Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 10:03:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [FACTS] Dash has the whole scene scared !  (Read 4263 times)
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 02:49:09 PM

But the masses are not going to tolerate having their privacy being on a public blockchain.

But currently they (the masses) do tolerate putting any bit of their privacy on a platform owned by a corporation (facebook, google or whatever).

What alternative do we have that works well?

I use Facebook and I don't know anything to advise others to use instead. Do you?

Also those centralized sites protect the user's data against the public-at-large to some extent (but many users are angry or occasionally put off about the lack of control).

But we won't be able to compete directly against Facebook in the area where Facebook is strong.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
StinkyLover

Activity: 454
Merit: 250

This industry is pure fiction

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 02:49:17 PM

Monero's chart looks like a limp dick @ $12  Grin

Hahaha. It actually does! Cheesy
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 03:03:22 PM

Zcash and Dash are both going strong. Dash has what it takes to be what Bitcoin can't be. I've been bullish on Dash and Zcash, nice to be vidnicated. Hope it continues. I'd rather Dash growth slow down a bit until I get a master node though lol.

Joel_Jantsen
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1308

Get your game girl

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 03:30:51 PM

Zcash and Dash are both going strong. Dash has what it takes to be what Bitcoin can't be. I've been bullish on Dash and Zcash, nice to be vidnicated. Hope it continues. I'd rather Dash growth slow down a bit until I get a master node though lol.
How come Zcahs is anywhere closer to being strong ? Remember the old times where an idiot said 1 Zcash = 10 bitcoins ? Where did that zcash theory go ? Can't wait until zcash is thrown out of that list.I will definitely buy zcash when 1O Zcash = 10 satoshis.Just as hypothetical as the main Dev's theory is.
btc_zero_sum

Activity: 273
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 03:56:32 PM

But the masses are not going to tolerate having their privacy being on a public blockchain.

But currently they (the masses) do tolerate putting any bit of their privacy on a platform owned by a corporation (facebook, google or whatever).

What alternative do we have that works well?

I use Facebook and I don't know anything to advise others to use instead. Do you?

Also those centralized sites protect the user's data against the public-at-large to some extent (but many users are angry or occasionally put off about the lack of control).

But we won't be able to compete directly against Facebook in the area where Facebook is strong.

The "works well" part is different for anyone.
For me encrypted emails "works well" to communicate with my friends and i would never open an account on facebook anymore (i had it few years ago). PGP is complicated for the masses but i can live well without sharing lolcats with them.

What i meant with my previous message is that if the masses have such a low attention for privacy and new generation will perceive this as a standard, maybe this is a sign of times and a transparent blockchain goes along with the habits and perceptions changing
iamnotback

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 05:42:22 PM

What i meant with my previous message is that if the masses have such a low attention for privacy and new generation will perceive this as a standard, maybe this is a sign of times and a transparent blockchain goes along with the habits and perceptions changing

I was planning to reply to you again, because I realized that I hadn't entirely addressed your original point. You beat me to it while I was eating.

When analyzing things we have to be very careful not to overgeneralize and conflate orthogonal details.

First of all, the masses aren't sharing their financial privacy on Facebook. The "lolcats" aren't their monetary transactions. Their financial history is still protected by their bank. If you suddenly asked them to put this financial history on public Facebook feeds, I think many (if not most) would balk.

Secondly, as the coming war between liberals and conservatives intensifies, I don't think people will want their financial life to be publicly scrutinized, because as we know almost everyone is a hypocrite and does some of the same things in their private life that they criticize in public.

Thirdly, people put up a public persona on these social networks, but it doesn't mean they share everything there. Not all of them would announce online that they just cheated on their wife.

Privacy isn't going away. It is fundamental to human nature. Without some privacy them social networking (in general, not just the online fad) is in a Prisoner's Dilemma which is a suboptimal game theoretical quagmire.

If we posit that people will suddenly stop being sneaky, then I don't think we understand human nature. People game their circumstances in which ever way they estimate will optimize their outcomes. Opportunity cost of not doing so.

I do agree with you that financial privacy may be ignored by many until they get burned a few times. And it may also not be (almost certainly isn't) the #1 USP of decentralized technology.

My plan isn't to use privacy as a USP to the masses, rather make it automated for them, so they don't even know they are using it. It is a USP to our speculator markets herein though.
Rockie1234

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:08:33 PM

I'll be honest, for me this price surge was completely unexpected. Monero had a hold over Dash for quite some time recently, and it was getting bad press recently. Originally, I thought it was just a pump, but it looks like it's here to stay. Better than some dead coin like litecoin. I think as govs push against cryptocurrency and become more restrictive, the interest in these coins can only go up.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:11:01 PM

Better than some dead coin like litecoin.

"Better"? In what way is Dash better?

Oh you mean a better way to lose your lunch money speculating on price moves instead of investing in actual benefits for society?
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1011

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:14:48 PM

HOLY FUCK ! Dash = $39.29

and.. Bitcoin = $1,210.51

JESUS !  Shocked

I want to see DASH take down Ethereum so bad LOL

#2 position coming soon guys  Grin

..what is going on in the Altcoin scene ? WTF is going on people ?

FUD first & ask questions later™
iamnotback

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:19:38 PM

The insiders engineered some buying from themselves to ignite a pump.

Many are now jumping on board the pump train, to get some of that action. Self-feeding frenzy FOMO (fear of missing out).

Come on everybody, buy, buy, buy. This is the madness of crowds.
Rockie1234

Activity: 476
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:43:31 PM

Better than some dead coin like litecoin.

"Better"? In what way is Dash better?

Oh you mean a better way to lose your lunch money speculating on price moves instead of investing in actual benefits for society?

What? I sense a Monero supporter (don't worry, I don't support Dash, you can't criticise me for that). Actual benefits for society? I really think you are just completely missing the point. All I was saying was it's better to have a coin with new features as opposed to one that will never progress. PLEASE tell me what coin you baghold... sorry which coin you think has "actual benefits for society." This is a free market, and I'm not speculating in any way, I haven't bought or sold anything.
Maybe next time think before you make a post.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:51:15 PM

What? I sense a Monero supporter (don't worry, I don't support Dash, you can't criticise me for that). Actual benefits for society? I really think you are just completely missing the point. All I was saying was it's better to have a coin with new features as opposed to one that will never progress.

I never owned Monero. And Dash has no features. It is all BS.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:52:00 PM

@Spoetnik, here is the reason for the Dash pump:

https://www.caseyresearch.com/articles/meet-bitcoin-jesus

A Natural Market for the War on Cash

Your financial privacy is under assault by the War on Cash.

Every day, we get closer to a world where the government can peer on every single one of your purchases.

Fortunately, Roger told me about a new cryptocurrency that can protect your privacy more effectively than bitcoin.

It’s called Dash. We recommend you look into it.

ah, the power of Roger Ver actively promoting Dash .. i guess he got pushed to Dash too, just like with OP.
Amanda & Roger would form a great team.

http://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/trading/dash-now-third-biggest-cryptocurrency-market-cap/

Already at all time highs when we last reported on the rally just two days ago, Dash has jumped about 30% since. One possible reason for the new jump in price,
from $28 to $37, is a recent show of confidence in Dash by cryptocurrency advocate and investor Roger Ver, aka “Bitcoin Jesus”.
He reportedly bought Dash in protest of the censorship of major Bitcoin community forums.

One of many Bitcoin whales diversifying into Dash ? 
Stay tuned...
thesavoyard

Activity: 560
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:53:08 PM

The insiders engineered some buying from themselves to ignite a pump.

Many are now jumping on board the pump train, to get some of that action. Self-feeding frenzy FOMO (fear of missing out).

Come on everybody, buy, buy, buy. This is the madness of crowds.

Dash has the masternode system that allows instant transactions. They integrate tumbling so no getting ripped off by 3rd parties or having all your transactions public. Can and do successfully update their algorythm. Dash has all of its bases covered. Please tell me what lightcoin offers society? Also, the volume precludes a pump....

qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:58:10 PM

@Spoetnik, here is the reason for the Dash pump:

https://www.caseyresearch.com/articles/meet-bitcoin-jesus

A Natural Market for the War on Cash

Your financial privacy is under assault by the War on Cash.

Every day, we get closer to a world where the government can peer on every single one of your purchases.

Fortunately, Roger told me about a new cryptocurrency that can protect your privacy more effectively than bitcoin.

It’s called Dash. We recommend you look into it.

ah, the power of Roger Ver actively promoting Dash .. i guess he got pushed to Dash too, just like with OP.
Amanda & Roger would form a great team.

http://www.financemagnates.com/cryptocurrency/trading/dash-now-third-biggest-cryptocurrency-market-cap/

Already at all time highs when we last reported on the rally just two days ago, Dash has jumped about 30% since. One possible reason for the new jump in price,
from $28 to $37, is a recent show of confidence in Dash by cryptocurrency advocate and investor Roger Ver, aka “Bitcoin Jesus”.
He reportedly bought Dash in protest of the censorship of major Bitcoin community forums.

One of many Bitcoin whales diversifying into Dash ?  
Stay tuned...

Here are a few more pieces to the puzzle :

http://thedashtimes.com/2017/02/28/dash-partners-wall-coins-help-users-exchange-crypto-cash/
http://www.econotimes.com/Dash-rolls-out-major-software-upgrade-v121-Sentinel-525895
https://www.dash.org/forum/threads/rogerkver-list-of-bitcoin-competitors-he-diversified-into-for-better-privacy-cheaper-transactio.13290/
https://cointelegraph.com/news/dashs-break-to-4-crypto-position-explained-by-its-cashing-in-on-bitcoins-consumer-problems
http://www.econotimes.com/Dash-teams-up-with-BlockPay-to-enable-point-of-sale-purchases-in-over-36-countries-557984

Wall of Coins integration means that Dash has a pretty large OTC market to tap into now, leading to more liquidity and more usability.
Sentinel Update v12.1 demonstrate that Dash successfully mastered the art of hard forking in a controlled manner.
Integration with Blockpay gets Dash into a large market of Point of Sales related activities.
Roger Ver actively promoting Dash is a sign for large Bitcoin whales to really start thinking about diversifying their holdings.

Not to mention that one particular major exchange that is about to integrate Dash with FIAT pairs : https://www.dashcentral.org/p/bsdev-general-201702

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
iamnotback

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 06:59:04 PM

Dash has the masternode system that allows instant transactions.

The instant transactions are BS. I will soon teach you what instant txn tech is.

Masternodes can enable the greatest scam ever in crypto.

They integrate tumbling so no getting ripped off by 3rd parties or having all your transactions public.

Dash's anonymity is trash barely functional technology that has more holes than Swiss cheese (at least the last time I bothered to look and no need to bother to look again because they don't have any qualified cryptographers on their team).

Please tell me what lightcoin offers society?

At least it doesn't lie about what it does well.

Dash is not a technically competent group. It is allegedly a scam intensive group. Really that is it in a nutshell.

And so now we have Roger Ver associated with DASH and QTUM, so that is allegedly two scams already.
qwizzie
Legendary

Activity: 2548
Merit: 1245

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 07:10:34 PM

I understand, if you cant fight a cryptocurrency with valid arguments you can always resort to naming it a scam and hope that some people will fall for it.
After all it worked so well in the past Mr. iamnotback who has so many many accounts on this Bitcointalk forum alone.

Dont let the stress get to you like the last time when you called Dash a scam and then traced back on it by telling everyone that you went a bit too far
and needed to take a break from it all.... 

Learn from the past, set detailed and vivid goals for the future and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control : now
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 07:44:17 PM

Shelby says.. "Ver"

So what will Ver tell us all to buy next ? Apparently he is the most powerful Altcoin pundit in crypto history  Cheesy

Then Qwizzie posts a huge list of reasons "Why"
And you go on to argue about them Shelby..
Whether you agree with them or not is not the point.. he was addressing "why".

I am not for or against Dash per say but you fell on your face with this one.
AND your inherent dislike for Dash is rather obvious (you are reaching here)

Your other report topic for example lambasted Dash and gave Monero an almost perfect score.
You love to forget about King Risto's shenanigans.
If he had not poured money it into it non stop running the coin Monero would not be here today.
It is literally his coin so put that on your score charts.
Can you say centralization ?

This "MEW" topic should make it painfully obvious.... AGAIN
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=776479.msg12619507#msg12619507

iamnotback

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 08:13:39 PM
Last edit: March 01, 2017, 08:28:02 PM by iamnotback

@qwizzie your tactics are slimy and diversionary.

Dont let the stress get to you like the last time when you called Dash a scam and then traced back on it by telling everyone that you went a bit too far
and needed to take a break from it all....  

Quotes or it didn't happen. I don't remember that. So I am calling you a liar.

AND your inherent dislike for Dash is rather obvious (you are reaching here)

I dislike scams. I thought you disliked scams. But I guess you change with the crab bucket mentality wind.

Trying to hold me down. Won't work. But keep trying. You'll fail.

Your other report topic for example lambasted Dash and gave Monero an almost perfect score.

Are you referring to Coinbase's Securities Law Framework scoring system?

Well in that system Monero is decentralized and not culpable.

You love to forget about King Risto's shenanigans.
If he had not poured money it into it non stop running the coin Monero would not be here today.

That doesn't make it a security. Why don't you go learn about the Howey test and stop talking about irrelevant matters.

What ever Risto did was his own decision. There was no Common Enterprise which received an Investment of Money from the token.

There was some stupid MEW group for a while, but it didn't receive any money from Monero's protocol, unlike the masternode scam of Dash.

Please your technological ignorance is unbearable.

I didn't like what Risto did but that didn't make it liable under the Howey test. Please have more accurate discernment skills.
Spoetnik (OP)
Legendary

FUD Philanthropist™

View Profile
March 01, 2017, 08:38:43 PM

Well Dash broke $40  Shocked

I wonder if we should start a POLL here asking if Roger Ver convinced you to buy Dash ?
I am shocked it's gone up over the last while.
It was not over night either.. it's been building up for some time !

I'd be sniffing at market manipulation / pumping etc before i would look to blame / credit Ver.
I don't think most of us read all these random crypto sites mentioned.
Every time i come here someone is posting some link to a Crypto news story on a site i never heard of.
Then, blaming that news site link for making grandiose changes in the scene.  Roll Eyes

More than likely it's a combo of factors i think.

I hate to rail on like it's about price speculation.
What i find interesting is the MarketCap positions.
Ethereum needs to die with fire so i hope Dash or any other coin (Not Ripple) takes it down !
Ok or Steem or.. LOL
Most of the ranked coins in the top 10 or 20 are dogshit and should be gone ASAP.
It won't Doge taking the #2 spot again.. we know that much (108,357,302,375 DOGE)  Cheesy

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: