Bitcoin Forum
August 27, 2024, 10:16:47 PM *
News: All versions of Windows are affected by a critical security bug; make sure you update.

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: When will BTC get back above $70K:
7/14 - 0 (0%)
7/21 - 1 (1.1%)
7/28 - 11 (11.6%)
8/4 - 16 (16.8%)
8/11 - 7 (7.4%)
8/18 - 5 (5.3%)
8/25 - 7 (7.4%)
After August - 48 (50.5%)
Total Voters: 95

Pages: « 1 ... 33629 33630 33631 33632 33633 33634 33635 33636 33637 33638 33639 33640 33641 33642 33643 33644 33645 33646 33647 33648 33649 33650 33651 33652 33653 33654 33655 33656 33657 33658 33659 33660 33661 33662 33663 33664 33665 33666 33667 33668 33669 33670 33671 33672 33673 33674 33675 33676 33677 33678 [33679] 33680 33681 33682 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26449093 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
savetherainforest

Activity: 1876
Merit: 610

Plant 1xTree for each Satoshi earned!

View Profile
August 26, 2024, 08:38:13 PM

the unsolvable problem is my bro in laws dementia.

a lot of work for me and so many issues I could write a book about.

the maybe solvable I hope for a plan this wednesday. It is a personal health issue.

The pleasure of being 67 and everything feels okay but the tests are ugh.

and family history is ugh.

that sucks hard.  i know people that did everything right health wise and something random comes up and gets them.

i treated my body like a garbage can.. broken bones, broken brain cells. and im doing better than some good people and i had to witness their decline. its not fun especially when its family.

i hope you find a good solution.

I can 100% relate, I drink every day a very large amount of alcohol as my permanent diet. Cheesy Cheesy
Ambatman

Activity: 378
Merit: 209

I walk with the Light

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2024, 08:51:37 PM

A classic Monday down ….
Yeah but it's the end of the tunnel that matters.

On a side note
This survey belives women find men in crypto less attractive than anime.
Either this survey is wrong (and if not then I guess women standard are falling by the day) 
Or ladies in my country are the weird one for digging them
https://cointelegraph.com/news/crypto-ranked-top-unattractive-hobby-women-survey
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2282
Merit: 1800

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
August 26, 2024, 09:01:17 PM

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2024, 10:01:16 PM

Explanation
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3864
Merit: 4255

View Profile
August 26, 2024, 10:08:14 PM
Merited by vapourminer (1), JayJuanGee (1)

@BitcoinMagazine
BTC is currently outpacing its last two cycles 👀

Bullish 🚀

https://x.com/bitcoinmagazine/status/1828093237749256412

Seems we’ve taken a breather after the recent move up. It’s all good, there’s plenty of uppity to go in this cycle.
We still have rate cuts and Q4 which is traditionally very bullish in halving years (and that’s just 2024. Next year is when the real fun starts).

Things are looking good, we might even close the monthly green after a meaty wick to 49k a couple of weeks ago.

Gentlemen, everything looks set to make a lot of us the new wealthy elite in the next 12-18 months.

It depends..currently UHNWI level is typically considered at $30mil.
If 100% of wealth is in bitcoin:
you would need 200 btc at $150K/btc
or 100 btc at $300K/btc (150 btc at $200K/btc).

If, however, bitcoin is "just" 75% of your wealth (at 63.5K btc) and you would maintain such 75% ratio (I dunno, buy a "new" NVDA  Smiley), then you would need:
150 btc at 150K/btc
112.5 btc at 200K/btc
75 btc at 300K/btc

TL;DR I question the "a lot of us" part. Some-definitely, surely not "a lot".
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
August 26, 2024, 11:01:16 PM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 12:01:18 AM

Explanation
philipma1957
Legendary

Activity: 4228
Merit: 8394

'The right to privacy matters'

View Profile WWW
Today at 12:05:30 AM

drop dead buddy
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 01:01:16 AM

Explanation
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
Today at 01:11:33 AM

buddy just popping away.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 02:01:15 AM

Explanation
nutildah
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 8318

Happy 10th Birthday to Dogeparty!

View Profile WWW
Today at 02:31:29 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), philipma1957 (1), JayJuanGee (1), bitebits (1), DirtyKeyboard (1)

For some reason I came across the infamous Honey Badger video again today. It got me wondering when the first reference to it representing the price of Bitcoin occurred. So I found it. Here's the first reference in this thread:

The GIF in that comment is pretty awesome but won't show up on the forum b/c its on imgur, and its too big for TalkImg... almost 1.3 million views.

The next reference didn't happen until months later:

The honey badger is chewing through 2200 yuan right now.  Another 2000 BTC of flow puts the price at 2500 tonight, absent more supply.

It was mentioned earlier in a different thread:

Since you make honey stuff do you think we could get a new product made: honey badger?

I kind of like Bitcoin's new mascot.

A reference from a blog on Nov 8, 2012, which is probably where it all started:

Bitcoin allows for honey badger-like financial disintermediation through censorship-resistance while also having the lowest emission rate in the history of humanity.

In April 2013, Jon Matonis referred to Bitcoin as the "honey badger of money" in a Forbes op-ed.

In June 2013, there was a billboard campaign featuring the slogan, apparently funded by Roger Ver. T-shirts and socks were also made.

So there you go, the history of the honey badger & bitcoin, for anyone who may not already know.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3822
Merit: 10756

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
Today at 02:35:58 AM
Merited by AlcoHoDL (1)

@BitcoinMagazine
BTC is currently outpacing its last two cycles
Bullish 🚀

Seems we’ve taken a breather after the recent move up. It’s all good, there’s plenty of uppity to go in this cycle.
We still have rate cuts and Q4 which is traditionally very bullish in halving years (and that’s just 2024. Next year is when the real fun starts).

Things are looking good, we might even close the monthly green after a meaty wick to 49k a couple of weeks ago.Gentlemen, everything looks set to make a lot of us the new wealthy elite in the next 12-18 months.

What is wealth elite, gentlemen?   I know, I know the reference.. but still.

And, I know that we discussed variations on this topic before too.. but still...

I did not disagree with anything in your post in regards to our likely being ahead of schedule in regards to where we are at .. to the extent that there might be some kind of a schedule and in that regard we would be able to somewhat count on the fractal-like movements within 4-ish year cycles..  but still..

I still cannot figure out how there can be any kind of an exact guide to the multiple or the magnitude of any historical or potential future BTC price runs.. ..

Our upcoming BTC price run could end up being BIGg-ish or it could end up being not so bigg-ish, yet surely, I don't have any real issue in regards to expecting some kind of further UPpity that may well still end up falling within a kind of expected pattern, even after all of the back and forth of this and that fate of BTC, some kind of a pattern ends up continuing to hold true.. which truly is part of the reason that many of us stay in this here thingie-ma-jiggie that we call dee cornz.... .. so then within some kind of a pattern, we end up experiencing some kind of an overdoing of the price movement  and then a kind of settling back down from whatever BTC price move we end up experiencing.

Looking back we can see that in 2017 we had 78x-ish if we count from $250-ish to $19,666, but then our settling down period maybe we only ended up with an uppity of 17x to 32x, depending on the foundation of the settling down location price area, and the further lifting off location (perhaps it could be argued to be anywhere between $4,200 to $8k?).  There's hardly any room for mostly HODLers and/or BTC accumulators to complain about that kind of BTC price performanc, especially if they did a large amount of their BTC accumulation prior to mid-2017.. and of course, the earlier the BTC accumulation, the better, including end results of a kind of likelihood that some guys might have had already transitioned into a kind of wealthy elite, gentlemen (even if they were a gal).

It seems that in 2021 we should be claiming that our BTC price run is not was not as great since we might be able to consider our bouncing off location to be somewhere between $4,200 to $8k, and so I am going to suggest that the most exponential portion of the top would have had ONLY been in the ballpark of right between 8.5x and 16.5x, yet if we might consider $25k-ish as our settling back down price location, then we only got 3x to 6x out of that whole cycle.....

So I am currently gravitating towards considering $25k-ish as our current bouncing off location, so at this time we seem to only be in the early stages of our earliest price run period and so far if we go by current prices we are right around 2.5x of our growth period, and it would surely be nice to see something at least in the 10x price multiple (which gets us into bordering on magnitude price moves rather than multiples.. and since we are still within the first leg of the possible UPpity, I personally don't want to get ahead of myself in regards to where the settling down period might end up being.. so I guess in that regard, it still seems that 12 to 18 more months of Uppity might still be in the cards for this imaginary cycle that really is not a thing, except that it seem to be a thing.   

Bringing us back to the "new" wealthy elite, gentlemen question.. which I hardly have any ability to know what that might be in terms of the "we" (also described as "a lot of us") proposition.

In some sense, bitcoin seems to be continuously paying the long term holders and putting them into higher and higher statuses, even though likely not as good at spending our money... Even Saylor. .maybe Saylor was a mere multi-millionaire and perhaps a baby billionnaire, but surely he seems to have transitioned into multi-billionnaire status.. .. so in some sense, depending on starting points and clearly having some abilities to hang on to coins seems to count for something, too.

the maybe solvable I hope for a plan this wednesday. It is a personal health issue.

that sucks hard.  i know people that did everything right health wise and something random comes up and gets them.

i treated my body like a garbage can.. broken bones, broken brain cells. and im doing better than some good people and i had to witness their decline. its not fun especially when its family.

I can 100% relate, I drink every day a very large amount of alcohol as my permanent diet. Cheesy Cheesy

I might need to drink more, just for fun.

A classic Monday down ….
On a side note
Either this survey is wrong (and if not then I guess women standard are falling by the day) 
https://cointelegraph.com/news/crypto-ranked-top-unattractive-hobby-women-survey

Holy fuck, crypto? what is that supposed to mean?

Yeah if a guy is into crypto, then he is probably lost as fuck.

It is a fairly interesting idea and/or thread, but horey sheit Ambatman, you could have at least addressed the elephant in the room, which is the question of crypto and what the fuck is that?   Which also might mean to read the article and have some kind of potentially critical thinking opinion about it in terms of how it might relate to this topic of this thread.. .. which I am not going to deny that there is potential of the topic relating to this thread, and we might also need to explore how the article (including your seemingly going along with the article's listing of such a vague concept - namely "crypto") relates to the topic of this thread, too.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 03:01:17 AM

Explanation
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
Today at 03:28:06 AM
Merited by vapourminer (1), d_eddie (1), ivomm (1)

@BitcoinMagazine
Bullish 🚀

Things are looking good, we might even close the monthly green after a meaty wick to 49k a couple of weeks ago.Gentlemen, everything looks set to make a lot of us the new wealthy elite in the next 12-18 months.

And, I know that we discussed variations on this topic before too.. but still...

I did not disagree with anything in your post in regards to our likely being ahead of schedule in regards to where we are at .. to the extent that there might be some kind of a schedule and in that regard we would be able to somewhat count on the fractal-like movements within 4-ish year cycles..  but still..

I still cannot figure out how there can be any kind of an exact guide to the multiple or the magnitude of any historical or potential future BTC price runs.. ..

Our upcoming BTC price run could end up being BIGg-ish or it could end up being not so bigg-ish, yet surely, I don't have any real issue in regards to expecting some kind of further UPpity that may well still end up falling within a kind of expected pattern, even after all of the back and forth of this and that fate of BTC, some kind of a pattern ends up continuing to hold true.. which truly is part of the reason that many of us stay in this here thingie-ma-jiggie that we call dee cornz.... .. so then within some kind of a pattern, we end up experiencing some kind of an overdoing of the price movement  and then a kind of settling back down from whatever BTC price move we end up experiencing.

Looking back we can see that in 2017 we had 78x-ish if we count from $250-ish to $19,666, but then our settling down period maybe we only ended up with an uppity of 17x to 32x, depending on the foundation of the settling down location price area, and the further lifting off location (perhaps it could be argued to be anywhere between $4,200 to $8k?).  There's hardly any room for mostly HODLers and/or BTC accumulators to complain about that kind of BTC price performanc, especially if they did a large amount of their BTC accumulation prior to mid-2017.. and of course, the earlier the BTC accumulation, the better, including end results of a kind of likelihood that some guys might have had already transitioned into a kind of wealthy elite, gentlemen (even if they were a gal).

It seems that in 2021 we should be claiming that our BTC price run is not was not as great since we might be able to consider our bouncing off location to be somewhere between $4,200 to $8k, and so I am going to suggest that the most exponential portion of the top would have had ONLY been in the ballpark of right between 8.5x and 16.5x, yet if we might consider $25k-ish as our settling back down price location, then we only got 3x to 6x out of that whole cycle.....

So I am currently gravitating towards considering $25k-ish as our current bouncing off location, so at this time we seem to only be in the early stages of our earliest price run period and so far if we go by current prices we are right around 2.5x of our growth period, and it would surely be nice to see something at least in the 10x price multiple (which gets us into bordering on magnitude price moves rather than multiples.. and since we are still within the first leg of the possible UPpity, I personally don't want to get ahead of myself in regards to where the settling down period might end up being.. so I guess in that regard, it still seems that 12 to 18 more months of Uppity might still be in the cards for this imaginary cycle that really is not a thing, except that it seem to be a thing.   

Bringing us back to the "new" wealthy elite, gentlemen question.. which I hardly have any ability to know what that might be in terms of the "we" (also described as "a lot of us") proposition.

In some sense, bitcoin seems to be continuously paying the long term holders and putting them into higher and higher statuses, even though likely not as good at spending our money... Even Saylor. .maybe Saylor was a mere multi-millionaire and perhaps a baby billionnaire, but surely he seems to have transitioned into multi-billionnaire status.. .. so in some sense, depending on starting points and clearly having some abilities to hang on to coins seems to count for something, too.

A classic Monday down ….
On a side note

It is a fairly interesting idea and/or thread, but horey sheit Ambatman, you could have at least addressed the elephant in the room, which is the question of crypto and what the fuck is that?   Which also might mean to read the article and have some kind of potentially critical thinking opinion about it in terms of how it might relate to this topic of this thread.. .. which I am not going to deny that there is potential of the topic relating to this thread, and we might also need to explore how the article (including your seemingly going along with the article's listing of such a vague concept - namely "crypto") relates to the topic of this thread, too.

drinking some bourbon as I type this.

won't solve any problems but it tastes good.

Also leased a car spent some corn for down payment. First hybrid I ever owned
the sticker and a photo of it in my crowded garage

So going to spend some corn this year just in case I don't solve a certain issue.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 04:01:15 AM

Explanation
philipma1957
Legendary

View Profile WWW
Today at 04:36:59 AM

Well at least I did not double post and I still cut the mofo off.
As-Soon-As

Activity: 168
Merit: 111

View Profile
Today at 04:40:55 AM

#Bitcoin was 40 years of work. here

Bitcoin was 40 years in the making, and those who hold these Bitcoins are just getting started. So it is every holder's future if Bitcoin can be held for a long time, because it is the most success in our future. Bitcoin has been created with great diligence and care since we just started and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future.
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 8506

View Profile
Today at 04:46:20 AM

@BitcoinMagazine
Bullish 🚀

A classic Monday down ….
On a side note

drinking some bourbon as I type this.

won't solve any problems but it tastes good.

Also leased a car spent some corn for down payment. First hybrid I ever owned
the sticker and a photo of it in my crowded garage

So going to spend some corn this year just in case I don't solve a certain issue.

Ohhhhhh he got the leather!  Nice Smiley  Congrats philipma1957!
xhomerx10
Legendary

Activity: 3948
Merit: 8506

View Profile
Today at 04:54:47 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

~snip

The GIF in that comment is pretty awesome but won't show up on the forum b/c its on imgur, and its too big for TalkImg... almost 1.3 million views.

~snip

Seemingly. Seemingly, to the untrained eye,
I can fully understand how you got that impression.
What looked like "b/c its imgur"...what looked like
"its to too big for TalkImg"...was a safety precaution!

Pages: « 1 ... 33629 33630 33631 33632 33633 33634 33635 33636 33637 33638 33639 33640 33641 33642 33643 33644 33645 33646 33647 33648 33649 33650 33651 33652 33653 33654 33655 33656 33657 33658 33659 33660 33661 33662 33663 33664 33665 33666 33667 33668 33669 33670 33671 33672 33673 33674 33675 33676 33677 33678 [33679] 33680 33681 33682 »
  Print  

Jump to: