May 05, 2024, 06:48:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28134 28135 28136 28137 28138 28139 28140 28141 28142 28143 28144 28145 28146 28147 28148 28149 28150 28151 28152 28153 28154 28155 28156 28157 28158 28159 28160 28161 28162 28163 28164 28165 28166 28167 28168 28169 28170 28171 28172 28173 28174 28175 28176 28177 28178 28179 28180 28181 28182 28183 [28184] 28185 28186 28187 28188 28189 28190 28191 28192 28193 28194 28195 28196 28197 28198 28199 28200 28201 28202 28203 28204 28205 28206 28207 28208 28209 28210 28211 28212 28213 28214 28215 28216 28217 28218 28219 28220 28221 28222 28223 28224 28225 28226 28227 28228 28229 28230 28231 28232 28233 28234 ... 33323 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26372262 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Raja_MBZ
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1505

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 05:00:28 AM

How come I was getting you mixed up with my double, JSRAW? ...blah blah blah...

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10211

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 05:04:55 AM

How come I was getting you mixed up with my double, JSRAW? ...blah blah blah...

Thanks for being so nice.  #nohomo

Wink
aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 05:38:48 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

By the way, if you are attempting to use the system to acquire more BTC then you would attempt to stack your system in terms of trying to accumulate more BTC because, especially, in recent times, the fiat side of the ledger has been building a whole hell of a lot, ever since around $10k in early September.. so splitting profits 50/50 is likely to leave you with way more fiat than would be preferable.. but, hey whatever, you gonna do what you gonna do.

At first my goal wasn't even to earn anything, just to move my fiat from an exchange, without just wiring the money from the exchange, for reasons...

But I discovered I could earn something in the process. I'm still moving that same large fiat amount after 3 months, well it's almost done. After that I would have to send money back to the exchange to continue.

I keep some fiat so that I can pay taxes if needed, but I will on occasion also use part of it to buy dips.

My main issue is that the legality of what I'm doing is not clear, since I'm not doing AML/KYC, so I'm not expanding and might even stop once I've emptied the exchange account.

Otherwise I think I could earn more with it than with my day job...
Krubster

Activity: 355
Merit: 717

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 06:19:38 AM

CSW made the headlines again. This time for suing some of the core developers.

https://www.coindesk.com/craig-wright-demands-bitcoin-developers-give-him-access-to-stolen-mt-gox-coins

[CSW] demands access to two wallets that contain 31,000 and 79,957 BTC.

The wallets, curiously, are connected to the hack that drained 800,000 BTC from the world’s then most-popular bitcoin exchange in 2014. Wright claims the bitcoin in the wallets were stolen from him last year.

So he basically admits to stealing from MtGox in the first place, and later got hacked and lost access to those stolen funds. Not the brightest fraudster...
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4475

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 06:52:56 AM
Merited by xhomerx10 (1), Hueristic (1), Raja_MBZ (1)

CSW made the headlines again....Not the brightest fraudster...

dieselmeister

Activity: 546
Merit: 290

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 07:31:09 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2021, 07:53:45 AM by dieselmeister

Good Morning WOvians ... Currently we are back on Track after a short stop under 50k... On Friday this "farce" ends and we are going back to normal. The hope is, that the massice shorter gehts right before the closing of the futures rekt. But we also see, that Michael bought at 52k and the Price even than gone down. Btw. some Dubanian (from Dubai) guy purchased 5 Billion for Bitcoins.

Ah old news, that I already posted her:
https://www.arabianbusiness.com/banking-finance/458881-dubai-businessman-pledges-largest-bitcoin-investment-in-history
friends1980
Legendary

Activity: 1582
Merit: 1059

nutildah-III / NFT2021-04-01

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 07:53:12 AM

There is a realistic chance this will be the shortest WO poll ever.

In hindsight, there was also a realistic chance it would not be the shortest WO poll ever.
Krubster

Activity: 355
Merit: 717

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 08:03:08 AM
Merited by LoyceV (4), LFC_Bitcoin (2), Torque (1)

Cøbra, the admin of bitcoin.org tweeted this

https://www.twitter.com/CobraBitcoin/status/1364582843796578307

A while ago Craig threatened to "bankrupt" and "destroy the lives" of developers. Today, some of Bitcoin Core's longest and most talented developers are getting sued by him. He's trying to drive them away, bully them, and ultimately tie them up in nonsense litigation.

If you hold Bitcoin, you need to seriously start campaigning to get BSV delisted everywhere. And fight back *hard* against this rubbish. If he scares away our best developers, and distracts them with legal rubbish, he's hurting Bitcoin's technical progress.

We need to make noise, and make sure the people contributing to Bitcoin Core don't get bullied by this man. It won't ever end, the next thing will be patent trolling, or some other kind of legal bullying. Enough is enough. BSV *has* to be removed from every exchange.

CSW truly is rat poison squared.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4161

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 08:31:42 AM

A while ago Craig threatened to "bankrupt" and "destroy the lives" of developers. Today, some of Bitcoin Core's longest and most talented developers are getting sued by him. He's trying to drive them away, bully them, and ultimately tie them up in nonsense litigation.

If you hold Bitcoin, you need to seriously start campaigning to get BSV delisted everywhere. And fight back *hard* against this rubbish. If he scares away our best developers, and distracts them with legal rubbish, he's hurting Bitcoin's technical progress.

We need to make noise, and make sure the people contributing to Bitcoin Core don't get bullied by this man. It won't ever end, the next thing will be patent trolling, or some other kind of legal bullying. Enough is enough. BSV *has* to be removed from every exchange.

Funny thing, back in 2019 he claimed that in 2020 there would be no Bitcoin. So, why does he need the 110000 Bitcoins?

Fuck him.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 3004

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 08:36:49 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Calling him dangerously insane because he argues for synthetic beef isn't a great starter. Producing beef is incredibly wasteful, not to mention you have to butcher an animal.

I'm a proud carnivore, yet I would gladly switch to synthetic meat when it is similar in taste and cost. There's simply no reason not to.

After what I have read on the subject so far, it seams that synthetic meat lacks a lot of the nutrients that natural meat has.

Cows and what not, eat natural food and get all the nutrients in that food, synthetic food is just cells grown in a dish (or similar) with only the basics for cell survival.

I wish it would be as good as real meat, it would help stop the maltreatment of animals that takes place in many countries.
Until then I will just have to try to chose meat from good farms.

Ok, i start straight away and hope i don't lose track.
I'm a Vegetarian. Don't judge it yet. Why?

I (thought) i always liked meat. I had pretty much of it, in it's more ugly and more delicious forms.
But then, my wife made a hypnosis cert. When she was learning it, we did some practice sessions, which you need to get the certification.
One of these sessions ran under the topic "I'd like to be more proud of my values, to act more faithfully towards them".

Spoiler:
Turned out that the first animal i killed as consciously, as a kid, a toad, raised an unknown level of shame and guilt in me.
I remembered that months after the actual hypnosis session but i knew it was related.

After the session i couldn't eat meat any more. I could well taste and chew it, but i couldn't swallow it. I had to spit out.
I also saw pictures of the living animals in my mind when i tried to. Fine. In the end i didn't care. I am also forgetful, as most of WO might know, so i always tend to forget that i am a Veggie, bite into a sausage, but then i realize  Cheesy
So i had plenty of occasions to discover the dynamics behind my new unwanted "lifestyle". But i also forget about many problems i have, and this one was just in line with others i encounter over time. This way my mind brought up that event from my childhood, when i killed that fat toad, by putting it in a jar and throwing stones at it, so it bleeded to death by the cuts. I didn't think about the outcome, but when the obvious happened, it struck me. There was a second kid, he was amused. I wasn't.
This event made me really take care to not ever hurt or kill an animal.
Decades later, i thought it is an idea to raise chicken and slaughter them. Said and done. But i the meat tasted horrible, while everyone else said it was tasting really good. So as long as the animal is hidden by the product (in form of ready cut meat and meat products), i had no problem eating and enjoying meat.
I also don't care if everybody else enjoys meat. I don't see the "lambie killer" (sorry Lambie Slayer) in a person that likes to eat meat or slaughters animals.
When i go fishing, one of my kids has to kill the fish, but i still prepare (and sometimes) cook the filets without a bad feeling. As a side effect, i learned to honor animals as the source of one of our most important foods.

Which takes me to the point, after writing 15-20 minutes on it, that animals and their meat should be treated and eaten respectful. I even would recommend everybody to slaughter an animal to finally eat its meat, before judging over vegetarians. I never judged them.
Sure, we know there's many of them that are veggies to put themselves unconsciously above ordinary meat-eating people (lambie killers and all), but it is exactly the motivation that is to be judged, not the lifestyle as such.

EDIT: Producing and eating "artificial meat" would be just the same as tofu. Even vegetarians should have not much of a problem to eat it. What bugs me the most about it is that it's not a 100% substitute (nutritional aspects, mainly) and it's also fucking disrespectful to nature (which isn't exactly unusual in most of our cultures).

That sounds like a bunch of bullshit, OOM..

I am not suggesting that you are not saying the truth, but get the fuck over the psychological aspects of being bothered by eating meat and killing animals.

I am not even suggesting that vegetarians might not have good intentions in terms of having sympathies for animals, but if you are actually considering your health, you would probably be much healthier if you make sure to include decent amounts of meat in your diet on a daily basis would be good.. include eggs if you like.

So yeah, if you have memory issues, you better start fucking eating some meat because b12 deficiencies are a real thing and difficult to reverse from my understanding.

Anyhow, sorry to come out so harsh, but I think people should not be mixing up their good feelings towards animals blah blah blah as compared with what is actually healthy for themselves to make sure that they have some of it (talking about meat and meat fat) in their diets.

I still love you, OOM, even though you have fucked up ideas in regard to diets.. #nohomo

Well, that is just uhm... your opinion, man  Wink
I value the fact that you wrote "sounds like a bunch of BS" instead of "is a bunch of ...", which i can comprehend IF you didn't misread my post.

To emphasize the key points: I loved eating meat, also for its nutritional value. I also take a supporting amount (60% RDA) of B12, along with other B-vitamins daily, as i work out almost daily to compete back and neck pain from many years of sitting in front of a screen at work. I always consume a lot of dairy, at the moment i'm even chewing on a chunk of cheese (#nohomo). I have chicken, and eggs are also a foundation of my food plan.

It's clearly a psychological thing, triggered by intentional hypnosis, as a side effect though. It never was a point that i didn't WANT to eat meat. The deeper source of this transformation of mindset is the fact that i honestly hate to hurt or mistreat animals. The goal was not to live against my "true values", which ALSO reflected in my new veggie being. I don't even promote veggie lifestyle, but personally, i don't suffer in any way from it. It's just that eating meat got somewhat unimportant, and if i happen to eat some hidden meat, say a crumb of ham on a pizza, i won't become a drama queen about that  Smiley

Hypnosis is so powerful in that regard, i clearly underestimated it as well before i tried.
You should probably try it too, without intentional aspects, just for the experience of that mind-centering feeling of "floating" (or "flowing"? or both... hard to describe).
It leaves you somewhat "anchored" or "grounded" (for lack of better terms) for some weeks after, which is a fucking awesome experience by itself.

So no worries, everyone in the family loves the meat and i don't care. No offensive feelings in any way there.
As i said, for one time in a life, kill and prepare the animals you eat yourself, if you have the ability to do so (i have a farming neighborhood).
It will change your way of looking at meat, although it will not make you a veggie, probably, and even if, you wouldn't feel too bad about it.

Please, eat meat, drink blood etc. but maybe, sometimes, imagine that it would come from (formerly) living beings, which look into your eyes before you kill and dissect them, take care of their remainings and wash off their blood of your skin.

love out to you as well
#nohomo
heslo

Activity: 1161
Merit: 943

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 08:38:24 AM

CSW made the headlines again. This time for suing some of the core developers.

https://www.coindesk.com/craig-wright-demands-bitcoin-developers-give-him-access-to-stolen-mt-gox-coins

[CSW] demands access to two wallets that contain 31,000 and 79,957 BTC.

The wallets, curiously, are connected to the hack that drained 800,000 BTC from the world’s then most-popular bitcoin exchange in 2014. Wright claims the bitcoin in the wallets were stolen from him last year.

So he basically admits to stealing from MtGox in the first place, and later got hacked and lost access to those stolen funds. Not the brightest fraudster...

What a fucking knob; I can't wait until this fraudster ends up in jail.
Karartma1
Legendary

Activity: 2310
Merit: 1422

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 08:46:18 AM

I wonder how it is not possible to see where it's heading. I am so proud I never touched, not even by mistake, that BSV shit.
Such a small man he is.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4161

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 08:58:35 AM
Last edit: February 25, 2021, 10:03:39 AM by AlcoHoDL

I wonder how it is not possible to see where it's heading. I am so proud I never touched, not even by mistake, that BSV shit.
Such a small man he is.

If I've ever "touched" anything CSW-related, that would be BCH (a.k.a. bcash LOL) and BTG (Bitcoin Gold), which were given to me for free due to the forks, as with all Bitcoin HoDLers back then. I dumped them all near their peak, and this got me nearly 10 extra BTC (edit: maybe less actually, can't really remember, but I did convert everything to BTC and it was a good amount of corn) to add to my stash.

I would never ever get my hands on those shittiest-of-shitcoins.
OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 3004

Man who stares at charts

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 09:05:56 AM

Such a small man he is.

If I've ever "touched" anything CSW-related, that would be BCH (a.k.a. bcash LOL) and BTG (Bitcoin Gold), which were given to me for free due to the forks, as with all Bitcoin HoDLers back then. I dumped them all near their peak, and this got me nearly 10 extra BTC to add to my stash.

I would never ever get my hands on those shittiest-of-shitcoins.

I sold my BCH straight away after the fork, so i didn't get any BSV, it was under a whole BTC back then.
Narcissism should be treated as it is, a sickness. Narcs like CSW don't have insight into their own sickness.
He might get a good therapist in jail, hopefully. Pun intended.

macson

Activity: 1008
Merit: 141

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 09:23:53 AM

snip

snip
this person is a cunning fraudster.... I join the campaign Angry
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 7974

View Profile WWW
February 25, 2021, 09:54:56 AM
Merited by fillippone (4), BobLawblaw (2), JayJuanGee (1), Elwar (1)

Click in the image to see the interactive network graphic:

https://public.flourish.studio/visualisation/5379872/

Great post about merits, 10 of 10 would merit again.

Seeing that diagram made me realize that we are all our own merit planets. Although some may still be moons, dwarf planets or specks of interplanetary bullshit, we are all nurtured by our sun king, the source of all merits and everything, theymos.

rolling

Activity: 824
Merit: 712

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 10:56:46 AM
Merited by Syke (10)

Lawsuits can actually bankrupt and destroy lives of innocent people. This is very sad. The saddest part though is thinking that any node or miner would run a version of the software that gave anyone access to coins they don't have the keys to. Anyone running such software would be running a fork of BTC and the coins he got access to on this special version would be worth $0.

Will CSW sue the whole planet next to get them to run his personal version of bitcoin that gives him special access?

The stupidity is astounding. Hey CSW, do you even bitcoin bro?
Farmer Bill

Activity: 297
Merit: 416

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 11:35:28 AM

If CSW is not careful he might find himself permanently delisted.

Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 11:36:35 AM

Lawsuits can actually bankrupt and destroy lives of innocent people. This is very sad. The saddest part though is thinking that any node or miner would run a version of the software that gave anyone access to coins they don't have the keys to. Anyone running such software would be running a fork of BTC and the coins he got access to on this special version would be worth $0.

Will CSW sue the whole planet next to get them to run his personal version of bitcoin that gives him special access?

The stupidity is astounding. Hey CSW, do you even bitcoin bro?

CockSuckingWeasel (CSW) can already do what he is demanding the core devs do, create a fork. He can create a fork and steal all the coins he wants. He has no rights to force independent miners to run his evil fork.

Edit: no offense intended to those who enjoy sucking cock. you do you.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12038

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
February 25, 2021, 12:03:22 PM

https://twitter.com/Davincij15/status/1364613503210975241?s=20

LoL nice one...

But still my honest thinking is that I have no ambitions for owning a Lambo actually even if it would happen or whatever... its not the car I dream of and surely not the one I would like to drive daily in ....

Just the thought of being ripped off in Taxes, yearly things, absurd maintenance, all kind of dumb sh*t....

For the DUTCH among us

The cost are so high "het is dweilen met de kraan open"
Pages: « 1 ... 28134 28135 28136 28137 28138 28139 28140 28141 28142 28143 28144 28145 28146 28147 28148 28149 28150 28151 28152 28153 28154 28155 28156 28157 28158 28159 28160 28161 28162 28163 28164 28165 28166 28167 28168 28169 28170 28171 28172 28173 28174 28175 28176 28177 28178 28179 28180 28181 28182 28183 [28184] 28185 28186 28187 28188 28189 28190 28191 28192 28193 28194 28195 28196 28197 28198 28199 28200 28201 28202 28203 28204 28205 28206 28207 28208 28209 28210 28211 28212 28213 28214 28215 28216 28217 28218 28219 28220 28221 28222 28223 28224 28225 28226 28227 28228 28229 28230 28231 28232 28233 28234 ... 33323 »
  Print  

Jump to: