May 08, 2024, 10:20:39 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28463 28464 28465 28466 28467 28468 28469 28470 28471 28472 28473 28474 28475 28476 28477 28478 28479 28480 28481 28482 28483 28484 28485 28486 28487 28488 28489 28490 28491 28492 28493 28494 28495 28496 28497 28498 28499 28500 28501 28502 28503 28504 28505 28506 28507 28508 28509 28510 28511 28512 [28513] 28514 28515 28516 28517 28518 28519 28520 28521 28522 28523 28524 28525 28526 28527 28528 28529 28530 28531 28532 28533 28534 28535 28536 28537 28538 28539 28540 28541 28542 28543 28544 28545 28546 28547 28548 28549 28550 28551 28552 28553 28554 28555 28556 28557 28558 28559 28560 28561 28562 28563 ... 33334 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26380492 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4177

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 02:10:31 PM

True! We are still millionairs right  Smiley

It's just so hard to take profits. I never took any profit in the last 8 years. And it's always this greedy thinking "what if I take profits and we go higher...". I bet many here are trapped in this swampy thinking as well no?

My first goal was to take profits at 40k. Then I Moved it to 50k. Then I said ok 60k for sure. And so on... Now I say ok 95k.

I have some leftover BTC dust in my Kraken account. I've calculated that when BTC price reaches $80k it will be worth exactly my entire fiat investment in Bitcoin. The plan is to sell that dust and get back my entire fiat capital. This will be purely a symbolic move, and a guarantee of always being in profit, regardless of BTC price. Even if BTC goes to zero (I'm being funny now...), I will still have my entire fiat investment capital, as if I never got involved in Bitcoin.

Not sure if I'll go ahead with the above plan though... If it keeps pumping above $80k (which I'm sure it soon will), greed may take over. But I will definitely sell some of that dust amount, just for fun reasons (cocaine, hookers and related items of debauchery & pleasure).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4004
Merit: 4482

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 02:16:37 PM
Merited by BobLawblaw (1)

Good morning Bitcoinland.

Still going basically sideways since last weekend's little correction... currently $54762USD/$68425 (Bitcoinaverage).

OK. Enough consolidation. Onward and upward.

Go Bitcoin go.

It's just so hard to take profits. I never took any profit in the last 8 years. And it's always this greedy thinking "what if I take profits and we go higher...". I bet many here are trapped in this swampy thinking as well no?

My first goal was to take profits at 40k. Then I Moved it to 50k. Then I said ok 60k for sure. And so on... Now I say ok 95k.

Just don't "take profits" according to price.

Spend your coins only as necessary.
lightfoot
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 2239

I fix broken miners. And make holes in teeth :-)

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 02:21:31 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

My recommendation is to take a bit of profit at every major pump. Not much, just a little pin money so that way if it goes down you can think "well, I have this little pile of money from when it was up, all is well" and if it goes up MOAR you don't feel like you sold the stash.

lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 02:23:16 PM

I take it everyone gets a free Tesla helicoptered to their home and Biden is going to teach all American squirrels how to run on treadmills to generate electricity?

Sure, he'll just generate an extra billion bitcoins and give everyone a Tesla.

Oh wait, he can't do that. Hm, does Tesla take DOGE?
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4177

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 02:26:34 PM
Merited by fillippone (2), JayJuanGee (1)

Kraken Intelligence Report: CBDCs – Preparing for Central Bank Digital Currencies
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10227

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 02:40:16 PM
Merited by Sayeds56 (1)

* BobLawblaw sighs and loads up more Fedbucks on <exchange> to buy this goddamn dip

I'm feeling disappointed and barring a heavy burden every single f^cking time I buy the dip. (But I also feel some sort of pride for the limited supply.)

You do seem to serve as some kind of reverse indicator - and also just a kind of model to show how NOT to think or act.

Sure we have witnessed some posts to show that you are engaging in some of this behavior on purpose, even though I do appreciate that there are also actual peeps in the world who do think and act in such dummie ways like you - just seems a bit problematic to emphasize the dumb rather than striving for higher standards.

Don't get me wrong, I am surely no person who always strives for perfection, far from it, but I do try to be practical and to attempt to have reasonable and prudent goals - and hardly worth repeating some ways to attempt to help you out in that regard, SavetheRf, because you hardly seem ready, willing and able to learn or even to try to learn.

But I'm annoyed AF... of the profits other coins provided me, even if you turn back to BTCiTcoin.
Get the fuck out of here with your stupid ass attempts at comparison and contrasts, and also your misspelling of bitcoin... Surely you can capitalize or leave small the b{B} in the front of the word, bitcoin, but you come off as either retarded or disingenuine to be capitalizing other letters in bitcoin.

But doing a 2-3x on some sh!tcoin in a few days or a week max, feels kinda annoying. (Yeah... I'm complaining about gains, F'... offf for those that don't get it. SmileyRoll Eyes  Roll Eyes

Your shitcoin discussion is off topic here, and you know it.. it is not like you are even trying to minimize such discussion.  So you can fuck off in regards to that area of discussion too.. because nobody cares.

But man, f^ck if I understand where this all nonsense goes and is taking us.

Nothing to see here, dipshit.  There is hardly anything important in regards to shitcoin pumpenings that happen from time to time, and has been going on in relation to bitcoin (as a kind of distraction) ever since I have been in the space in late 2013 and thereafter.  Of course, there have been periods of greater attention to shitcoin pumpenings - but still seems to be a BIG so what burger - even though admittedly there have been quite a few snot nosed 14-year olds who got rich as fuck off such scams -- and even some adults, too... but if you play your bitcoin cards correctly, there really has been little to no need to get distracted into such ongoing shitcoin pumpenings nonsense - even though people do tend to be easily distracted and also tend to have difficulties creating and following a reasonable and prudent bitcoin focused plannening.

It is just that I feel in some time travel sh!t and I see a multitude of paths where we don't end up well and everything gets f^cked up anyway because BTCiTcoin doesn't gain the same as the sh!tcoins.

Stop trying to get all zen in regards to your nonsense, because the fact of the matter is that you have about as much depth in your thinking as a petri dish. #nohomo

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

(even if some sh!tcoins have some sort of 'backing' and common sense to their existence.)

They do not.  Not a single one and not a single sense exists therein, except nonsense.

I am just feeling that we are at the cusp / verge of some sh!tstorm that will blow up out of proportion, regarding "the meaning of crypto!" ...  Huh  Huh

Again.. trying to get zen on us.. and you have no credibility in the zen department, diptwat. 

Furthermore, who knows or cares in regards to the off-topicness that you are wanting to discuss here... take it somewhere else, you twat (that's short for diptwat).

Looks like the PI Cycle top indicator was right once again. I was suspecting a similar run to 2013. Double top with a bearish summer between. Was watching the Pi cycle top indicator for months on a daily basis. Yet all other indicators showed we are not there yet. Looks like a bearish summer indeed.

I doubt that the "PI indicator" has much if any credibility beyond the credibility of throwing darts at a board.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 02:43:27 PM

Biden promising to halve emissions by 2030.  Roll Eyes

Good luck with that.

I take it everyone gets a free Tesla helicoptered to their home and Biden is going to teach all American squirrels how to run on treadmills to generate electricity?

Trying to improve conditions for future generations. What an asshole!
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2121

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 03:23:23 PM

Good luck with that.

Destroy the economy and nobody has any reason or funds to travel. Simple.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 03:33:09 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

In Huge Reversal, China Now Calls Bitcoin "Investment Alternative" After Years Of Crackdowns

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/huge-reversal-china-now-calls-bitcoin-investment-alternative-after-years-crackdowns

Gosh, I don't know Hueristic.

I am not even picking on China because it seems that a lot of governments have been wishy-washy (and all over the place) in regards to bitcoin over the years, and maybe it goes to show that we should not be monolithening our thinking about any of the governments - unless somehow they are able to show that they have some kind of consistent policies approach to bitcoin, which there are likely few examples of that - unless it happens to be some small level government - and even China seems way too damned BIG and diverse to coordinate some kind of consistent policies in regards to something like bitcoin - a phenomena that is quite challenging to substantively and meaningfully control any aspect of it.

Does the wishy-washiness signify that we could be winning?  Not sure about that, either, except bitcoin's overall market and price performance in both recent and even longer term assessments, and maybe even some lackenings in abilities for a variety of governments to coordinate hostile government policies against bitcoin in any kind of sweeping sense, including that institutions (and even BIGGER and public players) are increasingly coming into bitcoin (even with some bitcoin-friendly policies in that regard) - does seem to show that "we" may well be "winning", at least for the time being.
lightfoot
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 04:04:34 PM

Destroy the economy and nobody has any reason or funds to travel. Simple.

We need to sit down and watch some Mad Max movies Richy. Do you have Leather chaps by chance?
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 2494

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 04:10:22 PM

Good luck with that.

Trying to improve conditions for future generations. What an asshole!

As if Biden cares about future generations.

I'm sure by 2030 even more people will be waiting on that helicopter money whilst slaves on the other side of the planet are making the solar panels they need to buy with it.
Sayeds56
Copper Member

Activity: 1288
Merit: 709

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 04:10:37 PM
Last edit: April 22, 2021, 04:36:00 PM by Sayeds56
Merited by Rehan Zakir (1)

I've just bought 0.275BTC at 53 300$. If the price doesn't fall below that (again), this anomaly will be for the first time in my life  Grin Grin

As far as I know Bitcoin doesn’t follow any graph, pattern or predictions. Bitcoin have its own math & science.

Yes one thing is certain it will always go up but after how many dips this you can’t know.

You are absolutely right, It will always go up but why and when it goes up? The straight answer is when Demand is higher than supply. The demand of BTC has grown tremendously during the past six months that was driven by the factors illustrated in attached image: The general perception of common man about Bitcoin is that it can make you Millionaire within very short time and this perception is attracting huge investment in Bitcoin because nobody wants to miss this Bus of opportunity..

UnDerDoG81
Legendary

Activity: 2179
Merit: 1201

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 04:37:27 PM

My recommendation is to take a bit of profit at every major pump. Not much, just a little pin money so that way if it goes down you can think "well, I have this little pile of money from when it was up, all is well" and if it goes up MOAR you don't feel like you sold the stash.

Ok I was not quite honest. I sold some BTC in February at the 57K top. The problem is, I bought crypto back after the dump. So all in all I do not have any fiat in my hands again  Cheesy

I might consider to sell some if we go near 6 digits and stake that as usd coin on crypto.com. Gives a whooping 14% yearly revenue. And if the crypto market crashes, you continue making money with fiat based crypto. That would be 140k a year if you stake 1 million. That's almost 12k a month of passive income with low risk, besides if crypto.com does the mtgox or the fiat currencies completely collapse.
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 04:41:51 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

The social media giants should get their act together. They are a source of scams, fraudsters and hurtful things and try to deflect to others. Pathetic.

AKA the Internet.
You just gotta learn to sort the wheat from the chaff.
A skill sadly lacking in this day and age of personnel, swiping device, bubble realities.
Its why a moron got elected as potus in 2016, among other things.

Is the Doge dead?

idk...who cares?
gallianooo

Activity: 679
Merit: 346

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 04:46:10 PM

Ok I was not quite honest. I sold some BTC in February at the 57K top. The problem is, I bought crypto back after the dump. So all in all I do not have any fiat in my hands again  Cheesy

I might consider to sell some if we go near 6 digits and stake that as usd coin on crypto.com. Gives a whooping 14% yearly revenue. And if the crypto market crashes, you continue making money with fiat based crypto. That would be 140k a year if you stake 1 million. That's almost 12k a month of passive income with low risk, besides if crypto.com does the mtgox or the fiat currencies completely collapse.

These yearly yield of 14% are never guaranteed.. Can change almost day by day, and I would be not that confident of this yield when we will be for a while again in a bear market... I don't say it is a bad idea, but maybe dont put too much expectation on it (especially for the yield in a medium-long term). And yes, still the risk to loose your fund as well as you send to a exchange / third party your crypto for this kind of stacking.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 04:49:06 PM

Whoaza!!!!!  that does look pretty scary for both.  I would not feel too comfortable with the panicking guy grabbing my leg, even if I were to be tethered.

Noticed a bonus-binance.com scam YouTube stream that was recommended to me. I flagged it / reported it. If you want to help, flag this imbecile: https://www.youtube.com/user/MultiTheTempest
Crazy youtube even allows you to simply call your account after a crypto exchange name whilst they are quick to delete provocative right wing views.
Site promises to send you more BNB back than you send them. Sure.  Roll Eyes
It's the same with Facebook. Very poor at preventing money scams, quick to delete anything Trump related.
The social media giants should get their act together. They are a source of scams, fraudsters and hurtful things and try to deflect to others. Pathetic.

Is the Doge dead?

Every dog has a day  but now its days are over.

"Altcoin season" may be a thing for the next few months, while "Dogecoin season" seems to be over...

While attempting NOT to get distracted into too many shitcoin details, how can anyone really know about where one shitcoin or another might be going without some kind of real definitive moves/happenings?  Sure, there does seem to be some pumpening of shitcoins momentum going on, but how can we have any kind of confidence in respect to continuations of such?

I have not really seen anything definitive - but hey, I am not really studying (following) the shitcoin space in any detail besides attempting to maintain some superficial levels of awareness regarding some of that - and surely on the margins, there sometimes could be some affects that shitcoins have on short-term moves of dee king daddy... not saying that the tail wags the dog.. but still seems risky to completely ignore some of the behaviors of snot-nosed 14-year olds - and perhaps a few adults, too.
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2907

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 05:18:38 PM

Now imagine he’s hodling Bitcoin too!!!
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4898

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 05:45:34 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Whoaza!!!!!  that does look pretty scary for both.  I would not feel too comfortable with the panicking guy grabbing my leg, even if I were to be tethered.

When my Step grandmother was drowning (She couldn't swim and was bouncing around the ledge when she slipped toward the center) I dove in and got under her and pushed her up and tried to get her to the side of the pool (it was a 28 foot round with 4ft on the edge dropping to 7ft in the center) and she was acting just like that guy literally holding me and trying to stand on me without letting me get away. She was a few hundred pounds and I was probably all of 60lbs (skinny 10yr old). Luckily my mother was looking out the window and ran out and dragged her off me while i was holding her above water and running out of breath or I wouldn't be typing this.

Its amazing how easily some people panic!

Rage against the chipmunks  Cheesy Grin
Gotta replace my alarm ringtone with that song for a while  Cool

Haha, good choice!

Thanx for link m8. Loved it.
That picking bass player/ track /sound  is nothing short of badass stupendous.
Yes, playing a bass with a pick is totally cool in my book.
(that's how I played bass back in the day, just no where near as good as that dude)

Glad you enjoyed it!

I pushed back my casino trip to sit on my ass and play Railroad Tycoon III and listen to those vids.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 05:56:15 PM
Merited by shahzadafzal (1)

I've just bought 0.275BTC at 53 300$. If the price doesn't fall below that (again), this anomaly will be for the first time in my life  Grin Grin

As far as I know Bitcoin doesn’t follow any graph, pattern or predictions. Bitcoin have its own math & science.

Yes one thing is certain it will always go up but after how many dips this you can’t know.

From my perspective, you phrase this in a real strange way, shahzadafzal because:

regarding your first point, there are some graphs, patterns and predictions that seem to be somewhat coming true, and of course, the longer term graphs, patterns and predictions seem to have greater probabilities of reflecting both what happened and decent abilities to assign predictive value - and of course better on the longer term rather than the shorter term, but even then, there seems to be a decent amount of shorter term information contained in various charts too.. even though none of them are going to be exactly correct or even be able to account for some surprises or short-term BTC price performances in the opposite than expected direction.

regarding your second point, I don't really disagree with the overall sentiment that BTC prices do seem to have both a historical and a long- term predictive tendency to go up, but still it seems problematic to employ words such as "certain" and "always" in regards to future BTC price performances - even if we can apply those kinds of words to past performances because such past performances already happened.

Looks like the PI Cycle top indicator was right once again. I was suspecting a similar run to 2013. Double top with a bearish summer between. Was watching the Pi cycle top indicator for months on a daily basis. Yet all other indicators showed we are not there yet. Looks like a bearish summer indeed.

no no no no no no no no no no no no no

stop that negative vibe this instant !

True! We are still millionairs right  Smiley

Not everyone of us, but some of us do seem to be getting quite close to moving beyond ramen noodles, even though there may well be some shell-shocker like tendencies to NOT go overboard on the spending too quickly.

It's just so hard to take profits. I never took any profit in the last 8 years. And it's always this greedy thinking "what if I take profits and we go higher...".

Hard to believe you, here.  Sounds like you are just making shit up in order to try to show that you can relate to various circumstances of actual HODLers versus someone who likely has hardly any stake in bitcoin, if at all.

Another thing.  Maybe you can describe what your last supposed 8 years in bitcoin have been like?  Maybe also let us know if you have held this same account for your whole time in bitcoin, too?

Also in regards to BTC accumulation specifically, did you front load?  Did buy along the way?  Did you have any targets or goals in terms of accumulation, maintenance and/or liquidation?  Did you buy on dips along the way or have plans to do so?  Of course, you said that you did not sell any, so we can cross that possibility out of what you did along the way..   But still having some troubles with this in regards to what dilemmas that you might be supposedly having, exactly?  You do not know when to sell some BTC or to shave some profits off, right?  Maybe that means that you have not accumulated enough? Or what is the issue?

I bet many here are trapped in this swampy thinking as well no?

I would think that feelings of "trapped" would depend, in part, on circumstances of each HODLer/ BTC accumulator, no?  We should not be presuming the same dilemmas upon each person, even if that person may have been into BTC for 8-ish years.

Personally, based on my own nearly 7.5 years in bitcoin, I would think that having 8 years in bitcoin should help to resolve dilemmas for a lot of folks, but I understand that some folks who have been in bitcoin for so long have BIGGER mistakes than others, even though many of us who are largely trying to stay focused on bitcoin already realize that when the BTC prices seem to be moving rapidly UPward, even achieving 5x or 6.5x profits in the past 8 months, there could be some dilemmas caused by such considerable BTC price movements if we do not have an adequate plan (or we start to question the plans that we have), and sure if there are some of us who have not sold any (and that is surely not me, but I appreciate that some of those peeps exist, even herein).. but some of those folks are also pretty decently comfortable (on paper - especially if they have been in a long time) - even though they could well have some existential crises if we were to drop 50% or more from our April 14 ATH of $64,895... not sure if such 50% BTC price drop has decent chances of happening, but surely such 50% or more drop is way beyond zero likelihood, and may even be in the 40% or more ballpark of happening in the next 2-6 months (not sure if I am thinking too bearishly, here?).

Why all or nothing kind of thinking as to when to start talking some profits?  If you are having such a dilemma, supposedly, why move the number up rather than just shaving a bit off?  Maybe you could shave off a smaller amount, so you do not feel so worried about it, supposedly

Maybe you should explain your details a bit more, so we can understand why you might be having such supposed dilemma?
Dabs
Legendary

Activity: 3416
Merit: 1912

The Concierge of Crypto

View Profile
April 22, 2021, 05:59:30 PM

I pushed back my casino trip to sit on my ass and play Railroad Tycoon III and listen to those vids.

Never played that game, but I've been listening to some Civilization 1 music that someone uploaded on youtube.
Pages: « 1 ... 28463 28464 28465 28466 28467 28468 28469 28470 28471 28472 28473 28474 28475 28476 28477 28478 28479 28480 28481 28482 28483 28484 28485 28486 28487 28488 28489 28490 28491 28492 28493 28494 28495 28496 28497 28498 28499 28500 28501 28502 28503 28504 28505 28506 28507 28508 28509 28510 28511 28512 [28513] 28514 28515 28516 28517 28518 28519 28520 28521 28522 28523 28524 28525 28526 28527 28528 28529 28530 28531 28532 28533 28534 28535 28536 28537 28538 28539 28540 28541 28542 28543 28544 28545 28546 28547 28548 28549 28550 28551 28552 28553 28554 28555 28556 28557 28558 28559 28560 28561 28562 28563 ... 33334 »
  Print  

Jump to: