May 02, 2024, 06:28:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28777 28778 28779 28780 28781 28782 28783 28784 28785 28786 28787 28788 28789 28790 28791 28792 28793 28794 28795 28796 28797 28798 28799 28800 28801 28802 28803 28804 28805 28806 28807 28808 28809 28810 28811 28812 28813 28814 28815 28816 28817 28818 28819 28820 28821 28822 28823 28824 28825 28826 [28827] 28828 28829 28830 28831 28832 28833 28834 28835 28836 28837 28838 28839 28840 28841 28842 28843 28844 28845 28846 28847 28848 28849 28850 28851 28852 28853 28854 28855 28856 28857 28858 28859 28860 28861 28862 28863 28864 28865 28866 28867 28868 28869 28870 28871 28872 28873 28874 28875 28876 28877 ... 33316 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26371014 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 02:01:26 AM

Explanation
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 02:06:19 AM

Why not a adjustable limit based on a previous median timeframe?

Because on top of compromising decentralization for usability (the degree of compromise can and has been argued to death, and no there's no free lunch here) it introduces new attack vectors

Could you link that explanation for me, I'm not aware of how compromising decentralization could happen in this instance?

I'm usually pretty good at identifying attack vectors but I don't see the one here.
stelee68

Activity: 684
Merit: 19

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 02:29:26 AM

Do you guys know about the Binance CFO that quit and left Binance within 24 hours yesterday (10th June)?

I wonder does it have any effect on the market pricing, did it caused the btc dip despite the good news from El Salvador?

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 03:01:36 AM

Explanation
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 2116

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 03:19:58 AM

I have no numbers to present. I am just spitballing and am trying to figure out the root of why this hasn't been fixed as it seems to be a pretty academic problem.

I would think that having an agreed upon median would allow the algo to stabilize itself depending on market forces.

This is the first time I have known that this was the issue and appreciate Marcus boiling it down so nicely.

Oh and obviously a limit is just to stop bloat and spam attacks but a dynamic exponential cost seems to be a effective method of mitigation afa that goes.

Yes. Note that when I wrote "you" I was using the rhetorical "you" and not referring to you specifically.

*I don't know what "foot-binding" is.

Binding feet when young to restrict the growth in older ages. Some cultures find this attractive but it deforms the feet and is quite grotesque.
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2778
Merit: 1791

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 03:25:34 AM
Merited by philipma1957 (3), cAPSLOCK (1), JayJuanGee (1)

Because on top of compromising decentralization for usability (the degree of compromise can and has been argued to death, and no there's no free lunch here) it introduces new attack vectors

Could you link that explanation for me, I'm not aware of how compromising decentralization could happen in this instance?

I'm usually pretty good at identifying attack vectors but I don't see the one here.

Ugh this again, it's rather simple, but lets try a flow chart

Code:
-nodes matter to decentralization                                             -------------NO---> go to: Faketoshi and BSv
       |
      YES
       |
      \|/
-larger capacity leads to higher resource use                                        ------NO---> go to: math class
       |
      YES
      \|/
-raising resource reqs eliminates minimum req nodes (Pis can't handle 100mb blocks)    ----NO---> go to: math class
       |
      YES
      \|/
-Less nodes, less decentralization   -NO-> go to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decentralization
       |
      YES
      \|/
-Voilà

Some big blockers went full retard and argued for unlimited blocks, enter Faketoshi with his enterprise data center nodes
Other like Richy_T argues for cost/benefit compromise, for multiple reasons market decided against this thus here we are
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 03:32:02 AM

... whatever scheme you think you can up with imposing a new limit ( a dynamic limit is the same problem which you seem to have ignored since the dynamic limit also needs to have it's own limit) you'll need a hard fork for that .... and after the bigblockers contaminated all further possibilities of hard-forks with disingenuity, arguing in bad faith and various political machinations that split the development and mining community, I can confidently say bitcoin, as we know it, will never have another hard fork, i.e. any fork will be forked off by opportunists into new coins and the un-hardforked coin will always be known as bitcoin.

The big blockers acted with good faith all along. You need to revisit your history. They tried arguing and had their voices silenced. They tried reaching agreements and had them reneged on. They had their developers excommunicated and slandered and their mods removed or demoted. They've been lied to and gaslighted endlessly by certain Core devs.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10196

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 03:32:42 AM

Binding feet when young to restrict the growth in older ages. Some cultures find this attractive but it deforms the feet and is quite grotesque.

Surely NOT a good example when talking about bitcoin development, and consensus kinds of decisions that are reached in bitcoin including open allowances for submitting of BIPs and getting discussion on any proposed changes.  The foot-binding example might well be helpful if you want to exaggerate in order to try to attract emotional attention to matters that should NOT be emotional.

... whatever scheme you think you can up with imposing a new limit ( a dynamic limit is the same problem which you seem to have ignored since the dynamic limit also needs to have it's own limit) you'll need a hard fork for that .... and after the bigblockers contaminated all further possibilities of hard-forks with disingenuity, arguing in bad faith and various political machinations that split the development and mining community, I can confidently say bitcoin, as we know it, will never have another hard fork, i.e. any fork will be forked off by opportunists into new coins and the un-hardforked coin will always be known as bitcoin.

The big blockers acted with good faith all along.

Bullshit.  Many of the BIGblockers gave no shits about the issues, they just wanted to try to make it easier to make changes to bitcoin..

You gotta be fucking naive as fuck Richy_T if you believe that BIGblockers were actually going through their bullshit in good faith.

You need to revisit your history.

Oh my... why review it?  My memory still works.

They tried arguing and had their voices silenced.

I don't think so.

They got at least a year, and they just got worse and worse and worse.

Remember in late 2015, Peter wuille came up with a compromise (which was segwit), and for about 6 months (while segwit was coded and tested), there was a lot of consensus that it was great, but then with the passage of time, the disingenuine BIG blocker fucktwats just started to make up other shit about various disagreements they had with it.. .

They tried reaching agreements and had them reneged on.

You can make up any shit that you want... but you just sound bitter and resentful and crying over spilt milk..   It's already spilt.

They had their developers excommunicated and slandered and their mods removed or demoted. They've been lied to and gaslighted endlessly by certain Core devs.

Poor widdle tingilies... Sounds like made-up and exaggerated bullshit to me. 
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7824

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2021, 03:36:03 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2021, 03:52:59 AM by philipma1957

Ugh this again, it's rather simple, but lets try a flow chart

Code:
-nodes matter to decentralization                                             -------------NO---> go to: Faketoshi and BSv
       |
      YES
       |
      \|/
-larger capacity leads to higher resource use                                        ------NO---> go to: math class
       |
      YES
      \|/
-raising resource reqs eliminates minimum req nodes (Pis can't handle 100mb blocks)    ----NO---> go to: math class
       |
      YES
      \|/
-Less nodes, less decentralization   -NO-> go to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Decentralization
       |
      YES
      \|/
-Voilà

Some big blockers went full retard and argued for unlimited blocks, enter Faketoshi with his enterprise data center nodes
Other like Richy_T argues for cost/benefit compromise, for multiple reasons market decided against this thus here we are

pretty good break down.

in hardware a new apollo for sale mines a little bit and runs a full node soon to be lightening node.

it is small nice piece a gear and thousands have been sold.
i did a youtube
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iDtEkXawuN4&feature=youtu.be

the builders thread:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5314398.0

these cheap nodes that mine at a small profit can be in 10 thousand homes.

building a super node with 32mb blocks would mean using 8tb ssds in arrays

you would need more than 300mb internet speed.

I loaded a node/wallet on a thread ripper about 18 months ago

used a threadripper 3970 with 128gb ram

used 200mb internet and a 2tb nvme m.2 ssd

took 2 hours to synch it.

the time was 2 hours due to a 100mb switch I downloaded at a constant 80-90mb. it was about 300gb

but if we had a 32mb block thread it would be 16x the size
take 32 hours to download
and use 4.8tb

if it were a 96mb block
it takes 96 hours to download

and use 13.4tb

so that would mean at least two 8tb ssds in an array to give 16tb
maybe the 2000 usd threadripper the 3970 is good enough
maybe the 128gb ram is enough.

but I would need to have built a 9 k rig to do a node.
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 03:43:06 AM

Surely NOT a good example when talking about bitcoin development, and consensus kinds of decisions that are reached in bitcoin including open allowances for submitting of BIPs and getting discussion on any proposed changes.  The foot-binding example might well be helpful if you want to exaggerate in order to try to attract emotional attention to matters that should NOT be emotional.

No analogy bears too close a scrutiny.

Perhaps a better question would be "Assuming that we need a limit, what should that limit be". I would suggest that we should probably be at 16MB currently (which, note, does not mean that we will certainly have 16MB blocks) but I think we should be willing to consider expanding on that as we go.

Going from 1->2MB in 2015 would have allowed us to cautiously observe how such an expansion affected Bitcoin in a fairly controlled way. It would even have been possible to roll things back should it have affected things negatively (actually a soft fork). There's really nothing scary about 12MB/hr other than the n^2 issue with validating transactions with large number of inputs (and that had a work-around and has been solved since).

Marcus is wrong in saying that big blockers have locked Bitcoin in against forks. That was the outcome of Core refusing to take small steps or even entertain the discussion. It has also exposed a very strong centralization issue around Bitcoin's governance (though it's not clear that could have been avoided).
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 03:50:25 AM

Remember in late 2015, Peter wuille came up with a compromise (which was segwit), and for about 6 months (while segwit was coded and tested), there was a lot of consensus that it was great, but then with the passage of time, the disingenuine BIG blocker fucktwats just started to make up other shit about various disagreements they had with it.. .

Segwit was presented as something that it wasn't. As people looked more and more into it, the problems became clear. It wasn't on-chain scaling. It increased the size per transaction, it moved certain parts of the transaction off-chain, it messed with the cost model of transactions, it required major changes to nodes and wallets and it didn't provide the increase in capacity promised. Even today, it only adds 30% to the paltry 1MB in actual use because lies and gaslighting. Yes, people weren't happy with this. Though I don't know why I'm having to go over this, you've got perfect memory of it all, right?

You can make up any shit that you want... but you just sound bitter and resentful and crying over spilt milk..   It's already spilt.

Just putting the record straight. But yes, doesn't make much difference now. "Big blockers" just wanted a bit of organic on-chain scaling while Bitcoin is in its growth phase. Though CSW is a tit who should be in jail.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 03:59:48 AM

No analogy bears too close a scrutiny.

Perhaps a better question would be "Assuming that we need a limit, what should that limit be". I would suggest that we should probably be at 16MB currently (which, note, does not mean that we will certainly have 16MB blocks) but I think we should be willing to consider expanding on that as we go.

Going from 1->2MB in 2015 would have allowed us to cautiously observe how such an expansion affected Bitcoin in a fairly controlled way. It would even have been possible to roll things back should it have affected things negatively (actually a soft fork). There's really nothing scary about 12MB/hr other than the n^2 issue with validating transactions with large number of inputs (and that had a work-around and has been solved since).

Marcus is wrong in saying that big blockers have locked Bitcoin in against forks. That was the outcome of Core refusing to take small steps or even entertain the discussion. It has also exposed a very strong centralization issue around Bitcoin's governance (though it's not clear that could have been avoided).

Seems to me that your ongoing persistence on this topic strives to presume that something is actually broken in bitcoin, and that is not true.

If you want to make a proposal to change something that is already existing, then you have the burden to provide evidence to support your claims as to why such change is needed and preferable over the status quo and also to provide the logic and argument to persuade why a change is needed. 

If you cannot meet your burden of  proof (evidence) and burden of persuasion (logic) then the status quo continues.  Big blockers had the same problem in 2015/2016, and then even after a proposal was passed, coded and then tested, they changed their minds and said that they did not like it, but they did not present another proposal that was able to reach consensus... segwit reached consensus and those various block limit increase proposals did not get accepted then, and it seems even more doubtful that they will get accepted now because bitcoin seems to be working even better than it was working in 2015-2017 as far as I can see... -  unless you can provide evidence and logic to convince me otherwise, and actually who gives any shits what I think submit your BIP and go through the official channels so that your dumbass ideas that lack both evidence and logic can get discussed and agreed to.

In other words, why agree to a change that is not agreed to and you are not even going through the proper channels to try to get such a change considered... in other words, no one gives any fucks about your made up claims and  your whining about history in which you supposedly were not heard because that BIP system was there all along, and there was not evidence and logic to persuade.. and then the nonsense did get implemented on those other bullshit bcash chains, and wonder why no one is using those superior BIG block systems?  Surely not superior nor a better mouse trap because if it were true, after nearly 4 years for one of the bcash pieces of crap and nearly 3 years for the other bcash crap, you would think that those  BIG blocker versions of bitcoin would gain some traction besides just being scams?  Go figure why they have never amounted to shit, except means to deceive, confuse and mislead people (especially newbies) about bitcoin?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 04:01:26 AM

Explanation
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4116
Merit: 7824

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2021, 04:03:57 AM

but you can now buy a used small form factor like a dell for 200 bucks.

toss in 32gb ram.

a 2 tb ssd and probably go up to a 4 mb block. as long as you have at least 100mbs internet.

beyond that block size you need more power and faster internet.

but a pc with 128gb ram

i7 core

4tb ssd and 200mbs internet

starts to become costly.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3808
Merit: 4891

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 04:12:50 AM
Merited by Richy_T (1)

With what I was describing it could be set in the variables that 100mb blocks would be completely cost prohibited. Did you even read what I wrote? Maybe I should flow chart it for you so that you can grasp the variables that would make such a system live within a specific set of rules all of which are taken from a previous set of rules that already exist and therefore follow a similar trend without having the ability to change rapidly.

Nevermind after reading the responses its apparent this subject still can't be talked about without insults flying around.
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 04:31:07 AM
Last edit: June 11, 2021, 04:44:09 AM by Richy_T

If you cannot meet your burden of  proof (evidence) and burden of persuasion (logic) then the status quo continues.  Big blockers had the same problem in 2015/2016, and then even after a proposal was passed, coded and then tested, they changed their minds and said that they did not like it, but they did not present another proposal that was able to reach consensus... segwit reached consensus and those various block limit increase proposals did not get accepted then, and it seems even more doubtful that they will get accepted now because bitcoin seems to be working even better than it was working in 2015-2017 as far as I can see... -  unless you can provide evidence and logic to convince me otherwise, and actually who gives any shits what I think submit your BIP and go through the official channels so that your dumbass ideas that lack both evidence and logic can get discussed and agreed to.

Yes, one voice going it alone would make all the difference. It's not like they kicked Gavin out of the repository where previously he was previously the head maintainer. Except they did with a bullshit excuse.

Look, there's a discussion to be had and I'm going to say my piece. Just get over it. We can go back to your regularly scheduled walls of nonsense shortly. It only comes up every 2-3 months and doesn't last long.

In other words, why agree to a change that is not agreed to and you are not even going through the proper channels to try to get such a change considered... in other words, no one gives any fucks about your made up claims and  your whining about history in which you supposedly were not heard because that BIP system was there all along, and there was not evidence and logic to persuade.. and then the nonsense did get implemented on those other bullshit bcash chains, and wonder why no one is using those superior BIG block systems?  Surely not superior nor a better mouse trap because if it were true, after nearly 4 years for one of the bcash pieces of crap and nearly 3 years for the other bcash crap, you would think that those  BIG blocker versions of bitcoin would gain some traction besides just being scams?  Go figure why they have never amounted to shit, except means to deceive, confuse and mislead people (especially newbies) about bitcoin?

Why are we talking about "shitcoins"? Are you trying to trap me into talking about them so you can accuse me of shilling for them? Hard fail on that. Not relevant. We are talking about Bitcoin here. The negatives of restricting the block size so small continue to bring about things like high fees and potentially worse, unpredictable fees. The stories of the problems these cause people are real.

You gotta learn to be able to cope with dissenting voices without spinning off into a hissy-fit. Why does it threaten you so much?

[By the way, you do know that BIPs are very centralized, right? This is a major problem I have with the small blocker side, they're quite happy with centralization when it suits them and it tends to only be a concern in hand-wavy ways when it is]

Moreover, I was responding to Hueristic's post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg57204534#msg57204534 . If you're trying to silence my voice, then fuck you and you have no right to poo-poo my statements about others being silenced with an attitude like that.
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 04:42:22 AM

but you can now buy a used small form factor like a dell for 200 bucks.

toss in 32gb ram.

a 2 tb ssd and probably go up to a 4 mb block. as long as you have at least 100mbs internet.

beyond that block size you need more power and faster internet.

but a pc with 128gb ram

i7 core

4tb ssd and 200mbs internet

starts to become costly.

That first PC is already plenty beefy. Pruning can reduce the storage requirements and UTXO checkpoints (if added) even moreso It's pretty much the specs of my VR rig (not including the GPU). If you want a record of every transaction on the chain, even spent ones, you'd need extra storage but that's niche for most people and not horribly expensive if you do.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 05:22:20 AM

Segwit was presented as something that it wasn't.

At this point, who fucking cares?   The ideas went through the BIP process in late 2015 and early 2016, code was written, reviewed and tested in early 2016 and middle of 2016, and in about November 2016 the segwit code was included and able to signal.. and had a year to either signal (wasn't it 95%?) or to have to be taken out after November 2017.. Anyhow, various shenanigans and proposals happened in 2017, and by August 2017, the code had achieved 95% signaling and it was locked in and activated in August 2017.  In other words, the code reached the 95% needed consensus.

Since August of 2017, there has been a lot of building on segwit, so if you want it reversed or modified, you have to go through the same or a similar consensus process to get it reversed or modified.  That's not going to happen because it seems to be doing its thing, it is getting built upon, and there is nothing broken about it, as far as I know (or care for that matter).

As people looked more and more into it, the problems became clear. It wasn't on-chain scaling. It increased the size per transaction, it moved certain parts of the transaction off-chain, it messed with the cost model of transactions, it required major changes to nodes and wallets and it didn't provide the increase in capacity promised.

So what?  It was passed in August 2017 by more than 95% consensus.  It is now part of bitcoin, and people have been building and developing upon it for nearly 4 years.

Even today, it only adds 30% to the paltry 1MB in actual use because lies and gaslighting.

So the 95% consensus was not real?  the 95% consensus did not happen?  or you are saying that peeps were tricked into agreeing to it, so it was fraudulent consensus?  What is the solution?  nullify segwit?  Does not seem very realistic to me.  Aren't we trying to deal with real scenarios rather than whining about past "could have beens"?

Yes, people weren't happy with this.

Sure there were a lot of vocal whiners that got increasingly loud starting in about 2017, and even continued quite a while after 2017 - even after they got their own lil forkening..  and sure there are still some straggler whiners, like ur lil selfie, Richy_T.

Though I don't know why I'm having to go over this,

You are going over it because you are bitter, and you cannot get over it.

you've got perfect memory of it all, right?

I doubt that my memory is perfect, yet who fucking cares what I remember.  If you believe that the history is relevant to getting whatever change that you would like to achieve, then pray tell.  You have the burdens of showing how that might be relevant, and maybe proposing what you would like to do about that now in order that we are going to be able to move forward rather than either whining about the past or whining about how our memories of the past might differ in various ways (that are supposedly relevant to current material issues, perhaps?).

You can make up any shit that you want... but you just sound bitter and resentful and crying over spilt milk..   It's already spilt.
Just putting the record straight.

I doubt that you put anything straight.  You just stated some various renditions regarding reasons that you believe that you and your fellow BIG blockers are supposedly victims of injustices.

But yes, doesn't make much difference now.

It only seems to make a difference in the sense that you want to keep talking about it.

"Big blockers" just wanted a bit of organic on-chain scaling while Bitcoin is in its growth phase.

That argument seemed to have lost.  Segwit passed, but there was nothing like increasing the blocks that passed... so some of the diptwats decided to fork off into bcash.. which later forked again into bcash sv.. and both of those were opportunities to put your nonsense BIG blocker ideas to work.  From what I understand those to pieces of shit coins are just like bitcoin, except that they have BIG blocks.. What else could you want?

Though CSW is a tit who should be in jail.

What does that have to do with anything related to bitcoin?  He's some dweeb involved in a shitcoin.. that happens to espouse your ideas of BIG blocks.  I am having some troubles understanding what point(s) if any you are wanting to make except whining about history that is long in the past.  Is there any modern day reason to discuss, including in this here thread?

If you cannot meet your burden of  proof (evidence) and burden of persuasion (logic) then the status quo continues.  Big blockers had the same problem in 2015/2016, and then even after a proposal was passed, coded and then tested, they changed their minds and said that they did not like it, but they did not present another proposal that was able to reach consensus... segwit reached consensus and those various block limit increase proposals did not get accepted then, and it seems even more doubtful that they will get accepted now because bitcoin seems to be working even better than it was working in 2015-2017 as far as I can see... -  unless you can provide evidence and logic to convince me otherwise, and actually who gives any shits what I think submit your BIP and go through the official channels so that your dumbass ideas that lack both evidence and logic can get discussed and agreed to.

Yes, one voice going it alone would make all the difference.

I would think that part of getting consensus is to convince others to make whatever change that you are proposing.  So if you cannot convince anyone but yourself, then you are not going to get consensus in bitcoin, but you could start your own coin, I suppose.  Starting your own coin worked pretty well for Vitalik, didn't it?

It's not like they kicked Gavin out of the repository where previously he was previously the head maintainer. Except they did with a bullshit excuse.

So you are talking about something from 2016?  Not sure about what kicking out Gavin has much to do with anything that we should consider right now at this moment.  Are you trying to suggest that there is some kind of conspiracy to disallow disagreeing voices otherwise they get de-platformed?  Pretty vague accusations, if that is what you are wanting to suggest about something that happened in 2016 in terms of maybe your inability to bring something up now that is surely needed in bitcoin but you are having trouble getting your message out there?

Look, there's a discussion to be had and I'm going to say my piece. Just get over it.

I responded to you.  It's not like I am not cooperating.  I am probably your best friend, here.. because I am acknowledging what you are saying, even though I am largely proclaiming a vast amount of it to be lacking in persuasiveness.. at least so far.. .. but sure, others might differ in their opinions of your presentation of purported relevant information.

We can go back to your regularly scheduled walls of nonsense shortly. It only comes up every 2-3 months and doesn't last long.

You can bring it up every day if you want..   I am not sure how well it will go over.  I am just giving my responses .. last I checked we were in a public thread.. or at least members of the forum can post so long as they do not get their posting privileges removed.

In other words, why agree to a change that is not agreed to and you are not even going through the proper channels to try to get such a change considered... in other words, no one gives any fucks about your made up claims and  your whining about history in which you supposedly were not heard because that BIP system was there all along, and there was not evidence and logic to persuade.. and then the nonsense did get implemented on those other bullshit bcash chains, and wonder why no one is using those superior BIG block systems?  Surely not superior nor a better mouse trap because if it were true, after nearly 4 years for one of the bcash pieces of crap and nearly 3 years for the other bcash crap, you would think that those  BIG blocker versions of bitcoin would gain some traction besides just being scams?  Go figure why they have never amounted to shit, except means to deceive, confuse and mislead people (especially newbies) about bitcoin?

Why are we talking about "shitcoins"? Are you trying to trap me into talking about them so you can accuse me of shilling for them?

No.  I would prefer not to talk about shitcoins, and I believe that my above response speaks for itself in terms of why I mentioned those bcash shitcoins.

Hard fail on that. Not relevant. We are talking about Bitcoin here.

Ok.  No argument from me on that, even though I doubt that the purported "fail" is so "hard" as you are characterizing it to be, if there were any fail at all?...

The negatives of restricting the block size so small continue to bring about things like high fees and potentially worse, unpredictable fees. The stories of the problems these cause people are real.

Maybe bitcoin is not for people who are either getting damaged or they cannot find a use case for bitcoin?

You gotta learn to be able to cope with dissenting voices without spinning off into a hissy-fit. Why does it threaten you so much?

I don't remember either not coping with dissenting voices or spinning off into a hissy fit.  That's news to me.  

I do have opinions on some topics, but not sure where you get that I am feeling threatened, either.

You might need a more specific example?      I probably should just let my various posts speak for themselves rather than going into more seeming irrelevance than you already seem to be leading.

[By the way, you do know that BIPs are very centralized, right? This is a major problem I have with the small blocker side, they're quite happy with centralization when it suits them and it tends to only be a concern in hand-wavy ways when it is]

You have some kind of proposal then?  I thought that submitting a BIP would be the right way to go forward with some kinds of proposals.  My way of dealing with a lot of the matters related to bitcoin is to figure out for myself if I am going to buy any or not and how much I am going to buy, so I have not participated in the BIP process because I am already happy with various ways that I use BTC, and it seems to be working pretty good for me so far.. of course, sometimes I do have to learn new things such as how to hold my coins or where to put them.

Moreover, I was responding to Hueristic's post https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=178336.msg57204534#msg57204534 .

Again, we're in a public thread, so if you posted in the thread then anyone can respond to whatever you said or did not say or whatever any member wants to say that might be responsive to what you said or not.

If you're trying to silence my voice, then fuck you and you have no right to poo-poo my statements about others being silenced with an attitude like that.

I think that my various responses, so far, have been appropriate, adequate and within my discretion regarding what to write or not to write, and was not meant as any attempt to silence you or your bot, even if i believe you said a lot of dumb, whining about the past and irrelevant things, and even though I believe that you have failed and refused to provide evidence or logic why any of us should give any shits about your vague BIGblocker supposedly in good faith ongoing nonsense.  You still have rights to continue to say such ongoingly dumb things, and maybe after a while some of us might start to accuse you of trying to derail or shill the thread with such ongoing nonsense rather than really contributing anything of value... but then hey what are you shilling besides bitcoin naysaying and BIG blocker nonsense?  maybe it will start to make sense at some point, perhaps? perhaps? but I am having my doubts since you kind of seem to be stuck in the past nonsense and get stuck in the weeds of irrelevancies about supposedly being locked out rather than really presenting any current problem that bitcoin has or presenting some meaningful way forward.. or that might have some resonance with anyone besides yourself or maybe even taking that to some other thread .. because we have gone through a lot of that stuff already, and it does not all of a sudden become relevant because time has past but you still do not have facts or logic to show that it is an important topic.. so it seems to me.. at least as of the time of my typing this post.
Richy_T
Legendary

View Profile
June 11, 2021, 05:28:12 AM

At this point, who fucking cares?

Quit moving the fucking goalposts*. You ask a question and when answered, you go off on another fucking tangent and act like you've made an excellent counter when you're just being a dick. If you don't care, stop replying. It's really that easy.

(For example, you say:)

So what?  It was passed in August 2017 by more than 95% consensus.  It is now part of bitcoin, and people have been building and developing upon it for nearly 4 years.

But that's irrelevant. You were stating that people were upset that segwit wasn't the block size increase (promised in the Hong Kong agreement, signed by several core devs by the way) they wanted and I explained why. That segwit was passed in 2017? True but totally besides the point.

Your walls of text often have little point but that's doubly so when you fail to maintain a coherent thread of an argument. I won't be doing this for the rest of your dribble (I need to hit the sack in any case).
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 2982
Merit: 7965

View Profile WWW
June 11, 2021, 05:46:07 AM

Man. Block confirmation times are so fucking wonky right now.

I put in a tx about 5 hours ago, set my sat/byte 3 sats above the recommended, and it still hasn't confirmed.

I've been watching it on the mempool observer. It's been above the 1 MB line every single block and still hasn't been confirmed.

All the while the mempool is falling. Its like everybody is avoiding my TX or something.

I'm ready to try something drastic like switch to big blocks.

Well OK maybe that sounds a bit crazy but somebody needs to get me the manager.
Pages: « 1 ... 28777 28778 28779 28780 28781 28782 28783 28784 28785 28786 28787 28788 28789 28790 28791 28792 28793 28794 28795 28796 28797 28798 28799 28800 28801 28802 28803 28804 28805 28806 28807 28808 28809 28810 28811 28812 28813 28814 28815 28816 28817 28818 28819 28820 28821 28822 28823 28824 28825 28826 [28827] 28828 28829 28830 28831 28832 28833 28834 28835 28836 28837 28838 28839 28840 28841 28842 28843 28844 28845 28846 28847 28848 28849 28850 28851 28852 28853 28854 28855 28856 28857 28858 28859 28860 28861 28862 28863 28864 28865 28866 28867 28868 28869 28870 28871 28872 28873 28874 28875 28876 28877 ... 33316 »
  Print  

Jump to: