Bitcoin Forum
August 08, 2024, 11:16:15 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BFL 5 GH/s Miner Demo  (Read 10001 times)
barneyss

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 08:15:23 PM

the only btl working atm is 5 gh's
for 25, 50 and 1500... i rlly dont care, im poor ^_^
aTg
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 08:55:31 PM

Beautiful concept:

Cheesy
BR0KK

Activity: 784
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:05:11 PM

5.3 GH/s @ $149 = $28/ghps

It actually costs $274.

They are comparing the historic prices of BFL and Avalon. If you're going to use the current price for the BFL unit then you must do the same for the Avalon, which is more than $10000 at current prices.

BFL has no prices for products. One must first have a product before it can be assigned a price.
So far, BFL is selling zero-coupon convertible debt with no maturity date.
At some point in the future, the debt might be convertible into a black box assembled by amateurs that might mine bitcoins for some indeterminate period of time.

And why should ANYONE listen to a nutjob like you that states in their signature that BFL has no working prototype in a thread that has a VIDEO OF A WORKING PROTOTYPE??

Is there proof that they have? ..... Do you have one?
Do you trust luke-jr or them?

I wouldn't since everything could be staged!

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:09:31 PM

It actually costs $274.

They are comparing the historic prices of BFL and Avalon. If you're going to use the current price for the BFL unit then you must do the same for the Avalon, which is more than $10000 at current prices.

BFL has no prices for products. One must first have a product before it can be assigned a price.
At some point in the future, the debt might be convertible into a black box assembled by amateurs that might mine bitcoins for some indeterminate period of time.

And why should ANYONE listen to a nutjob like you that states in their signature that BFL has no working prototype in a thread that has a VIDEO OF A WORKING PROTOTYPE??

Your definition of evidence and mine differ substantially. If their prototype was working, they would announce they were moving directly to production and the discussion would move to yields and assembly times. They have admitted that they *still* cannot convert the prototype (assuming the video was not just smoke and mirrors and we were witnessing a semi-functional piece of hardware) into a product. They admitted that additional work on the boards is still being done. After that work has been attempted, they will test again and see if things are working well enough to turn it into a product.

Finally, one must take any press release from BFL with a grain of salt. They have been caught repeatedly posting photos with claims that were easily disproved by careful examination of the photo. Let us apply some devil's advocation to the video given BFL's track record of playing fast and loose with the truth:

Even if they got the prototype to mine for 20 seconds in a video, does it hard crash after 15 minutes?
Does it actually mine? We saw numbers printed on the screen which resemble the output of cgminer but could be spoofed with 5 minutes of effort.
Can it run at 98+% utilization 24 hours a day 7 days a week without crashing?
Will the board or chip burn out in catastrophic fashion necessitating an RMA after a few weeks of use?
Can they actually make the chip & board and sell it profitably? Or do they need order volume in the hundreds of thousands before they can make enough margin?

There is something that is preventing them from shipping product and being rich. Meeting the requirements of vaporware marketing FUD issued 7 months ago is not what is holding them up. There is a show stopper.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
barneyss

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:10:30 PM

It actually costs $274.

just look on btl facebook page, they tested yesterday 5 gh's, it really has the power supply problem but looks workin well. and yes, its a proof enought for me, if u wanna sell your pre-order (only 5 gh's) i'll be happy in buying it
BR0KK

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:18:27 PM

It actually costs $274.

just look on btl facebook page, they tested yesterday 5 gh's, it really has the power supply problem but looks workin well. and yes, its a proof enought for me, if u wanna sell your pre-order (only 5 gh's) i'll be happy in buying it

in red!

THEY've shown you one unit and all of the info around here goes *poof*!.....Happy ordering then;P

BTW... i don't have a stake in this!

k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:24:47 PM

It actually costs $274.

Working well you say? For how long?
What exactly did you see? You saw something print out that something was hashing for 20 seconds or so. This is evidence that they are still working on producing a prototype, but it is certainly not proof. Let us not forget that evidence can be falsified (and has in the past by BFL).

At this point, I don't think there is any way BFL can release proof of anything without shipping product to trusted third parties for evaluation.
I don't mean letting Luke-Jr logging in via SSH. I mean letting Tomshardware examine it.

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
nebulus

Activity: 490

... it only gets better...

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:32:36 PM

Beautiful concept:

Cheesy

Steve Jobs would be proud...

BR0KK

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:36:34 PM

It actually costs $274.

Working well you say? For how long?
What exactly did you see? You saw something print out that something was hashing for 20 seconds or so. This is evidence that they are still working on producing a prototype, but it is certainly not proof. Let us not forget that evidence can be falsified (and has in the past by BFL).

At this point, I don't think there is any way BFL can release proof of anything without shipping product to trusted third parties for evaluation.
I don't mean letting Luke-Jr logging in via SSH. I mean letting Tomshardware examine it.

Stop trying ....it's BFLism at work ;P

Quantus
Legendary

Activity: 883
Merit: 1005

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:39:49 PM

Sorry don't have time to read whole thread.

I ordered a  Jalapeno. Is this thing the new Jalapeno? If not What happens to peeps like me who ordered it?

(I am a 1MB block supporter who thinks all users should be using Full-Node clients)
Avoid the XT shills, they only want to destroy bitcoin, their hubris and greed will destroy us.
Know your adversary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKorP55Aqvg
BR0KK

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:42:56 PM

I ordered a  Jalapeno. Is this thing the new Jalapeno? If not What happens to peeps like me who ordered it?

i think so?!

Prepare to get a unit with slightly "MORE" for what you payed for!

barneyss

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:45:00 PM

i think so?!

it happened that btl is a big scam but im a good person and iìll refund your for your order, are u up to trade?
BR0KK

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:53:13 PM

i think so?!

it happened that BFl is a big scam but im a good person and iìll refund your for your order, are u up to trade?

fixed that for you:P

And sure i'll trade my stock of "box'n fan's vaporWare" .....

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 09:58:20 PM

the big problem that came out these days is da power supply.
5 gh's is using about 36w, how much will be using a 1500 gh's?
a normal power supply wont be able to keep it workin, you'll need to set up a huge supply for that stuff

minirig product design is apparently abandoned, 3.5kw per one household switch is max.

Wrong.
16A * 230V = 3680W maybe but due to PSU efficiency, nature of A/C usual maximum suggested draw is just 80% which is 2944W
As A/C power is a since wave, drawing out 16A @ midpoint of wave is just 150V = 2400W max, PSUs try to optimize to take their power at the sine peaks, but they often miss the mark of their claims, thus D/C operators often recommend 70% of the max, which is 2576W

I think you should clarify things in your head before correcting other people, especially when rattling off about drawing off 16A @150V from a 240V circuit because that's the midpoint of a sine wave.
PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:03:33 PM

A whole lot larger than a 4.5GH/s Jalapeno - where are the Jalapenos?

Everything looks a bit different now:

10kilowatts in a small confined space, a joke only.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROrpKx3aIjA

Idle vs Full Tilt.
kibblesnbits

Activity: 557

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:23:15 PM

If the Jalapeño is now in the case of the SC Single, what's the size of the SC Single? 

ASICMINERTUBE

The Best $/Gh Bitcoin Miner So Far
   ►►►   DISCOVER NOW !!!   ◄◄◄
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:25:39 PM
Last edit: April 19, 2013, 11:03:00 PM by erk

A whole lot larger than a 4.5GH/s Jalapeno - where are the Jalapenos?

Everything looks a bit different now:

Idle vs Full Tilt.

Since when has BFL announced a product that requires 10kWatts? Sounds like forum BS to me.

I bet you have no idea of the parts and their power consumption that are going to be used in the BFL high end product.

MrTeal
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:27:42 PM

Idle vs Full Tilt.

Since when has BFL announced a product that requires 10kWatts? Sounds like forum BS to me.
They haven't, but they have said expect 170MH/J and the unit in the video hit 138MH/J at the wall. That's 8800W to power a 1.5TH/s Minirig.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
April 19, 2013, 10:32:24 PM

Yeah.... It looks like they will have a bunch to redesign with there power problems if they want to stick to there original chip density... But I wouldn't be surprised if they end up just shipping these signs with maybe half the original chips to deal with the unexpected power issues.   Surely the PCB is dirt cheap.  So what do you guys think.  Will they be able to produce a 15Gh (3 chip) or do you think they will hit the wall at 10Gh

This is excellent news! Now they have something to ship to the various labs to obtain CE, UL and FCC approval for, unless Sonny has an in with them folks in not having to abide by governmental regulations, thus avoiding the myriad of fines.
sunblaster

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 19, 2013, 10:35:27 PM

Yeah.... It looks like they will have a bunch to redesign with there power problems if they want to stick to there original chip density... But I wouldn't be surprised if they end up just shipping these signs with maybe half the original chips to deal with the unexpected power issues.   Surely the PCB is dirt cheap.  So what do you guys think.  Will they be able to produce a 15Gh (3 chip) or do you think they will hit the wall at 10Gh

This is excellent news! Now they have something to ship to the various labs to obtain CE, UL and FCC approval for, unless Sonny has an in with them folks in not having to abide by governmental regulations, thus avoiding the myriad of fines.

as long as it doesn't look like a pressure cooker they should get a swift aproval, just few days, unless it falls off UPS truck during delivery to FCC Grin, then it should be just one extra day.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: