7/21 - 1 (1%)
7/28 - 11 (11.3%)
8/4 - 16 (16.5%)
8/11 - 7 (7.2%)
8/18 - 5 (5.2%)
8/25 - 7 (7.2%)
After August - 50 (51.5%)
Total Voters: 97

Pages: « 1 ... 33660 33661 33662 33663 33664 33665 33666 33667 33668 33669 33670 33671 33672 33673 33674 33675 33676 33677 33678 33679 33680 33681 33682 33683 33684 33685 33686 33687 33688 33689 33690 33691 33692 33693 33694 33695 33696 33697 33698 33699 33700 33701 33702 33703 33704 33705 33706 33707 33708 33709 [33710] 33711 33712 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26454630 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3836
Merit: 10816

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
Today at 12:50:12 AM
Last edit: Today at 06:55:29 AM by JayJuanGee
Merited by vapourminer (5), fillippone (3), Hueristic (1), sirazimuth (1), Lucius (1), bitebits (1)

.  Sometimes you are pathetic with your ego or at least you might have a little bit of a less arrogant way of framing the topic - though you seem to have difficulties being able to help yourself.
I just don’t care about your feelings. At all.

I struggle to appreciate how you could reasonably conclude that I had been writing from a place of "my feelings" rather than substantively responding to your post and also pointing out your own ongoing desires to incessantly pat ur lil selfie on the back.

In fact, you seem so threatened and triggered when I mention how extremely correct I am constantly, that one of the main reasons I do it now is to get your panties in a bunch.

I already responded to your allegation about me supposedly getting triggered, so I see no reason to address that wishful-thinking strawman allegation again.

Notice how I don’t give a shit what you do with your coins.

It seems to me that you gave enough of a shit to proclaim that you supposedly had been outperforming me in recent times since you supposedly did not lose money or value during bitcoin's recent 30%-ish drop, which even if true seems to be a so fucking what.  Do you think that I or many of the other longer term BTC holders/accumulator guys in this thread give too many shits about some trades that we might be able to make based on short term BTC price changes?  Most likely you are the one that has the burden to at least proclaim that you have beaten 63x returns that you could have had if you had just been DCA buying since May 2013, which surely could have had been and should have had been in your wheelhouse to easily accomplish such a thing, yet I imagine your ongoing fucking around with trading has caused you to underperform simple and straight-forward DCA and BTC accumulation/hodl strategies..

So as I illustrated earlier, if you had DCA invested $100 per week since May 2013, you would have invested $60k-ish and gotten 70-ish BTC (currently $3.8 million) over the past 11-ish years (which would have had been 63x-ish profits), yet alternatively you could have bought 70 BTC in 2013 in various purchases for less than $3,500 and then thereafter, just sat on your hands for the last 11.5-ish years without doing shit, and still had the value of 70 BTC with an investment of $3,500-ish (which would have had been 1,080x returns).  

So, I suppose that I was being overly easy on you by giving you the DCA scenario to beat (the 60x returns) rather than the one-time investment scenario that would have had caused you to even had better returns as long as you did not sell any of it (1,080x returns)... which is part of your problem in putting out posts suggesting that you are smarter than everyone else and you think that selling BTC actually brings you better profits than a more straight-forward buy/accumulate and HODL technique..

In essence, I doubt that you have any evidence that you had been able to achieve better than a pure buying accumulation scenario of BTC portfolio performance over the past 11-13 years by fucking around with trading rather than buying and holding.  You don't even assert that you did.. The ONLY thing that you assert is that you are smarter than everyone else and that you can see where the BTC price is going before it goes there, so therefore guys should either be trading or following your tips...

I just continue to point out how incredibly accurate and successful I’ve been for 13+ years now because I’ve earned that.

Let's get to the punchline.  Have you done better than 1,080x returns or not?  alternatively have you done better than 63x returns or not?

Since you are now trying to brag that you have been successful BTC trading ever since the beginning of your forum registration (which is June 2011), then maybe we should show the results of going all the way back to the beginning of your forum registration rather than giving you some benefit of the doubt that you might have had made some mistakes in the beginning, but no, not you.  You did not make any mistakes in the beginning, since you are too perfect to make mistakes, so therefore you have been banging 10s since the beginning of your forum registration. You did not need any kind of a 2-year learning period in order to work out the kinks of making mistakes that mere mortals might need.

So, if we go all the way back to June 1, 2011, we would not even need to have you investing $100 per week, we could lower your weekly investment amount down to $10 per week, and you would have invested $10 per week through that whole time, you would have had invested $6,930 and you would have accumulated 145.82 BTC.  Currently valued at about $7.86 million.  So right around 1,134x in profits..   Use this website to calculate:  https://costavg.com/

Have you done better than 1,134x in profits with your BTC holdings?  Needless-to-say, I have a lot of doubt about you being able to beat any of the various buy and hold strategies, even if we were to give you the lower boundary and easier to meet scenarios, even though you are proclaiming to be so great, wonderful and smart, but even your actions contradict the idea of success since many of us holders are not fucking around with trading, or bragging about it or trying to get others to engage in trading, and yet we have multiples and/or even magnitude levels of profits in our BTC portfolio holdings by merely employing buy and HODL strategies that do not really get into selling in order to buy more BTC at lower prices.. at least guys are not really bragging about those kinds of things here, except you and other traders are proclaiming to have such skills that are better than everyone else.

If that makes you feel some type of way it’s because you are jealous and that is a female trait. Be a man. Give me my flowers or outperform me. Being wrong continuously and acting like you have some superior knowledge just makes you come off as a fucking retard.

Now, you are just making up arguments that are mere speculations about facts.  I am not even proclaiming to have superior knowledge than you or anyone else, since DCA can be a way to blindly accumulate bitcoin in a longer term investment style, and without hardly any knowledge of the underlying and perhaps largely just knowledge about how much disposable income a guy has and how much of that disposable income that he is going to want to invest in bitcoin, which would imply either having good cashflow management skills or just building such cashflow management skills along the way, and so DCA tends to be a way to potentially be able to keep accumulating bitcoin over a number of years and holding through the whole process. which I did most of my BTC accumulation between 2014 and 2016.

If you have 100 btc at a cost value of 1k each you just sell 2 or 3 a year if you are 67

you have corn till you are 100 or 133.

if you have 100 btc at a cost value of 1k each you just sell 1 or 2 a year if you are 50

you have corn til you are 100 or 150.

my point is if you have 100 btc at a cost value average of 1k a coin  trading is not needed .

you can spend it even if you are 40 and spend 1.5 coins it takes 60 years to spend it all.

I think that you are making my point (or part of my point, or something related to my point) that relates to my sustainable withdrawal ideas... and I should not even proclaim that they are my ideas, even though I am attempting to tailor them to BTC's price performance and to suggest that you should be able to withdraw at a higher rate than withdrawal in traditional investments so that in BTC you are able to withdraw something ike 10% per year while in traditional withdrawal systems you can only withdraw 4% per year.

I understand that when you use strict numbers (rather than percentages) of withdrawing 1-3 BTC per year, then it becomes a bit easier to project out how many BTC you have left, or how long it takes to withdraw the whole thing, yet if you are withdrawing a percentage, then you never run out even though your amount continues to shrink and the dollar valuation of the remaining amount has to go  up by more than the amount withdrawn.

So part of my point is that if you reach a quantity of BTC that you know to be enough or more than enough, then you have so much cushion between the amount that you need and the amount that you have.. meaning that the amount that you have exceeds the amount that you need, especially if you also start to withdraw in terms of the dollar amounts that you need, and since many of us theorize that bitcoin is largely going to continue to go up in value higher than the debasement of the dollar and if the dollar debases into infinite numbers then the dollar largely would become irrelevant in such scenarios and bitcoin would have to be valued in terms of something more concrete, whether that would be in terms of gold, or Lamborghinis, our houses or big macs  or some other kind of good or service.

[edited out]
True, but bitcoin does not have to follow your "conditions".
If bitcoin would be 5K (as it was in the spring of 2020), selling 1-2 bitcoins a year makes little difference if you are slightly above average in pay grade.
I would say that any regular selling is erroneous (with a caveat below).
Bitcoin was made to either be VERY valuable or to hold little of that.

So, for most people the solution is to either almost never sell (apart from the elaborate scheme designed by @JJG)

I doubt that my scheme is very elaborate.  It just sounds complicated because we are still getting used to the ideas, but they are not that complicated.  Once you get to a status of over accumulation, you can get started with my withdrawal scheme that is either based on price and/or based on time.

OR to sell A LOT (in %) and, basically, leave.

That does not sound right.  Many of us did not get into bitcoin and hang out here for 10 years-ish in order to just sell everything into worthless fiat.  There is no other better place to put our value, apart from bitcoin.

There were a few examples of the latter here (where are the notorious V8 and HairyMclairy, not to mention many others)?

Is that why those guys are not here and abandoned us?

If they are alive, then they sold and are gone from this interest area.
It could be that they got bored, but "sell it and forget it" is so much likelier.

You seem to be speculating a lot and even putting guys into narrow boxes, since each of them could have sold chunks of their BTC stash and still be sitting on the rest of their BTC stash... maybe some desires to stop posting about it... which ends up in quite a bit of repetition and even arguing with folks (other forum members) in repetitious ways.

price or even getting below the 200-WMA of $38,760 would constitute that we would have had entered into a bear market.
Lol..so now you are talking we can be still in bull market if we are below 200 WMA end of Q3 / or in Q4 2024... The time frame we should have take off already.
In denial if it happens?

I think that all I was suggesting that going below the 200-WMA or even going below 20% above the 200-WMA would not necessarily in itself constitute that we would be in a bear market.

We are already in the last month of the 3rd quarter, and I hav e my doubts that you can prescribe that "we should have taken off already."  That seems ridiculous to suggest that we have to strictly stick within the confines of our previous 4-year cycle guidelines in order to stay "on schedule."  Bitcoin is already known for overshooting and undershooting within expected timeframes, and I am not even going to proclaim that I know why it does what it does, yet wrongly concluding that we are in a bear market or a bull market can really end up fucking up the way that you might decide to maintain your holdings.

Remember how cock-sure you were about various BTC prices that were lower than it's $15,479 bottom of 2022?  Sure, I thought that BTC prices were not even going to go as low as they did, but you were acting like a retarded dweeb with you level of confidence that BTC prices were going much lower, even though you weren't willing to enter into some kind of a reasonable bet, so who even knows if you were being genuine in your posturing efforts (or was it talking your book efforts?).  

I am having trouble figuring out what you find so out of touch about my statement in which it seems that I am largely trying to presume that we are in a bull market until we aren't and so yeah, I admit it, I am not sure exactly what would kick us out of our current bull market.. but surely using the 200-WMA as a kind of reference might help to shed light upon the matter.. yet one of the problems with currently relying on the 200-WMA, then maybe if we are dancing around the 200-WMA, then we likely are already bottom territories.

So maybe we have to use the 100-WMA, yet the 200 WMA and the 100 WMA are really close to each other right now, yet the 100 WMA is moving up faster (at about $50 per day) than the 200-WMA (at about $30 per day).  

If you saw earlier, my own criteria for a bear market is if it starts to seem that the odds for down are higher than the odds for up, and yeah, I will admit that I seem to be unable to identify when that has happened until after we are in a downtrend for a considerable amount of time, so so far in my bitcoin history, I have been considerably overly biased towards up.. to a fault.  Maybe i will improve in the future in such a way that I will be able to identify bear markets at an eariier point in time than I had been able to do historically?

What the fuck is happening right now in the crypto market in general, is a rollcoaster in this weeks/months.

Who cares about the crypto market?

And, by the way, what is "crypto" and how does it relate to the topic of this thread?
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1801

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
Today at 01:01:17 AM

Explanation
Chartbuddy thanks talkimg.com
Biodom
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 4287

View Profile
Today at 01:16:16 AM
Last edit: Today at 01:31:03 AM by Biodom

Just for curiosity sake:

Ben Cowen's no-landing, soft landing and hard landing numerology for bitcoin:

No-landing-turn around any minute/day. All things considered, I would prefer this one.
Soft landing-100wma at 39K (plus minus 2K). This is the one he favors.
Hard landing-400wma (wow!) at 21-23K

https://youtu.be/_zYhccye014?t=722

PlanB is probably not very happy rn and i would say that bitcoin as of today is on a deviation course from all that we knew beforehand as far as cycle timing, cost of production, scarcity (as far as stock to flow is concerned) etc, etc.

I, personally, have a particularly negative opinion about the stock to flow: according to that scheme, we should be valued higher than gold already (15-18 tril), so if we don't reach at least gold valuation in this cycle, stock to flow idea might die as a predicting model, going forward, with, perhaps, liquidity cycles replacing it.
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3934
Merit: 5288

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
Today at 01:29:16 AM

I, personally, have a particularly negative opinion about the stock to flow: according to that scheme, we should be valued higher than gold already (15-18 tril), so if we don't reach at least gold valuation in this cycle, stock to flow idea might die as a predicting model, going forward with, perhaps, liquidity cycles replacing it.

I've always pointed out the fact it doesn't take derivatives into account.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 01:53:09 AM

Just for curiosity sake:

Ben Cowen's no-landing, soft landing and hard landing numerology for bitcoin:

No-landing-turn around any minute/day. All things considered, I would prefer this one.
Soft landing-100wma at 39K (plus minus 2K). This is the one he favors.
Hard landing-400wma (wow!) at 21-23K

https://youtu.be/_zYhccye014?t=722

PlanB is probably not very happy rn and i would say that bitcoin as of today is on a deviation course from all that we knew beforehand as far as cycle timing, cost of production, scarcity (as far as stock to flow is concerned) etc, etc.

I, personally, have a particularly negative opinion about the stock to flow: according to that scheme, we should be valued higher than gold already (15-18 tril), so if we don't reach at least gold valuation in this cycle, stock to flow idea might die as a predicting model, going forward, with, perhaps, liquidity cycles replacing it.

Do you have any opinion about the various arguments that Giovanni Santostasi makes in regards to bitcoin fitting in a power law curve.  Surely I don't claim to understand it exactly, and he criticizes Plan B for failing to acknowledge that Stock to Flow is a power curve that has been unduly complicated by 4-year cycles... and I don't even really claim to understand Giovanni's criticism of Stock to Flow, though he seems to be arguing that powerlaw curve is more reliable since it gravitates towards a line that is on an upward trajectory that lessens over time.

In fillippone's Power Law thread pointed out a few podcasts in which Giovanni is interviewed.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 02:01:19 AM

Explanation
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 3576

born once atheist

View Profile
Today at 02:02:20 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Since you are now trying to brag that you have been successful trading ever since the beginning of your forum registration, then maybe we should show the results of going all the way back to the beginning of your forum registration rather than giving you some benefit of the doubt that you might have had made some mistakes in the beginning, but no, not you.  You are too perfect to make mistakes, so therefore you have been banging 10s since the beginning of your forum registration. ....

Ha!  Not to mention his past dealings with ....naaahh!...we won't go there. All the OG's on this forum know anyway.
JimboToronto
Legendary

Activity: 4130
Merit: 4766

You're never too old to think young.

View Profile
Today at 02:19:28 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1), sirazimuth (1)

What the fuck is happening right now in the crypto market in general, is a rollcoaster in this weeks/months.

While nobody here gives a rat's ass about some goofy crypto, let me assure you it will always be a loser's game.

Buy Bitcoin and enjoy real wealth.

Calling Bitcoin "crypto" is like calling people animals. Sure, humans technically are animals but some of us consider ourselves to be above sub-human species.

-----

By the way, there's a whole sub-forum dedicated to crypto speculation:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=224.0
sirazimuth
Legendary

Activity: 3486
Merit: 3576

born once atheist

View Profile
Today at 02:50:30 AM
Merited by fillippone (3)

....but some of us consider ourselves to be above sub-human species.

Yes, this needs to be emphasized more often on this here famous thread, else lurking normies and others may get the wrong idea... perhaps, perhaps??
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 03:01:20 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 04:01:15 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 04:19:29 AM

......Since you are now trying to brag that you have been successful trading ever since the beginning of your forum registration, then maybe we should show the results of going all the way back to the beginning of your forum registration rather than giving you some benefit of the doubt that you might have had made some mistakes in the beginning, but no, not you.  You are too perfect to make mistakes, so therefore you have been banging 10s since the beginning of your forum registration. ....
Ha!  Not to mention his past dealings with ....naaahh!...we won't go there. All the OG's on this forum know anyway.

I don't even mind giving OgNasty some space to recoup his reputation and let bygones be bygones, but he cannot even seem to help but to want to continue to sell and promote himself on a never ending basis... like he is the best thing since sliced bread, instead of trying to be more neutral and humble in regards to these various kinds of bitcoin accumulation matters or bitcoin portfolio management matters.

Surely, I could try to proclaim that I have higher than 54x profits right now, yet does it even matter very much?  I am NOT even suggesting that guys have to beat some kind of a strict DCA strategy or even that maybe their BTC price performance might have been half of a strict DCA strategy, yet they still could proclaim victory by still being in the BTC game and largely being in profits, yet at the same time realizing that the portfolios of some guys might have done better and some might have done worse, yet many of us would still be attempting to tailor our own strategies in accordance with our own particular 9-ish circumstances, which is going to vary from person to person.

I might not be as humble as I need to be either.  I am not sure, since I do look up my own numbers from time to time based on the time that I got into bitcoin, which was late November 2013, so surely we could adjust our BTC accumulation numbers and the amount that we had invested into BTC to show whether or not we have beaten a strict BTC accumulation strategy, yet I am proclaiming that whatever I did ended up beating a strict DCA approach.  We can look at the DCA charts and see that if a person had invested $100 per week into BTC since December 1, 20013 until present, he would have had invested just over $56k, and he would have had accumulated 46.31 BTC (valued currently at right about $2.5 million), and so that would be right around 44.6x in profits, even though I am claiming to currently be at right around 54x profits.

I think that part of the reason that my own BTC holdings beat a strict DCA approach is because I largely front-loaded my investment into BTC in the earliest days of my BTC investment (and not everyone is able to do that), and I did not selling BTC as a means to attempt to accumulate more BTC.  In other words, I did not sell any BTC until I concluded that I had reached a status of overaccumulation (which largely I reached that status in 2015), and so I didn't ever really get out of my status of having had overaccumulated BTC, which remains my current status today.  

It is true that if we calculate someone who early accumulated BTC from December 2013 until December 2016, and who had invested the same $56k, such a person would have had accumulated right around 144 BTC (which would have had been right around $7.77 million),  which would be nearly 139x profits.  So surely there are ways that I could have had reported even better profits than the 54x amounts that I am currently reporting for myself, so I am not even suggesting that my performance is the best or that I could have done better, even though surely I could have done worse, too, and members here might want to report that the greatly outperformed DCA, and there is nothing wrong with variance existing within the performances of the portfolios of members, and surely sometimes we do try to learn from our mistakes or even to suggest that our method did better than another method...so I am not even concerned if a member who is a bit of a bragger ended up outperforming my own BTC holdings.

Yet, maybe I become a bit more resentful about guys proclaiming that selling BTC in order to accumulate more of it is any kind of a sound BTC accumulation strategy, since we are not ONLY talking to bitcoin veterans in this thread, but we are also talking to newbies who are still in relatively early stages of building their BTC holdings, so strategies that I tend to suggest are meant for everyone yet also somewhat sensitive to the plight of the bitcoin newbie or the bitcoin BTC accumulator/investor who is in his first cycle of BTC accumulation, and so I still consider that the same rules apply whether we are in our first cycle or it might even take longer than a whole cycle for any bitcoin investor to get to a status of either having had accumulated enough or to have had overaccumulated, which I believe is what is needed before even considering selling any BTC (beyond sell and replace), yet members like OgNasty, and even other members promoting BTC trading, are suggesting that BTC trading is a reasonable method to accumulate more BTC, and surely I don't agree with that kind of an assessment or approach to bitcoin accumulation.  

From my perspective, it becomes even worse when guys become arrogant about using BTC trading as a method to supposedly accumulate more BTC, which from my point of view is more likely to result in members losing bitcoin (and/or losing value) rather than gaining bitcoin (gaining value), even if some members proclaim that they have become BTC trading experts.  Trading takes more skills rather than either predicting the BTC price or following someone who supposedly knows everything.
estenity

Activity: 1923
Merit: 538

View Profile
Today at 04:31:50 AM
Merited by JayJuanGee (1)

Stocks down --> Bitcoin down.

Stocks up --> Bitcoin up.

at least partially true, financial crisis presently brewing, and we know that wall street is now part of us.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/kamala-karnage-market-goes-haywire

two days of red markets in one month, yesterday was uniformly red.

warren buffets selling big chunk of big bank, why ?

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/warren-buffett-continues-dumping-bofa-shares

normally btc should react positively, but ?
DaRude
Legendary

Activity: 2881
Merit: 1863

In order to dump coins one must have coins

View Profile
Today at 04:55:30 AM
Merited by LFC_Bitcoin (3), JayJuanGee (1)

at least partially true, financial crisis presently brewing, and we know that wall street is now part of us.

In last 10 days, since 27August, BTC ETFs unloaded $1,186B or about BTC20,5k (over 1,5 months of supply just in 10 days). With the whole Durov saga hedge funds might be thinking we're entering the "they fight us" stage and unloading corn.  Very telling that blackrock had 0 flow in those past 10 days except for one day 29Aug where they had -$13,5MM outflow. That is, on 27Aug corn was at ~$62k and today ETFs closed around ~$53,5k and all 0 flow days except for one.

The other issue is the correlation with the "risk-on" assets. This might be part of the "taming bitcoin". As long as funds holding BTC treat it as a risk-on asset it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, and traders gonna trade...
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 05:01:15 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 06:01:19 AM

Explanation
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 06:06:16 AM

In last 10 days, since 27August, BTC ETFs unloaded $1,186B or about BTC20,5k (over 1,5 months of supply just in 10 days). With the whole Durov saga hedge funds might be thinking we're entering the "they fight us" stage and unloading corn.  Very telling that blackrock had 0 flow in those past 10 days except for one day 29Aug where they had -$13,5MM outflow. That is, on 27Aug corn was at ~$62k and today ETFs closed around ~$53,5k and all 0 flow days except for one.

The other issue is the correlation with the "risk-on" assets. This might be part of the "taming bitcoin". As long as funds holding BTC treat it as a risk-on asset it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy, and traders gonna trade...

I don't know from where you are getting your data, since when I look at the Bitcoin spot ETF data on https://farside.co.uk/btc/, I see negative outflows nearly every day for the last 9 business days (two weeks) for both Black Rock and for overall negative outflows too, except Monday, August 26 was overall positive.  

ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 07:01:16 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 08:01:15 AM

Explanation
ChartBuddy
Legendary

View Profile
Today at 09:01:18 AM

Explanation
Pages: « 1 ... 33660 33661 33662 33663 33664 33665 33666 33667 33668 33669 33670 33671 33672 33673 33674 33675 33676 33677 33678 33679 33680 33681 33682 33683 33684 33685 33686 33687 33688 33689 33690 33691 33692 33693 33694 33695 33696 33697 33698 33699 33700 33701 33702 33703 33704 33705 33706 33707 33708 33709 [33710] 33711 33712 »
  Print  

Jump to: