April 28, 2024, 05:53:31 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 32600 32601 32602 32603 32604 32605 32606 32607 32608 32609 32610 32611 32612 32613 32614 32615 32616 32617 32618 32619 32620 32621 32622 32623 32624 32625 32626 32627 32628 32629 32630 32631 32632 32633 32634 32635 32636 32637 32638 32639 32640 32641 32642 32643 32644 32645 32646 32647 32648 32649 [32650] 32651 32652 32653 32654 32655 32656 32657 32658 32659 32660 32661 32662 32663 32664 32665 32666 32667 32668 32669 32670 32671 32672 32673 32674 32675 32676 32677 32678 32679 32680 32681 32682 32683 32684 32685 32686 32687 32688 32689 32690 32691 32692 32693 32694 32695 32696 32697 32698 32699 32700 ... 33304 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26368766 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Antisthenes
Copper Member

Activity: 115
Merit: 5

JJG AI, is an attack vector on humanity. Beware.

View Profile
October 29, 2023, 08:38:22 AM

Oh wow, you gave 17 whole merits to nullius for that.
Compared to other zero valued posts you merit to the hilt, how does that relate?
I’ll tell you, zero.

Now please … stop the merit crying …

Dude, can take all your pointless merits and shove them up your cross-fit ass.
Does meriting give you a sense of superiority complex, like a merit-god or something?

I’ll tell you again - in fact I’ll keep telling you from now on - that you’re nothing but a dumb moronic tool.
Congrats! Keep posting, and I’ll just keep breathing down your neck.

ah ha!!!!!!!

I see an admission, there.   Tongue Tongue

First things first - you “see” shit.
Secondly, what are you referring to? The “troll” part, or what can they achieve against an army of professional liars?
Thirdly, I didn’t admit to anything - it was a sarcastic statement.

If true, that seems neither "sweet" nor unusual enough to be pointed out as any kind of a "gotcha."

Please

'splain

selfie.

Jay, Juan and Gee, I’m not really into debating with AI’s.

That said, what amazes me about your registration date, is how advanced AI’s are in the private and military sector.
In short, chatGPT my ass.
In order to achieve higher forum ranks, you need both activity points and merit points.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2156
Merit: 1745

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
October 29, 2023, 09:01:27 AM

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2023, 10:01:21 AM

Explanation
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 7969

View Profile
October 29, 2023, 10:24:40 AM

Matthew Perry reportedly dead by drowning in his own hot tub at just 54.

Where were his friends?

looks like it really happened.

https://www.latimes.com/california/story/2023-10-28/freinds-star-matthew-perry-dead-at-56

The story seems very similar to Whitney Houston (though she was a bit more unique I would say).  Cry

Assistant goes out to run errands, comes back after a short while, the star with a massive drug and alcohol abuse past has drowned... in Los Angeles.

Both could have had decades and decades more of life to live if only they had cut doing that crap abusive shite sooner.  Sad

Always think the song Celluloid Heroes captures what happens to so many famous artists well.
A very underrated song if you ask me.

Very sad.  I remember seeing an interview with him about a year ago saying he had spent millions on rehab.  I don't remember the exact figure - just that it was more than has ever passed through my hands in this lifetime.
d_eddie
Legendary

Activity: 2478
Merit: 2895

View Profile
October 29, 2023, 10:32:57 AM
Merited by El duderino_ (6), vapourminer (1), OutOfMemory (1)

Friends that go away
Corncobs gently fluttering
Another Sunday

#haiku
Pingrapole

Activity: 126

View Profile
October 29, 2023, 10:42:08 AM

[...]

Bitcoin greatly rewards order, and severely punishes chaos.

To anyone who has lost coins: you're doing it wrong, but thank you for your donation!

true, but that was a comedy skit, ya'll.

Of course it was. Let's call it "educational comedy"...

BTW, the chaos was not the guy butchering the HDD, but the coin owner losing access, not having backups, etc.
I definitely agree with you because the story was very educational as it taught us many practical things and helped us to be aware. Due to loss of access and no backup Killed HDD.
bitnote

Activity: 56

View Profile
October 29, 2023, 10:51:53 AM

Friends that go away
Corncobs gently fluttering
Another Sunday

#haiku

Friends' fleeting embrace,
Corn husks dance in whispered breeze,
Sunday bids adieu
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2023, 11:01:21 AM

Explanation
psycodad
Legendary

Activity: 1604
Merit: 1564

精神分析的爸

View Profile
October 29, 2023, 11:12:24 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), Hueristic (1), JayJuanGee (1)

in addition to the options for losing keys mentioned by Biodom, there is always an unexpected hacking option. We can recall the story that happened a few months ago with Libbitcoin, where key generation was carried out with insufficient entropy, as a result of which the keys generated in this way were especially vulnerable to hackers. This way, you can be confident in the safety of your keys and still face the loss of your bitcoins. The probability of this is almost zero, but still not zero.
This is why addresses must be created on a computer which has no internet connectivity and printed on a printer that will never have internet access. Printer spooler buffers can be hacked.
Whats wrong with handwriting?
All possible leaking problems avoided and it should not be like a big deal writing a dozen of simple words down.
well, in this case you rely on additional wallet or ledger/trezor software, right?
<snip>
No, I create the seed with electrum on a computer that never goes online. I write it down on two pieces of paper (backup) and store it safely.* Once I'm done I shred the harddisk (the linux tool 'shred' not actual shredding) and reinstall linux + electrum from cd for the next time I have to sign a tx.
I have never seen any use in these little USB gadgets, too much trust involved for my taste.

*I also apply some crypto-fu by xoring with a simple password before writing it down, it still looks like a seed but isn't one

I don't mean to pry too much, but what happens if something happens to your wallet, so then you go to use your seed (hypothetically, maybe you had not accessed that seed for 3-5 years) and then once you try to retrieve your back up seed and put the two pieces together, one of your two pieces of paper is missing, damaged or otherwise not sufficiently readable?  

What I am getting at is that I hope you are not just relying on one back up.  

Another question would be if your wallet and its back up happens to be in the same house (or location) at the same time.. what if your house burns down? or gets hit by an asteroid (alien spaceship) and completely destroyed?   In this second scenario, you had both your regular and your backup destroyed at the same time... and that could also be a problem of having ONLY one back up, and I am not really opposed to having one of the back ups in the same building as the wallet (the primary), but there seems to be a need for some kind of locational diversity, even if it might be a separate building on the same property... but yeah, some folks might feel that they don't really have second buildings, and so maybe those people might get stuck with some kind of safety deposit boxes which ends up being a bit of a hassle since almost two safety deposit boxes might be needed unless there might be some ways to disguise the backups in plain sight.. which I would suggest is not an impossible task, even though it could end up in confusion for anyone who might not know the instructions for how to untangle the puzzle.

By the way, none of my questions are meant for you or anyone else to provide specifics regarding their own practices, and/or even if there might be some family members involved, there could be a kind of system in which a family member agrees that I am holding something personal in their filing cabinet or their safe or in one (or two) of their books or something in which, they might need to know not to throw away or to destroy, in the event that I am not visiting them on a fairly regular basis to be able to ensure that the location and/or the contents of the location is not messed with.

To clarifiy, I don't use any shamir secret sharing or similar tech as you seem to assume. The backup and the "original" are fully identical. Before writing it down I just xor the original 2048bit key that results in a valid seed for electrum with a password and store that value as BIP39 encoded seed words. Xor that again with the valid password and you get the original and valid electrum seed back.

Regarding the other (very valid) concerns like storing in different locations etc. that you bring up, these have been well considered and in my view sufficiently addressed but due to obvious opsec reasons I'd prefer not to go into too much detail.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2023, 12:01:28 PM

Explanation
Gachapin

Activity: 896
Merit: 1840

bitcoin retard

View Profile
October 29, 2023, 12:32:25 PM

I'm a bit cautious when after such a price pump we are so flat for almost a week. Often that ends with a bart down.
But lets see
cafter

Activity: 448
Merit: 222

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2023, 12:54:26 PM

I'm a bit cautious when after such a price pump we are so flat for almost a week. Often that ends with a bart down.
But lets see

it's just a small retest,

the price is gradually increasing, prompting traders to consider taking a position after that the price will crash by making 1-3 red candles.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2023, 01:01:21 PM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2023, 02:01:21 PM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2023, 03:01:28 PM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
October 29, 2023, 04:01:20 PM

Explanation
danadc

Activity: 952
Merit: 296

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2023, 04:03:52 PM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Bitcoin ETFs are giving a lot of talk and this can guarantee a good price, so based on this we can see in the news great things that are developing:

Legal victories on the long road to gaining permission to convert GBTC into a spot ETF provided kindling, and Grayscale’s product now trades with an implied share price, which is just 13.1% below the BTC spot price.

Per data from monitoring resource CoinGlass, this is the lowest since November 2021, when Bitcoin itself was at all-time highs.

“The GBTC discount keeps narrowing,” popular Bitcoin and altcoin trader Mister Crypto meanwhile responded.

“Maybe TradFi knows something we don’t know yet...”

Source: https://cointelegraph.com/news/first-bitcoin-etf-trades-gbtc-discount-69k-btc-price

Are ETFs helping the price? It may be, perhaps at this time we can have a good price for BTC, but I am the one who thinks that it can reach $40k, now my predictions have turned out very well because the range changed from $32k to $35k, yes there are more buying bitcoins, yes, the price goes up.

Bitcoin to $51,000 in November? BTC Price History Says Maybe

Looking ahead to November, the picture becomes more intriguing and complex. According to data from CryptoRank, the average monthly return for BTC in November stands impressively at 51.6%, while the median, a more conservative measure, hovers at 8.98%. Delving deeper into the annals of Bitcoin's history, a mixed narrative emerges. Over the past five years, only one November, in 2020, yielded positive results, boasting a substantial 42.9% gain. This fact injects an air of uncertainty into the otherwise promising statistics.

Read more on U.Today https://u.today/bitcoin-to-51000-in-november-btc-price-history-says-maybe

Source: https://u.today/bitcoin-to-51000-in-november-btc-price-history-says-maybe

Is all this possible ? Yes , my predictions are Based on what I can guess the price may reach, this article goes beyond what I think, it may be the case, the analysts have a better Understanding than me , who doesn't know about technical Analysis.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 29, 2023, 04:04:14 PM
Merited by AlcoHoDL (1)

Bitcoin greatly rewards order, and severely punishes chaos.

To anyone who has lost coins: you're doing it wrong, but thank you for your donation!

Some ways of holding coins are easier than other ways, and personally, I consider that it is not easy to attempt to stay somewhat vigilant in the ways that we are holding our keys and the various ways to try to back them up without necessarily leaving them vulnerable to others while at the mean time sufficiently preserving them so we do not lose them to our own complications and/or oversights.

Didn't you yourself, AlcoHoDL, either lose some bitcoin or maybe even come close to overly complicating some of your wallets?  Or, am I getting you mixed up with another member?  The more I think about it, I am pretty sure you told some stories of how some ways of storing keys might become too complicated, especially with the passage of time and thinking that we had sufficiently documented in order to trigger our memories, and then viola.. we are struggling to remember and/or figure it out.. so if we are sometimes struggling with our own systems, then how are we going to be passing those coins down with someone else being able to read our notes and/or fill in the gaps, even if the coins might be hiding in plain sight.

So far there is no easy solution, and it seems that it could be a while before easy systems come.. because some of us might currently be able to program our clock on our VCR (or microwave), but others struggle, and even us in time 1 know how to do it, but in time 2, we may have had forgotten how to do it, and did we keep too much information in our heads presuming that we were going to remember when the time comes.. but the time ends up being 15 years later rather than 5 years later.. where did all that time go?
WatChe

Activity: 896
Merit: 543

View Profile WWW
October 29, 2023, 04:14:17 PM

But lets see

Have a nice week ahead everyone.

On a lighter note, this 34k support be like ...

Image from reddit
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3696
Merit: 10180

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
October 29, 2023, 04:35:50 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

ah ha!!!!!!!

I see an admission, there.   Tongue Tongue
First things first - you “see” shit.

Oh my, aren't you all worked up over nothing.

Secondly, what are you referring to? The “troll” part, or what can they achieve against an army of professional liars?

I kind of wished that you would have had said "professional trolls" and "liars" rather than "trolls" and "professional liars," then at least you would have had been more accurate in your descriptive attempts at a snipe.

Thirdly, I didn’t admit to anything - it was a sarcastic statement.

You are digging ur lil selfie in deeper and moar deeper.

Don't you have anything better to do?  Weren't you at least going through a prior stage of describing some of your "hot babes" experiences?  Have your hot babe experiences run dry?  Maybe the hot babes got annoyed with your personality?  or lack thereof.  hahahahahaha

Maybe work on getting back to improving your hot babe experiences, then at least you might be able to cheer up ur lil selfie and maybe even produce some off-spring, not that I should encourage such things, in your case it might be better to NOT enable you in that direction.

If true, that seems neither "sweet" nor unusual enough to be pointed out as any kind of a "gotcha."

Please

'splain

selfie.
Jay, Juan and Gee, I’m not really into debating with AI’s.

Ok.  don't then.. No problema.

That said, what amazes me about your registration date, is how advanced AI’s are in the private and military sector.
In short, chatGPT my ass.

Again, you are back to being sweet.

Can you make up your mind about whether you would like to be sweet or you would like to be the lil turd that is in your more true nature (or are you just acting like a little turd because your that's how your handlers prefer it).

Why not actually get involved with some substantive discussions of lillie fiend, rather than trying to be a lillie fiend wannabe... This lillie fiend wannabe is not really working so well for you anyhow, is it?

[edited out]
To clarifiy, I don't use any shamir secret sharing or similar tech as you seem to assume.

Sure, I might have misunderstood, but I was not presuming the use of shamir.. I was merely presuming having a seed and then splitting it into two parts.. So I may well have had been confused about what it was/is that you were/are doing.  Accordingly, I thought that they were in plain text, so maybe partially I was asking for myself, but also for anyone else who might not have understood what you meant by what seemed to have had been a back up that was split into two parts.

The backup and the "original" are fully identical. Before writing it down I just xor the original 2048bit key that results in a valid seed for electrum with a password and store that value as BIP39 encoded seed words. Xor that again with the valid password and you get the original and valid electrum seed back.

I tried to look up Xor but I don't really understand what that is.. I guess it is creating a hash and then reverse hash or something like that, so yeah, maybe I am missing something in regards to what you are doing since I don't really know how to xor anything... at least not so far in my bitcoin journey (or otherwise in my personal life - not that I know about.. maybe I had been XORing things without realizing that was what I was doing all this time).

Regarding the other (very valid) concerns like storing in different locations etc. that you bring up, these have been well considered and in my view sufficiently addressed but due to obvious opsec reasons I'd prefer not to go into too much detail.

Well that was what I thought was my main point...(Or question).. so that if you have ONLY one back up, then that could be dangerous, but if you have two back ups that would be better with some sufficiency in terms of different locations.. and sure none of us necessarily need to know details, but mostly inquiring upon the different locations having had been taken into account.  On a personal level I have a few different locations that I trust, but it is not like anything is exactly locked in time, and there could be times in which passwords are being updated in which the information is all located in one location. which could sometimes make systems more vulnerable when the parts are brought together, to the extent that they might need to be or if there might be some other way of updating the various parts without necessarily bringing the parts together.

So in some sense I am not necessarily specifically wanting to talk about you, but to talk about some of these kinds of vulnerabilities that any of us could have when we are either creating our back up systems or if we might be administering our systems from time to time.... including that sometimes when I am travelling, I might create new wallets and/or passwords for new products and/or services, but these might have temporary back ups that are not as adequate as my more permanent back ups, but I might not update my longer term (more permanent) back ups for several months and maybe even it could approach a year before some of the later created systems (passwords and/or seeds and/or other important information) get merged into the older (and considered to be more permanent and cold) back up password systems.
Pages: « 1 ... 32600 32601 32602 32603 32604 32605 32606 32607 32608 32609 32610 32611 32612 32613 32614 32615 32616 32617 32618 32619 32620 32621 32622 32623 32624 32625 32626 32627 32628 32629 32630 32631 32632 32633 32634 32635 32636 32637 32638 32639 32640 32641 32642 32643 32644 32645 32646 32647 32648 32649 [32650] 32651 32652 32653 32654 32655 32656 32657 32658 32659 32660 32661 32662 32663 32664 32665 32666 32667 32668 32669 32670 32671 32672 32673 32674 32675 32676 32677 32678 32679 32680 32681 32682 32683 32684 32685 32686 32687 32688 32689 32690 32691 32692 32693 32694 32695 32696 32697 32698 32699 32700 ... 33304 »
  Print  

Jump to: