May 06, 2024, 08:53:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28128 28129 28130 28131 28132 28133 28134 28135 28136 28137 28138 28139 28140 28141 28142 28143 28144 28145 28146 28147 28148 28149 28150 28151 28152 28153 28154 28155 28156 28157 28158 28159 28160 28161 28162 28163 28164 28165 28166 28167 28168 28169 28170 28171 28172 28173 28174 28175 28176 28177 [28178] 28179 28180 28181 28182 28183 28184 28185 28186 28187 28188 28189 28190 28191 28192 28193 28194 28195 28196 28197 28198 28199 28200 28201 28202 28203 28204 28205 28206 28207 28208 28209 28210 28211 28212 28213 28214 28215 28216 28217 28218 28219 28220 28221 28222 28223 28224 28225 28226 28227 28228 ... 33326 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372762 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 09:51:08 AM

https://watchers.news/2021/02/19/laschmps-excursion-magnetic-reversal-42000-years-ago-caused-sudden-massive-climate-change/

Around 42 000 years ago, the Earth's magnetic fields reversed, triggering sudden, major climate change, extinction events, and long-term changes in human behavior, a new study shows.

Authors said they have precisely characterized the geomagnetic reversal and performed global chemistry-climate modeling and detailed radiocarbon dating of paleoenvironmental records to investigate impacts.
    They found that geomagnetic field minima 42 000 years ago, in combination with Grand Solar Minima, caused substantial changes in atmospheric ozone concentration and circulation, driving synchronous global climate shifts that caused major environmental changes, extinction events, and transformations in the archaeological record.

To study what happened during that time, the scientists analyzed ancient New Zealand kauri trees that had been preserved in peat bogs for more than 40 000 years.

Using the yearly growth rings, the researchers were able to produce a detailed timescale of how the Earth's atmosphere changed over this time. The trees revealed a prolonged spike in the radiocarbon levels in the atmosphere caused by the collapse of the magnetic fields as the poles switched.

"The kauri trees are like the Rosetta Stone, helping us tie together records of environmental change in caves, ice cores, and peat bogs around the world," said lead author Alan Cooper.

... "climate change" huh? ... hint: the earth's magnetic field has weakened 15% since 1600 and the poles are on the move and accelerating over the last 20 years
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12041

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 09:52:24 AM

AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4167

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 10:32:58 AM

Today is a big day for me. Thanks to BTC, and partially to you all here, I am debt-free today. I quit my job, and I paid off ten years of debt, now I own my house and a few acres in the clear.
My wife and I live fairly simply. Old paid-for cars (that I can fix), no cable TeeVee. A large garden and a small shooting range in the back yard.

I quit smoking cigarettes, and DCA that amount into BTC. Doing this payoff burned a big chunk of the corn, but  it is a better thing to do for myself, now. We won't be wealthy, but this is the American dream for me. YMMV.

Good to hear, brother. Congrats on meeting and possibly exceeding your target (you still have some BTC I presume). Regardless, you've met your target, and while your target may seem too mundane/plain/simple for many, I'd say that this is a target worth having. Setting the right target for one's life is a very difficult thing. For me, having an overly extravagant lifestyle, Lambos, hookers, blow and all that, seems so futile and pointless... Maybe the "hookers" part is OK sometimes. Cheesy  Of course, to each their own.

Another important point in your post is being debt-free. This is the most important for me. IMHO, owing anything to banks/people/whoever is the single most stressful thing in life. I've never owed anyone anything. My planning has kept it that way. It's good that you've reached this state.

All the very best man, enjoy!
dieselmeister

Activity: 546
Merit: 290

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 10:41:49 AM

https://www.finews.com/news/english-news/45185-bordier-sygnum-cooperation-digital-assets-wealth-management

further bullish news ... swiss bank add bitcoin
ivomm
Legendary

Activity: 1853
Merit: 2841

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 11:10:54 AM

Only 994BTC left to 500K. In a few months Elon will tweet again "In retrospect, it was inevitable".

BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 2493

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 11:21:51 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), BobLawblaw (1)

Today is a big day for me. Thanks to BTC, and partially to you all here, I am debt-free today. I quit my job, and I paid off ten years of debt, now I own my house and a few acres in the clear.
My wife and I live fairly simply. Old paid-for cars (that I can fix), no cable TeeVee. A large garden and a small shooting range in the back yard.

I quit smoking cigarettes, and DCA that amount into BTC. Doing this payoff burned a big chunk of the corn, but  it is a better thing to do for myself, now. We won't be wealthy, but this is the American dream for me. YMMV.

Good to hear, brother. Congrats on meeting and possibly exceeding your target (you still have some BTC I presume). Regardless, you've met your target, and while your target may seem too mundane/plain/simple for many, I'd say that this is a target worth having. Setting the right target for one's life is a very difficult thing. For me, having an overly extravagant lifestyle, Lambos, hookers, blow and all that, seems so futile and pointless... Maybe the "hookers" part is OK sometimes. Cheesy  Of course, to each their own.

Another important point in your post is being debt-free. This is the most important for me. IMHO, owing anything to banks/people/whoever is the single most stressful thing in life. I've never owed anyone anything. My planning has kept it that way. It's good that you've reached this state.

All the very best man, enjoy!

Setting some realistic targets is probably good.
I could already pay off the mortgage and buy nice things and still keep some BTC right now if I wanted.
5x and I guess I could retire but I will probably leave it till 10x. We will see if BTC achieves that by say 2026-2027. If we are talking 20x then retirement would probably include a big new home I guess. Still keeping some BTC from my original stash in either case.

I don't really need anything but it would be nice to retire in my 40s. I still have a massive lust to play certain type of video games and I can't see that changing. A bit of travelling every 2-3 months would be great in a post Covid world.
Hookers I can already afford but maybe it is another incentive at retirement to have more of that, I'm not sure.

A Lambo absolutely does not interest me at all. I'd be happy with a Tesla Model Y probably in the mid 2020s / potential BTC retirement. Don't need a new car right now.

My BTC investment came from gambling winnings. It was the last bet I ever played after being addicted to gambling starting 15 years ago, I recouped all my total losses I ever had with a big hunch that I was right about. Instead of blowing that money, it went into BTC. And I've never had a gambling problem since.

Maybe the early retirement will all happen, maybe not.

d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2899

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 11:32:42 AM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1)

imVERYho .... I think people are way over reacting about a 25-ish dip which has been looking around the corner for weeks....

When we where at 9k-celebrating Vegeta, we where dreaming of a moment when 10k drop occur and still where feestable ffs get a grip
 Kiss Kiss

Totally agree . Please change your hat  Smiley

Maybe getting a dude with laser eyes as well if i'm a good boy Cheesy

Much wow, very hats.
Envious.
Gyrsur
Legendary

Activity: 2856
Merit: 1518

Bitcoin Legal Tender Countries: 2 of 206

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2021, 11:40:15 AM

@Gyrsur, @Karartma1, thanks guys, for the useful info/links.

@Gyrsur: Yes, using Kraken, and everything goes through Fidor Bank (Munich). When you say 1000 € upper limit, you mean per transaction? Can I transfer, say, 900 € on the 1st of the month, another 900 € on the 10th, and another 900 € on the 20th? Haven't been able to check the link you provided, sorry if this is already mentioned there.

I know for a fact that we Euro-landers will face difficulties in enjoying our newfound wealth... I think the IRS in the USA are better. They are brutal and check everything, but at least they seem to be more knowledgeable and once you pay your dues they don't bother you. Or so I've heard.

I as understand it right if your crypto-related transaction from/to the bank is over 1000 EUR the bank is forced to report it somehow. this are just plans at the moment to go in this direction. but it will come, I am sure.

Hmm, strangely i only read about "bitcoin transactions with value over € 1000". Means that wallet providers have to implement an interface to track KYC bitcoin transactions over a value of €1000. I don't see tracking EUR transactions from exchange to bank here.

The government wants to restrict the anonymity of crypto payments. It will not succeed in doing this, but will only sell wallet providers and custodians abroad. Legal uncertainty will be the result. The fight against cryptocurrencies is part of the financial repression of this federal government. Only a year ago, the anonymity of gold transactions was reduced to 2,000 euros. With crypto assets, the government is now going even further.

It's more clear in untranslated version, imho.
It wouldn't make much sense to capture EUR going from/to wallet providers to banks, but they want to sniff into btc transactions, because they lack the ability to monitor money flows like with fiat. Prove me wrong  Grin
It's only my opinion on the contents of the article. I don't welcome monitoring and control of flows (whichever currency) at all.

still not convinced about the direction how it should developing (Banks included)?

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=&sl=de&tl=en&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.n-tv.de%2Fwirtschaft%2Fder_boersen_tag%2FBankenverband-fordert-strengere-Regulierung-von-Kryptowaehrungen-article22382819.html
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 11:53:07 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

If you have been in bitcoin for a while, but you are relatively young, and you feel disappointed with the size of your stash, you would still be way ahead of the vast majority of the worlds population because ONLY a small number of people both know about bitcoin and have taken measures to stack sats, and as I have frequently stated, in traditional circles, there have been a lot of people who had spent 30 years or more trying to accumulate wealth and some more successful than others, and if you end up being able to increase the chances that you will be successful by investing in sound money (surely referring to bitcoin here) and even to significantly cut down the timeline (maybe even cutting in half) to become richie or able to live off your investments, then you would be way ahead of a lot of people

a bit ago, just after btc had hit 35k or so i think, i talked to my main financial guy whom i hadnt spoken with for a while, maybe 6+ months or so. 1st words outta her mouth were "congrats on your bitcoin call!" she was truly impressed. said more clients are asking them about btc and theyre slowly learning it. said its still a hard thing to grasp from the olde skoole point of view but once traditional finance peeps get more involved it should get interesting. of course their clients dont want the trouble of holding and using btc itself. just as an investment thing. so 3rd party all the way.

but maybe some will truly understand and actually buy the btc instead of some eft or whatever thing that is offered.
d_eddie
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 11:54:09 AM

Yes, indeed I know some BTC ATM companies were shut off in Germany already.
The likely cause was exactly inadequate KYC/AML compliance (cash limits for anonymous transactions too high).
Wilhelm
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1265

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 11:58:37 AM

This is the point in life I'm working on aswell. Hope to follow in your footsteps soon.  Cool
d_eddie
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 12:05:00 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2021, 01:33:42 PM by d_eddie
Merited by vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1)

If you have been in bitcoin for a while, but you are relatively young, and you feel disappointed with the size of your stash, you would still be way ahead of the vast majority of the worlds population because ONLY a small number of people both know about bitcoin and have taken measures to stack sats, and as I have frequently stated, in traditional circles, there have been a lot of people who had spent 30 years or more trying to accumulate wealth and some more successful than others, and if you end up being able to increase the chances that you will be successful by investing in sound money (surely referring to bitcoin here) and even to significantly cut down the timeline (maybe even cutting in half) to become richie or able to live off your investments, then you would be way ahead of a lot of people

a bit ago, just after btc had hit 30k or so, i talked to my main financial guy whom i hadnt spoken with for a while, maybe 6+ months or so. 1st words outta her mouth were "congrats on your bitcoin call!" she was truly impressed. said more clients are asking them about btc and theyre slowly learning it. said its still a hard thing to grasp from the olde skoole point of view but once traditional finance peeps get more involved it should get interesting. of course their clients dont want the trouble of holding and using btc itself. just as an investment thing. so 3rd party all the way.

but maybe some will truly understand and actually buy the btc instead of some eft or whatever thing that is offered.

There are a few possible advantages with ETFs vs the real thing for individual savers.

1. Simple, carefree approach, just buy this "btc stonk" or whatever, bank keeps as usual, number go up, I'm good.

2. Easier taxes. Just another capital gain, managed with all the others without having to chase papers from the various exchanges to document the basis cost of every lot.

If used this way, an ETF could be the doorway to a new breed of semi-hodlers. Of course, to curb easy manipulation it should be in kind (not cash) and strictly audited at the issuer's, which sounds a bit like a fairy tale from what we hear and know. If it even happens soon, which still remains to be seen.

For bitcoiner OGs, I don't think the real thing can be beaten easily as it is. Point 1: We're used to take care of custody and have been doing so from day one, or day two at most. Not your keys blah blah. Point 2: Tax laws can change that.

We'll see how this develops, but I'm confident there will be a relatively easy road ahead, now that so many big boys have joined the choir. They do lobby and move lots of votes. No lawmaker can ignore that.
btcbeliever

Activity: 232
Merit: 29

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 12:15:26 PM

a bit ago, just after btc had hit 35k or so i think, i talked to my main financial guy whom i hadnt spoken with for a while, maybe 6+ months or so. 1st words outta her mouth were "congrats on your bitcoin call!" she was truly impressed. said more clients are asking them about btc and theyre slowly learning it. said its still a hard thing to grasp from the olde skoole point of view but once traditional finance peeps get more involved it should get interesting. of course their clients dont want the trouble of holding and using btc itself. just as an investment thing. so 3rd party all the way.

In the US, any financial advisor will typically be a finra registered person, and ive never met one who was free to hold or recommend to another an unregistered security ie bitcoin.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8003

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 12:17:07 PM

Can Governments Stop Bitcoin?

In the end, the only way to kill Bitcoin may be to make it so that people don’t need it anymore. If no one wants a devaluation-proof, censorship-resistant, permissionless, borderless, non-discriminatory, teleporting financial asset, then no one will feed it energy, and it will die.

Kill or limit internet.

Oh is this a brainstorming session?
How about kill the bitcoinists?  They could start with anyone claiming to be satoshi... you know, to put the fear of god into us.

vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3519

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 12:34:38 PM

I quit smoking cigarettes, and DCA that amount into BTC. Doing this payoff burned a big chunk of the corn, but  it is a better thing to do for myself, now. We won't be wealthy, but this is the American dream for me. YMMV.

its a good feeling hitting a major milestone like that. congrats man. as far as burning a decent chunk of corn in exchange for that, well i did pretty much the same, sold a chunk for like 12k years ago that pretty much officially cemented our retirement. havent looked back since.

stack when you can now go off and enjoy yourselves Cheesy
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 12:54:17 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

If it makes your life complete and comfortable and like how its pleases you then you achieved something that I think 90% or more will never achieve....

Many are maybe wealthy and saying I do X when X happens and so on ... but when it finally happens is greed having the best of them and they want more,  many can never be happy cause they always wants more, I have decided for my self what I want how I wanna live and so on and so on... when I meet my goals I will not back down to much and make sure I do what I want, I already know I'm not gonna be the wealthiest man alive or whatever and I know that more and more wealth shouldn't be the goal.... Figuring out what one wants is maybe the most when one is gaining more wealth as he ever had thought before, goals are changing life opportunities are changing and so on, but important is to have some and when its there to appreciate them Smiley

That with some corn stash on the side  Cheesy
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 01:04:07 PM

If you exercised a mostly HODL strategy then sure, you might be up somewhere in that neighborhood...
But if you have engaged in some other strategies, you would not necessarily be up as much as the mere increase in the price would suggest.

I was wondering a few days ago when I wanted to cash out some coin..... why 5% of my total was like 100x times then what I initially invested. I start to feel like I'm gonna buy whole buildings with cash. Cheesy Cheesy

Don't get too carried away.  I know that you like to get emotional about thingies, yet it is still preferable to think about what you are going to do and why you are going to do it, before you do it.  Many folks who are more logical, including peeps in this thread, like to plan their various BTC sell points in advance both in terms of price reached and quantity to sell, and of course, if you make a plan you can surely tweak it at a later date and before the BTC price is actually reached.

Btw.... if sh!tcoins are not in "alt-season" yet... then wtf is happening?? Is all this nonsense an illusion?? Smiley  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

Well, yes, part of your problem remains that you are lacking focus, and as you already realize, in this here thread, we give little to no shits about your various shitcoin distractions.. so if you have some likely delusional theories about various shitcoins, then best go somewhere else with that kind of irrelevant baloney.  Focus... savethe RF... focus.  you fuck.

I've had prophetic dreams about bitcoin price before these dumps. When it was 40k I dreamed I looked at the price and it was 29k. I woke up and saw it was still 40k said phew and didn't act on it. It later went to 29k exactly. This time my dream said 35k. I woke up saw it was still 55k said phew. I really hope it doesn't go any lower because I didn't act on this one either. To be fair I also had a dream it went down to 120k after going to 220k.

I have all kinds of dreams, including BTC going to zero or near zero and blah blah blah.. missing out on buying the dip and other various fears and fuck ups...

They hardly mean shit, in the whole scheme of things, except maybe a nice story to tell.

I sometimes have prophetic dreams. I had one like a week or two ago about Doge and I put a buy order exactly at 0.0555555  (I was sceptical and I put it at 0.0555666 to not feel like I was too greedy.)
And the price stopped exactly there.

And regarding to spending..... I have no idea. I think I might start a business that I could accept crypto as payment to not waste the investment and stack some more from the common sheeple folk. Smiley

Also.... Maybe for some it works out to just HODL. BUT MAN!!! F^CK THAT ........ Ain't nobody got patience for that, you need to live a little and learn how to read charts, to swing trades, to rodeo some billionaire pricks.  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

*edit(): I also am perverted sometimes and think I am "a God" and like to pretend like I'm knowing when the price will dip again and I buy the dip so I can sell/dump later to buy the next dip. Cheesy Cheesy
El duderino_
Legendary

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 01:04:35 PM

https://twitter.com/stackhodler/status/1364330885101867012?s=20
fillippone
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 15470

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2021, 01:07:59 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2023, 12:24:44 AM by fillippone

Micheal Bought the dip!

https://twitter.com/michael_saylor/status/1364561973363490817?s=21

Another 19,000 Bitcoin in the MSTR treasury!

EDIT: WOW! Looks who's Legendary now! “In retrospect, it was inevitable”

savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
February 24, 2021, 01:12:04 PM

Micheal Bought the dip!

https://twitter.com/michael_saylor/status/1364561973363490817?s=21

Another 19,000 Bitcoin in the MSTR treasury!

These idiots, including with that dumb f^ck Elon Pusk. Believe we will not hesitate to dump their sh!tcoin b!tch BTCiTcoin in a heartbeat if we don't like their faces and we will make our own crypto in our own citadel and we will not accept any other currency!!!  Roll Eyes  Shocked  Cool  Shocked Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 ... 28128 28129 28130 28131 28132 28133 28134 28135 28136 28137 28138 28139 28140 28141 28142 28143 28144 28145 28146 28147 28148 28149 28150 28151 28152 28153 28154 28155 28156 28157 28158 28159 28160 28161 28162 28163 28164 28165 28166 28167 28168 28169 28170 28171 28172 28173 28174 28175 28176 28177 [28178] 28179 28180 28181 28182 28183 28184 28185 28186 28187 28188 28189 28190 28191 28192 28193 28194 28195 28196 28197 28198 28199 28200 28201 28202 28203 28204 28205 28206 28207 28208 28209 28210 28211 28212 28213 28214 28215 28216 28217 28218 28219 28220 28221 28222 28223 28224 28225 28226 28227 28228 ... 33326 »
  Print  

Jump to: