Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 11:56:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Ethereum Mining NoDevFee 0% v15.0 🔥  (Read 164773 times)
NikWing

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:04:46 PM

since you tested this nodevfee program it's safe to use, I guess?
I'm always a bit scared about included keylogger and such things, claymore's miner also is closed source (and I always thought stuff on github is open source haha XD)

the readme is a bit puzzling. in the video they suggest to add the port in the batch file (along with the wallet address)
the moment I started nodevfee with the port added to the command line it tried to add the bat file to the autostart folder ... this didn't happen when I 1st started it without the port Shocked
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
tesar

Activity: 43

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:09:14 PM
Last edit: July 13, 2017, 06:20:03 PM by tesar

I'm always a bit scared about included keylogger and such things, claymore's miner also is closed source (and I always thought stuff on github is open source haha XD)

the readme is a bit puzzling. in the video they suggest to add the port in the batch file (along with the wallet address)
the moment I started nodevfee with the port added to the command line it tried to add the bat file to the autostart folder ... this didn't happen when I 1st started it without the port Shocked

7.1 doc says you do not need port added.

by the way claymore sources are not on github publicly. Only the binary builds are, that does not mean open source.
tesar

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:23:00 PM

anyone confirm 7.1 NoDevFee works with Claymore 9.7? does it detect NoDevFee 7.1? I am still on 9.5
NikWing

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:34:31 PM

tesar, you're right, it's under 7.0 and I had to read twice until I saw it XD *so tired*

I currently try it using 9.7, no visible error messages yet

by the way, how do I notice stale shares with nanopool? If the number of shared mentioned there is the same as claymore reports, does it mean that there was no stale share?

it would be nice to add a workername (or if nodevfee it would use the same as the one set on claymore), but oh well Smiley
pomak

Activity: 14

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:36:59 PM

Don't worry, if the software has that kind of behaviors, it is detectable. Closed source program doesn't mean it can do whatever it wants. It communicates with your OS's environment and also with the internet. That means you can't know actually how it is implemented but you can detect what it does, how it interacts with the other elements.
tesar

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 06:52:44 PM

tesar, you're right, it's under 7.0 and I had to read twice until I saw it XD *so tired*

by the way, how do I notice stale shares with nanopool? If the number of shared mentioned there is the same as claymore reports, does it mean that there was no stale share?

it would be nice to add a workername (or if nodevfee it would use the same as the one set on claymore), but oh well Smiley

I switched from nanopool to ethermine.. I dont remember seeing stale shares being reported on nanopool, not sure if they pay for stale shares like ethermine.
doktor83

Activity: 2520
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
July 13, 2017, 06:55:52 PM

I switched from nanopool to ethermine.. I dont remember seeing stale shares being reported on nanopool, not sure if they pay for stale shares like ethermine.

are you sure that ethermine still pays for stale shares?

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
NikWing

View Profile
July 13, 2017, 07:06:35 PM

pomak, I guess you talk about wireshark and watching the program's traffic?

I'm kinda new to mining and still figuring out the best way, so I try to gain every bit of information I can get Smiley
google isn't always helpful
after reading some forum threads and mining websites, I decided to go to nanopool (and tested ethermine once only for a short time)
chaxshet

Activity: 27

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 01:59:33 AM

How to use this one? The read me is not that clear.

In the bat file, how can I add 2 wallets because Im using dual. And which to run first? Claymore's or this one?
maxmad_x

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

It takes a lot to build but not much to lose

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:02:05 AM

Since so many days I have been watching this dev creating this patch to redirect devfee to supposedly mining account. But the variability of hashrate and not being open source or even backed by any other dev makes it difficult for me to start
Facinat

Activity: 64

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 07:33:21 AM

In the bat file, how can I add 2 wallets because Im using dual. And which to run first? Claymore's or this one?

You only need the ETH wallet.
chaxshet

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 08:02:22 AM

Thanks

I experienced a bug. When I ran this patch, on the first two rounds it successfully redirected to my wallet. But on third devfee, it goes to dev wallet. Then after that, in my wallet again
raumi29

Activity: 15

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 01:02:37 PM

How did you check that?
tesar

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:15:15 PM

are you sure that ethermine still pays for stale shares?

Not really sure, read somewhere they did.
tesar

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 02:17:45 PM

Thanks

I experienced a bug. When I ran this patch, on the first two rounds it successfully redirected to my wallet. But on third devfee, it goes to dev wallet. Then after that, in my wallet again

If you are seeing message in the window, you can ignore that.. Devfee address is yours after the patch, that's what you change to yours
chaxshet

View Profile
July 14, 2017, 04:12:06 PM

thanks for confirming guys.

But was it the difficulty of eth increased thats why its kind'a slow when I used the patch? Just have 270 jobs for 24hrs mining  for one 1060
cryptday

Activity: 6

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 12:33:24 AM

Hello guys !

i've read the whole thread and i would like to ask... which version is the best to use ? 7.1 or 5.5 ??
I'm using claymore 9.5 with 5.5 at the moment (not patched yet as i just read the last pages..) which works great except the shares that go to falcon's wallet as indicated ...

Is it worth updating to 9.7 with 7.1 ? Or maybe another combination ??
Thank you all and mostly to the guys who reverse engineered this "addon" and to falcon even if he should have told the whole truth...
doktor83

Activity: 2520
Merit: 626

View Profile WWW
July 15, 2017, 06:37:35 AM

Hello guys !

i've read the whole thread and i would like to ask... which version is the best to use ? 7.1 or 5.5 ??
I'm using claymore 9.5 with 5.5 at the moment (not patched yet as i just read the last pages..) which works great except the shares that go to falcon's wallet as indicated ...

Thank you all and mostly to the guys who reverse engineered this "addon" and to falcon even if he should have told the whole truth...

Best would be not to use this at all, and go with one of the proxies, there are a few.

SRBMiner-MULTI thread - HERE
http://www.srbminer.com
tesar

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 03:31:47 PM

Hello guys !

Am using 9.7 with 7.1 no issues.. 9.7 improved hashrates for nvidia, probably Claymore got free ride improvements from ethminer..
tesar

View Profile
July 15, 2017, 03:33:12 PM

Hello guys !

Best would be not to use this at all, and go with one of the proxies, there are a few.

I used python proxy for few days, it worked but too many stale shares, that made my effective rate worse than DevFee
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: