May 09, 2024, 07:03:25 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28786 28787 28788 28789 28790 28791 28792 28793 28794 28795 28796 28797 28798 28799 28800 28801 28802 28803 28804 28805 28806 28807 28808 28809 28810 28811 28812 28813 28814 28815 28816 28817 28818 28819 28820 28821 28822 28823 28824 28825 28826 28827 28828 28829 28830 28831 28832 28833 28834 28835 [28836] 28837 28838 28839 28840 28841 28842 28843 28844 28845 28846 28847 28848 28849 28850 28851 28852 28853 28854 28855 28856 28857 28858 28859 28860 28861 28862 28863 28864 28865 28866 28867 28868 28869 28870 28871 28872 28873 28874 28875 28876 28877 28878 28879 28880 28881 28882 28883 28884 28885 28886 ... 33336 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26380922 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
shahzadafzal
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 2909

View Profile
June 12, 2021, 12:46:12 PM

But he drew only 17 cards.

Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1776

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 12, 2021, 01:01:27 PM

Explanation
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 3499

born once atheist

View Profile
June 12, 2021, 01:45:47 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (5)

Welcome Taproot!

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2021, 02:01:26 PM

Explanation
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3428
Merit: 4351

View Profile
June 12, 2021, 02:53:15 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (5), JayJuanGee (1), Wekkel (1), Toxic2040 (1), vroom (1)

yeah, taproot locked in. what's next in the bitcoin development pipeline?

We have Taproot/schnorr, next should be Eltoo which will improve Lightning even further. Smiley

https://medium.com/@brandonarvanaghi/breaking-down-the-bitcoin-lightning-network-eltoo-c48554f5ae02
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2021, 03:01:34 PM

Explanation
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2021, 03:14:53 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1)

I'm checking out Sphynx.chat which @jack just tweeted about.

It appears to be a way to chat over LN. I know they were working on that technology but I did not realise that it was implemented.

Does anyone know much about the tech behind it? Is it truly all living on the LN or is it reliant upon the Sphynx server?

It is truly LN native.  But there are "custodial" plans that the Sphinx folks sell.  You can run your own server.  Most of the Lightning node in a box distros offer it.

I am doing HUGE transaction volume based on this tech through my node since i have set my fees to zero when going to the podcastindex node (Adam Curry).

Breez has also implemented some crossover stuff... not the chatting, but the podcast/streaming stuff.

Very cool. Which would mean it's an uncensorable chat system...

I think it's time I set up a Lightning Node. I've just been using custodial stuff but the time has come.

My former maid just asked my wife about Bitcoin since she's from El Salvador. I need to figure out the best way for her to get paid over the LN and send it to her family without being too complicated. Strike is not available here in Panama yet.

I would be delighted to help with this.  And I have some simple suggestions.  Forgive me if you do not want them. Wink

Wallets:
Non-Custodial: Breez, Phoenix
Custodial: Wallet of Satoshi, Bluewallet

The reason to even consider a custodial wallet (for the receiving family) is for simplicity and security.  It ties your account to an email address so a lost phone is not the end of the world.  Breez backs up to google drive (I do not find this acceptable for a "grandma" level user).  Phoenix backs up to a 12 word seed.  Maybe better than Breez, but still not grandma level.  The security tradeoffs are the question here. 

It's too bad strike does not work in Panama yet because it offers several advantages.  It is tax free.  You pay in USD which avoids tax implications, and it is drop dead simple.  But since it is not an option, I would look at coinos.io.  It can be custodial, or you can point it at your own node(s).  You send it some BTC (or L-BTC) and you can just send that out over lightning to whatever wallet they choose.

Anyway, You might already have this all under your belt... but I have done a LOT of work with lightning and I know my way around it by now.

My tolerance for trade offs may also be higher than yours. I would think sending lightning size amounts of money do not need base layer type security guarantees.  I would suggest WoS for the recipient just because there is the most chance they know someone who uses it...

Anyway feel free to reach out if I can help!

I started my deep dive into Lightning Network so I will definitely have questions. I've used WoS already to at least play around with sending LN transactions as a hot wallet.
I just started looking at running a node. I watched a video on Umbrel and it seems pretty well set up. My question would be, would I be able to do some sort of custodial wallet for my friends and family that I want to help out? Like let them point to my server and they have some sort of channel on their phone wallet. In a way that they don't have access to my funds but they can use my node at no cost.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 10233

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 12, 2021, 03:19:15 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2021, 03:54:14 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by El duderino_ (2)

Number go down.

My cousin's only remaining BTFD order still stands untouched @ $30,100. It was nearly filled a few days ago...

That's for sure.. how many times can we touch $30k or almost $30k or in the ballpark of $30k before interest in that area starts to wane or it is no longer even a possibility of touching.

One problem (if we can realistically call it a problem? rather than just calling it a fact of life) continues to be that anything can happen within reason with our king d, and price movement possibilities (and ultimate happenings) are dependent upon a lot of factors that cannot be measured with any kind of "for sure" kind of assessment... so can be part of the reason that some of us might have been considering cousin BeerHoDL to be a bit of a fool, but if his order ends up filling, then all of a sudden a fool is converted into a genius..... even though probably there is a bit of luck and hopium that ends up allowing for a convergence into happenings ...

So for example, the $6k bottom of 2018 was tested 5-6 times between February and November, and some of us, including your truly, were starting to presume that our ongoing then $6k support (bottom) was invincible - until it wasn't.

I personally won't even proclaim that I started to mentally assign almost a certainty to $6k holding forever - even though I new better, so I was not shocked when it broke, even though I was kind of shocked, if that even makes sense... Maybe I could say it like this, the probability of $6k support breaking was becoming increasing and increasing improbable in the real world of what the fuck is probable, so maybe the first few times it was feeling likely to break.. so it may have gone from 65% probable of breaking, then 55%, then 50%, then 40%, then 35%, then 30%, so by the time it broke below $6k it was like less than 30% and maybe even less than 25%.... I am kind of pulling these numbers out of my ass, but hopefully you can relate to what I am saying.  And, yeah, I know that a lot of guys throw around numbers that are between 90% and 100%, but they are fucking brainwashed in how they speak... because a lot of normies speak like that too.. but anyhow, what I am trying to suggest is that even something like less than 25% is starting to seem pretty damned improbable (maybe I am getting my number wrong), so when the the thing that was not supposed to happen ends up happening, there is a kind of shock but not complete shock... Another thing that happens, is that the less than 25% odds all of a sudden turns into 100% because it actually happened, so then a lot of other considerations have to be juggled around because there are new factors that are in play, so there could be a considerable amount of time juggling to figure out the new perceptions of the world and the other things that now become more or less likely because an "important" consideration has changed.  How could any of that be "priced in"?

Anyhow, I suppose that the main point being responded to right now is that a break down to $30,066 has not happened yet (which would include passing through BeerHoDL's $30,100 - which kind of makes his number even seem more problematic.. but whatevers), and yeah we got that $31,025 from just 4 days ago... so damned close, but no cigar.

I want the price to go up, but also really want him to BTFD... So I'll be happy either way it goes.

Sounds like you have been drinking too much AlcoHoDL, AlcoHoDL.

Regardless, we all know where it will eventually go, so a little touch down on $30k won't harm anyone.

Depends on how it happens, no?  For example we have a lot of buy orders at $30k, and they get eroded away, and then more get place, and then they get eroded away.  At some point one side or the other is going to run out of money, so your hopes would be that there is a spike down to $30k or whatever, but then there might not be any more existing orders below $30k and then not enough people who have any money left to put orders below $30k.. at that point the bearwhales got their wish to come true.. because maybe they were running out of BTC to dump, too.. so after a while... they are finally able to recover all the coins that the sold in order to get down to $30k in the first place.

And, some peeps wonder why I walk around so frequently with 50/50 in my thinking, even if I am starting to feel like 51/49 or 49/51.. but sometimes not wanting to say it.

And I may also be able to BTFD. Have some fiat lying around, been thinking about it for some time, even though I've said to myself that I will try to never buy again, no need to be greedy. But $30k will surely be very tempting.

I did that too... like around $10,200 in September 2019. I had been following my regular system but really NOT injecting in any more cash into my BTC holdings, and I was largely building up cash and felt like I was building up too much cash that might as well put to work.. rather than just having it sit there....   Who would have thought that largely that extra cash that I injected in September 2019 would have taken a year before it became more clearly profitable... I don't preoccupy too much about that but sometimes we can feel that we are jumping in a decent point that takes so long to play out.. and surely I would not want a year or more for $30k to become profitable again..

Actually, I am feeling like a debby downer.. or a negative nancy because I surely do consider that we are in a great buying location, and maybe I should go out an do some hard sales (preaching) to many of the still no coiners that I know because we still seem to be in a bull market and there was a 53% correction that is still kind of hovering close to that.., at least around 45%.. .... but I am thinking that part of the reason that I do not want to go on any kind of preaching spree is because i kind of want some of those continued no coiners to get punished some more.. I mean some of them  have been getting punished ever since about $400.. so this is just some more punishment for them.. it's not like they do not know my position - even though it could be that if I held the hands of some of them a wee bit more, they would end up getting more than just a symbolic amount into BTC.. ... at the same time, I am still thinking:  "why should I be going out of my way to help out these folks who are so ongoingly reluctant to help themselves?", and holy shit if we were to go flat or down from here..  don't I just look like someone who is invested and trying to get folks to buy at the top, even though I truly believe that the top is not yet in for this cycle.  

It feels almost like a no win situation if these no coiner dweeb twats (aka normies who are not bad people) are not actually actively trying to do something and they merely want some guidance... I have been kind of thinking of a recent one, too, and gosh I spent so much time with her when BTC prices were in the $50ks.. and surely I was thinking that she was actually starting to act.. and she was even kind of asking me without my really pushing this on her, but the fact that i have not heard a peep out of her since our 3 weeks ago drop into this price arena.. causes me to believe that she is not acting to "take advantage" of this seemingly "great" spot...an especially great spot for a no coiner compared to those of us who already have a decent number of coins so we don't really have reasons to give too many shits either way if we get more coins or we don't.. either way, we likely have more coins than we really need to have... but we are not hurt by picking up a few extra here or there.. as compared with a no coiner.. who does not have shit, in terms of coins... and is likely to stay poor peep for a long time.. especially since things not going to get better without no coins.

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Ps... I'm not calling no one.   Tongue Tongue Tongue
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2386

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2021, 03:20:24 PM

Congratulations Bitcoin on implementing Taproot.

Here is a Taproot song to celebrate.
rolling

Activity: 824
Merit: 712

View Profile
June 12, 2021, 03:20:51 PM

Bitcoin 2021 Miami Conference Becomes Superspreading Event as Dozens Test Positive For COVID-19

https://twitter.com/i/events/1403126437192900608?s=09

Well, you get to see who had vaccines and who did not. Excellent data points.

Dozens out of 50,000 doesn't sound like anything newsworthy.

The vaccine provides little to no protection from COVID-19. In fact, it isn't really a vaccine at all. It may even sterilize or kill anyone who has taken it. Nobody really knows since it is experimental and did not go though the normal 5-10 year approval process. Collectively, the human race is putting all of it's faith in big pharma and the corrupt censor-happy media. What could possibly go wrong?
https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/vaccines/timeline

The CDC is now running the PCR tests for vaccinated people at a lower number of cycles (28 vs 42) to ensure the reported number of infected people is lower among the vaccinated.
https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/downloads/Information-for-laboratories-COVID-vaccine-breakthrough-case-investigation.pdf

Look at how the media is pushing the vaccine so hard and not reporting the side effects or deaths from the vaccine. They say they don't want to report on the side effects because it will discourage people from getting the vaccine but shouldn't we make up our own minds with all available information? It is looking like there will be more deaths from the vaccine than COVID by the time this is done.

Come on bitcoiners, we are supposed to be the ones who think for ourselves.

Open your eyes once again and see what is really going on.
alevlaslo

Activity: 1988
Merit: 593

View Profile
June 12, 2021, 03:25:40 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2021, 03:45:29 PM by alevlaslo

buy now or wait 15000?
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2021, 03:54:49 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), strawbs (1)

Number go down.

My cousin's only remaining BTFD order still stands untouched @ $30,100. It was nearly filled a few days ago...

I want the price to go up, but also really want him to BTFD... So I'll be happy either way it goes.

Regardless, we all know where it will eventually go, so a little touch down on $30k won't harm anyone. And I may also be able to BTFD. Have some fiat lying around, been thinking about it for some time, even though I've said to myself that I will try to never buy again, no need to be greedy. But $30k will surely be very tempting.
Don't misunderstand me but having just bought a property and being out of cash I'm also good if we hover around low prices so that I can accumulate a few satoshis down the road.
But my dear btc can do whatever, I'll never complain either way.

Surely can hear what you are saying...

when you got coins, you got options... .. so sure picking up a few more coins as the cashflow comes in would not be a bad thing, but not really a BIG deal either way.

By the way, I was doing some calculations, and I am just feeling kind of fucked, in some sense.  Don't get me wrong, either, but there are some price points that I am thinking that's just way too much money.. I gotta think of something to just spend more.. I have some ideas in mind, and maybe they will become more clear at some point.. but it seems that once a guy gets to a certain range (whether talking about 0.21 BTC, or whatever).. it can have some kinds of difficulties in figuring out what to do, exactly... but still could say, oh my, this is a 53% dip, sure I do not really need any more BTC, but hey does not hurt to pick up a few.. they are like on sale.. and just can get rid of them at any random point down the road, anyhow and the price is likely to be more...

Another by the way, the various pocket change "pick ups" of coins, are likely to be way more value than the "purportedly aggressive" investment stance of various no coiners.   I already told a few stories about some of my recent discussions of my "pocket change" considerations and discussions to a few different no coiners, and each time the no coiner eyes would be kind of bugging out in terms of my not giving hardly any shits about amounts of value that would be their whole budget...

And a final by the way: it is not even like I cannot relate to the idea of NOT having a big budget, especially when starting out,.. because I also told the story of one of my friends laughing her ass off at me, even on a repeated basis because in 2015, when I first started selling any BTC on the way up and then buying BTC on the way down (if the price were to go down), there were a lot of times that I was making like $.50 on a trade, or maybe a BIG back and forth movement might result in $3 of profits, and I said that I did not believe in employing trading programs that were free and just practice and had no value at stake, so I started out trading and trying to learn with values that were so low that even if I screwed up a whole lot of them, they would not really break the bank.. I mean maybe if I really screwed up I could end up losing a few $100, but I was trying to NOT lose anything because I was trying to set them up to be ongoingly and unflinchingly profitable no matter which way the BTC price went... or at least something that I would be happy with.  Another point that I tried to make, which seemed kind of pie in the sky theoretical to both of us, was that the amounts would automatically go up and up and up with increasing BTC prices, and so if the BTC price was only around $250 to $500 for a long time, until May of 2016 while I was engaging in my earliest stages of learning and spending a lot of times with stacking very small profits along the way.  She was having difficult times visioning the BTC price rising beyond 3 digits, and even though I had visions that were going into the mid-4 digits, my mental framework regarding where bitcoin might go were not really that much higher than hers, but I was also thinking that it was not really realistic for me to be considering prices beyond 3 digit and 4 digit areas that we had to cross first, so even if maybe I was thinking that $3k to $5k would be a kind of top area for the 2017-2018 price run, I still considered both to cross that bridge when I got there (if I got there) in terms of the how far that it might go considerations, and also even if there were a price rise into the theoretical $3k to $5k arena, that would likely (at least in theory) cause my trading numbers (and thus my profits) to get to 10x of what they were at that time, which even if we are playing around with seemingly small numbers, getting another 10x out of it started to add up to quite BIGGER numbers.. including that when the  BTC price went up, I could also envision that some of the practice and aspects of my portfolio could 3x to 5x the amounts of the value that I could use, so 10x could become 30x to 50x, but then if I wanted to put less of my value at risk, I could cut back because going to 10x and then 30x-50x might have started to feel way too aggressive (or dealing with too BIG of numbers and scary), even if it was still ONLY working with the same percentage of my BTC portfolio, overall... so, it can take quite a bit of time to get used to dealing with BIGGER numbers, merely because they are BIGGER.
bitebits
Legendary

Activity: 2211
Merit: 3178

Flippin' burgers since 1163.

View Profile
June 12, 2021, 03:58:50 PM
Merited by Toxic2040 (1)

https://twitter.com/AaronvanW/status/1403701284495110145
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2021, 04:01:26 PM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2021, 05:01:26 PM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2021, 05:05:56 PM
Last edit: June 12, 2021, 07:30:35 PM by JayJuanGee
Merited by Paashaas (1)

I thought that there were some ideas to attempt to make lightning more seemless in terms of moving back and forth.. Surely, I am mostly getting this by osmosis rather than actively researching into the matter.

That's about right.. and describes "us"... yes.. using that word on purpose.

We have Taproot/schnorr, next should be Eltoo which will improve Lightning even further. Smiley

https://medium.com/@brandonarvanaghi/breaking-down-the-bitcoin-lightning-network-eltoo-c48554f5ae02

Thanks to Paashaas -for putting a name to a face.

By the way (I seem to be into "by the ways" in recent times), my current BTC order spread is $7k between sell orders and buy orders, and my increments are $1k once the first buy/sell order is executed.. In other words, if the BTC price were to keep going in the same direction, then another buy/sell order keeps executing every $1k.  My increments are pretty much the same (after the first order is hit) whether the BTC price is going up or down.  ... So once the order fills, let's say a sell order for example, then a new buy order would be set $1k up from the highest buy order in the spread (which is also $6k down from that same executed sell order), and the next sell order, if the BTC price were to continue UP, would execute (or get filled) upon the BTC price going up and additional $1k.  I  wonder if any of this makes sense to anyone else besides those who are attempting to employ similar kinds of somewhat consistent staggered laddering practices?

I have maintained $6k/$7k spreads and around $1k increments for quite a bit of time now (even though I had graduated to $3,333 increments, I also got demoted back down to $1k increments), and so what that means is that since the price had been into the $50k/$60ks, the spreads and increments did not feel too far apart (as a percentage), but with a near halvening of the BTC price (down to $30k-ish), both the spreads and the increments are feeling a wee bit moar BIGGER (relatively speaking).. and since I am largely trying to ballpark this anyhow, that is o.k. with me to end up having less filling of orders activities, even though some feelings of boredom does creep in from time to time, too..  

Sometimes I am thinking.. patience, patience, patience (young padawan) - let the BTC price come to me.. let the price come to me.. ... and surely there have to be some advantages to the non-triggering of BTC orders, right?  

This is what I have been aspiring to, right?  

Aspiring to a kind of "stability" and aspiring to having to work less, but still having value to draw from the pot (of BTC) at any desired time, right?

"We"(royal of course) have made it, no?  

"We"(royal of course) are winning, no?
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
June 12, 2021, 05:38:24 PM
Merited by Paashaas (1)

Parazyd

Activity: 812
Merit: 587

Space Lord

View Profile WWW
June 12, 2021, 05:55:14 PM

ugh this had me watching too long Grin
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 12, 2021, 06:01:35 PM

Explanation
Toxic2040
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 4141

View Profile
June 12, 2021, 06:12:28 PM

-img snip-

ugh this had me watching too long Grin

#dyor

1h

4h

#stronghands
Pages: « 1 ... 28786 28787 28788 28789 28790 28791 28792 28793 28794 28795 28796 28797 28798 28799 28800 28801 28802 28803 28804 28805 28806 28807 28808 28809 28810 28811 28812 28813 28814 28815 28816 28817 28818 28819 28820 28821 28822 28823 28824 28825 28826 28827 28828 28829 28830 28831 28832 28833 28834 28835 [28836] 28837 28838 28839 28840 28841 28842 28843 28844 28845 28846 28847 28848 28849 28850 28851 28852 28853 28854 28855 28856 28857 28858 28859 28860 28861 28862 28863 28864 28865 28866 28867 28868 28869 28870 28871 28872 28873 28874 28875 28876 28877 28878 28879 28880 28881 28882 28883 28884 28885 28886 ... 33336 »
  Print  

Jump to: