Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 10:15:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: FRAUD/SCAM ALERT ED TRICE, Liquid Nitrogen Overclocking Inc  (Read 72475 times)
papamoi (OP)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 02, 2013, 03:35:22 PM
Last edit: May 02, 2013, 04:00:55 PM by papamoi

hi

thank you for your concerns

as said previously stated ,we have started all the processes to do so

so GOD WILLING  i hope it ll get be recovered

The Bitcoin software, network, and concept is called "Bitcoin" with a capitalized "B". Bitcoin currency units are called "bitcoins" with a lowercase "b" -- this is often abbreviated BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
papamoi (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:02:00 AM

hi guys

the email below received don 28th march 2013 where he is advising to use diesel generator and edible oil to reduce electricity cost:

Roll Eyes

Hello everyone,

At this point, all parts for both systems are in house, the last of which arrived yesterday. The first system was being build as early as Tuesday of this week. A small mock-up was being built to test CUDA-capability using different video cards. As expected, the GeForce GTX Titan gives the best "single" results, and by that I mean, with little to no software coding of existing OpenSource BitMining software, it generates the greatest performance from the perspective of MegaHash/second.

But... we are using a simple "Group Mining" piece of software for this metric, and you expressed the desire to engage in "Solo Mining." At this point, Solo-Mining performance has been untested.

Just as a reminder, we are not BitCoin Mining Experts, we are Hardware Designers. But we can maximize hardware performance when given a reliable specification to follow (which we do have) and I believe we can meet or exceed the level of performance originally quoted.

During our "process of discovery" we have also learned a few things that will DEFINITELY optimize both performance and lower costs in the short and long term. I will summarize them briefly (and these are currently ALL out of spec for the existing scope of the project. That in no way deters you from engaging in these recommendations with outside consultants or in-house staff. Indeed, these recommendations are provided for free. I would be remiss if I did not disclose them to you once I have learned of them).

1. Cost minimization. Obviously, electricity is the single greatest long-term cost for the project. That being said, there is a way to get "free" power. Use a Diesel Generator to provide the electricity, and power the Diesel Generator with vegetable oil instead of Diesel Fuel. What is not widely known is that vegetable oil warmed to 80 degrees Fahrenheit has the identical viscosity of gasoline, and it will likewise auto-combust in a high-compression diesel engine, just like diesel fuel will. There are no spark plugs in a diesel engine. The fuel will combust on its own under enough pressure. So will vegetable oil. For a more complete explanation, see GreaseCar.com where kits are installed in BMW and Mercedes Benz cars that allow them to run under used vegetable oil. Go to any Chinese Restaurant or McDonalds, offer to take away their used frying oil, filter it, and you have a lifetime supply of fuel for a diesel generator.

2. Performance maximization. The Titan video card has 2668 CUDA cores and it crushes just about everything else out there. However, it is still not the best crunching-per-dollar, but that does not matter. You can cram 4 of them into a Workstation motherboard, overclock the CPU as well as the GPUs, and get a per-node performance number that should easily defeat the fictitious performance offered by Butterfly Labs (nobody we have contacted has one of their devices, and they are now claiming it takes up to one year to get one). The current issue we are facing: The Titan is so new that no software that is available at present seems to leverage all of their cores. In fact, most off-the-shelf OpenSource cannot keep your 6-core x 5.0 GHz Intel i7-3770 mockup more than 12% busy at any given time. Furthermore, nocturnal "mining pool" numbers go down drastically (using East Coast time zone as a reference) and this is presently not well understood. It seems there is some sort of authentication/verification process that goes on to "synchronize all blocks" that are being worked on, and there is no escaping this centralizing task. We are experimenting with minimizing this effect by synching up the "BitCoin Wallet" we have set up every 12 hours, or every 8 hours during heavy mining success periods. This seems to improve the daily hash/second metric, but we don't have enough information to determine if some other factors are contributing to this. We are trying to compile our own version of the OpenSource software to leverage more CUDA cores (as our Google rep was able to do when he was onsite, but these guys are friggin' geniuses) but so far this out-of-scope deliverable has not met with success either. Our recommendation is to contact a local software guru while we spend most of our effort tweaking the hardware, and see if he can get the software to 100% utilization. I can say this: even at 12%, the system is crushing some of the non-Butterfly Labs numbers I have seen.

With my best regards,

Ed Trice
Liquid Nitrogen Overclocking
http://www.worldsfastestcomputers.com
http://www.liquidnitrogenoverclocking.com
papamoi (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:04:24 AM

Received on 29 th of march:

Read the google rep part ,very interesting:

Thanks for your replies; good information below.

As for the % utilization with the CPU: I understand GPU is much much > than CPU in terms of mining results, but my point was, if the CPU is being underutilized and it is "not nearly as massively parallel" as the GPU, then how much more underutilized is the 2668-core GPU?

I don't have a "Task Manager" equivalent for the GPU: Is there some software tool out there that shows the core utilization % of the GPU(s)?

Right now a pair of CUDA cards @ $1000 each is not doubling what a single card can hash, which I am sure is a function of the OpenSource software that we are using. When you double the core count, you should double the performance, if you distribute the load evenly and there is enough work being given to the "miners."

I have a call into our on-site Google rep who was here, and I can offer him a "consulting gig," but at this point, I am not sure what he will say.

We are continuing to build the water cooling for the CUDA cards so we can overclock them and make them even faster. I am researching more on the BitMining project stuff. If you have a solo BitMiner that you want us to use, let us know right away, so I can get familiar with that piece of software as well.

It looks like, at this point, the hardware will really crunch once it can be given enough work to do. Usually the system runs "hot" when it is crunching away, and the numbers I have seen so far indicate that the 10%-12% utilization is probably "across the board" and indicative of the GPU utilization as well. Once we figure out how to parallelize the code better, these numbers should rise drastically.

All of my performance numbers go through the rough when I run other video card benchmarks, such as Cinebench or Heaven.

With my best regards,

Ed Trice
papamoi (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:08:10 AM
Last edit: May 03, 2013, 05:29:18 AM by papamoi

and the 5th of april,
as i wasnt getting any replies:

email was bounced back

Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

liquidnitrogenoverclocking@hushmail.com

Technical details of permanent failure:
***** tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the server for the recipient domain hushmail.com by mx2.hushmail.com. [65.39.178.134].

The error that the other server returned was:
552 The mailbox belonging to <liquidnitrogenoverclocking@hushmail.com> is full.

----- Original message -----

Subject: Re: updates on the two bitcoin mining server
papamoi (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:10:40 AM

9th of april:

i ve sent this email:

Hi ed

we are  still waiting you since yesterday afternoon

so could you reply us with an update?

thanks

p.s:this was after having waited him 4/5 hours the 8th of april,to log in to the so called server.

never got replied....
papamoi (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:12:00 AM

another email:

ed,
your phone is off,i did send you three emails since yesterday and without any replies

can i know what is going on there?

are you able to deliver these servers at the expected hashing power or not?

please reply with a yes or no as we are loosing time and money here

thanks

no replies either

papamoi (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:16:02 AM

sent 10th of april:

48 hours have passed since you promise the delivery and proof of a high speed hashing computer  working on bitcoin mining @ 1760 gigahash per second .Servers for wich we have paid you 47220 usd we have sent to your delaware account .

The strange thing is that during our conversation:

-you have clained that servers are running at the said speed without giving any proofs of it.
-we are wednesday 6h41 am in (gmt+1) and you have given us an online meeting monday evening at 6 pm gmt+1 time ,and to get access to the servers,and this never happenned.
-when i ve called you yesterday,you never pick up my calls(it seems you can see on you cell who is calling) and when i was able to get access to a phone with us id,you called me back and seems still not want me to see these servers.
-you hang up when i ve tried to get explanation on this

-in the mean time sent you emails , and got never replied to it

-when during my phone call,i ve talked about 50miner software,you told me you never heard about it,the strange thing is you so called employee matthew conolly have sent us a screenshot in march showing this software running in one of the said tests you seems to have done

-I would like just to remember you here that as per our discussion,we have ordered you this server(you claim to have been engineered by google)because you claim that it was having a hashing power of 1775gigahash on bitcoin mining.

-we trusted you and until today 10 of april 2013,we ve never got a proof of these servers after payment of 47220 usd sent to your account in 19th of march 2013 from our xxxxxxxxx

-As it seems,clear now that you are not able to deliver these servers as per their requirements.As per the contract,we are agreed on,

i am asking you to refund the amount of 47220 usd i ve sent to you in payment for these servers

Here is the company bank account:

our account number

Waiting impatiently for it

just for your knowledge,i am attaching the screencopy sent by the said matthew conolly about the 50 miner software,wich was sent in march and proving that you knew very well about this software already before i ve sent you the amount for paying the servers.

p.s:this is just the fourth email, i m sending you since monday,as i didn t get any replies asking the whereabout of my servers.

papamoi (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:18:34 AM

got this one the 10 th of april:

Interesting piece of BS:

After another day of investigation, I now believe you are 100% correct. My apologies.

Somehow our solo mining operation is being treated as a pool by the server we connect with despite the fact we have a 24-hour average of 1638 GHash/second.

There is not much I can do about the GHash fluctuations. Our peak is 1946 GHash and our low looks to be about 1082 GHash/second by the log files.
There are a few factors that cause this dip.

1. The network connection.
2. The amount of work being offloaded to the machines.
3. The synchroniztion of all of the miners as new ones are added.

I can work on 1) and see if our Ethernet 10 Gigabit Solarflare cards are experiencing jitter.
There is nothing I can do about 2) if the network doesn't assign us enough work to do. We are at their mercy and there is no way around it.
And 3) is just something that causes everyone's hash rate to fluctuate, so you will not be missing out on any opportunities.

We will be installing new network cards today to try and stabilize the network connection on our end and see if that helps.

With my best regards,

Ed Trice

papamoi (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:23:27 AM

Another reply the same day ,while i ve replied with my doubt about his BS:

You are a very disagreeable and argumentative person. What I said is true, and no amount of your telling me it is not true is going to change anything.

You are arrogant and it is getting progressively more difficult to work with you.

I am going to say something here:

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THE SAME EXACT HASH RATE OVER 24 HOURS ON TWO CONSECUTIVE DAYS.

Period, end of statement, it is a 100% fact of life, and I won't listen to any more of your talk about why we don't get exactly 1760 time and time again.

The hash rate is not solely determined by the hardware. If you do not RECEIVE WORK from the server, your hash rate = 0.
If your connection wavers, you end up with a stale block, and your net work on that particular portion of a block will be wasted time, unknown by you at the time.
All of the network complexity can affect your functional GHash/second rating.

It has a peak, a low, and an average.

The peak was 1946 GHash, as reported. This number is RETURNED BY THE SERVER not invented by me, so get off my back.
The low was 1082 when the verification server was reporting connection errors. During this momentary offline status, their website was offline too, so I know it was an issue with them and not us.

The 24 hour average seems to be 1638 GHash/second.

Give me your BitCoin account and I will send the bitcoins to you.

With my best regards,

Ed Trice
papamoi (OP)

View Profile
May 03, 2013, 05:26:51 AM

Of course,

i ve sent him my btc adresse,never got anything fom this FAT ASS OVER-OBESE UGLY SCAMMER

And no answer since
then 13th of april:

We switched to Windows 7 x64 and updated the drivers. Our internal network was slowing down the rate at which blocks were sent to us to work on so we have it being hosted outside our network in another location. Seems to have improved significantly, much more steady rates, fewer disconnects, fewer dips in the production curve.

With my best regards,

Ed Trice

an then another promising me delivery for monday......

and after that.....

ED TRICE FAT ASS OVER-OBESE SCAMMER WAS DISCOVERED

papamoi (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 08:49:29 AM

ANOTHER BS FROM THE FAT ASS OVEROBESE SCAMMER ED TRICE:

I m sure quantacool will appreciate to be a partner of this SCAMMER

TCollar

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 08:54:44 PM

You might want to stop posting stuff here about him unless it is new information that can actually leverage you with him to get your money back.

If I was a scammer and I read post after post after post about how fat I was and how unhappy you were I would be quite happy.  Why?  Because I could point to it and say "This guy is a nut.  He thinks he gave me money (or he bought a product and like a crazy person, did not know how to use it and blames me now".

Instead, trace his assets.  Hit him where it hurts.  Most of these psychos have lots of little scams, crimes and what not going on and use their "legitimate" business to hide them.  Find those scams.  Find his undeclared money.  Find people who deal with him IRL and talk to them.  Don't talk to them like an angry person who got ripped off though, talk to them like a professional person who is just "doing business".

Also, If I were I scammer, I would read all this and say to myself "I bet this guy has another $5k to spend on someone who will help him get his money back" and then I would find a way to take $5k from you and seeing how fast you gave up more than that and how angry you are I am guessing it would be pretty easy to rip you off again.

Having done asset location and recovery work before, I can tell you that no one gets a cent until what is owed is recovered and no one can legitimately recover assets unless their is a court judgment against someone.  So if I said to you "Pay me a retainer and then I will get your money back" then you would likely never see your retainer fee again either.

Sue this person.  Stop posting stuff here.  Get a judgment against him, then the Asset recovery people will find you.

(and no, I won't help you)
papamoi (OP)

View Profile
May 04, 2013, 09:55:48 PM
Last edit: May 04, 2013, 10:06:28 PM by papamoi

hi tcollar,

the process have already started and it s taking time,i can t talk more about here but in the meantime , i ll continue to post every interesting information i can get on this UGLY FAT ASS OVER-OBESE SCAMMER ,here is his last linkedin post :

You can notice how this UGLY FAT ASS BASTARD trying to show himself as an honest person,

being exorted by me(lol)

P.s:i don t really need your help,but thank you for not proposing it ,lol
papamoi (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2013, 04:53:09 AM

hi guys,

it seems the philly cop and the authorities has gone on vacation

lol

Strange isnt it?
papamoi (OP)

View Profile
May 11, 2013, 09:54:41 PM

hi

just push up and

http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liquid-Nitrogen-overclocking-Inc/delaware-Delaware-DE-19808-1/Liquid-Nitrogen-overclocking-Inc-Ed-Trice-SCAMMING-ON-BITCOIN-MINING-SERVER-delaware-Dela-1050107
bennett616

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

http://www.freebitcointips.co.uk/

View Profile WWW
May 23, 2013, 03:38:22 PM

https://bitcoinstarter.com/projects/81

Same Shang Tsung anyone hahaha Tongue Nice try man...

Andy B

leckey

Activity: 434

View Profile
May 23, 2013, 10:48:55 PM

As bad as I feel for you papamoi, for an outsider this is absolutely hilarious. Genuinely hope you get your money back. One would think the amount of evidence of his blatant scams highlighted in this thread would be enough to put him away.

Also I found this on Ed Trice which is quite amusing: http://www.chess.com/article/view/labate-sues-trice-for-212-million

Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
May 25, 2013, 04:12:49 PM

I'm almost tired of adding scammers to Coin Canary.... Undecided

At least they are all bad at at, and most of us are technical people that spot this crap easily.

BuckeyeXS

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2013, 05:05:57 PM

Sorry to give this one a bump, Mr Ed and Matt Reynolds are at it again. Yes this was 2 months ago but it's interesting none the less.

Over on LinkedIn where Ed is still active I found this today.

To high light the important part I copied the text here.

On the inside it now looks more like this:

http://www.liquidnitrogenoverclocking.com/images/new_design.jpg

Almost everything you see there is custom measured, made, mounted, and tuned for the performance and heat load of the individual processor.

It takes a fair amount of effort to build an elegant overclocked system that will withstand the test of time, and that is just not part of Intel's core focus right now.

Now if you take the image from that link and run it through google you will find it actually belongs to a build done over at bit-tech called the Twister Mod done by twister7800gtx

http://forums.bit-tech.net/showthread.php?t=224731

http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/3626/37mb.jpg

and the actual picture he is claiming is a LNO computer

http://anonymouse.org/cgi-bin/anon-www.cgi/http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9808/79y3.jpg
Operatr

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

www.DonateMedia.org

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2013, 05:49:55 PM

Yeah these two scumbags are completely full of it.

Matt's Linkedin -

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/matt-reynolds/15/189/317

Matt's scammy looking stock trading business -

http://www.derivativeconceptsinc.com/index.htm (with a web page that looks straight out of 1999)

I don't think he has direct involvement with Ed Trice's scams, but evidently knows absolutely nothing about computers or overclocking judging that post

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: