May 02, 2024, 02:35:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 28907 28908 28909 28910 28911 28912 28913 28914 28915 28916 28917 28918 28919 28920 28921 28922 28923 28924 28925 28926 28927 28928 28929 28930 28931 28932 28933 28934 28935 28936 28937 28938 28939 28940 28941 28942 28943 28944 28945 28946 28947 28948 28949 28950 28951 28952 28953 28954 28955 28956 [28957] 28958 28959 28960 28961 28962 28963 28964 28965 28966 28967 28968 28969 28970 28971 28972 28973 28974 28975 28976 28977 28978 28979 28980 28981 28982 28983 28984 28985 28986 28987 28988 28989 28990 28991 28992 28993 28994 28995 28996 28997 28998 28999 29000 29001 29002 29003 29004 29005 29006 29007 ... 33314 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26370660 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1759

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 08:01:27 PM

Explanation

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xyzzy099
Legendary

Activity: 1062
Merit: 1041

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 08:12:42 PM
Last edit: July 04, 2021, 10:37:03 PM by xyzzy099
Merited by El duderino_ (3), JayJuanGee (2), xhomerx10 (1)

It looks like CoinGeek has already accepted CSW as Satoshi
https://coingeek.com/coingeek-weekly-livestream-episode-19-taals-stefan-matthews-shares-early-encounters-with-satoshi-video/

In a stunning revelation, Matthews tells CoinGeek’s Chief Bitcoin Historian Kurt Wuckert Jr. that he initiated a series of proof sessions wherein Dr. Wright met in private with several relevant figures such as Gavin Andresen. The purpose of these highly confidential meetings was to provide evidence that Dr. Wright has the keys to the early blocks in Bitcoin. On these occasions, the invited guest was asked to randomly select any three blocks from the first ten and to dictate a private message that Dr. Wright would sign.

I believe that Coingeek is actually owned by Calvin Ayre.  It is specifically dedicated to promoting Bitcoin SV.  Look at the bottom of their front page and you will see this blurb:

The first media to report all the information in BSV (Bitcoin Satoshi Vision). BSV is the only major public chain that maintains Bitcoin's original vision and is committed to creating fast, frictionless electronic cash.

In the bottom banner are three logos for "Ayre Media", "Ayre Group" and "Calvin Ayre Foundation".
jojo69
Legendary

Activity: 3150
Merit: 4309

diamond-handed zealot

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 08:19:15 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (7), Hueristic (1), Toxic2040 (1)

Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4884

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 08:51:22 PM
Merited by JimboToronto (1)

I doubt that very much!

Americans didn't get rich by goofing off.  They don't call it the "land of productivity" for nothing.  My cousin got a whole 7 days of maternity leave without pay when each of her kids were born - the law says you can have up to 12 weeks in one year and the company has to keep your position for you but they don't have to pay you.  The sad thing is, the law refers to pregnancy as a disability!  The time you take off is called "Pregnancy Disability Leave".  She had to pump breast milk early in the morning and on her lunch break so someone else could feed them while she worked during the day.  I couldn't believe when I first heard it.  Her husband took steady nights in order to have one of them with the baby at all times.  Talk about stress.
  In Romania new mothers get up to 2 years at 75% of your 12 months average income to a maximum amount (there is a monetary incentive to take only one year in the form of an increased maximum amount plus a small monthly bonus for the first year back) with the first 42 days being mandatory to allow for parental bonding.  The father gets a month off too if desired.

On the other hand Welfare Queens get paid for each extra retard they spit out.
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4148

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 08:58:15 PM

Someone signed this message from 100 addresses with BTC mined in 2009:

Yes I know about this and it proved he’s indeed Faketoshi.

I’m just wondering how these people like CoinGeek guy and many others ignored this. And how court did not ask him to prove himself first Satoshi then claim the whitepaper.

Is he giving shares of BSV to all of them? Or we talking about deep pockets?

Or ignorant judges, with no Bitcoin defense team to educate them.

Failing to sign a message using Satoshi's addresses should be sufficient proof he's Faketoshi, and thus can overturn the recent court case, no?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 09:01:35 PM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 10:01:26 PM

Explanation
cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 10:28:47 PM

Because the fraud can't sign anything.

Big news regarding Faketoshi and his ownership regarding Tulip Trust addresses.

Someone signed this message from 100 addresses with BTC mined in 2009:

"Craig Steven Wright is a liar and a fraud. He doesn't have the keys used to sign this message.

The Lightning Network is a significant achievement. However, we need to continue work on improving on-chain capacity.

Unfortunately, the solution is not to just change a constant in the code or to allow powerful participants to force out others.

We are all Satoshi"

source:
https://www.reddit.com/r/bsv/comments/gq8ao1/more_than_100_addresses_with_unmoved_bitcoin/
https://paste.debian.net/plain/1148565

I noticed alot of people ignore this part of the statement.

The Lightning Network is a significant achievement. However, we need to continue work on improving on-chain capacity.

Unfortunately, the solution is not to just change a constant in the code or to allow powerful participants to force out others.
That was actually my favorite part. Well no that isn't true... CSW is a fraud.  But that part is really good. AND nuanced. It's not just a block size increase we need. But we will need that too eventually... We be hard to predict the way it plays out.
Copetech

Activity: 370
Merit: 451

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 10:30:31 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2), JayJuanGee (1)

Americans didn't get rich by goofing off.  They don't call it the "land of productivity" for nothing.
OK, so I have lived here my entire life and have Never heard US referred to as the "land of productivity."
"Land of the Free, Home of the Brave" Yes, but not productivity.
  My cousin got a whole 7 days of maternity leave without pay when each of her kids were born - the law says you can have up to 12 weeks in one year and the company has to keep your position for you but they don't have to pay you.  The sad thing is, the law refers to pregnancy as a disability!  The time you take off is called "Pregnancy Disability Leave".  She had to pump breast milk early in the morning and on her lunch break so someone else could feed them while she worked during the day.  I couldn't believe when I first heard it.  Her husband took steady nights in order to have one of them with the baby at all times.  Talk about stress.
  In Romania new mothers get up to 2 years at 75% of your 12 months average income to a maximum amount (there is a monetary incentive to take only one year in the form of an increased maximum amount plus a small monthly bonus for the first year back) with the first 42 days being mandatory to allow for parental bonding.  The father gets a month off too if desired.
Wow! Talk about a law of unintended consequences! As an employer, this kind of legislation would definitely cause a serious wage disparity. If I had a young man and a young woman both of equal capabilities applying for the same position,  based on this legislation, I would certainly be encouraged to hire the man, and may even be willing to offer him a little more in starting pay. Plain and simply the long term costs of employing the man would be lower, and he could therefore likely negotiate a higher salary and faster promotion through the ranks. It would be irresponsible for me to do otherwise. My responsibility is to my total staff, my customers and my investors. None of them get any advantage from me willingly signing up to pay people to reproduce and not come to work!

Now the root of the relationship between employees & employers is a negotiation. The employee is selling their labor, skills, and reliability and the employer is looking to get the highest value employees with the highest retention rate possible at a reasonable and justifiable cost. Any time government imposes themselves into these negotiations it has consequences for both parties. If government makes it less profitable to hire young women, obviously less young women will be employed and those that are will make less. This is the same reason forced minimum wages achieve the opposite of their intended result. At first, there is a reduction in the number of minimum wage jobs available. If you can't afford to hire low skill workers for a low skill job, then you find other ways to get that job done, whether that be by automation or by dividing up the workload between your existing staff. (Therefore, the true "minimum wage" is and always has been $0) But over time, as the company grows or as higher paid tenured staff leaves or ages out, new employees will inevitably be hired at the legal minimum wage, but chances for advancement beyond that minimum wage will be greatly reduced as it will require more minimum wage workers to achieve the same production at a profitable overall rate. So the immediate result is to suppress employment, and the long term result is to suppress wages.
That's why we are called the Land of the Free, because we are Free to negotiate our own way through life. Government cannot create wealth, they can only suppress it. Therefore, government encroachment on our Freedoms is antithetical to our productivity as well as our freedom.

Happy Independence Day to all! 250 years ago a rag-tag bunch of farmers, tradesmen, & pioneers rose up against the trained soldiers and paid mercenaries of an oppressive foreign crown. They put their lives and their fortunes on the line to fight for the basic freedoms of Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness! They won against all odds, a way of life we enjoy to this day. This is what we Celebrate.

cAPSLOCK
Legendary

Activity: 3738
Merit: 5127

Whimsical Pants

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 10:33:30 PM
Merited by El duderino_ (2)

Okay! So all of those paranoid scenarios of State attacks and other craziness didn't pan out just like I said they wouldn't!

Hash rate might be at least stabilizing. Too early to say. But that's where my money is.

But seriously, this is super bullish I think. Because hash rate will be coming back online and a lot of it will be new because there's an incentive to compete right now. I really do think the whole Elon farce and then China fud has finally pretty much worked its way through the system. With a little luck I think we should be seeing some upward momentum soon.
eXPHorizon

Activity: 1176
Merit: 132

Precision Beats Power and Timing Beats Speed.

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 10:40:38 PM

On the other Note, i will finnaly be able to buy an AMD RX 580 8 GB for 50 Bucks.. Good times ahead Smiley
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 11:01:27 PM

Explanation
AlcoHoDL
Legendary

Activity: 2366
Merit: 4148

Addicted to HoDLing!

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 11:14:03 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Alright, underwent some health condition, but i'm OK now again. Nothing too serious, bit of headache, sore throat and short periods of cold shivers, but mainly fatigue.
It needed a lot of sleep to cure out.
I isolated myself from the family because of that single positive covid saliva test.
Did another one the day after which was unclear, because there was a positive test line, but very light, thus barely visible.
Testing twice yesterday returned negative results both times  Cool
As of the nature of Antigen tests, i just might have caught one of the many other (common) corona viruses. These are said to deliver borderline results, which would match in my case. (EDIT: ...and all my kids got runny noses now, but all have tested negative to the antigen tests).

Good to be back again, didn't even check the bitcoin price within the last two or three days, so i was happy to see it at $35k+ today.
I'm doing hard to decide if i want to backread several days of WO or not  Huh
Anything important i might have missed?

Glad to hear you're OK and back on WO duty!

From what I know, Rapid (antigen) tests are dependent on viral load. That's why the instructions say that the result is negative only if there is absolutely no positive test line visible. If there is even a very faint positive test line, the result should be considered positive. I guess your viral load may be very low. I've done about 10 Rapid (antigen) tests so far, and the positive lines were all completely clear, even under bright light with a magnifying glass.

Have you had the vaccine yet? If you do have the virus, maybe there's no need to get vaccinated now, but some time after the virus has cleared away. But when the time comes, I suggest you get vaccinated. Don't believe the crazy conspiracy theories about Bill Gates installing chips and nanoparticles in your body to control you via 5G and magnets (yes, there are people that actually believe this shit).
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
July 04, 2021, 11:53:37 PM

Or ignorant judges, with no Bitcoin defense team to educate them.

Failing to sign a message using Satoshi's addresses should be sufficient proof he's Faketoshi, and thus can overturn the recent court case, no?

This case is about copyright. Due to a flaw in US copyright law, CSW was able to obtain copyright on the whitepaper. The judge doesn't get ignore valid copyrights.
ImThour
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1400
Merit: 1512

Bitcoin Bottom was at $15.4k

View Profile
July 05, 2021, 12:00:03 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), AlcoHoDL (1), OutOfMemory (1)

Note: Starting today, I will be posting these analytics from GlassNode everyday at the same time i.e. 12 A.M. @ UTC . Let's hope it helps someone in some way.

Bitcoin Analytics - 5th July, 2021 - 12:00 AM UTC
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2021, 12:01:34 AM

Explanation
aesma

Activity: 2380
Merit: 916

fly or die

View Profile
July 05, 2021, 12:26:01 AM
Merited by Copetech (1)

Americans didn't get rich by goofing off.  They don't call it the "land of productivity" for nothing.
OK, so I have lived here my entire life and have Never heard US referred to as the "land of productivity."
  My cousin got a whole 7 days of maternity leave without pay when each of her kids were born - the law says you can have up to 12 weeks in one year and the company has to keep your position for you but they don't have to pay you.  The sad thing is, the law refers to pregnancy as a disability!  The time you take off is called "Pregnancy Disability Leave".  She had to pump breast milk early in the morning and on her lunch break so someone else could feed them while she worked during the day.  I couldn't believe when I first heard it.  Her husband took steady nights in order to have one of them with the baby at all times.  Talk about stress.
Wow! Talk about a law of unintended consequences! As an employer, this kind of legislation would definitely cause a serious wage disparity. If I had a young man and a young woman both of equal capabilities applying for the same position,  based on this legislation, I would certainly be encouraged to hire the man, and may even be willing to offer him a little more in starting pay. Plain and simply the long term costs of employing the man would be lower, and he could therefore likely negotiate a higher salary and faster promotion through the ranks. It would be irresponsible for me to do otherwise. My responsibility is to my total staff, my customers and my investors. None of them get any advantage from me willingly signing up to pay people to reproduce and not come to work!

Now the root of the relationship between employees & employers is a negotiation. The employee is selling their labor, skills, and reliability and the employer is looking to get the highest value employees with the highest retention rate possible at a reasonable and justifiable cost. Any time government imposes themselves into these negotiations it has consequences for both parties. If government makes it less profitable to hire young women, obviously less young women will be employed and those that are will make less. This is the same reason forced minimum wages achieve the opposite of their intended result. At first, there is a reduction in the number of minimum wage jobs available. If you can't afford to hire low skill workers for a low skill job, then you find other ways to get that job done, whether that be by automation or by dividing up the workload between your existing staff. (Therefore, the true "minimum wage" is and always has been $0) But over time, as the company grows or as higher paid tenured staff leaves or ages out, new employees will inevitably be hired at the legal minimum wage, but chances for advancement beyond that minimum wage will be greatly reduced as it will require more minimum wage workers to achieve the same production at a profitable overall rate. So the immediate result is to suppress employment, and the long term result is to suppress wages.
That's why we are called the Land of the Free, because we are Free to negotiate our own way through life. Government cannot create wealth, they can only suppress it. Therefore, government encroachment on our Freedoms is antithetical to our productivity as well as our freedom.

Happy Independence Day to all! 250 years ago a rag-tag bunch of farmers, tradesmen, & pioneers rose up against the trained soldiers and paid mercenaries of an oppressive foreign crown. They put their lives and their fortunes on the line to fight for the basic freedoms of Life, Liberty, & Pursuit of Happiness! They won against all odds, a way of life we enjoy to this day. This is what we Celebrate.

The company doesn't pay for maternity leave (aside from a token amount), it's a government program. Governments have an incentive in people having children, especially in the EU where natality is dramatically low in some countries.

The main issue for employers is "losing" their female employees at any time, but well, that's the deal with being part of a society.

When Google offered female employees in the US to freeze their eggs to put "career first" that caused quite a stir here.

Now there are more and more laws for paternity leave, so soon enough you'll take the same "risk" hiring a man or a woman.

Maybe old people will get better employment perspectives !
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3752
Merit: 3850

View Profile
July 05, 2021, 12:41:00 AM
Last edit: July 05, 2021, 12:59:51 AM by Biodom
Merited by xhomerx10 (1)

Americans didn't get rich by goofing off.  They don't call it the "land of productivity" for nothing.
 My cousin got a whole 7 days of maternity leave without pay when each of her kids were born - the law says you can have up to 12 weeks in one year and the company has to keep your position for you but they don't have to pay you.  The sad thing is, the law refers to pregnancy as a disability!  The time you take off is called "Pregnancy Disability Leave".  She had to pump breast milk early in the morning and on her lunch break so someone else could feed them while she worked during the day.  I couldn't believe when I first heard it.  Her husband took steady nights in order to have one of them with the baby at all times.  Talk about stress.
  In Romania new mothers get up to 2 years at 75% of your 12 months average income to a maximum amount (there is a monetary incentive to take only one year in the form of an increased maximum amount plus a small monthly bonus for the first year back) with the first 42 days being mandatory to allow for parental bonding.  The father gets a month off too if desired.
My responsibility is to my total staff, my customers and my investors. None of them get any advantage from me willingly signing up to pay people to reproduce and not come to work.

if there is no reproduction, you (or your company) would not get customers, pal.
US system regarding paid leave for women is not optimal.
Same with legal $2.79/hr under-minimal wage for the restaurant workers.
Low base salaries is the cause of many problems here.

In addition, in US (at least in some states, including Texas) it is easy for an employer to essentially steal someone's wages.
Example: you are working part time and was supposed to work on a particular day during certain hours. You come and one hour later the boss tells you-we don't have enough customers today, why don't you go home. Obviously, they are not paying you a wage for the time that you were not there. It does not happen in all of US, only some states.
I was not in this situation, but some of my children were and it infuriated the heck out of me.
Same happens with part time workers at my place of work-they are not being paid for obligatory training hours and even days, for example.
One day there will be a class action lawsuit about this, I am sure.
hisslyness

Activity: 722
Merit: 1692

View Profile
July 05, 2021, 01:00:09 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Craig Wright’s Bitcoin Whitepaper Copyright Battle Continues
https://gaoson.medium.com/the-bitcoin-whitepaper-copyright-battle-continues-93d4bb54ac3a

It looks like CoinGeek has already accepted CSW as Satoshi
https://coingeek.com/coingeek-weekly-livestream-episode-19-taals-stefan-matthews-shares-early-encounters-with-satoshi-video/

In a stunning revelation, Matthews tells CoinGeek’s Chief Bitcoin Historian Kurt Wuckert Jr. that he initiated a series of proof sessions wherein Dr. Wright met in private with several relevant figures such as Gavin Andresen. The purpose of these highly confidential meetings was to provide evidence that Dr. Wright has the keys to the early blocks in Bitcoin. On these occasions, the invited guest was asked to randomly select any three blocks from the first ten and to dictate a private message that Dr. Wright would sign.

Matthews currently sits as executive chairman of nChain... where CSW is "Chief Scientist"... sounds suss!
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
July 05, 2021, 01:01:27 AM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 28907 28908 28909 28910 28911 28912 28913 28914 28915 28916 28917 28918 28919 28920 28921 28922 28923 28924 28925 28926 28927 28928 28929 28930 28931 28932 28933 28934 28935 28936 28937 28938 28939 28940 28941 28942 28943 28944 28945 28946 28947 28948 28949 28950 28951 28952 28953 28954 28955 28956 [28957] 28958 28959 28960 28961 28962 28963 28964 28965 28966 28967 28968 28969 28970 28971 28972 28973 28974 28975 28976 28977 28978 28979 28980 28981 28982 28983 28984 28985 28986 28987 28988 28989 28990 28991 28992 28993 28994 28995 28996 28997 28998 28999 29000 29001 29002 29003 29004 29005 29006 29007 ... 33314 »
  Print  

Jump to: