May 12, 2024, 01:32:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28324 28325 28326 28327 28328 28329 28330 28331 28332 28333 28334 28335 28336 28337 28338 28339 28340 28341 28342 28343 28344 28345 28346 28347 28348 28349 28350 28351 28352 28353 28354 28355 28356 28357 28358 28359 28360 28361 28362 28363 28364 28365 28366 28367 28368 28369 28370 28371 28372 28373 [28374] 28375 28376 28377 28378 28379 28380 28381 28382 28383 28384 28385 28386 28387 28388 28389 28390 28391 28392 28393 28394 28395 28396 28397 28398 28399 28400 28401 28402 28403 28404 28405 28406 28407 28408 28409 28410 28411 28412 28413 28414 28415 28416 28417 28418 28419 28420 28421 28422 28423 28424 ... 33342 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26382014 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 2494

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 05:31:32 PM
Merited by fillippone (2)

Repeat after me:
“It’s going up forever Laura”

https://twitter.com/fillippone1/status/1376064680221831170?s=21

A new meme is born.
My body is ready.

I think that Laura needs to change her journalistic philosophy.

She has been covering bitcoin and various shitcoins that she deems as "crypto currencies" for several years, and she has been a pretty BIG name in the bitcoin space.. but she has maintained a journalistic integrity position for quite a while in terms of NOT investing in bitcoin, and sooner or later, she better get some fucking clues about failing/refusing to protect her own lil selfie by continuing to fail/refuse to establish a reasonable stake in bitcoin....

So, I am not trying to be a jerk or anything, but I really believe that she is short changing herself.. and in that regard, she has been becoming more and more knowledgeable about bitcoin, and she even seems to have been becoming more and more knowledgeable over the years in order to unwillingly kind of convert into a bitcoin maximalist.. and yeah, she might not admit it and yeah, she might not frame the matter in a way that I am framing it because wanting to keep the impression of journalistic integrity and neutrality and all that bullshit... but I do feel a bit bad for her in regards to short-changing herself financially.

By the way, I did listen to that podcast between Laura Shin and Saylor in the end of January when it came out (here's a link if peeps want to listen to the whole 1 hour and a half thingie), and sure Saylor did end up lecturing Laura a bit in regards to some of her seemingly trader rather than HODLer thinking.. so there were some seemingly hostile times during that interview, and maybe it did kind of show that Laura might have been under-appreciating the power and importance of bitcoin through her ongoing attempts at journalistic objectivism.

Another thing, people might consider me to be a bit crazy in my assertion too that I consider myself to be quite open minded and objective about bitcoin too.. so fuck that kind of thinking that you cannot be sufficiently objective and be invested in something at the same time... but I will admit that over the years I have become more and more convicted about bitcoin, and I am going to deny that I am lacking in objectivity because of the size of my investment.. but whatever, I still kind of understand that perspective regarding having some detachment to see some matters in a different way, but I would also assert that the different way of seeing matters does not necessarily cause the person to be more informed about the world or that particular matter, even if they are seeing the matter from a different (non-invested) perspective.

Ironically I was just listening to that podcast today whilst playing a game.

Laura never seemed convinced or simply doesn't understand Bitcoin.
She eventually stopped with the confrontation but her fake sort of laugh going along with whatever Saylor said even if she does not believe it got a bit irritating. I did think "what a dumbo" at times.

There were a few interesting questions having said that.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 8068

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 05:34:13 PM
Merited by fillippone (3), JayJuanGee (1)

No need to think that way.
I know. And I usually don't think that way. But sometimes I do remember and... well...

You likely need a batman slap or some other similar kind of concrete and memorial physical intervention.

Tongue Tongue

Kind Daddy

I don't really like this new "naming" convention based on a lackening of descriptive value.

Maybe "not so kind daddy" might work?  no homo

I wonder what they'll be saying when Bitcoin drops from $400k to $300k. "Bitcoin is dead", surely!

There won’t be any drop from $400k to $300k:

Hahahahahaha

I forgot to say that even though overall I agreed with Saylor's lecturing Laura regarding how she was thinking about bitcoin, I did not agree with Saylor in terms of having any fucking clue about the degree of BTC price correction that we are going to see in the future, and so his assertion that there will NOT be anymore 85% corrections seems a wee bit pie in the sky, and even if he ends up being technically correct, he also seems to be implying that there may well NOT be greater than 50% corrections or even something like 70% corrections...   So in some sense even Saylor seems to be a bit pie in the sky about this.

For example, I can envision a world in which Saylor and some of the other fantasy fucks are considering that BTC is entering into a supercycle and never going to have considerable corrections blah blah blah.. and in this cycle they end up pushing BTC prices up to $1.5 million in their irrational exuberance and getting others onboard to such fantasies.  Then what would be a correction down to $200k-ish?  That would be 85%.-ish.. so yeah maybe no more 85% corrections are going to happen.. blah blah blah.. but king daddy no doesn't work like that and if there is a trend to be taking profits coming from the masses (called a trend), then you can get all kinds of rich fucks investing into BTC and trying to prop it up, but they are outnumbered by the sellers who are trying to drive down the BTC price as low as they can and to keep it down for as long as they can, and whether they achieve $200k in this particular scenario or some lesser or greater number.. who fucking cares, it still ends up in a pretty damned BIG ASS price correction that scares the shit out of participants and motivates them into taking profits during the correction including at the bottom of the correction.. just like they have done historically and are likely to continue into the future.. whether peeps believe in a supercycle bullshit or not.  

You heard it here first... hahahahahaha

When Saylor said "I don't expect an 80% downturn", it's because he plans to preemptively buy all the fuckin' dips which means it's going up forever Laura JJG!
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 05:36:35 PM

Did she actually ever do something for Amazon or was she indeed just "an investor"?

It reminds me of the Eddie Murphy Raw skit of a wife making a dollar and then wanting half of $50 million in a divorce.

Fuck that shit.
The girlfriend I have now wants a prenup because she knows I will never go along with ridiculous 50% figures if we were to marry and then divorce.
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 05:44:48 PM

It’s bean 4,467 days since

Anyone else hear music start playing?
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 05:46:49 PM

Bitcoin is sensing $75,000 easy in APRIL with the latest "COVID-19 Stimulus Package" of $1.9 trillion-dollars.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/3/8/us-congress-set-to-pass-covid-19-relief-package

Anyone who sees this kind of headline and thinks it's unrelated is going to be playing catch-up.

https://fortune.com/2021/03/20/lumber-prices-2021-chart-when-will-wood-shortage-end-price-of-lumber-go-down-home-sales-cost-update-march/
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 05:51:43 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

She has been covering bitcoin and various shitcoins that she deems as "crypto currencies" for several years, and she has been a pretty BIG name in the bitcoin space.. but she has maintained a journalistic integrity position for quite a while in terms of NOT investing in bitcoin, and sooner or later, she better get some fucking clues about failing/refusing to protect her own lil selfie by continuing to fail/refuse to establish a reasonable stake in bitcoin....

Definitely not a good move on her part. While I had a good talk with my crypto-naïve friend about people talking their book (and put particular stress on counting me in that also), while holding Bitcoin *will* bias your output, so will *not* holding Bitcoin. What she's seeking is not journalistic integrity but to have credibility with the Bitcoin deniers which is a losing battle. Doubly so I would say as actually having some skin in the game gives you an appreciation for the world of currency and economics it's hard to have without.
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2912

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 05:52:18 PM

Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 05:56:08 PM

Did she actually ever do something for Amazon or was she indeed just "an investor"?

I think the joke is that she wasn't even an investor. Maybe she was a baby mommy?
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4899

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 05:56:24 PM

When Saylor said "I don't expect an 80% downturn", it's because he plans to preemptively buy all the fuckin' dips which means it's going up forever Laura JJG!

If he has the powder to buy all the dips then he's been holding back on us. Wink
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4181

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 05:56:25 PM
Merited by bitebits (5)

Repeat after me:

https://twitter.com/fillippone1/status/1376064680221831170?s=21

A new meme is born.
My body is ready.

So, I am not trying to be a jerk or anything, but I really believe that she is short changing herself.. and in that regard, she has been becoming more and more knowledgeable about bitcoin, and she even seems to have been becoming more and more knowledgeable over the years in order to unwillingly kind of convert into a bitcoin maximalist.. and yeah, she might not admit it and yeah, she might not frame the matter in a way that I am framing it because wanting to keep the impression of journalistic integrity and neutrality and all that bullshit... but I do feel a bit bad for her in regards to short-changing herself financially.

By the way, I did listen to that podcast between Laura Shin and Saylor in the end of January when it came out (here's a link if peeps want to listen to the whole 1 hour and a half thingie), and sure Saylor did end up lecturing Laura a bit in regards to some of her seemingly trader rather than HODLer thinking.. so there were some seemingly hostile times during that interview, and maybe it did kind of show that Laura might have been under-appreciating the power and importance of bitcoin through her ongoing attempts at journalistic objectivism.

Another thing, people might consider me to be a bit crazy in my assertion too that I consider myself to be quite open minded and objective about bitcoin too.. so fuck that kind of thinking that you cannot be sufficiently objective and be invested in something at the same time... but I will admit that over the years I have become more and more convicted about bitcoin, and I am going to deny that I am lacking in objectivity because of the size of my investment.. but whatever, I still kind of understand that perspective regarding having some detachment to see some matters in a different way, but I would also assert that the different way of seeing matters does not necessarily cause the person to be more informed about the world or that particular matter, even if they are seeing the matter from a different (non-invested) perspective.

The problem with Laura is that, by the time she becomes "more knowledgeable about Bitcoin", it will be "far too expensive" for her, and she won't buy... Of course, if she considers Bitcoin to be "far too expensive", it means that she still doesn't get it... It's OK though, some day she will get it, as will most current nocoiners.

As for being objective while HoDLing, I fully agree with what you've posted. I believe that being a Bitcoin HoDLer does not take away one's ability to criticize it. If anything, as far as I'm concerned at least, I feel that being a Bitcoin HoDLer makes me a harder Bitcoin critic. Maybe it's a personal thing, but I'm always very critical of the stuff I own, theories I agree with, etc. I want them to be put to the test and any weaknesses exposed. So, as a Bitcoin HoDLer, I say to all who want to attack Bitcoin: "Bring it on! Come and get it, and if you manage to do it I'm ready to change my viewpoint on cryptocurrencies!"

I wonder what they'll be saying when Bitcoin drops from $400k to $300k. "Bitcoin is dead", surely!

Just short-term, man, just short-term!

https://youtu.be/W2Ct0ouRooY
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10240

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 06:10:04 PM

28 Mar 2021 - BTC @ $56,194

It’s bean 4,467 days since Bitcoin went live (3 Jan 2009)

On average it’s been rising $12.58 daily.

Goes to show a kind of imprecision and potential misleading angle when we are attempt to assess what is going on in terms of absolute values, rather than percentages.

Sure the absolute values can work to give a kind of ballpark idea over short periods of time, but if you are really attempting to assess the situation over a longer period of time, either percentages work much better or attempts to capture the absolute values in shorter time frames, such as quarterly or yearly or something that might be somewhat manageable and coherent.

[edited out]

Ironically I was just listening to that podcast today whilst playing a game.

Whoaza!!!!  You are like two months behind.. hahahahaha

You know that I have had periods that I add new podcasts to my list of podcasts "to listen to" and of course, if there are a lot of prior episodes, at the time that I add such podcasts, then I try to figure out a system to go back and listen to the back episodes, and listening to back episodes can take a lot of time.. but I do like to get some ideas of the podcaster's historical presentations and sometimes evolutions as a podcaster, too.

Laura never seemed convinced or simply doesn't understand Bitcoin.

I read her a bit differently in terms of just attempting to ask a question that involves attempting to figure out why some people might prefer to HODL through cycles rather than trying to increase their stash or at least preserve some of their stash value by trading some or all of it.

She eventually stopped with the confrontation but her fake sort of laugh going along with whatever Saylor said even if she does not believe it got a bit irritating. I did think "what a dumbo" at times.

Overall, I think that Laura is pretty smart, but sure of course, she has a different perspective from some of us (especially BTC HODLers), and sure maybe it could be boiled down to her "not getting" certain aspects of bitcoin.  I really would not consider her laugh to be fake or disingenuous, even though it could be a kind of uncomfortable laugh that partially relates to some nervousness .. but people sometimes will laugh to be polite too.

There are also some competing principles in journalism that are meant to be attempts to let your interviewee do the talking and NOT imposing your own ideas/opinions on the interview, so sometimes interviewers might come off as dumber than they are because they are trying to get the interviewed person to do the talking about the topic. 

Laura is also a more traditionally trained journalist as compared to some of the other bitcoiner podcasters who may NOT hardly have any journalistic training and are learning some of the mere basic journalistic skills "on the job."  I am not suggesting that Laura is an expert in terms of journalism, but she has come to the bitcoin interviewing space from a more traditional journalism approach that may well limit her in some ways, but it does bring a different perspective and angle to the way that she interviews, which surely might not be helpful to some people who might NOT be looking for whatever value add that she might be bringing to the space (if any).

There were a few interesting questions having said that.

I am just going by memory, but I recall that interview from a couple of months ago, and the whole kind of agitation of Saylor in that interview did come out, and I don't even believe that Laura was trolling that kind of angle, the podcast just ended up coming out that way.

By the way, Laura is not even close to being eliminated from my list of podcasts that I listen to, yet.  I did remove one recently, and sometimes it can just get way too fucking irritating to listen to people who are lacking in any kind of objectivity and then devolve into either pumping bullshit or just framing their questions/interactions in such a way that they seem to be unable to appreciate what the fuck bitcoin is as compared with various other projects.. or recently getting distracted into the NFT hype.. which also seems to be dragging some actual previously thought to be knowledgeable bitcoiners in that direction... but Laura  does not seem to easily get caught up in koolaide drinking thinking, even when she is interviewing some shitcoiners or some nonsense pumpeners (which she does from time to time).
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3869

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 06:13:16 PM

Just short-term, man, just short-term!

https://youtu.be/W2Ct0ouRooY

She sounds a bit forcibly naive sometimes, probably striving for journalistic "objectivism", but Saylor sounds a bit funny too.
He is probably frustrated by the fact that every time btc drops in a fiscal quarter, he would have to report some asset impairement/depreciation.
LONG term, he is absolutely right (to a degree of still being within sane number aka less than all funds in the world), but saying that it will go up forever is an obvious exaggeration.
That said, it would be interesting to see if cycles would not have much effect after 2025. I am reasonably sure that we would have at least one more or less "classical" cycle to look forward to.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4899

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 06:17:32 PM

Got bored so watched this again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3dqhixzGVo
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10240

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 06:28:54 PM

[.......[edited out].........

........., and whether they achieve $200k in this particular scenario or some lesser or greater number.. who fucking cares, it still ends up in a pretty damned BIG ASS price correction that scares the shit out of participants and motivates them into taking profits during the correction including at the bottom of the correction.. just like they have done historically and are likely to continue into the future.. whether peeps believe in a supercycle bullshit or not.  

Hahahahahaha

Good one homer, snomer, blomer...

I stand by my original commentening on the topic.

Tongue Tongue Tongue

By the way, when you get reckt as fuck because you were banking on the supercycle and counting on your buddy Saylor the tailor to be ready, willing and able to buy all the dips, don't come crying to me with your empty wallet that are only hodling bitcoin.. you can go poor on the street.. with your bags of bitcoin.

Definitely not a good move on her part. While I had a good talk with my crypto-naïve friend about people talking their book (and put particular stress on counting me in that also), while holding Bitcoin *will* bias your output, so will *not* holding Bitcoin. What she's seeking is not journalistic integrity but to have credibility with the Bitcoin deniers which is a losing battle. Doubly so I would say as actually having some skin in the game gives you an appreciation for the world of currency and economics it's hard to have without.

Actually, your response, Richy_T reminds me of Stolfi, and he was presenting himself in this thread as trying to do some kind of similar objectivity and lack of participation thing when he was posting in this thread in 2014-2016 or whenever it was that he was posting in this thread. 

Members here would frequently criticize Stolfi for NOT having any fucking clue in respect to some of the topics he was talking about in regards to various aspects regarding how some aspects of bitcoin worked because he had not even tried some of the basic actions of setting up a wallet or even putting some money on an exchange and practicing to use some of the services of some exchanges that he was non-experientially criticizing.

I am pretty sure that Laura has done some of the basics in regards to setting up some bitcoin and shitcoin wallets, including getting involved in some ethereum and other bullshit in various ways in order to attempt to better understand some of the topics that she was interviewing upon, but surely some of her knowledge has been limited in the degree of her failure/refusal to invest in bitcoin in any kind of material and substantial way.
gallianooo

Activity: 680
Merit: 346

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 07:12:09 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Back under 55K incoming... #boring
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 07:34:00 PM

Back under 55K incoming... #boring

BobLawblaw
Legendary

Activity: 1826
Merit: 5551

Neighborhood Shenanigans Dispenser

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 07:57:12 PM

Poor.

Again.
Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1288
Merit: 710

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 08:04:22 PM

[.......[edited out].........

........., and whether they achieve $200k in this particular scenario or some lesser or greater number.. who fucking cares, it still ends up in a pretty damned BIG ASS price correction that scares the shit out of participants and motivates them into taking profits during the correction including at the bottom of the correction.. just like they have done historically and are likely to continue into the future.. whether peeps believe in a supercycle bullshit or not.  

Hahahahahaha

Good one homer, snomer, blomer...

I stand by my original commentening on the topic.

Tongue Tongue Tongue

By the way, when you get reckt as fuck because you were banking on the supercycle and counting on your buddy Saylor the tailor to be ready, willing and able to buy all the dips, don't come crying to me with your empty wallet that are only hodling bitcoin.. you can go poor on the street.. with your bags of bitcoin.

A potential Breakout to upside is likely to happen.

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/BTCUSD/wSXvDLni-Bitcoin-Potential-Breakout-With-Objections-When-This-Happens/

Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
March 28, 2021, 08:10:22 PM

Economist, 2 years ago...

A reporter from The Economist wanted to interview me about the Thailand thing. This headline re-assures me that I made the right decision to turn them down.

At this point any reporter in the MSM wanting to cover the story is looking to attack us. No reporter's going to write a feel good story about how we got away and started over somewhere else.
wxa7115

Activity: 2716
Merit: 704

View Profile
March 28, 2021, 08:34:02 PM

Fuck that shit.
The girlfriend I have now wants a prenup because she knows I will never go along with ridiculous 50% figures if we were to marry and then divorce.
Be careful with prenups, judges can toss them aside if they do not think it was fair at the time or right now in which case you get no protection under the law, so unless the prenup is super tight prepare yourself for a world of pain, at that time even “losing your bitcoins” will not protect you as most likely it will be judged as contempt of court which could result in imprisonment until you produce the bitcoins.

This is not legal advice.
Pages: « 1 ... 28324 28325 28326 28327 28328 28329 28330 28331 28332 28333 28334 28335 28336 28337 28338 28339 28340 28341 28342 28343 28344 28345 28346 28347 28348 28349 28350 28351 28352 28353 28354 28355 28356 28357 28358 28359 28360 28361 28362 28363 28364 28365 28366 28367 28368 28369 28370 28371 28372 28373 [28374] 28375 28376 28377 28378 28379 28380 28381 28382 28383 28384 28385 28386 28387 28388 28389 28390 28391 28392 28393 28394 28395 28396 28397 28398 28399 28400 28401 28402 28403 28404 28405 28406 28407 28408 28409 28410 28411 28412 28413 28414 28415 28416 28417 28418 28419 28420 28421 28422 28423 28424 ... 33342 »
  Print  

Jump to: