Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:15:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][BITLATTICE] A Revolutionary Step - Bitlattice.org  (Read 36928 times)
wtfc360

Activity: 137
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 08:34:57 PM

Hi.  Your project sounds interesting.  How does it compare to RaiBlocks?  Are you able to overcome the security issues and lack of decentralization found there?

Bitlattice is not comparable to RaiBlocks or any other block chain solution. As to the structure of Bitlattice, it will not be based on block chain at all, rather on its own platform, the Bitlattice. It will be a lattice structure of nodes with a metric distance between each node. The use of metrics enable shortest vector problem. In the Bitlattice there will be fully encrypted entities that will decide over the state of the bitlattice nodes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Wekkel
Legendary

Activity: 3108
Merit: 1531

yes

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 09:39:43 PM

Hi.  Your project sounds interesting.  How does it compare to RaiBlocks?  Are you able to overcome the security issues and lack of decentralization found there?

Bitlattice is not comparable to RaiBlocks or any other block chain solution. As to the structure of Bitlattice, it will not be based on block chain at all, rather on its own platform, the Bitlattice. It will be a lattice structure of nodes with a metric distance between each node. The use of metrics enable shortest vector problem. In the Bitlattice there will be fully encrypted entities that will decide over the state of the bitlattice nodes.

With all due respect, this does not sound like something the average investor will understand. Do you have an ELI5?

xibeijan
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:08:12 PM

Hi.  Your project sounds interesting.  How does it compare to RaiBlocks?  Are you able to overcome the security issues and lack of decentralization found there?

Thanks.  How does one obtain bitlattice coins in order to support the project?

Notable projects 2019: Semux, Dero, Wagerr, BEAM
wtfc360

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:16:57 PM

With all due respect, this does not sound like something the average investor will understand. Do you have an ELI5?
Sorry, no ELI5 at this time. We are setting up test net now. Everything has not been fully developed and tested yet. If you want to join the test net please write to bitlattice@protonmail.com. We plan to release WP + working prototype after test net. Then we'll probably need help from the community to simplify the technical data for ELI5, if you want to help us send an email to bitlattice@protonmail.com. Also we are reluctant to give away to much info before everything has been properly tested and WP has been released.
wtfc360

View Profile
January 01, 2018, 10:24:42 PM

Hi.  Your project sounds interesting.  How does it compare to RaiBlocks?  Are you able to overcome the security issues and lack of decentralization found there?

Hi, there are more ways to support the Bitlattice project than to obtain coins. Perhaps you have something you could do for us, if you do please write to us, we are interested in people if you can contribute somehow. You have the email above.
As to ICO - it's possible that we'll run limited scale public ICO just to popularize the idea, but first we intend to publish whitepaper together with working prototype.
Keep following us here on bitcointalk and twitter for general info/update.
Alphapulsared

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 04:29:56 AM

Is this strictly a currency? Are you guys planning Smart Contracts on your chain?
wtfc360

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:27:13 AM

Is this strictly a currency? Are you guys planning Smart Contracts on your chain?
No, Bitlattice will not be strictly a currency.
Yes, Bitlattice will have smart contracts as well but with evolved functionality, more info about that in the WP, and Bitlattice is not a chain as in block chain.
xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
January 02, 2018, 09:52:24 PM

Hi, there are more ways to support the Bitlattice project than to obtain coins. Perhaps you have something you could do for us, if you do please write to us, we are interested in people if you can contribute somehow. You have the email above.
As to ICO - it's possible that we'll run limited scale public ICO just to popularize the idea, but first we intend to publish whitepaper together with working prototype.

I'm not a programmer, but I have a legendary account and can help support you on this forum.

wtfc360

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 11:12:32 AM

I'm not a programmer, but I have a legendary account and can help support you on this forum.

Hi xibeijan, you don't need to be a programmer to help us. Please continue to support us on this forum, tell your friends about this project. If you want to participate in the test net please write to bitlattice@protonmail.com, and no you don't have to be a programmer to participate in the test net. Thank you for your support!
xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:29:09 PM

Hi xibeijan, you don't need to be a programmer to help us. Please continue to support us on this forum, tell your friends about this project. If you want to participate in the test net please write to bitlattice@protonmail.com, and no you don't have to be a programmer to participate in the test net. Thank you for your support!

Alright, I will send email.  Your project looks interesting.  What txs / block will it do and what will be "block" time?  What concensus algorithm will use?

bitcoinpaul

Activity: 910
Merit: 1000

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 02:52:09 PM

Alright, I will send email.  Your project looks interesting.  What txs / block will it do and what will be "block" time?  What concensus algorithm will use?

According to your post history, you support every project in existence, and thus cannot read even the basics about them, eh?
xibeijan
Legendary

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 04:03:16 PM
Last edit: January 03, 2018, 04:19:20 PM by xibeijan

According to your post history, you support every project in existence, and thus cannot read even the basics about them, eh?

From my history is quite clear that I do not support every project.  I try only to support a project that is decentralized and trustless (have to draw line somewhere).  It also should have something new or at least newish about it.  Sometimes I do support a clone if the development team looks smart and fast... you never really know what a project can turn into.  If the dev team drops clues of being smart and efficient, then that is a good sign there could be more in store.

I thought my question was fairly reasonable, but let me rephrase.  The lattice, what type of confirmation time is possible?  I guess it doesn't have blocks, so there will be something else?  How does your lattice achieve consensus?  I don't think these questions are covered, least in much detail yet.

Happy new year.

btcdee

Activity: 406
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 03, 2018, 10:03:50 PM

From my history is quite clear that I do not support every project.  I try only to support a project that is decentralized and trustless (have to draw line somewhere).  It also should have something new or at least newish about it.  Sometimes I do support a clone if the development team looks smart and fast... you never really know what a project can turn into.  If the dev team drops clues of being smart and efficient, then that is a good sign there could be more in store.

I thought my question was fairly reasonable, but let me rephrase.  The lattice, what type of confirmation time is possible?  I guess it doesn't have blocks, so there will be something else?  How does your lattice achieve consensus?  I don't think these questions are covered, least in much detail yet.

Happy new year.

Many of us "old bitcointalk timers" appreciate your enthusiasm and support for projects in this ground-breaking field. At these early days, we are all part of making history whether we actively develop or just participate in discussions such as this.
wtfc360

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 09:14:11 AM

From my history is quite clear that I do not support every project.  I try only to support a project that is decentralized and trustless (have to draw line somewhere).  It also should have something new or at least newish about it.  Sometimes I do support a clone if the development team looks smart and fast... you never really know what a project can turn into.  If the dev team drops clues of being smart and efficient, then that is a good sign there could be more in store.

I thought my question was fairly reasonable, but let me rephrase.  The lattice, what type of confirmation time is possible?  I guess it doesn't have blocks, so there will be something else?  How does your lattice achieve consensus?  I don't think these questions are covered, least in much detail yet.

Happy new year.
As to confirmation time possible, we expect low-latency/very fast tx time but since we haven't tested yet we don't want to speculate, we will see soon in test net. The exact details will be released when publishing the wp.
Hibryda

Activity: 86
Merit: 4

Creator of Bitlattice

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 11:34:00 AM

I thought my question was fairly reasonable, but let me rephrase.  The lattice, what type of confirmation time is possible?  I guess it doesn't have blocks, so there will be something else?  How does your lattice achieve consensus?  I don't think these questions are covered, least in much detail yet.
Confirmation times depend on a distance inside lattice. Thus aren't one number we could just paste here. Besides, as mentioned before - it requires some more in-house and live tests to determine real ranges.
As to structure - it consists of spatially distributed nodes playing different roles. Some act similarily to blocks - they store data (txs, logic, just data). Others are a skeleton of lattice providing means to retain state.
As to consensus - it's detached from external actors and managed via authorities (small programs) "living" in lattice. They must be processed ofc, but processing yields no vector to manipulate them. More will come with WP.
BR,
Hibryda

A Revolutionary Step - Bitlattice bitlattice.org
bozzyboo

Activity: 13
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:15:56 PM

Hi Hibryda,

The project seems interesting & looking forward to WP & a peer review of said WP.

From my blockchain research & the potential it has to disrupt society, I note the following should be featured:

1. Complete decentralization, not partial, but complete & full decentralization
2. Fair & open governance model for the benefit of the whole community
3. Privacy functionality with untraceable transactions
4. Smart contracts & dApp platform
5. High ability to scale - scalability without impacting on complete decentralization
6. Fair & widespread token distribution
7. Programming language that majority of developers can code to - e.g. JavaScript like LISK

Would all these items be addressed with the lattice structure?

I am also interested in being an early contributor to any unique/innovative technology!!

Thanks
Bozz
sotisoti

Activity: 762
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 04, 2018, 12:16:22 PM

Which programming language do you use to build the project?

Bitrated user: sotisoti.
Hibryda

Activity: 86
Merit: 4

Creator of Bitlattice

View Profile WWW
January 04, 2018, 04:43:53 PM

Hi bozzyboo and sotisoti,

1. Complete decentralization, not partial, but complete & full decentralization
It depends what decentralization means. The main idea behind BL is to strip human actors of any impact on network. Thus it is both decentralized (there is no humans led center) and totally centralized (decision process is meant to be performed by network, humans supply computing power only).

2. Fair & open governance model for the benefit of the whole community
Sure. Whatever it means.

3. Privacy functionality with untraceable transactions
Both scenarios can be applied - untraceable and traceable txs. From structural point of view applying them both adds little complexity. And this is my stance. Let users decide. Besides, even with traceable one can easily use mixing solutions.

4. Smart contracts & dApp platform
Yes. With pluggable VMs (I dislike Turing complete ones and would love to see some limited ones).

5. High ability to scale - scalability without impacting on complete decentralization
High. This was one of key factors that prompted me to start developing it.

6. Fair & widespread token distribution
Sure. While there will be no mining in classic sense (PoW), coins will be minted in return for sharing computation power and storage.

7. Programming language that majority of developers can code to - e.g. JavaScript like LISK
Of what? API interface can have some JS port (if someone writes it). But the reference client won't be in JS. For multiple reasons.

Which programming language do you use to build the project?
The prototype is being written in Python (and some C for fast CUDA kernels that aren't actually crucial). It's just easier, transparent to read and interpreter takes care about boring stuff. It's for purpose. The target client is meant to be written in a language with low level access to memory (and some other spices). So, C for instance (it's not yet decided, I'd prefer it). Thus it's easier to prepare cleanly readable code first, test it, and implement into less readable and easier to abuse language. Besides, my style keeps no standards, so it's better if it's at least readable.
The choice of language with low level access to memory is due to things that always made me feel uneasy while analyzing other coins' clients. Would prefer having means to at least obfuscate crypto operations in memory. Especially since Spectre came into light Smiley (just wrote a small, sketchy art about it: https://medium.com/@Hibryda/on-melting-spectre-or-how-soft-hardware-can-lead-to-coitus-interruptus-with-your-coins-6f975e8b22b9 ). Call me paranoid, but it never failed me.

Would all these items be addressed with the lattice structure?
If I understood properly your partly imprecise questions, then the answer is yes.

I am also interested in being an early contributor to any unique/innovative technology!!
Sure, please write to bitlattice@protonmail.com . My team will lead you further.

BR,
H

A Revolutionary Step - Bitlattice bitlattice.org
BitcoinLady (OP)

Activity: 374
Merit: 250

Prima Inter Pares

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 06:30:42 AM

We love Twitter but from now you can also follow us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/bitlattice/ and Instagram https://www.instagram.com/bitlattice/

Verethraghna

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:33:42 AM

I just looked how DAG works and now bitlattice!?  Shocked
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: