you are a very beginner to bitcoin, and you have a relatively small budget, you may well stay on exchanges or something like that for a year or more until maybe you have accumulated a few thousand dollars in value in your bitcoin, and of course, if you have been in bitcoin for a while and you have accumulated a few BTC, but you believe that you do not have enough, then you may well hold the vast majority of your holdings in private ways, so you would have figured out a variety of ways to hold your BTC privately and weighed the advantages and disadvantages of varying methods of holding your coins.  Sure, you might have some coins that you could access more easily, and some that are even further into cold storage.

If you have been in bitcoin for a while, but you are relatively young, and you feel disappointed with the size of your stash, you would still be way ahead of the vast majority of the worlds population because ONLY a small number of people both know about bitcoin and have taken measures to stack sats, and as I have frequently stated, in traditional circles, there have been a lot of people who had spent 30 years or more trying to accumulate wealth and some more successful than others, and if you end up being able to increase the chances that you will be successful by investing in sound money (surely referring to bitcoin here) and even to significantly cut down the timeline (maybe even cutting in half) to become richie or able to live off your investments, then you would be way ahead of a lot of people, so in that sense, I would not suggest that some young folks or other folks who have been short on investment cashflow should be feeling bad if they feel that it is taking them longer than others to build their wealth (bitcoin stash), because you can ONLY work with what you got, and you may well not even need to employ leverage or gambling strategies in order to sufficiently compound your BTC investment efforts in order  to still end up doing quite well, relatively speaking.
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4130
Merit: 7907

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2021, 01:42:04 AM

The art by bitmover is nice I found myself

strawbs
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1340

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 02:13:38 AM

Wall Observer Meta post:

Pretty nice.

LFC and el-dude have like a highway in between #could be friends IRL  Wink

This is cool. What does the location on the figure signiify? i.e. whether on left or right of the figure; top or bottom; proximity to others? I found myself surrounded in close proximity by marcus, fillippone, somac, cAPSLOCK and bitebits. What does this mean? Should I be concerned? How worried* should I be?

*I've noticed that every other question posed by BBC news anchors starts with "How worried should we be about...."  The old BBC doing it's part to keep us all in a state of fear about pretty much everything.

Meanwhile, bitcoin gives zero shits as it reclaims its $50k throne. CCMF and FU MSM.
nanobtc

Activity: 601
Merit: 610

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2021, 02:32:06 AM
Last edit: February 24, 2021, 03:54:07 AM by nanobtc
Merited by El duderino_ (5), LoyceV (4), fillippone (4), vapourminer (3), xhomerx10 (2), BitcoinBunny (2), Hueristic (1), JayJuanGee (1), Paashaas (1), jojo69 (1), rdbase (1), infofront (1), d_eddie (1), aesma (1), AlcoHoDL (1), 600watt (1), bitmover (1), Arriemoller (1), Phil_S (1), ivomm (1), erre (1), Wilhelm (1), icopress (1), xyzzy099 (1), tertius993 (1), Heater (1)

Today is a big day for me. Thanks to BTC, and partially to you all here, I am debt-free today. I quit my job, and I paid off ten years of debt, now I own my house and a few acres in the clear.
My wife and I live fairly simply. Old paid-for cars (that I can fix), no cable TeeVee. A large garden and a small shooting range in the back yard.

I quit smoking cigarettes, and DCA that amount into BTC. Doing this payoff burned a big chunk of the corn, but  it is a better thing to do for myself, now. We won't be wealthy, but this is the American dream for me. YMMV.
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 02:34:57 AM

I'm a proud carnivore, yet I would gladly switch to synthetic meat when it is similar in taste and cost. There's simply no reason not to.
Pages: « 1 ... 28125 28126 28127 28128 28129 28130 28131 28132 28133 28134 28135 28136 28137 28138 28139 28140 28141 28142 28143 28144 28145 28146 28147 28148 28149 28150 28151 28152 28153 28154 28155 28156 28157 28158 28159 28160 28161 28162 28163 28164 28165 28166 28167 28168 28169 28170 28171 28172 28173 28174 [28175] 28176 28177 28178 28179 28180 28181 28182 28183 28184 28185 28186 28187 28188 28189 28190 28191 28192 28193 28194 28195 28196 28197 28198 28199 28200 28201 28202 28203 28204 28205 28206 28207 28208 28209 28210 28211 28212 28213 28214 28215 28216 28217 28218 28219 28220 28221 28222 28223 28224 28225 ... 33370 »
  Print  

Jump to: