Bitcoin Forum
April 25, 2024, 01:57:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: the crash is over?  (Read 4591 times)
superduh (OP)

Activity: 602
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 16, 2013, 11:58:44 PM

not counting the day traders causing a lot of volatility is it possible that the crash may actually be settling
obviously, noone has any actual idea.
some people who have a lot of coins might try to manipulate
but it's been 3 days since the "disaster"
wouldn't everyone who wanted to cash out have cashed out by now?
i would assume that people feel confident at a certain level
it's been 3+ days. good or bad assumption

ok

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
In order to get the maximum amount of activity points possible, you just need to post once per day on average. Skipping days is OK as long as you maintain the average.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
checkers6676

Activity: 128
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 12:04:37 AM

i have buy orders spread from here to china. and sell orders spread from there back. i am eBrluaBl (an exact and equal mix of Bear and Bull, in no particular order)
NikolaTesla

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 12:07:14 AM

I would imagine everyone who has wanted to get out has gotten out by now, and we're left with long-term holders, which would technically make it a new bull market. I don't expect any kind of euphoric bubbles again, but I think there is not much the market can do besides go up.
Ekaros

Activity: 728

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 12:07:27 AM

Crash is over, correction will continue...

12pA5nZB5AoXZaaEeoxh5bNqUGXwUUp3Uv
http://firstbits.com/1qdiz
Feel free to help poor student!
BitcoinAshley

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 12:55:29 AM

Correction is losing momentum and we are seeing massive volumes during significant moves.
BitPirate

Activity: 238

RMBTB.com: The secure BTC:CNY exchange. 0% fee!

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:14:36 AM

Looks like it -- buying pressure is increasing again. There is a big wall at $60 and $61 -- yesterday it was at $50; it look slike buyer sentiment is improving.

Still lots of selling pressure too, but she seems to be holding up well.

Anonymouss

Activity: 28

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 01:21:49 AM

I don't think it will ever stable out 100% if people arnt willing to use it as currency. They only see it as an investment which is a shame because the potential is there we just have to utilize it.
nobbynobbynoob

Activity: 784
Merit: 1000

Annuit cœptis humanae libertas

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 01:30:09 AM

I don't think it will ever stable out 100% if people arnt willing to use it as currency. They only see it as an investment which is a shame because the potential is there we just have to utilize it.

I use it both ways.

There won't be stability in any case while BTC trades at penny-stock prices. As the ecosystem expands, the net demand for BTC will rise, pushing the price up with it. But a steadily increasing price draws in the speculators and get-rich-quick crowd, fuelling the next bubble, which pops, and around and around we go...

There should be more stability at $10/mBTC. Grin

Earn Free Bitcoins!   Earn bitcoin via BitcoinGet
BTC tip: 1PKkvuwC24Vqjv9odigXs1QVzE66jEJqmb (if <200 µBTC, please donate to charity)
LTC tip: LRqXaNdF79QHvhPpS5AZdEJZnLiNnAkJvq (if <Ł0,05, please donate to charity)
anonymous_hero

Activity: 25

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:25:18 AM

I'm still bearish.  Using the June 2011 "crash" as a reference for how this one will turn out, prices will continue to drop for some time.  Obviously things are different in many ways now, but I think the price will steadily drop for some time.  We'll see whether I'm wrong soon.   Wink
botlove

Activity: 49

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:29:30 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xN4XpIbEY-Y

=)
fitty

Activity: 728
Merit: 501

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 02:31:48 AM

2011?

Was Beiber even born back then? Wasn't Regan president?

Past performance is not an indication of future results. If only it was that easy, we'd all be rich. Luckily I'm old enough I was there in 2011, this isn't remotely close to what happened then.

I'm still bearish.  Using the June 2011 "crash" as a reference for how this one will turn out, prices will continue to drop for some time.  Obviously things are different in many ways now, but I think the price will steadily drop for some time.  We'll see whether I'm wrong soon.   Wink

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
SlipperySlope

Activity: 686
Merit: 501

Stephen Reed

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 04:23:18 AM

After the high on Wednesday, June 8, 2011, at 31.90, the previous bitcoin bubble dropped to just 2.20. That drop took 159 days and most of the time the rate of decline was about 1% a day.  There were several high volume capitulations along the way.

To the extent that this bubble is typical, this crash is not over - the losses for buyers above 70 are only going to increase.
bitcon
Legendary

Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 04:31:47 AM

the crash is over. whether we slide downhill or get wind under our wings nobody knows.
xorglub

Activity: 204

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 04:56:31 AM

Impossible to know for sure...

Arguments for :
* record volume trying to sell into the $50 support, twice, not broken. Capitulation ?
* fundamentals look great. Lots of new businesses and buyers. MtGox seems to have fixed their lag problem.
* lots of confidence that was not present in 2011 - at the time it was the first bubble and no one knew if Bitcoin would survive. Today its recovery is a question of when, not if.
* forum bears are quieter again (not just Proudhon, whether he's trolling to desperately get the price down or genuinely bullish, it's a bullish sign either way)
* usual eliott wave analysis of 0->30 = wave 1, 30->2 = wave 2, 2->266 = wave 3, 266->? = wave 4 implies that the low of wave 4 must be >32. Does not let much further downside than what we've already retraced from the 266 high.

Arguments against :
* even though we're now back at $70, we are not officially clear of the downtrend channel that started with the first bounce to $130 after the bubble popped. That rally may just be a correction for dropping 50% in a day (100->50) and the downtrend may contine slowly.
* bubble deflation was too quick ?
* still lots of people speculating. Way too much IMHO. The bulls are still in "yeah $100 by next week woohoo !" mode; after the true bottom I would expect the rally to restart very slowly, not go from $50 to $80 and back to $65 in less than a day.

What do you think ?
checkers6676

Activity: 128

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 05:01:43 AM

nice list of points. it should be noted that the wall at 70, which I believe is currently holding up the current price, is the work of a handful of people (all of those buy orders appeared together over a few minutes), and when that person/people log off for the day where ever they are (canceling their buy orders if they dont actually want them filled, and I believe they dont or there'd be a lot more volume via market buys), then the price will drop back into 60s range.
mp420

Activity: 501

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:48:09 AM

This crash was not a mere correction. I for one am buying back when I see a reason to on the weekly chart.
Frozenlock

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 06:53:10 AM

Link?  Smiley
ManBearPig

Activity: 350

"Don't go in the trollbox, trollbox, trollbox"

View Profile WWW
April 17, 2013, 07:31:17 AM

Today it is my opinion (caveat!) that we will see our first green candlestick since the crash.

I tweet crypto nonsense: https://twitter.com/DunningKruger_
rpietila
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:49:07 AM

This crash was not a mere correction. I for one am buying back when I see a reason to on the weekly chart.

That's good. I would think it nets you more than it takes.

I would give a 20% chance now, that bitcoin in a major traded exchange would go below $50, 12% for a visit to $32. (Before end of 2013)

Less than 5% that we linger at around 50 next autumn.

HIM TVA Dragon, AOK-GM, Emperor of the Earth, Creator of the World, King of Crypto Kingdom, Lord of Malla, AOD-GEN, SA-GEN5, Ministry of Plenty (Join NOW!), Professor of Economics and Theology, Ph.D, AM, Chairman, Treasurer, Founder, CEO, 3*MG-2, 82*OHK, NKP, WTF, FFF, etc(x3)
Miz4r
Legendary

Activity: 1246
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 17, 2013, 07:53:26 AM

I think the worst is behind us. The market has tried to break through the $50 support twice and failed, this gives confidence and makes speculators afraid to try that a third time and fail again. We're going up again with a slowly rising support level is my opinion.

Bitcoin = Gold on steroids
Pages: [1] 2 3 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: