May 09, 2024, 11:45:12 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28480 28481 28482 28483 28484 28485 28486 28487 28488 28489 28490 28491 28492 28493 28494 28495 28496 28497 28498 28499 28500 28501 28502 28503 28504 28505 28506 28507 28508 28509 28510 28511 28512 28513 28514 28515 28516 28517 28518 28519 28520 28521 28522 28523 28524 28525 28526 28527 28528 28529 [28530] 28531 28532 28533 28534 28535 28536 28537 28538 28539 28540 28541 28542 28543 28544 28545 28546 28547 28548 28549 28550 28551 28552 28553 28554 28555 28556 28557 28558 28559 28560 28561 28562 28563 28564 28565 28566 28567 28568 28569 28570 28571 28572 28573 28574 28575 28576 28577 28578 28579 28580 ... 33337 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26381019 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2912

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 12:32:44 PM

The Wall Observer is still an extremely toxic community, too.  It’s lucky for you that platinum is a corrosion-resistant metal!

Well I would argue.. it really depends on Bitcoin!!!!

Yes Bitcoin... see if Bitcoin is performing well against dollar you will see a totally changed WO community. But when Bitcoin is loosing its ground against dollar yes the community can be toxic or more like a furious angry lioness so you have to be very careful around here!!!

So “The Wall Observer is still an extremely toxic sensitive community.”

I don’t know about that exactly...  when btc losing value in dollar terms, then the WO thread is a very famous place for FUD-tards, bear-tards, alt-tards, low level human being-tards, NOcoiners etc

We have to be toxic against some of those for the readers in the dark.... people are easily being mis guided in a DIP and it’s pity it’s been done from people not understanding, not knowing, not believing BTC....

But imo the REAL WO’s aren’t toxic when BTC dips.

Just my humble opinion

Dips here and there still acceptable WO can tolerate.... but dip stairs.... hell no!!!

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"If you don't want people to know you're a scumbag then don't be a scumbag." -- margaritahuyan
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4178

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 12:43:12 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2021, 01:08:11 PM by AlcoHoDL
Merited by LoyceV (4), vapourminer (2), JayJuanGee (2), Toxic2040 (1)

I have some leftover BTC dust in my Kraken account. I've calculated that when BTC price reaches $80k it will be worth exactly my entire fiat investment in Bitcoin. The plan is to sell that dust and get back my entire fiat capital. This will be purely a symbolic move, and a guarantee of always being in profit, regardless of BTC price.

Personally, I am considering taking your statement with a decently-sized grain of salt, AlcoHoDL, in terms of how it may or may not reflect the actual amount of your stash or the actual amount that you may have invested into BTC - as if your numbers were part of a hypothetical, for example. Wink

By the way, I hope that you are not one of those guys who invested a small amount of money into BTC in the beginning, and then you got worried about investing into BTC at higher prices because you had considered that investing more would raise the level of your BTC costs (total amount invested) and the average cost of your BTC… Sure, I do not conclude that you are one of those kinds of guys, but remember we are batting around ideas on a public thread, and I have some concerns about those kinds of guys, especially if they might have an ongoing cashflow and they are worried that they are not getting richie fast enough because they do not have enough BTC… blah blah blah (surely NOT saying that you, AlcoHoDL, are one of those kinds of guys, even though your comment could be erroneously read to be embracing of that kind of investment practices/strategies.

Sure, there is some point in time that each of us may well have transitioned from BTC accumulation stage to a BTC maintenance stage and then later to a BTC liquidation stage, and surely none of those are absolutes, but instead are likely on a kind of spectrum, even though there might well be various points on the spectrum that each of us might feel that we have invested enough but as our cashflow might change or other personal factors might change, we might consider moving our lil selfies back to accumulation stage, for example, even if we might have considered that we had moved into mostly maintenance stage.  

Another factual change could be that we could end up losing part or all of our BTC stash whether sloppily, due to the acts of others or through some forms of negligence (aka an accident), and not wishing these circumstances on anyone, but just saying that changes in circumstances could cause changes in perspective regarding where we are at in terms of BTC accumulation, maintenance and/or liquidation.

I think it all depends on what one considers "Bitcoin dust"... For most, this could be < 0.001 BTC. For many it could be < 0.1 BTC, and for some it could be < 1 BTC or even < 10 BTC...

As for the amount invested in Bitcoin over the years, sure, I've made some big mistakes, like only investing around $100 on my first BTC purchase (got around 0.5 BTC for that), when I had $10,000 in cash sitting in my desk drawer. Had I invested that amount straight away, I would now have 50 BTC more than I currently have. But, no, I was not worried. I ended up investing that $10,000, and much more, in Bitcoin over the years, and increased my stash, but not as much as I could have. It didn't feel like worrying, but more like being "careful" and "gradual" in my investment moves, rather than throwing everything in straight away. I wish I had done that though. "Early bird" and all that...

About the various stages in Bitcoin management, I guess everyone starts with the accumulation stage, which, to me, spanned a number of years, from 2015 up to 2020, with my BTC purchases getting fewer and fewer (but sometimes larger) year by year. As of now, I do not buy BTC regularly, but I do spend my fiat on goods and services that I would not normally be spending on if I didn't own BTC. You see my point? Owning Bitcoin has enabled me to increase my fiat spending on things I want to have/do. There's no point in buying BTC when I will immediately convert back to fiat to buy something. I just buy it directly with fiat, and do not touch my BTC stash.

Losing BTC... No, never happened to me. Never lost a single sat. The few things I regret are some small (at the time) purchases using BTC, which are now worth thousands of USD. But I've never lost coins due to an accident, lost keys, etc.

Even if BTC goes to zero (I'm being funny now...), I will still have my entire fiat investment capital, as if I never got involved in Bitcoin.

I have frequently pondered over those kinds of possible BTC price performance scenarios and how they might end up playing out in terms of my own personal circumstances and anticipated behaviors under such extreme (and seemingly unlikely) scenarios - especially in a kind of scenario in which BTC prices were to keep going down, including not really knowing and/or accepting the reason and actually some factual circumstances that might NOT be completely known by me and/or other normie BTC investors, and then under such cascading DOWNity BTC price movements, I would be continuing to think that this is a good time to buy because the price is lower and lower and lower,  I act on those lower price moves (isn’t this feeling like some Bcash shitcoin scenario?), but as I keep buying, the BTC price keeps going lower than it had been and never really meaningfully recovers, even though I had continued to erroneously conclude that the bottom is in.  

So, there could be BTC price points in which I should stop buying and just save whatever it is that I had already bought.. but in such scenario, I don’t know when to stop buying because I did not get the memo that bitcoin is ded…

And sure, along the way, I may have well gotten some enjoyment of the hookers, lambos, and blow, but there may have been some things that are more solid in terms of my past investments that were largely enabled because of my having had been in bitcoin, such as property, or other longer term and non-depreciating investments that I made – and yeah, maybe various steak/lobster dinners could be counted too..  and maybe I did end up accomplishing some diversification (not talking about other cryptos, here.. .because I really doubt that there are any realistic scenarios in which BTC goes to zero but some shitcoin actually prospers (or takes over) in such bitcoin going to zero scenario.. not going to go to that level of nonsense with such hypothetical.. that shitcoiners frequently want to pump such a nonsense scenario)..

I very much doubt that BTC will ever drop below $10,000 (208-week MA, which is way higher that my average BTC buying price), let alone go to zero. In that sense, profits are virtually guaranteed. But, there's something psychologically appealing about being able to get back all of my fiat investment capital just by selling some leftover BTC dust that I have sitting unused in my Kraken account, and still be left with my healthy BTC stash, with a 100% certainty of profits (or, at worst, a zero-loss). I'm not saying that I will definitely sell that dust (I probably will not), but I like the feeling of being able to achieve 100% zero-loss certainty just by dusting Kraken and without touching my cold storage.

Not sure if I'll go ahead with the above plan though... If it keeps pumping above $80k (which I'm sure it soon will), greed may take over.

Fair enough.

Sometimes I feel that I am kind of losing track regarding how much value I may have put into bitcoin (or not) and the various ways that such investment value might be tallied up.  

With a quickie ballpark guestimation of my BTC holdings, I see that when BTC prices were as high as almost $65k, my investment amount would have been around 1.333% of the value of my total BTC portfolio (kind of cheating in term of how that is counted, exactly.. but whatever.. we are talking about ballparkenings of what is going on in terms of the investment of yours truly).  

Now, let's say that BTC prices drop down to $47.5k (sure that is the current low within that past 8 hours or so), then my amount invested into BTC ends up going as high as 1.77%..   So around a $17.5k drop in BTC prices does not really seem to create any kind of real large changes in the ratio of how much invested I invested into BTC versus the value of the whole BTC investment portfolio holdings… and therefore the kind of financial and psychological cushion that exists, even with what appears to be about a 27% BTC price drop from about $65k to $27.5k (so far).

I do recall that in December 2018, BTC prices got down to about $3,124, and so at that time, the amount that I had invested into bitcoin was about 26% of the value of the whole BTC investment portfolio, so the move up from $3,124 to $47.5k seems to have made a pretty BIG difference percentage wise, and the correction from nearly $65k to $47.5k did not make a very BIG difference percentage wise…  - but I am not going to deny that the numbers still look decently BIGgily with a $17.5k price drop –

Still a little bit more difficult to get worried about the whole matter as compared to if the BTC prices were to go way down, including if they were to start to get close to the 4 digits.. or even start to approach $20k-ish (seems quite doubtful.. but you never know).  If we were to end up going down to something close to $20k, then my amount invested would end up constituting around 3.6% of the total value of my BTC investment.. The number would be getting BIGGER, but still seems to show that there is a considerable cushion for longer term BTC HODLers, even when BTC prices seem to be dropping outrageously – especially for those with larger average costs per BTC.

From these kinds of examples, some later BTC adopting peeps probably are realizing that the longer that a person is in the bitcoin accumulation and HODLing practices, the less bothered such OG HODLers inevitably seems to be affected by BTC price changes (whether corrections or even BTC price appreciations)  that are more worrisome for the later adopters.

"Cushion" is the key word here. I fully agree, the longer one accumulates and HoDLs BTC, the softer that cushion becomes, almost to the point of enjoying bouncing up and down like a trampoline. Price drops, even big ones, do not cause fear, stress or uncertainty anymore. They could affect some planning and major life decisions, such as the size of the lake to buy, or when to say the final "fuck you" at work, etc., etc., but they will never really worry us too much, to the point of mindrusting some/all of our stash away, or not accumulating when we can. During such times (price now may feel that way to some), newbies and weak hands tend to want to sell, but hardened HoDLers buy and/or HoDL, because we've already been through such times. 2014, 2018-20, tough shit. Would a 27% drop scare us? Hell no!

But I will definitely sell some of that dust amount, just for fun reasons (cocaine, hookers and related items of debauchery & pleasure).

Overall you are not going to get any argument from me, whether some of your skimming off is merely for funzies, or symbolic because I surely do subscribe to variations of profit taking along the way, whether you start slowly at 2x, 10x or 50x or if you wait for some higher number, there is a point that it is reasonable to shave off some profits along the way in my thinkenings.. especially, let’s say for example, you have around a $1k per BTC cost per investment, and maybe that were to constitute a modest 1% to 5% of your total investment portfolio at the time that you had achieved such $1k cost per BTC, and if the BTC price goes up to your number of $80k, then your BTC value has likely dwarfed your various other holdings, whether stocks, bonds, PMs, properties, blah blah blah.  So instead of being 1% to 5%of your total investment portfolio, your BTC holdings are surely in a kind of 90% to 95% range, and shaving off a few percent here or there is not really going to diminish your BTC holdings in any kind of meaningful sense, even though you largely may have ended up cashing out an amount that adds up to your initial investment value (or even more than that initial investment value amount).

Can't disagree with the above. I'm now almost all-in on Bitcoin (I was not initially, but Bitcoin took care of that, with its price appreciation over the years). I do keep a healthy amount of fiat stashed somewhere, to sustain me for several years, as a backup plan, but this is dwarfed by my corn side of things, even at $49k (or $39k, or $29k, or...). As for spending BTC, it's not an easy thing to spend probably the single most important and valuable monetary asset in the history of mankind. I'm just using my monthly fiat income more liberally, and if at some point that's not enough, I'll be skimming some of the corn, but only when necessary. 1 BTC = 1 BTC only if you own BTC.

Edit: Fixed typos.
LoyceV
Legendary

Activity: 3304
Merit: 16624

Thick-Skinned Gang Leader and Golden Feather 2021

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2021, 12:47:09 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2021, 05:17:11 PM by LoyceV
Merited by vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1)

I think it all depends on what one considers "Bitcoin dust"... For most, this could be < 0.001 BTC. For many it could be < 0.1 BTC, and for some it could be < 1 BTC or even < 10 BTC...
Usually, the term "dust' is used for inputs that lower than (or close to) the fee it takes to send them.
I take it that's not the definition you're using Cheesy

The few things I regret are some small (at the time) purchases using BTC, which are now worth thousands of USD.
Looking back, I've spent a small fortune on daily items. But I like to think of it this way: the more expensive those expenses get, the more my hodlings increase in value. So I've supported the Bitcoin economy while actually using it as electronic money, and I'm still better off because of the increase.
ivomm
Legendary

Activity: 1854
Merit: 2841

All good things to those who wait

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 12:59:26 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2021, 01:58:02 PM by ivomm
Merited by BitcoinBunny (2), vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1), serveria.com (1), somac. (1), Krubster (1)

I really don't trust this dip to be sustainable. The bears spent too much coins trying to keep the price below 50K. This is their last chance for cheap coins. Breaking of 100K can be done in less than one month, solely by Microstrategy or Elon Musk, not to mentioln the expanding mass adoption. And currently two market indicators are raised as warning flags of an incoming bull run.

First, depth charts are hugely in favour of the buyers. In Bitstamp there are over 2.1KBTC in buy orders down to 41.3K, vs 291 up to 55K. Bears are now quite pissed off by that. So much efforts in twitter fake accounts, fud, etc. and now they even can't keep the pirce under 50K!  Grin

Second, RSI (14) is the lowest in more than 9 months, so it only can go up from now. And there are countless other market indicators like the BTC reserve on exchanges which continues to decrease. The possibility of reaching 100K in the next few months is quite big, IMO. And if the ETF news comes at prices near 150-200K, that would be awesome. Gold, we are coming for you!  Wink
somac.
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1196

Never selling

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 01:31:35 PM

Can't we just stay above 50k for fuck sake. I mean I don't think we will be breaking out to new ATH for a couple months but this 40s thing just seems downright depressing.

My 1 year ago self would be laughing at that comment mind you but here I am still complaining, lol.

IMO, staying at 50K$+ and wait couple of months for new ATH again, looks not so probable. If we stay above, probably we will revisit quickly the current ATH. Only +30% to go from 50K.

Well shit, I'm happy for it to get back above ATH even sooner, I just don't want the thing to go parabolic.

Maybe we can see as well a V bottom with a strong green candle bounce at 45K ? 43K ? 40K ? lower ? I think, more we will dip now, more the UP reversal will be explosive.

45k yeah possible, 43k getting real hard, 40K? I doubt it.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12083

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 01:52:06 PM

The Wall Observer is still an extremely toxic community, too.  It’s lucky for you that platinum is a corrosion-resistant metal!

Well I would argue.. it really depends on Bitcoin!!!!

Yes Bitcoin... see if Bitcoin is performing well against dollar you will see a totally changed WO community. But when Bitcoin is loosing its ground against dollar yes the community can be toxic or more like a furious angry lioness so you have to be very careful around here!!!

I don’t know about that exactly...  when btc losing value in dollar terms, then the WO thread is a very famous place for FUD-tards, bear-tards, alt-tards, low level human being-tards, NOcoiners etc

We have to be toxic against some of those for the readers in the dark.... people are easily being mis guided in a DIP and it’s pity it’s been done from people not understanding, not knowing, not believing BTC....

But imo the REAL WO’s aren’t toxic when BTC dips.

Just my humble opinion

Dips here and there still acceptable WO can tolerate.... but dip stairs.... hell no!!!

Been here more as a whole bearmarket.... I now what I’m saying  Kiss
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 2494

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 01:59:30 PM

I really don't trust this dip to be sustainable. The bears spent too much coins trying to keep the price below 50K. This is their last chance for cheap coins. Breaking of 100K can be done in less than one month, solely by Microstrategy or Elon Musk, not to mentioln the expanding mass adoption. And currently two market indicators are raised as warning flags of an incoming bull run.

First, depth charts are hugely in favour of the buyers (In Bitstamp there are over 2.1KBTC in buy orders down to 41.3K, vs 291 up to 55K. Bears are now quite pissed off by that. So much efforts in twitter fake accounts, fud, etc. and now they even can't keep the pirce under 50K!  Grin

Second, RSI (14) is the lowest in more than 9 months, so it only can go up from now. And there are countless other market indicators like the BTC reserve on exchanges which continues to decrease. The possibility of reaching 100K in the next few months is quite big, IMO. And if the ETF news comes at prices near 150-200K, that would be awesome. Gold, we are coming for you!  Wink

Also transaction fees are finally coming down due to whatever was going on in China and the fear sell off transactions all finally getting processed and mempool freeing up.

We could see major price pumpage as we leave April and head into May.

BitcoinBunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 02:07:05 PM

I hate when people use this argument, like if you actually cared you'd be vegan already, considering that the meat industry is responsible for 30% of the worlds carbon emissions

How many people die mining gold vs mining Bitcoin. That's enough of an argument to favour a digital asset over a wasteful dangerous physical mining operation done by poor slaves, just for some bars to end up in a vault somewhere. There is more than enough gold mined already to be used for industries for centuries.
It should be considered a worthless asset as it's too dangerous and too polluting to mine.

If people gave a shit about the environment they should be promoting free birth control, mostly in poorer countries.
India has more than doubled in population over my lifetime.
That's completely ridiculous.
Thanos would have to come back several times each century with his snap carry on.
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2021, 02:11:54 PM

There is more than enough gold mined already to be used for industries for centuries.
It should be considered a worthless asset as it's too dangerous and too polluting to mine.
When talking about Bitcoin, I often hear the argument: "What if a whale sells everything, the price would drop!". With gold, I've never seen anyone worry about that, while most of the gold is owned by very few entities.

I enjoy watching Goldrush Alaska, don't take that away Cheesy
BitcoinBunny
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 02:17:55 PM

There is more than enough gold mined already to be used for industries for centuries.
When talking about Bitcoin, I often hear the argument: "What if a whale sells everything, the price would drop!". With gold, I've never seen anyone worry about that, while most of the gold is owned by very few entities.

The fact we are still hovering around 50K after a week of panic I think that the whale argument becomes less of an issue over time. We probably would see a 350-250k drop I bet, something as ridiculous like that but we will never see prices where an average individual can just hoard a stack of coins in one go without major available colorectal on their side. Doubt we will ever see < $40K again. But don't quote me on that.
Sure, the initial Satoshi coins would have a huge impact but those will probably never move as most people believe.
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 2940

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 02:24:41 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Satoshi is gone for good. If he wanted to cash out, he'd have cashed out already. If he wanted to reassure the world that those coins are gone, he'd burn them by moving them to some known black hole address. The fact that the coins are still there after all that happened with bitcoin and finance and multiteradollar marketcap can have two explanations:

1 - Satoshi is gone for good
2 - Satoshi likes to keep bitcoiners on their toes

I lean towards 1.

shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 02:31:21 PM

Exactly just last night I was discussing with a friend and he was asking how Bitcoin will work in a long run if fees are so high and transactions so slow. And I told him the thing I have been telling people that you never use gold to buy a coffee. If you want to buy some gold tell me how much fee you pay. That’s what Bitcoin is going to take over, store of value batter than gold and eventually fees also lesser than gold.
rolling

Activity: 824
Merit: 712

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 02:39:58 PM
Merited by Arriemoller (1)

10 friends go out every day for dinner. The bill would be SEK 1,000. The bill was divided in the same way that taxes are paid. The first four - (the poorest) pay nothing; - the 5th pays SEK 10 - the 6th pays SEK 30 - the 7th SEK 70 - the 8th SEK 120 - the 9th SEK 180 - The 10th person (the richest) pays SEK 590.
The ten friends ate dinner at the restaurant every day, happy with the deal. Until one day, when the owner of the restaurant gave them a discount. “You are such good customers. I give you SEK 200 off your dinners. ” Dinner for 10 people now costs SEK 800.

They still wanted to pay for the dinner the way taxes are paid in Sweden. The first four people were not affected. They were allowed to continue eating for free. But what would the other 6 do - those who paid? How would they divide the discount of SEK 200 so that everyone would get their share? They realized that SEK 200 divided by 6 would be SEK 33.33. But if they deducted it from each person's share, the 5th and 6th person would be paid to eat. The restaurant owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each person's bill proportionately. He calculated the amounts each person would pay:

The result was that the 5th person also got to eat for free - the 6th had to pay SEK 20 - the 7th paid SEK 50 - the 8th SEK 90 - the 9th SEK 120 - the 10th person paid SEK 520 instead of the previous SEK 590. Everyone got a lower price than before and now the first five could eat for free. Outside the restaurant, they began to compare what they had saved. "I only earned a tenth of the discount!", The 6th person began. He pointed to the 10th person, "… but he earned 70 kroner !!!" - "Exactly, I also only saved ten", said the 5th person. "It's unfair that he got seven times as much as I did!"
"It's true!" Shouted the 7th person. “Why should he get SEK 70 back when I only got SEK 20? The rich always gets the most! ”-“ Wait a minute ”, shouted the first four,“ We ​​got nothing! This system exploits us poor! ”

The nine people scolded the 10th and called him a cold-hearted egoist, a capitalist pig, a bloodsucker who kicks those who lie down. The next night, the 10th person didn't come to dinner. The other nine said " how nice", sat down and ate. When the bill came, they discovered something. They couldn't pay it. SEK 520 was missing.

10th friend owns all 9 houses his friend live in and collects rent from them. He has more total wealth than his other 9 friends combined. On top of that every year 10th friend amasses more and more % of over all wealth, as the other nine own less and less. So the other 9 friends get together and say remember how things were more even with the tax rate 30yrs ago? Yeah lets make sure not come back to that as current trend is totally sustainable, instead let's just blame the friend who's poorer then you. 10th friend doesn't do anything and just buys more land

Plot twist, back in high school, 9 friends screwed around smoking weed all day and gave the 10th friend wedgies for always doing his homework on time. Now they are all grown up and they want to go back to how things were 30 years ago when they weren't such losers. They want to fuck around and make their hard working friend pay for it.

Taking stuff away from successful people to give it to less successful people is called socialism. Just because you can beat someone up and take their money doesn't mean it's a good way to run a society. It's immoral and has never worked in any country that has tried it. It doesn't help the poor people, it just hurts the rich people. Poor people will always be poor because they don't know how to be rich or are just unmotivated.

You seem to be missing my argument so let me spell it out. I'm saying that, we have a runaway unsustainable indicator, wealth distribution is flashing red, we're at historical levels we've never been before, and trend continues in the wrong direction.

1st level resposes- It's not an issue, despite the fact that overall population is more educated then ever before, poor people are just lazy druggies, lets push the pedal to the metal. Anyone proposing solution to freeze distribution disparity at current levels or god forbid attempt to bring it back in line with what it was in the 70s is a dirty red commie bastard, and better be dead than red. <-- this is the group you seem to fall into

2nd level-yes it's an issue but we still have some wiggle room and the situation is not as dire as you make it out to be. We believe in solution X and are willing to keep the current trend hostage, keep the trend going until 1% owns Y% of total wealth or our solution is adopted

...or maybe those are very narrow and short sighted categorizations that very few people fit into. The issue is more complicated. I think you know that and are just playing dumb to justify the socialist talking points.

The bottom 50% of humans currently have more wealth that any other time in history. The ones with a socialist agenda are using "wealth inequality" as a rallying cry to push their agenda which will tear down what the world has achieved. They use other rallying cries such as racism, sexism, hatred, etc. The goal is the same. Tear down our current system and build a new system (socialism) where everyone is "equal in outcome" despite their individual talents or efforts.

This is not a new thing. Societies have tried socialism over and over throughout history because it seems like the "fair" thing to do and it has always failed miserably. It's pure evil and you should be ashamed to be a part of it.

A wildly successful economy will have some wildly successful people and that should be celebrated rather than attacked. Nobody is building citadels. Most of that wealth sits in the companies everyone works for and benefits from.

The agenda you're pushing will not achieve what you think it will. The more likely outcome is collapse of the system that everyone is benefiting from.

It's not your fault you think like you do. I'm sure some well intentioned people thought they were doing you a favor by teaching you what they did, but it's a deeply flawed ideology. At some point you have to start thinking for yourself instead of just regurgitating the socialist talking points without any other analysis or insight.
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2506
Merit: 12083

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 03:08:04 PM

This is starting to play out scary close.
#Bitcoin 

https://twitter.com/therationalroot/status/1385342632755335173?s=21
LoyceV
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2021, 03:11:42 PM

Satoshi is gone for good. If he wanted to cash out, he'd have cashed out already. If he wanted to reassure the world that those coins are gone, he'd burn them by moving them to some known black hole address. The fact that the coins are still there after all that happened with bitcoin and finance and multiteradollar marketcap can have two explanations:

I lean towards 1.
Third option: Satoshi is in jail.
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 03:45:54 PM
Merited by Toxic2040 (1)

I lean towards 1.

No way none of above... Bitcoin is his baby he won’t be using his millions of bitcoins to manipulate the price in any way whether positive or negative. Bitcoin will speak for itself this is the success of Bitcoin and Satoshi. Yes he would have been chasing out in chunks big or small for expenses because after all world still runs on fiat.

I believe he’s still around us if he’s able to hide his identity for the first time he can do it again. May be he’s around us and may be among us but with different identity or identities.

More I will add that every one of us is Satoshi, everyone who’s supporting or advocating Bitcoin in one way or other is a Satoshi it self.
gembitz

Activity: 1834
Merit: 639

*Brute force will solve any Bitcoin problem*

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 04:11:45 PM

I lean towards 1.

there must be a not so hidden message in those blocks! Wink lolzzz
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4326
Merit: 3536

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 04:34:33 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), Toxic2040 (1)

I don’t know about that exactly...  when btc losing value in dollar terms, then the WO thread is a very famous place for FUD-tards, bear-tards, alt-tards, low level human being-tards, NOcoiners etc

i am INSULTED. you did not mention the category i fit in: shitposter.

maybe edit your post to include.. shit-tards? is that a thing?
Krubster

Activity: 355
Merit: 717

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 04:36:08 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (18), LoyceV (4), JayJuanGee (1), Torque (1), ivomm (1), Toxic2040 (1), cM0 (1)

Let's have a look at the charts and compare it to the 2017 bull market -- and more specifically the 20 week moving average (in my charts below I use daily candles to get a better resolution together with 140 daily MA, but that's the same as 20W MA (140D / 7D = 20W)).

In 2017, after BTC broke its previous ATH, the price touched the 20W MA three times (blue line) before the blow-off top at ~$20k (see 1, 2, and 3 @ 2017).

In the current bull market, BTC has yet to touch the 20W MA. However, we are pretty close now with the 20W MA at ~$45,000 (see 6 @ 2021).

I'm not saying that the price is going to behave exactly as it did back in 2017, but it can give us an indicator of what to expect. This recent downtrend is nothing out of the ordinary.

Mid-May to mid-July 2017 looks awfully lot like today. Back then the price consolidated between ~$2,000 to $3,000 for two months. After that, it dumped quickly to ~$1800 before reaching new heights. Today the price has consolidated between $50,000 to $60,000 for two months, and just recently it dumped below $50,000.

Other trading tools are also indicating that this is near the bottom. If we look at the daily RSI for instance, It only dropped below 30 two times in 2017 (see 4 and 5 @ 2017). Today it's at 32 (see 7 @ 2021) and the lowest it has been since the Covid dump last year (just like ivomm mentioned in his post).

Apart from TA, on-chain analysts suggest this is the bottom as well, such as CryptoQuant, Glassnode and Willy Woo.

We might not have seen the absolute bottom yet, but I bet this price below $50,000 is going to be short lived.
Krubster

Activity: 355
Merit: 717

View Profile
April 24, 2021, 04:41:44 PM

I lean towards 1.

I really doubt it's Paul le Roux. My bet is on option one. R.I.P Hal Finney.
Pages: « 1 ... 28480 28481 28482 28483 28484 28485 28486 28487 28488 28489 28490 28491 28492 28493 28494 28495 28496 28497 28498 28499 28500 28501 28502 28503 28504 28505 28506 28507 28508 28509 28510 28511 28512 28513 28514 28515 28516 28517 28518 28519 28520 28521 28522 28523 28524 28525 28526 28527 28528 28529 [28530] 28531 28532 28533 28534 28535 28536 28537 28538 28539 28540 28541 28542 28543 28544 28545 28546 28547 28548 28549 28550 28551 28552 28553 28554 28555 28556 28557 28558 28559 28560 28561 28562 28563 28564 28565 28566 28567 28568 28569 28570 28571 28572 28573 28574 28575 28576 28577 28578 28579 28580 ... 33337 »
  Print  

Jump to: