7/21 - 1 (1.3%)
7/28 - 11 (14.1%)
8/4 - 16 (20.5%)
8/11 - 7 (9%)
8/18 - 5 (6.4%)
8/25 - 5 (6.4%)
After August - 33 (42.3%)
Total Voters: 78

Pages: « 1 ... 33574 33575 33576 33577 33578 33579 33580 33581 33582 33583 33584 33585 33586 33587 33588 33589 33590 33591 33592 33593 33594 33595 33596 33597 33598 33599 33600 33601 33602 33603 33604 33605 33606 33607 33608 33609 33610 33611 33612 33613 33614 33615 33616 33617 33618 33619 33620 33621 33622 33623 [33624] 33625 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26431987 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
Paashaas
Legendary

Activity: 3510
Merit: 4556

View Profile
Today at 07:14:23 PM

yeah we could but realistically using btc as cash is not practical.

If the transaction is under 100 dollars and fees are high it simply does not work.

If btc does go to 200k which is possible the smallest on chain fee is maybe 440 sats or 1 dollar

so at a 200k price and 4 sats a byte fee we would be one dollar cost.

I can see this as being always true 1 dollar and up per send seems to be certain.

while doge is 10x the blocks and 1 doge per tx is only 11 cents even if it goes to a dollar a coin.

so for small 100 dollar sends doge is clearly better.

btc is not a p2p payment system anymore.

it is, still, just not for coffee size payments at the moment.
Lightning seems to stall a bit.
The main 'problem" is that people don't care to pay with an appreciating "currency'. They would rather pay with a depreciating one.
In that sense, doge is purrfect  Grin

Philipma1957 is a shitcoiner with heavy Doge bag trying to protect his shitcoin bag with utterly nonsence as ''Bitcoin is not a p2p payment system anymore''.

I thought i've seen it all over the years still these shitcoiners making new lows all the time.

a free market capitalist system,

In a free market capitalist system, high prices mean efforts are made to meet the demand. What we have is centrally controlled artificial scarcity.

If you refer to the 21 million BTC cap, it's decentralized scarcity based on proof-of-work (PoW) in a consensus system.

Any change to the 21 million cap in the source code would require a Bitcoin Improvement Proposal (BIP) which must be approved by at least 90% of the miners and the final most important decision comes from the Bitcoin community who have to upgrade to the new software version (which we most likely would refuse in this case).

EDIT:

Never mind, this was about fees, but still doesn't make sense.

Richy_T is a bigblocker who still believes Bitcoin is under centralised control by Blockstream.

Better ignore these parasites.
taufik123
Legendary
artcontest pizza

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1796

Rollbit.com | Crypto Futures

View Profile
Today at 07:22:16 PM
Merited by OutOfMemory (1)

Under $55,000 again, damn it. Was really hoping we’d reclaim $60,000 again this week.

Not comfortable with testing $50,000 again.

Come on BTC, please hold strong.

philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4214
Merit: 8284

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
Today at 07:25:33 PM
Merited by nutildah (2)

Doge is far superior for p2p in amount under $100

I am sticking with that until it is not true.

Does it mean I have 50,000 usd worth of doge nope.

My BTC to doge usd value is over 100 to 1.

At this moment in time Doge beats BTC as p2p. For under $100 payments.

BTW I am USA based and zelle kicks ass in USA instant payments up to $1000

Do I know about other countries not as much as I know about USA.

BTC is not a good choice p2p for under $100 in the USA.

Zelle and Doge are better.

Ojima-ojo

Activity: 812
Merit: 480

View Profile WWW
Today at 07:25:56 PM

OutOfMemory
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 3279

Man who stares at charts (and stars, too...)

View Profile
Today at 07:58:58 PM
Last edit: Today at 08:14:58 PM by OutOfMemory
Merited by vapourminer (1), Hueristic (1)

LSD has never treated me wrong, but I never abused it.

Yeah. But i did. Read on...

After all, and after slowly working myself out of depression and anxiety over the course of a decade, i had emerged to Me, v2.0. The person that i experience as myself, until today.
All i know is that i never want and need a LSD trip again, ever. It has taught me the lesson of my life.

I admit that I am not much of an experimenter with any kinds of psychedelics or mind altering drugs.. and yeah a bit whimpy like Biodom in that direction (at least so far in my life), yet I still wonder how you (OOM) can determine that you are not due for another trip, since maybe you were helped by one of your last trips.. but since we are never really completely the same person with the passage of time, how can you completely conclude that you are not going to be due for another trip to help you with some matters that were not part of you in the trip that you are considering to have had been your final one?

Yes, that's right, we are never the completely same person. I was explaining it a bit 'rong.
A better explanation: Before that LSD trip i experienced "me" as a kind of idea of a deeply bored (egocentric) self, while i was used to blame everyone and everything else when something went wrong in my life. After this trip, my old "me" (or idea of who i believed i was) kind of dissolved and i was forced to search for my real me, from a point where i was left with the remains of the crapped person i used to be.
If that is better understandable (which i doubt a wee bit, though).
There's a lot longer story/explanation with more background, i'll try my best to keep it short:

Imagine you are past teen age, still insecure and also a bit anxious. You started to work for good cash, rent your first apartment, you have had a girlfriend for two years about whom you never knew she was a narcissist, which just left you over night with the guy she used to secretly date for some weeks and completely ghosts you now, like literally walking away the moment she randomly crosses your way. You habe no idea you will never see her from less than 50m away. Even if you would, it would be one of four times, seen from today, which is about 30 years later. I even talked to the guy, years later, after she pulled off the same shitshow with him as well. He said he used to hate me, because she told him i abused and controlled her until she managed to flee with his help (yeah, sure). In the end, he was thrown out of his own apartment by her next guy, after she talked him into having to help a "close friend" to find a place to sleep and eat (that she already sucked and fucked when my successor wasnt home). This guy was really broken by her. In comparison, i was lucky, but i could relate a 100% to what he was going through.
Now, imagine you are quite broken by these events and as you are making your way through the weekend, trying to distract yourself with party and booze, some old friend offers you some LSD. Time to get distracted a little more, you think. And while all your company on this trip starts to enjoy it an hour after swallowing the small piece of paper soaked with Alice, you start to feel unusually miserable, followed by experiencing that everybodies face you come to see is looking the saddest way you ever saw.
That was, my inner self projected onto my environment, but i wasn't aware about that at the time. In the morning you get home, hit some bongs and start to feel out-of-body-like, and everything heavy and sad is falling off of you, like a bad dream.
When you wake up next time and finally go outside, you are struck by pure panic by the presence of any human being...
That's how it started. The journey of finding my real self and building a new life around it. This was the quest this LSD trip made me go on, and it took a painful while under medication and therapy, until i found my own way of getting ahead, which made me able to taper the meds without turning into a shaking bag of anxiousness.
About 30 years have passed. The first time i was able to think, write or talk about these experiences, without my muscles starting to get stiff and my heart start to race, must be about 8 to 10 years ago, i guess.

Anyway, my "second life" got way fucking better, and it obviously needed that dose of LSD for.
On the other hand, now try to second guess why i consider myself done with it (LSD) as well  Grin

Only turning bullish when price breaks ATH with a retest dump followed with a lift-off until then i remain uber bearish with the possible expectation a dump below $50k coming weekend.

Sheesh, same here. But let's see observe. I am also way too in-profit (in theoretical fiat terms) to really care. I can imagine to start sweating it if we re-visit $20k (wait, what did he just write?!), but as i'm long-term bullish and also long-term invested, i couldn't care less.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2268
Merit: 1782

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
Today at 08:01:15 PM

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 5194

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
Today at 08:05:44 PM
Merited by OutOfMemory (1), Gachapin (1)

Doge is 100% dependent on another shitcoin for its survival.

Sake is a generic term that means "alcoholic beverage". What we call sake, they specifically call Nihon-shu. It's more like wine than like whiskey. Approx 30-36 proof range.

sorry to smart ass, and quite delayed at that, but Nihonshuu has 15%-20%. The one with 25%-45% is Shouchuu.

A Liquor's Proof is Double Its Percentage of Alcohol by Volume.

So who's the smart ass now! Tongue
Gachapin
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 2014

bitcoin retard

View Profile
Today at 08:42:05 PM

Only turning bullish when price breaks ATH with a retest dump followed with a lift-off until then i remain uber bearish with the possible expectation a dump below $50k coming weekend.

fair enough
Gachapin
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 2014

bitcoin retard

View Profile
Today at 08:51:11 PM
Merited by Hueristic (1)

Doge is 100% dependent on another shitcoin for its survival.

Sake is a generic term that means "alcoholic beverage". What we call sake, they specifically call Nihon-shu. It's more like wine than like whiskey. Approx 30-36 proof range.

sorry to smart ass, and quite delayed at that, but Nihonshuu has 15%-20%. The one with 25%-45% is Shouchuu.

A Liquor's Proof is Double Its Percentage of Alcohol by Volume.

So who's the smart ass now! Tongue

Touchee!!  American exceptionalism strikes again

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alcohol_proof
The term was originally used in England and from 1816 was equal to about 1.75 times the percentage of alcohol by volume (ABV). The United Kingdom today uses ABV instead of proof. In the United States, alcohol proof is defined as twice the percentage of ABV. The definition of proof in terms of ABV varies from country to country.

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 09:01:17 PM

Explanation
Richy_T
Legendary

Activity: 2520
Merit: 2192

1RichyTrEwPYjZSeAYxeiFBNnKC9UjC5k

View Profile
Today at 09:24:01 PM
Merited by philipma1957 (1)

Better ignore these parasites.

Love you too, buddy.
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
Today at 09:32:11 PM

a free market capitalist system,
In a free market capitalist system, high prices mean efforts are made to meet the demand. What we have is centrally controlled artificial scarcity.
One could argue the efforts are to increase transaction capacity are (supposed to be) made off-chain.

yeah we could but realistically using btc as cash is not practical.

If the transaction is under 100 dollars and fees are high it simply does not work.

If btc does go to 200k which is possible the smallest on chain fee is maybe 440 sats or 1 dollar

so at a 200k price and 4 sats a byte fee we would be one dollar cost.

I can see this as being always true 1 dollar and up per send seems to be certain.

while doge is 10x the blocks and 1 doge per tx is only 11 cents even if it goes to a dollar a coin.

so for small 100 dollar sends doge is clearly better.

btc is not a p2p payment system anymore.

it is, still, just not for coffee size payments at the moment.
Lightning seems to stall a bit.
The main 'problem" is that people don't care to pay with an appreciating "currency'. They would rather pay with a depreciating one.
In that sense, doge is purrfect  Grin

its why I keep some doge around. but my btc is 100x the value of my doge.

why is that btc is for big and doge is for small.

been saying this for a long time.

off topic if you have amazon prime check out Peter Gunn seasons 1 ,2 and 3

then find some courageous cat and minute mouse shows.

tell me what you think of the two theme songs.
fillippone
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 16129

Fully fledged Merit Cycler - Golden Feather 22-23

View Profile WWW
Today at 09:49:01 PM

Explanation

Imagine telling in 2060 your grandsons that you paperhanded your bitcoins in 2024 for a sub 60K dollars.

"what? You sold your bitcoins for less than a litre(*) of milk?"

(*) Yes, I know you guys over there don't know what a litre is.

EDIT:VVV Honest giggle.
vapourminer
Legendary

Activity: 4424
Merit: 3793

what is this "brake pedal" you speak of?

View Profile
Today at 09:54:09 PM
Merited by fillippone (9), philipma1957 (3), Hueristic (1)

Imagine telling in 2060 your grandsons that you paperhanded your bitcoins in 2024 for a sub 60K dollars.

yes we "over here" know what a litre is smartass

as in my cat had a litre of kittens, plural is kindle of kittens

crushed it

Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 10:00:32 PM

crushed it

To be fair most Americans know what a 2 Liter Bottle is but not a litre. Lol

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 10:01:16 PM

Explanation
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
Today at 10:01:44 PM

crushed it

fuck metric
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 10:05:57 PM

crushed it

fuck metric

El duderino_
Legendary

Activity: 2604
Merit: 12671

BTC + Crossfit, living life.

View Profile
Today at 10:09:40 PM
Merited by fillippone (3), philipma1957 (1)

Just not build like the others

The dude preparing for UP.
Hueristic
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 10:10:35 PM

LSD has never treated me wrong, but I never abused it.

Yeah. But i did. Read on...

After all, and after slowly working myself out of depression and anxiety over the course of a decade, i had emerged to Me, v2.0. The person that i experience as myself, until today.
All i know is that i never want and need a LSD trip again, ever. It has taught me the lesson of my life.

I admit that I am not much of an experimenter with any kinds of psychedelics or mind altering drugs.. and yeah a bit whimpy like Biodom in that direction (at least so far in my life), yet I still wonder how you (OOM) can determine that you are not due for another trip, since maybe you were helped by one of your last trips.. but since we are never really completely the same person with the passage of time, how can you completely conclude that you are not going to be due for another trip to help you with some matters that were not part of you in the trip that you are considering to have had been your final one?

Yes, that's right, we are never the completely same person. I was explaining it a bit 'rong.
A better explanation: Before that LSD trip i experienced "me" as a kind of idea of a deeply bored (egocentric) self, while i was used to blame everyone and everything else when something went wrong in my life. After this trip, my old "me" (or idea of who i believed i was) kind of dissolved and i was forced to search for my real me, from a point where i was left with the remains of the crapped person i used to be.
If that is better understandable (which i doubt a wee bit, though).
There's a lot longer story/explanation with more background, i'll try my best to keep it short:

Imagine you are past teen age, still insecure and also a bit anxious. You started to work for good cash, rent your first apartment, you have had a girlfriend for two years about whom you never knew she was a narcissist, which just left you over night with the guy she used to secretly date for some weeks and completely ghosts you now, like literally walking away the moment she randomly crosses your way. You habe no idea you will never see her from less than 50m away. Even if you would, it would be one of four times, seen from today, which is about 30 years later. I even talked to the guy, years later, after she pulled off the same shitshow with him as well. He said he used to hate me, because she told him i abused and controlled her until she managed to flee with his help (yeah, sure). In the end, he was thrown out of his own apartment by her next guy, after she talked him into having to help a "close friend" to find a place to sleep and eat (that she already sucked and fucked when my successor wasnt home). This guy was really broken by her. In comparison, i was lucky, but i could relate a 100% to what he was going through.
Now, imagine you are quite broken by these events and as you are making your way through the weekend, trying to distract yourself with party and booze, some old friend offers you some LSD. Time to get distracted a little more, you think. And while all your company on this trip starts to enjoy it an hour after swallowing the small piece of paper soaked with Alice, you start to feel unusually miserable, followed by experiencing that everybodies face you come to see is looking the saddest way you ever saw.
That was, my inner self projected onto my environment, but i wasn't aware about that at the time. In the morning you get home, hit some bongs and start to feel out-of-body-like, and everything heavy and sad is falling off of you, like a bad dream.
When you wake up next time and finally go outside, you are struck by pure panic by the presence of any human being...
That's how it started. The journey of finding my real self and building a new life around it. This was the quest this LSD trip made me go on, and it took a painful while under medication and therapy, until i found my own way of getting ahead, which made me able to taper the meds without turning into a shaking bag of anxiousness.
About 30 years have passed. The first time i was able to think, write or talk about these experiences, without my muscles starting to get stiff and my heart start to race, must be about 8 to 10 years ago, i guess.

Anyway, my "second life" got way fucking better, and it obviously needed that dose of LSD for.
On the other hand, now try to second guess why i consider myself done with it (LSD) as well  Grin

Sheesh, same here. But let's see observe. I am also way too in-profit (in theoretical fiat terms) to really care. I can imagine to start sweating it if we re-visit $20k (wait, what did he just write?!), but as i'm long-term bullish and also long-term invested, i couldn't care less.

Yup, nothing like a good trip to really make you take a good look in the mirror. Smiley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WANNqr-vcx0
Pages: « 1 ... 33574 33575 33576 33577 33578 33579 33580 33581 33582 33583 33584 33585 33586 33587 33588 33589 33590 33591 33592 33593 33594 33595 33596 33597 33598 33599 33600 33601 33602 33603 33604 33605 33606 33607 33608 33609 33610 33611 33612 33613 33614 33615 33616 33617 33618 33619 33620 33621 33622 33623 [33624] 33625 »
  Print  

Jump to: