Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 11:34:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Would a global disaster increase or decrease the Bitcoin value ?  (Read 8172 times)
feehannah

Activity: 192
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 08:37:47 PM

It depends on a kind of disaster. If it cause to loss an electricity it surely affect the increase and decrease of bitcoin because people can't buy and sell ,can't trade,can't invest and can't use bitcoin without internet.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
liseff3

Activity: 532
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:36:05 PM

If global disasters occur in most of the countries where the majority of them are bitcoin users their impact might be strongly felt on the bitcoin value (if electricity and the internet can still be operated), yes at that time it may be almost in most users will sell the bitcoin they have for the cost of daily necessities, for example: medicines for health and food.
rainezerr401

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:46:42 PM

Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

What are your opinions on the subject ?  Cheesy

In my own opinion, it can actually decrease the value of bitcoins or a specific coin if one of the plant of a cryptocurrency mostly tokens or altcoins since it will slow down the transactions in the blockchain.
samycoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:52:25 PM

Hi ! First message here.

If a global disaster would happen on earth ( And I somehow don't wish it ) Would the value increase or decrease ?

I'm not talking about solar flares or EMP. But more like big wars or great natural disaster.

Maybe it will affect because many people use cryptocurrency around the world and depends if how many people will affected from that disaster because if one country only maybe it can't affect the value in market.

[   N O M I N E X   ]        EXCHANGE       ◥        telegram      facebook      twitter
(❪   WIN 1000 USDT   ❫)         in         T R A D E R S   C O M P E T I T I O N
███ Create account ███ [ REF. CAMP. ] Nominex Binary Affiliate Program
SunJAB

Activity: 406

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:18:20 PM

If global disasters occur in most of the countries where the majority of them are bitcoin users their impact might be strongly felt on the bitcoin value (if electricity and the internet can still be operated), yes at that time it may be almost in most users will sell the bitcoin they have for the cost of daily necessities, for example: medicines for health and food.
If disaster occurs I think that BTC could be used a lot to make money reserve and use better currency fiat. Bitcoin is becoming more popular and the support for Bitcoin is growing. I believe in the future of BTC and the cryptocurrency market will be very nice.

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
neonshium

Activity: 1134
Merit: 515

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:32:20 AM

Hi ! First message here.

What kind of disaster are you talking about? Lots of things are happening everyday and is not everything that happens that you hear about until it shows up on the news or so.

And all those kinda stuffs has nothing to do with Bitcoin, and like seriously, who even have time to be talking about Bitcoin when they in the affected area? You should be talking about survival and not even Bitcoin. But disaster doesn’t affect the price of Bitcoins.
imapd

Activity: 173

cave canem!

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:11:54 PM

Hi ! First message here.

My opinion it depends on the people who would stand at the steering wheel of world economy at that time, if they will point out bitcoin and its advantages for the world economy I think this would Leeds bitcoin and proper direction.

crazy-pilot

Activity: 861
Merit: 253

SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE

View Profile WWW
July 23, 2018, 10:30:23 AM

I'm thinking that the global disaster will shake the economy of the whole world, and if people will pay their attention on Bitcoin in that time thinking that it could help them, then the price will be definitely increased.

████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
...The Open..............
...Lending Platform...
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄█████████████████▄
▄██████████▀▀▀▀███████▄
█████████▀        ███████
████████▀        ▄█████████
█████████       ▄▀▀██████████
█████████     ▄▀   ▀█████████
██████████  ▄▀      █████████
█████████▀▀       ▄████████
███████        ▄█████████
▀███████▄▄▄▄██████████▀
▀█████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
.SMARTFI..████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
...Join the SmartFi.....
...Token Sale...
████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████▀▀▄██████▄▀▀████████
███████  ▀        ▀  ███████
██████                ██████
█████▌   ███    ███   ▐█████
█████▌   ▀▀▀    ▀▀▀   ▐█████
██████                ██████
███████▄  ▀██████▀  ▄███████
thetruth123123

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 02:22:11 PM

Hi ! First message here.

I think after the global natural disaster of people's intentions would be turned to recover those things that they have lost so bitcoin would not be the thing that they would be concerned about in that time.
crypto1010

Activity: 581
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:00:33 PM

If such would ever happen I think it could favor crypto users provided the show their humanitarian side by sending out some financial help through crypto and not fiat and in the long term when things get back to normal this could help the value of cryptos as this will show the world that there is a community out their that will come to their aid in time of need which could force people to take an interest in this digital community.
DAVETUN

Activity: 728
Merit: 101

Bitcoin is the currency of this age

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:16:38 PM

Just the ways global disaster, political issues, war and festive season have positive and negative impact on the stock and forex exchange, same apply to Bitcoin and cryptocurrency trading generally, reason why you must follow the global trend and news regularly as global disaster is sure to have a negative impact on the value of Bitcoin.
SearchingforS

Activity: 238

“The Future of Security Tokens”

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:17:16 PM

I think that disasters will only increase possible BTC value because current situation supports the power of fiat money and if everything will change the power of fiat will be lowered as well.

Roukawa

Activity: 546

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:34:14 PM

Hi ! First message here.

My presumption for bitcoin price when comes on will be decreased. Many people will probably withdraw their investment so that they can use it. When it happens other investors will surely sell also their BTC.
It may cause a large changes to the cryptocurrency because it may devaluate due to the catastrophic event. But still it will return to normal when crisis will finish.

RoccoSiffredi

Activity: 134

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 11:47:16 PM

Hi ! First message here.

The question is very interesting, but it totally would depend on which disaster and the context. SO I really guess there is no certain answer to your question, at all.

●  ROC2  ●   We have successfully delivered STAGE 1   ● ━━━━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
━ ━━ ━━━━ ━━━━━━  We now invite you to become part of PHASE2 expansion In Partnership With REDTUBE
● Telegram    ● Twitter    ● Facebook    ● Medium    [  ICO is L I V E !  ]   ━━━━━━ ━━━━ ━━ ━
The_Dark_Knight

Activity: 840
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:43:48 AM

Let's hope that there will be no war, but perhaps crypto under such a situation can grow at times.
In the case of a war money is not that useful, what it is really useful are goods and services, I have read about different civil wars and when the economy comes to a halt paper money does not hold any value at all, what it matters more than anything is food, shelter, water, toilet paper, cleaning agents and several other goods that we take for granted.
stepwilli

Activity: 1042
Merit: 273

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 05:35:43 AM

Hi ! First message here.

Bitcoin is not like most of you all sees it. It is totally different and not linked to our economy just like you think. So if there is a any disaster it can not affect the price of Bitcoin, the only thing that affect the price of Bitcoin is the markets buying and selling. That’s why you see some people (the whales) manipulating the market to be going up and down. So disasters don’t affect the price of any cryptocurrency.
BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 08:00:36 AM

I dont think that either would have an impact on bitcoin  Undecided
This is your opinion and you must be able to prove it. My statement isn’t for you brother, this is basically of the person who is asking this question. Actually global disasters can have an impact on bitcoin price but this is just unsure. You can’t say this is right in case of bitcoin. But yes, oil and gold and silver and all other minerals, they might be effected heavily from these disasters.
rainezerr401

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 12:14:57 PM

Hi ! First message here.

In my own opinion, global disaster will affect the market prices depending on the place where it will land because there are plants for block chain to work and it can actually slow the transactions in the market.
poonampawan

Activity: 55
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 12:52:07 PM

If a global disaster will happen, it would affect the price of those things first which are essential for living like food, water, housing etc. People would look for survival first. In that time, I don't think people are going to give much attention to Bitcoin or crypto, so value of Bitcoin should decrease.
yurekaa

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:12:11 PM

I think in case of major disasters such as natural disasters or environmental damage, in my opinion will not affect the value of crypto. because crypto is not centered on a country and is not controlled by any country. except in the event of a global economic crisis or the collapse of the dollar, maybe affect the value of crypto

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: