April 20, 2024, 02:13:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28883 28884 28885 28886 28887 28888 28889 28890 28891 28892 28893 28894 28895 28896 28897 28898 28899 28900 28901 28902 28903 28904 28905 28906 28907 28908 28909 28910 28911 28912 28913 28914 28915 28916 28917 28918 28919 28920 28921 28922 28923 28924 28925 28926 28927 28928 28929 28930 28931 28932 [28933] 28934 28935 28936 28937 28938 28939 28940 28941 28942 28943 28944 28945 28946 28947 28948 28949 28950 28951 28952 28953 28954 28955 28956 28957 28958 28959 28960 28961 28962 28963 28964 28965 28966 28967 28968 28969 28970 28971 28972 28973 28974 28975 28976 28977 28978 28979 28980 28981 28982 28983 ... 33285 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26364809 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 07:11:11 PM

The poetry is nice. So is Jobberwocky, but I don't believe in the existence of jabberwocks or vorpal swords, and neither do I believe any majestic bull run is forthcoming.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10134

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 07:24:43 PM

The poetry is nice. So is Jobberwocky, but I don't believe in the existence of jabberwocks or vorpal swords, and neither do I believe any majestic bull run is forthcoming.

Glad to meet you, dear four-legged sir...

$35k as of nearly 10 hours and counting.

Perhaps, another 9 days and 14 hours and you will be proven a fool one more time, again.

What else is new?  

You are used to been proven a fool, over and over and over, no?  

It's like a proudhon past-time consistency, no?  Something that we can count upon, even though sometimes we may well have to wait a wee bit for the unequivocality of the four-legged fool to play out by maths and sciences.  hee haw.    Wink Wink
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 3474

born once atheist

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 07:27:28 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y71iDvCYXA
Elwar
Legendary

Activity: 3598
Merit: 2384

Viva Ut Vivas

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2021, 07:44:05 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (3)

Update on Panama.

I just spoke with one of the guys that is working with the Panamanian congressman about the Bitcoin legislation. This guy is the guy that everyone in the Bitcoin community knows and he's definitely the right guy to be involved. We were all surprised that the congressman didn't reach out to anyone because someone would have known.

He tells me that they've started working on it but it definitely won't be as good as the El Salvador legislation. And it's being proposed by an independent party member so the ruling party will not want to give him a win so the final law will likely look like shit.

But at the very least, they're including actual bitcoiners that are using bitcoin on a daily basis so it will have some intelligence behind it.
proudhon
Legendary

Activity: 2198
Merit: 1311

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 07:56:25 PM
Merited by sirazimuth (1)

Thanks. Now my ankles hurt.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 08:01:26 PM

Explanation
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 08:21:34 PM

Shenzhenians?

I just hunted this down and it looks to me like its from here originally.

https://www.cryptouniverse.at/shop/antminer-s9-bulk-refurbished-fob-shenzhen/
sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 08:24:58 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0P-_GH6y2ik
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 08:50:38 PM

... "my ankles hurt hon"
WaltKitty

Activity: 42
Merit: 25

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 08:58:21 PM

Crabs, crabs, everywhere.

Aha, there is a name for the pattern, bullish crabs, thanks.

I like it. I think also of note is the parabolic curve that can be observed on the hourly chart. Very symmetrical, revealing strong control by a sophisticated algorithm. This reeks of institutional HFT in my opinion.
edit- cAPSLOCK has a very nice chart showing this presumed object a few post's down thread.

JPM advising investors to hold off buying as there will be corn at $16k, whilst they are busy hoovering up anything sub £35k.

I am not convinced these institutions have reached the enlightenment stage yet with Bitcoin and are still treating it like a conventional asset.

Fake Satoshi perjured himself yesterday and was v happy with the "default" judgement in the London Court, as always there is one law for the poor and no law for the rich.

Same goes for Musk any other person without substantial wealth would have faced the SEC with possible jail time for market manipulation via his tweets.

However I loath that lowlife POS CSW, whilst Musk basks in the sunshine in comparison.

I agree that there might have been other option besides defaulting in this case. I think a competent barrister could have argued for a sealed proceeding on the grounds of possible bodily harm or some other form of retaliation being made upon the defendant if his identity had been revealed to the general public. I also think that if there were financial considerations that kept this case from being defended properly that the Bitcoin community would have rallied in support. I also agree that the disparity between the haves and have nots in most judicial systems is a heinous thing. I think Elon Musk is more clever than most give credit for, it could just be he was tweaking the nose of the SEC and exercising his right to free speech. I do not care for his obsession with dogecoin even though it is a interesting community with tremendous support. I remain unconvinced of its long term store of value properties and usefulness. There is only one person who really knows the motive and I don't believe the man has time or the inclination to explain to us mere mortal's.

First glimmer of daybreak. Long working day ahead.

Have a good day all.

Day late and a dollar short probably but have a good day as well Farmer Bill.

If we can bump up past here it's pretty clear to 38k.  But there is no actual volume.

What we seem to have is a bullish small player, retail.  And whales selling .

I am not sure I agree with this premise. Without people selling, there are no people buying. Without people buying, there are no people selling. I don't whale's need or want to sell at this point of the adoption curve.

Of course, it is your choice regarding how amorphous you want to be in terms of presenting your information in the thread in terms of what you know and why you might have arrived at some of your speculative conclusions, whether posting about BTC or other related areas that we might touch upon here from time to time. 

I appreciate having choices and I really appreciate the diversity of this thread. The people here are amazing and the range of discussion is quite stimulating. I do not believe I am being inchoate in presenting any information and have not touched at all upon what I know and don't know. I do think there is a lot more I don't know than there is I know. I think I am confused now, no matter.

But, yeah if you want to come off as if you are smarter than everyone else, that could be problematic... but do as you wish.. I have no problem with your participation, and likely with the passage of time, many of us will get to know you better anyhow, so long as you continue to post and provide various kinds of information... however, if some of your information seems in need of details, seems misleading or disingenuine or raises questions about how you are arriving at your conclusions, don't be surprised if some people might question your intentions or your reasons for raising such topic(s)...   

I hope I am not coming off that way. That is not my intent at all and I think there are many people here who are far more educated and much smarter than me. I think everyone should raise questions if what is posted appears to be misleading or shows a lack of relationship with whatever the current topic of discussion might be.

Personally, I appreciate coming across some potentially new perspectives in the thread, but of course, if I believe some aspects of your posts (or the posts of any other member for that matter) are problematic in one way or another, I am not going to be easily cowed or dissuaded in terms of saying my piece in the way that I have decided to do so.. Of course, I don't read every post, and sometimes I don't feel that I understand some posts sufficiently enough to respond (or sometimes some posts might not raise any point that interests me at the moment I come across the post), so there are those angles, too...

New perspectives are the bread of life in my opinion. I surely hope anything I have said has not dissuaded you from thinking what you want and stating it on a public forum. I don't think many have the time or inclination to read and especially respond to the many post's that flow through this thread. It sure is fun trying though.

In any event, so far, you have made some somewhat interesting points and posts... even if I have not agreed with several of them.

I agree with you on that and the feeling is mutual.  Smiley

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 09:01:35 PM

Explanation
El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 11969

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 09:06:16 PM
Merited by fillippone (2)

@Fillippone.... Be ready, Friday we have our H2H  Cool

May the best team win and lets hope for an awesome game...

fillippone
Legendary

Activity: 2142
Merit: 15363

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2021, 09:09:16 PM

@Fillippone.... Be ready, Friday we have our H2H  Cool

May the best team win and lets hope for an awesome game...

My body is ready.
marcus_of_augustus
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 2348

Eadem mutata resurgo

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 09:27:40 PM

Artist depiction of Bitcoin blackhole consuming JPMorgue neutron star (shriveled corpse of a former sun)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10134

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 09:37:26 PM

Of course, it is your choice regarding how amorphous you want to be in terms of presenting your information in the thread in terms of what you know and why you might have arrived at some of your speculative conclusions, whether posting about BTC or other related areas that we might touch upon here from time to time. 

I appreciate having choices and I really appreciate the diversity of this thread. The people here are amazing and the range of discussion is quite stimulating. I do not believe I am being inchoate in presenting any information and have not touched at all upon what I know and don't know. I do think there is a lot more I don't know than there is I know. I think I am confused now, no matter.

For sure there is no need to agree in these here parts so long as you are not presenting information about shitcoins, then there's should be no problem batting around ideas.

Even some of us who might seem to hold strong opinions might agree to bend our views here and there if you present facts and or logic in a way that makes reasonable conclusions, and surely there are a lot of angles to discuss the bitcoin topic, whether you believe or not about what seems to be underway the greatest wealth transfer in history.  Not even sure I believe it, though it seems to be happening.

But, yeah if you want to come off as if you are smarter than everyone else, that could be problematic... but do as you wish.. I have no problem with your participation, and likely with the passage of time, many of us will get to know you better anyhow, so long as you continue to post and provide various kinds of information... however, if some of your information seems in need of details, seems misleading or disingenuine or raises questions about how you are arriving at your conclusions, don't be surprised if some people might question your intentions or your reasons for raising such topic(s)...   

I hope I am not coming off that way. That is not my intent at all and I think there are many people here who are far more educated and much smarter than me. I think everyone should raise questions if what is posted appears to be misleading or shows a lack of relationship with whatever the current topic of discussion might be.

I doubt that there is any such thing as a "current topic" in the sense that you would be limited to bring up whatever you want.

Sometimes, if you don't get any responses, you can just keep bringing up the subject until someone responds, or present it in another way, and sure some guys are irritating in that regard, and others are more tactful.  Over the years, I had been told to fuck off numerous times, and didn't stop me, even though sure some guys still don't like anything that I say.. so again, we don't necessarily need to agree.

Furthermore, the current owner of this thread, infofront (for the last 4 years or so, no?) is not too likely going to delete any of your posts so long as you are not posting really ridiculous and repeated shitcoin nonsense, and even if you do that, he might let it slide for a while, and the forum admins do not get too involved in this thread either - absent really abusive forum-wide rule breaches... so even staying on topic is not even a rule for this thread, even though some members here might end up complaining about you.. but so far no one has really complained about you in the open... that I have seen.. --- and it might not even matter if we did.. so long as you have some substantive content here and there, there is quite a bit of tolerance in these here parts, seems to me... actually it seems to even be better these days, after infofront took over as thread owner as compared to pre-2017 or whenever it was that this thread was transferred over to him.

Personally, I appreciate coming across some potentially new perspectives in the thread, but of course, if I believe some aspects of your posts (or the posts of any other member for that matter) are problematic in one way or another, I am not going to be easily cowed or dissuaded in terms of saying my piece in the way that I have decided to do so.. Of course, I don't read every post, and sometimes I don't feel that I understand some posts sufficiently enough to respond (or sometimes some posts might not raise any point that interests me at the moment I come across the post), so there are those angles, too...

New perspectives are the bread of life in my opinion. I surely hope anything I have said has not dissuaded you from thinking what you want and stating it on a public forum.

It will probably take quite a lot to stifle me.. could be thought of as a positive or a negative I suppose.

I don't think many have the time or inclination to read and especially respond to the many post's that flow through this thread. It sure is fun trying though.

Of course, way too many posts, and more difficult to keep up during BIG BTC price moves, and sometimes 30 pages in a day during those kinds of times. 

Of course, a bit easier after you get to know a few members.. yet some members who had not posted for a few years, might jump into the thread from time to time too, so sometimes it is good to have some idea who they might be, but of course, not completely mandatory.. I have embarrassed my lil selfie a few times in my interactions.

In any event, so far, you have made some somewhat interesting points and posts... even if I have not agreed with several of them.

I agree with you on that and the feeling is mutual.  Smiley

Maybe we will work out some items, and maybe not.. should not matter too much either way, and I am pretty sure king daddy gives few shits whether we like each other or not...  hahahahaha

By the way, I try pretty hard to not hold grudges, so I might not agree with you about a lot of things, but if you make good posts or points, I am not going to deny if you have made some good points or even respond to points that you make if they are good ones.. or provocative ones with which I disagree.....  but yeah, merely because you post, does not necessarily mean that anyone read what you posted or understood it.. so sometimes it may take a bit of back and forth to clarify what was meant.. .. so sometimes I might interact with a member through several posts before realizing that I misunderstood what was being said 3 to 4 posts earlier.
goldkingcoiner
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1637

Verified Bitcoin Hodler

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2021, 09:49:09 PM

Artist depiction of Bitcoin blackhole consuming JPMorgue neutron star (shriveled corpse of a former sun)

Does that refer to the physics news today that a new type gravitational wave detected by LIGO was made from a black hole colliding with a neutron star? And it happened twice in 10 days. Thats... Surprising.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 10:01:26 PM

Explanation
Copetech

Activity: 370
Merit: 451

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 10:02:22 PM
Last edit: June 29, 2021, 10:13:00 PM by Copetech

Ah! But it's so important to know what one doesn't know! Otherwise we're limited to what one knows, which is quite limiting indeed. However, delving into the unknown with both feet leaves one ungrounded, and prone to being swept into chaotic confusion. So ideally, the way forward is to plant one foot solidly into what one knows while boldly reaching out with the other foot, into the unknown. So if you don't know what you know, and even more importantly, know what you don't know, then clearly you're lost, and should probably sit for a moment and ponder, lest you fall in ignorance.

Welcome to the Wall Walt! It's refreshing to see new faces as a Newbie.

(Does this mean I get a promotion?)

(Edit Words are hard, and by the time you finish editing out all the mistakes, it's easy to forget what you were trying to say...)
sirazimuth
Legendary

born once atheist

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 10:15:24 PM

... "my ankles hurt hon"

So what did you put in the search engine bro?  just curious..... Grin
savetherainforest

Activity: 1848
Merit: 609

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
June 29, 2021, 10:17:03 PM

JJG ... looks like you got competition! Cheesy Cheesy

Anyway.... in other parts of lost d!ck eating timeline happenings that should have happened and will never happen...  Roll Eyes  Sad

If there is a BTC heavan and a BTC hell.

Then Macfee will be eat that dick over and over and over.

Sounds about right. But only one little detail, he will also be aware of being filmed on a live broadcast and thinking about what the world will think of him. Probably some pros & cons going trough his head to while chewing for ages on that piece of old rubber. Smiley

But anyway, I was fond of his entertainment persona. That will be missed. And I don't think it was a suicide. Smiley

I wonder what will happen to all his coins... ?? .... Huh  Huh  Huh  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes
Pages: « 1 ... 28883 28884 28885 28886 28887 28888 28889 28890 28891 28892 28893 28894 28895 28896 28897 28898 28899 28900 28901 28902 28903 28904 28905 28906 28907 28908 28909 28910 28911 28912 28913 28914 28915 28916 28917 28918 28919 28920 28921 28922 28923 28924 28925 28926 28927 28928 28929 28930 28931 28932 [28933] 28934 28935 28936 28937 28938 28939 28940 28941 28942 28943 28944 28945 28946 28947 28948 28949 28950 28951 28952 28953 28954 28955 28956 28957 28958 28959 28960 28961 28962 28963 28964 28965 28966 28967 28968 28969 28970 28971 28972 28973 28974 28975 28976 28977 28978 28979 28980 28981 28982 28983 ... 33285 »
  Print  

Jump to: