Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 09:22:58 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 182 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Work in progess] Burnins Avalon Chip to mining board service  (Read 623954 times)
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:22:22 PM

Will you accept chips from ragingazn628's group buy also? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177994.0

I'm trying to figure out my options with the chips I'm going to order through him.

I also am curious as to the answer to this.
The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ma_rine_sa

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 01:34:35 PM

for those that just want the bare pcb is it possible to have the chips delivered to you so the chips and the pcb board can be shipped together?
atcsecure

Activity: 756

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 01:47:29 PM

for those that just want the bare pcb is it possible to have the chips delivered to you so the chips and the pcb board can be shipped together?

I would hope so

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
roy7

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:15:16 PM

I had actually ordered my chips from Zefir before seeing this thread. Should I let the process go normally and then when he needs a shipping address down the road, ship it to you? Or should I handle this some other way? Sorry for the confusion. I'd looked over the DIY thread a few days ago but didn't realize you were all set to go and handle it in bulk by taking the orders yourself.

Thanks.
DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:17:46 PM

Come on people, it isn't too difficult:

Ordering and Pricing Info:
You order your chips from Zefir or other group buys.
I have an agreement with Zefir, who will ship all chips that
are to be mounted on my boards directly to me in one big delivery.
You don't need to send Zefir a message that he should ship your chips to me!
For other chip sources you'll have to figure out yourself how to get the chips to me.

roy7

Activity: 434

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 02:26:48 PM

Ah ok so I guess I did it correctly. What wasn't clicking in my brain is that I'll place an order with burnin using the same address as I ordered the chips, and then it will all sync up properly on Zefir's end for the chips to go to burnin directly.

All good.
burnin (OP)

Activity: 243

ALTCOM Ab9upXvD7ChnJxDRZgMmwNNEf1ftCGWrsE

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:05:50 PM

Will you accept chips from ragingazn628's group buy also? https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=177994.0

I'm trying to figure out my options with the chips I'm going to order through him.

Yes that's possible, but will likely cause some delays.
If you can arrange direct shipping to me it shouldn't be that much though.

If you ordered your Chips from zefir that could be arranged.

Regarding higher density boards (more chips/board):
I'll focus on the 10 Chip version for now but i will look into that.
atcsecure

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2013, 05:34:54 PM

I like this idea too, raw pcb w/ the chip, it should speed up the entire process..

Regarding higher density boards (more chips/board):
I'll focus on the 10 Chip version for now but i will look into that.

Join the revolution - XC - Decentralized Trustless Multi-Node Private Transactions
thomashrev89

Activity: 190
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:43:33 PM

this thread reminds me of that one dude that get all heroin junky on you when he doesnt get weed for 2 days. chill please.

steamboat

Activity: 648

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 05:44:06 PM

As far as your design goes for stacking. The middle card is not going to get any airflow as it is currently positioned. Might I suggest stacking the boards so the heatsinks are sandwiched together facing each other, with two cards per fan. It would also be a good idea to use 120mm fans. More efficient, less noisy than 80mm.

Also, while I appreciate what you are trying to do, Who are you? No post count, late '12 join date, and no reputation make me extremely apprehensive sending you 100's of BTC worth of hardware.

ASIC miners available for purchase

Those who serve best, profit most.
bigbeninlondon

Activity: 742

View Profile
April 22, 2013, 06:06:50 PM

Yes, I'll just give my shipping address as yours.  However, minimum buy in was 1 btc or 12.82 chips.  I kicked in an extra little bit for 13 chips.  If I get it sent directly to you, can you just include the extra 3 chips in the package?  Are there any plans for a single USB chip in a dongle style miner? Also, will you be accepting btc for payment?  And how are you going to be handling shipping internationally? 

I know you've got a ton of stuff to manage with this, and I'm just a little guy, but I'd like to iron everything out before it gets started.  Thanks for doing this, this is an awesome way for some of us with less funds to get in on the action.
LordTheron

Activity: 197

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 12:49:25 AM

Hi,

Could you tell me when pcb's will be ready for shipping? Id like to order few bare pcbs and mount everything my self. I have a few pice SMT/BGA rework rig that will handle it with ease. Also are you going to provide schematics for your pcb? Im thinking of setting up a small pcb production line in UK to speed up build process. 

Many thanks
Phil21

Activity: 155

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 06:11:57 AM

I'm in for 250 chips, may as well test the waters Smiley  Great job getting this off the ground, I truly hope you pull it off for both my, and the entire network's sake!

One quick question:
2. Bare bones assembled PCB for the DIY folks

Does that include mounted heatsinks, or no?  I'd personally prefer the raw boards+heatsinks, but no mounting hardware or fans.

Can't wait for this to be ready!

Edit: Also, how are you handling DOA chips?  Even tested chips will have at least a small percentage of bad ones, especially after going through the thermal stresses of soldering to the PCB.  Will these simply be taken out of your margin?
tarmi
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1010

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 08:34:16 AM

I'd personally prefer the raw boards+heatsinks, but no mounting hardware or fans.

+1
ghostlander
Legendary

Activity: 1239
Merit: 1020

No surrender, no retreat, no regret.

View Profile WWW
April 23, 2013, 10:41:38 AM

Burnin, is it possible for DIY'ers to buy the parts from you? You save time, people save money.

I was thinking of about the same project, though with Ethernet interface and some inexpensive embedded ARM or MIPS HW driven by Linux, but I'm unable to allocate enough time for this.

"If you've got a problem and have to spread some coins to make it go away, you've got no problem. You've got an expence." ~ Phoenixcoin (PXC) and Orbitcoin (ORB) and Halcyon (HAL)
knedle

Activity: 99
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 02:27:27 PM

So I just read all thread and understand almost everything, just have a few questions that needs confirming.

1. I don't make an order until beginning of may, when exact price will be known, yes?
2. Can I pay with bank transfer in EUR, or just BTC?
3. What does all that signing messages mean? I have for chips using my Blockchain address, do I have to pay for PCBs with the same address and include a message with the payment, or is it something else?
iammagicmike

Activity: 149

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:37:40 PM

So I just read all thread and understand almost everything, just have a few questions that needs confirming.

1. I don't make an order until beginning of may, when exact price will be known, yes?
3. What does all that signing messages mean? I have for chips using my Blockchain address, do I have to pay for PCBs with the same address and include a message with the payment, or is it something else?

3. I'm also curious about this signing messages to addresses.  I understand public/private key pgp encryption, so are we just talking about sending encrypted messages? 

It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

LTC: LPGSryKuT2BaEcDBg6VWHwusXj5N8ynu3M
DutchBrat

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 03:46:28 PM

3. I'm also curious about this signing messages to addresses.  I understand public/private key pgp encryption, so are we just talking about sending encrypted messages? 

From what I understand, if you ordered the chips from Zefir, you will have to send Burnin a signed message with the btc-address you paid Zefir with, so they both know that the owner of the chips (the owner of the address the chips were paid with) wants the chips to go from Zefir to Burnin
r3animation

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 05:14:12 PM

From what I understand, if you ordered the chips from Zefir, you will have to send Burnin a signed message with the btc-address you paid Zefir with, so they both know that the owner of the chips (the owner of the address the chips were paid with) wants the chips to go from Zefir to Burnin

How do you send a signed message with the BTC-address we paid Zefir with if the payment has already been sent?
Syke
Legendary

Activity: 3878
Merit: 1193

View Profile
April 23, 2013, 05:17:43 PM

How do you send a signed message with the BTC-address we paid Zefir with if the payment has already been sent?

bitcoind signmessage <youraddress> "your message"

It'll output a big long number. To verify it, anyone can then do:

bitcoind verifymessage <youraddress> <biglongnumber> "your message"

Buy & Hold
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 182 »
  Print  

Jump to: