June 30, 2024, 03:21:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What happens first:
New ATH - 43 (69.4%)
<$60,000 - 19 (30.6%)
Total Voters: 62

Pages: « 1 ... 6781 6782 6783 6784 6785 6786 6787 6788 6789 6790 6791 6792 6793 6794 6795 6796 6797 6798 6799 6800 6801 6802 6803 6804 6805 6806 6807 6808 6809 6810 6811 6812 6813 6814 6815 6816 6817 6818 6819 6820 6821 6822 6823 6824 6825 6826 6827 6828 6829 6830 [6831] 6832 6833 6834 6835 6836 6837 6838 6839 6840 6841 6842 6843 6844 6845 6846 6847 6848 6849 6850 6851 6852 6853 6854 6855 6856 6857 6858 6859 6860 6861 6862 6863 6864 6865 6866 6867 6868 6869 6870 6871 6872 6873 6874 6875 6876 6877 6878 6879 6880 6881 ... 33496 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Wall Observer BTC/USD - Bitcoin price movement tracking & discussion  (Read 26409034 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic. (174 posts by 3 users with 9 merit deleted.)
gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 05:54:28 PM

IMO we are at a point where we have a lot of high net worth, major corps, and invesent funds investing in Bitcoin. The days of huge swings, massive outbreaks, and downward spirals are over. I think we will see peaks and valleys in the range of 2-3% possibly at a faster pace than traditional stocks rise and fall but like I said to many major players now have too much to lose not to control the price. Not only that but if more retailers are to enter the "accepting" bitcoin game then the price has to show signs of long term stability and I think that's what we are seeing here. Long term investment growth, price stability for retailers to enter bitcoin, wider acceptance by the general public who don't have the knowledge or skills to enter a highly volatile market.

That's just my guess, he'll we could be at $1,000 on Monday. Who the hell knows.

A lot of high net worth, major corps and investment funds are investing into a 8 Billion capsize, very little of which is for sale ?

Such entities investing in bitcoin in a conservative manner would bring the price at least 100 times higher.
Such entities investing in bitcoin aggressively would bring the price about 1000 times higher.

These entities still have not touched bitcoin with a pole stick.

If any big money has had a dabble it's been far away from any exchange and so there's a negligible effect on price. We're still a long, long way from them arriving in any numbers.
ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:01:08 PM

Explanation
hdbuck
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1002

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:01:11 PM

running outta steam. bitcoin prediction price back in the $400s by the end of the month Tongue

http://www.btcpredictions.com/?submit=

sell sell sell Grin
SirChiko
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:01:48 PM

We are few days on circa 650$ and everybody is already writting essays how market is mature and stable already...i don't think that's true and we will see it in couple of days for sure.
Even thought i would be happy if it would get more stable or stable rising Grin
MahaRamana

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:03:06 PM

IMO we are at a point where we have a lot of high net worth, major corps, and invesent funds investing in Bitcoin. The days of huge swings, massive outbreaks, and downward spirals are over. I think we will see peaks and valleys in the range of 2-3% possibly at a faster pace than traditional stocks rise and fall but like I said to many major players now have too much to lose not to control the price. Not only that but if more retailers are to enter the "accepting" bitcoin game then the price has to show signs of long term stability and I think that's what we are seeing here. Long term investment growth, price stability for retailers to enter bitcoin, wider acceptance by the general public who don't have the knowledge or skills to enter a highly volatile market.

That's just my guess, he'll we could be at $1,000 on Monday. Who the hell knows.

A lot of high net worth, major corps and investment funds are investing into a 8 Billion capsize, very little of which is for sale ?

Such entities investing in bitcoin in a conservative manner would bring the price at least 100 times higher.
Such entities investing in bitcoin aggressively would bring the price about 1000 times higher.

If any big money has had a dabble it's been far away from any exchange and so there's a negligible effect on price. We're still a long, long way from them arriving in any numbers.

Sure, some private deals have been made here and there. But if we talk about the macroeconomic aggregates of "wealthy individuals", "major corporations" and "investment funds" on a global basis, I don't think 0.1% (1 out of 1000) of these entities have invested anything significant in bitcoin.
KFR

Activity: 560
Merit: 500

Per ardua ad luna

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:03:27 PM

*snip
I will try and keep this thread clean, with only facts, current trends, past price movements, depth charts, etc.
*snap

so far so good.
mehhhehehe Grin

Grin

I can't pass up another opportunity to thank Adam for 'maintaining' this thread.  Cool
JayJuanGee
Legendary

Activity: 3766
Merit: 10451

Self-Custody is a right. Say no to"Non-custodial"

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:05:41 PM

By the way, I believe that historically, it has been more common for weekends to be slower and lower volume and dump rather than rising periods, so in that regard the last two weekends of rallies were probably more flukes than anything.

There are probably a lot of long time posters here that can say more particularly if they believe weekends to be  a dumping time or a pumping time and if there is pumping, it would be more in line with the very end of the weekend rather than the beginning or the middle of the weekend.

Why rely on belief? Historical market data is freely available, any trend like the weekend slump should be visible there.

I was quickly describing my perception... which may or may NOT be correct, as you noted, which is different from looking up the answer and coming to an answer based on that.  Surely, as you also seem to strongly imply,  looking up the data could be more reliable, so long as a person can understand the data sufficiently in order to make such a conclusion.. like looking at volume, and, if technical reliability is what is being sought. 

I was stating my perception and seeking similar response(s)... concerning perceptions.. that may even be longer in time or more accurate than mine.
Nightowlace

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 06:08:17 PM

I think you're absolutely wrong. Many high net worth individuals have come out to say they own bitcoin. We also have funds like second market, and more in the works. These people do not nor would they buy bitcoins on any of the exchanges that exist today. They would again IMO go to the major holders of today's Bitcoin and secure OTC purchases. They might even go to the major mining pools and buy direct. It wouldn't surprise me if a mining pool has already secured contracts to sell so many bitcoins at a set price over a period of mining to some key players. Everyone has an eye and a toe dipped into bitcoin, it's to risky not to, and when the time is right we will see what they want to do with it. One thing I can promise is you and I have no control, all we can do is sit back and enjoy whatever ride we are on.
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:11:29 PM

I don't know dick about bullish or bear sjit.
But are we starting another rise ? pretty bored.

Well I don't either, but it's pretty bullish around here at least at the moment... Check the poll results.

The resident bears haven't posted for a while, and the resident trolls even seem to have given up (for the moment).

This is Bitcoin though, so anything could happen.  Roll Eyes

knock on wood... he he he... bears and trolls like to take weekends off too, once in a while.
FredysCat

Activity: 1
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2014, 06:14:16 PM

Wall Observer
A free service brought to you by the bitcoin community

Whenever there is a significant change in market depth, please update this thread with a new depth chart, and a good price chart with some TA is also welcome, feel free to comment on these if you have something to worth contributing, ( if your post is not at all TA it will be deleted )

Posting guild lines:
 Please lets keep this thread clean. ( I will be removing any off topic posts )
 Do not post random comments on this thread, unless it is directly related to the last wall update (ex. The 20K ask was was NOT sold into, it was removed after being tested)
 When you post a chart please use bitcoincharts.com, mtgoxlive.com, btccharts.com or bitcoinity.com

as requested, i have started a new thread.
this thread is now a self-moderated topic.
I will try and keep this thread clean, with only facts, current trends, past price movements, depth charts, etc.
I promise to not delete post simply because i do not agree with the bearish TA.

thank you for your input!

We needed more regulation around this bitch.

the rules of this thread is an attempt to keep this thread from having +1000 post when price is doing big moves, and instead relay important indicators during critical moments.
also when the market is more calm we can expect to see wall posts and TA price charts, back to back without any relevant chatting, making easier to analyze.
there are other threads where speculators can discuss their sentiment, just not here...

That 1000+ page thread was getting kinda useless.

How about bitcoinium.com pics? I can never get mtgoxlive to load Undecided

thats fine too,
I'm looking for quality charts or good TA bearish or bullish.

asking good questions example....

Interesting pattern I've noticed. It's been sort of bouncing downwards for the last 4 days. Is there a technical term for this sort of thing?

https://i.imgur.com/Px5bq7M.png

is also welcome here.

just don't be posting about your "FEELINGS" and you won't get delete.  Tongue
JayJuanGee
Legendary

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:47:29 PM

I keep thinking about his, and sooner or later those off exchange transactions are going to hit the exchanges, no?  especially when it seems that we have increases in adoption, and then people gotta get their coins from somewhere.  The ones selling off the exchanges have to replenish.. likely miners.. but then still if new people are coming in then there is more and more demand.

I agree that institutional investors have NOT come into bitcoin in any meaningful way.. there may be some dabbling at best, but at some point there's gotta be a skyrocketting effect, whether this week or two months from now.
MahaRamana

Activity: 338
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 06:59:36 PM
Last edit: June 07, 2014, 07:17:18 PM by MahaRamana

I think you're absolutely wrong. Many high net worth individuals have come out to say they own bitcoin. We also have funds like second market, and more in the works. These people do not nor would they buy bitcoins on any of the exchanges that exist today. They would again IMO go to the major holders of today's Bitcoin and secure OTC purchases. They might even go to the major mining pools and buy direct. It wouldn't surprise me if a mining pool has already secured contracts to sell so many bitcoins at a set price over a period of mining to some key players. Everyone has an eye and a toe dipped into bitcoin, it's to risky not to, and when the time is right we will see what they want to do with it. One thing I can promise is you and I have no control, all we can do is sit back and enjoy whatever ride we are on.

Many like 1 out of 1000 ?

The combined wealth of all HNWI in the world is 50 trillions USD (without their primary residence). If only 1% of these people would put only 10% of their wealth (without home) in BTC, the market cap would already be 50 billions.
That's only 1% of them and only 10% of their wealth without home.
And that's without talking about any other entity.
And that's assuming that all early adopters sell them their coins.

A few HNWI claiming they bought bitcoins in the media is not representative of what is happening. I maintain that HNWI still didn't touch bitcoin (0.1% could not be considered meaningful).

ChartBuddy
Legendary

Activity: 2226
Merit: 1779

1CBuddyxy4FerT3hzMmi1Jz48ESzRw1ZzZ

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:01:07 PM

Explanation
findftp
Legendary

Activity: 1022
Merit: 1006

Delusional crypto obsessionist

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:30:00 PM

+1 I agree.
And boy do I like this ride!
Either way, zero or infinite, I'll never forget this chronic adrenaline rush.
CoinHamster

Activity: 101
Merit: 10

฿ ฿ ฿ ฿ ฿

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:35:37 PM

here we go
bitstamp starts rising...
deadley
Legendary

Activity: 2562
Merit: 1064

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:42:14 PM

here we go

I dont think so its almost same like before just sideway movement nothing interesting happening in Stamp.
faalhaas

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:42:41 PM

here we go

No ? 653..
RandomPedestrianN9

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:45:21 PM

Look at all the average Joes buying in, because BTC solves a problem for them and doesnt add 10 new problems. Almost 500 000 000 ppl use BTC daily to purchase goods and not to hold it for the rest of their lives....because deflation makes sense in economy.
nioc
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:48:04 PM

Who is this everyone?  

As far as OTC transactions, If these people are selling OTC they aren't selling on exchanges.  How does that effect exchange prices?
hyphymikey

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 07, 2014, 07:48:46 PM

It's funny seeing people, who weren't even around when this thread started, posting about it's content and rules. Almost as funny as the couple of bears who just came out of the woods once the price had stalled calling for a crash.

-----

On another note, since we didn't rise this weekend and didn't fall I expect new money coming on during the week to finally get us moving up again.
Pages: « 1 ... 6781 6782 6783 6784 6785 6786 6787 6788 6789 6790 6791 6792 6793 6794 6795 6796 6797 6798 6799 6800 6801 6802 6803 6804 6805 6806 6807 6808 6809 6810 6811 6812 6813 6814 6815 6816 6817 6818 6819 6820 6821 6822 6823 6824 6825 6826 6827 6828 6829 6830 [6831] 6832 6833 6834 6835 6836 6837 6838 6839 6840 6841 6842 6843 6844 6845 6846 6847 6848 6849 6850 6851 6852 6853 6854 6855 6856 6857 6858 6859 6860 6861 6862 6863 6864 6865 6866 6867 6868 6869 6870 6871 6872 6873 6874 6875 6876 6877 6878 6879 6880 6881 ... 33496 »
  Print  

Jump to: