Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 11:36:08 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Buying BFL debt. $0.10 per dollar owed.  (Read 15967 times)
Transisto
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1731
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
April 20, 2013, 09:11:09 AM
Last edit: April 21, 2013, 08:09:06 PM by Transisto

... I will bet you the full amount you paid in BTC for your orders from BFL that your orders will be fulfilled.  If you'd rather just do the USD value, I will take that bet as well.  You escrow the BTC,  I will escrow the BTC and when your order(s) are fulfilled you lose the bet.  If your orders aren't fulfilled, you win the bet and you get back your BTC (or USD value equivalent if you prefer) - so you're 100% hedged against your losses, since you're positive BFL is a scam and you'll never see your orders....

I wish I could escrow a 50% hedge to protect my ~300btc BFL purchase with you Inaba.

Only if we could define a "BY WHEN ?" in "If your orders aren't fulfilled" and specify the "WHAT ?" of my order.

I'm sure we can agree on a middle ground between a 1500ghs unit @1w/ghs and 300 Single sized Jalapeno who'd be taking a full room and consuming 9kW.

Edit : This bet would fail you unless "our order" definition is only based on total hash-rate, disregarding efficiency, footprint and delivery date.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 09:44:35 AM

Sure, I'll address the rest of the post just as soon as you back up your bullshit with a 500 BTC.  You claim BFL is a scam and that we will never ship a product.  I claim that BFL is not a scam and will ship a product. I am willing to escrow 500 BTC for my claim.  You escrow 500 BTC for your claim and we can move on to whether or not we'll bet on your ludicrous caveats.

My guess is that you'll just Micon-out of the bet, because, just like Bryan Micon, you are a lying piece of shit and you are unwilling to back up your claims...  You and Bryan Micon love to make all these grand pronouncements until someone calls you on it, then you deflect and hem and haw and try to weasel your way out of it. 

So until you back up your statement that "BFL is a ponzi scheme, an obvious scam" and "I do not believe my orders will be fulfilled" we have nothing to discuss other than what an idiot you are.  In fact, how about this... you want to hedge your orders.  I will bet you the full amount you paid in BTC for your orders from BFL that your orders will be fulfilled.  If you'd rather just do the USD value, I will take that bet as well.  You escrow the BTC,  I will escrow the BTC and when your order(s) are fulfilled you lose the bet.  If your orders aren't fulfilled, you win the bet and you get back your BTC (or USD value equivalent if you prefer) - so you're 100% hedged against your losses, since you're positive BFL is a scam and you'll never see your orders.

That's what you're hoping to accomplish with this ridiculous thread, right?  That's what you CLAIM.  If that's the case, then this wager is a no brainer.  Unless... you are lying?

this ^ is what you call a big pussy who won't bet you based on his previous promises and claims but expects you to bet based on the unprovable fact that BFL is a scam before they were to run with the money. Pirate wasn't a scam all the way up until he stopped paying interest and then went silent like a fat pussy.

Inaba, you are no different. Lol

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

ursa

Activity: 72
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:20:32 AM

Where's the 1000 BTC promised to charity if BFL doesn't achieve the power consumption they promised?
Malawi

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

One bitcoin to rule them all!

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:21:48 AM

Sure, I'll address the rest of the post just as soon as you back up your bullshit with a 500 BTC.  You claim BFL is a scam and that we will never ship a product.  I claim that BFL is not a scam and will ship a product. I am willing to escrow 500 BTC for my claim.  You escrow 500 BTC for your claim and we can move on to whether or not we'll bet on your ludicrous caveats.

My guess is that you'll just Micon-out of the bet, because, just like Bryan Micon, you are a lying piece of shit and you are unwilling to back up your claims...  You and Bryan Micon love to make all these grand pronouncements until someone calls you on it, then you deflect and hem and haw and try to weasel your way out of it. 

So until you back up your statement that "BFL is a ponzi scheme, an obvious scam" and "I do not believe my orders will be fulfilled" we have nothing to discuss other than what an idiot you are.  In fact, how about this... you want to hedge your orders.  I will bet you the full amount you paid in BTC for your orders from BFL that your orders will be fulfilled.  If you'd rather just do the USD value, I will take that bet as well.  You escrow the BTC,  I will escrow the BTC and when your order(s) are fulfilled you lose the bet.  If your orders aren't fulfilled, you win the bet and you get back your BTC (or USD value equivalent if you prefer) - so you're 100% hedged against your losses, since you're positive BFL is a scam and you'll never see your orders.

That's what you're hoping to accomplish with this ridiculous thread, right?  That's what you CLAIM.  If that's the case, then this wager is a no brainer.  Unless... you are lying?

Why not just put up a bet at bitbet.us? Something like "BFL will deliver at least X units of Y to end users by <DATE>", and then put those 500 BTC's on yes?

BitCoin is NOT a pyramid - it's a pagoda.
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:52:52 AM

Where's the 1000 BTC promised to charity if BFL doesn't achieve the power consumption they promised?

What is the power consumption that they promised and by when? Was it supposed to be the first batch?

John Self

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 10:58:27 AM

What is the power consumption that they promised and by when? Was it supposed to be the first batch?

Luke-Jr didn't even have to plug in the unit they shipped to him. I think this bet goes to BFL.

14GXJ3Q16PJNNF6v4iyxhvuhacuhvckMym
meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 11:05:39 AM

Josh: Sonny, sorry calling you so late, but I have an idea.
Sonny: I'm all ears, bud.
Josh: I got the idea from some thread on BT, and I simply modified it. Since people are refunding in droves, we can fire up one of our sockpuppets to payout sixty cents on the dollar, thus you get to keep forty percent, minus my cut of course.
Sonny: Of course! I like it! Do it! By the way, how's the interesting solution to the MiniRig problem coming along?
Josh: Can't talk over the phone because it may be tapped.
Sonny: HeHe!
Josh: HeHe!
Al the Alpaca: (tapping the line) Them boy's ain't right!

you are my fav spy.

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
meowmeowbrowncow

Activity: 322
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 11:11:16 AM

Sure, I'll address the rest of the post just as soon as you back up your bullshit with a 500 BTC.  You claim BFL is a scam and that we will never ship a product.  I claim that BFL is not a scam and will ship a product. I am willing to escrow 500 BTC for my claim.  You escrow 500 BTC for your claim and we can move on to whether or not we'll bet on your ludicrous caveats.

My guess is that you'll just Micon-out of the bet, because, just like Bryan Micon, you are a lying piece of shit and you are unwilling to back up your claims...  You and Bryan Micon love to make all these grand pronouncements until someone calls you on it, then you deflect and hem and haw and try to weasel your way out of it.  

So until you back up your statement that "BFL is a ponzi scheme, an obvious scam" and "I do not believe my orders will be fulfilled" we have nothing to discuss other than what an idiot you are.  In fact, how about this... you want to hedge your orders.  I will bet you the full amount you paid in BTC for your orders from BFL that your orders will be fulfilled.  If you'd rather just do the USD value, I will take that bet as well.  You escrow the BTC,  I will escrow the BTC and when your order(s) are fulfilled you lose the bet.  If your orders aren't fulfilled, you win the bet and you get back your BTC (or USD value equivalent if you prefer) - so you're 100% hedged against your losses, since you're positive BFL is a scam and you'll never see your orders.

That's what you're hoping to accomplish with this ridiculous thread, right?  That's what you CLAIM.  If that's the case, then this wager is a no brainer.  Unless... you are lying?

this ^ is what you call a big pussy who won't bet you based on his previous promises and claims but expects you to bet based on the unprovable fact that BFL is a scam before they were to run with the money. Pirate wasn't a scam all the way up until he stopped paying interest and then went silent like a fat pussy.

Inaba, you are no different. Lol

Yeah, Josh's propaganda relies heavily on Schrodinger logic.  Everyone on the outside sees evidence of poorly run business.

While 'bad debt' might be premature - dealing with snotty COOs, CS Managers, and 'honest abe' ethereal marketing centerpieces is ... something I didn't pay for.

"Bitcoin has been an amazing ride, but the most fascinating part to me is the seemingly universal tendency of libertarians to immediately become authoritarians the very moment they are given any measure of power to silence the dissent of others."  - The Bible
RoadStress
Legendary

Activity: 1904
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 11:54:10 AM

Did you pay the 1000BTC for charity yes Inaba?

yxt
Legendary

Activity: 3528
Merit: 1116

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:05:56 PM

@Inaba
shut up and pay 1000BTC to charity

BTCKano Pool██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██
██
██
██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
██ ██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
██ ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
   ██
pikeadz

Activity: 238

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:19:21 PM

Lets break this down real quick:

1. You want to hedge your bet.
2. You are absolutely positive BFL won't ship.  Ergo, a bet against BFL is a sure thing, according to your claim.
3. You are guaranteed a win of 500 BTC (or whatever amount you care to wager)
4. You don't want to bet because it's the "opposite" of hedging.

Let's break THIS down a little bit

1. you consider orders with your own company a bet
2. you consider a 10% hedge against a 100% order a sure thing
3. again, you're willing to cheat and scam your way to the winning side of a bet
4. you're really bad at math.

So you just tell me how many units you consider legit to satisfy the claim of shipped there champ, we'll go with that.

How about we start with the orders so far which have been bought and paid for in full. That shouldn't be too hard, a company shipping orders that were paid for months ago, should it? Legally an order has to be refunded or shipped within 30 days of full payment, so we can exclude any orders placed since march 20th, so only the orders placed between june 2012, and march 20, 2013. I'll put 350 BTC in escrow up against that, that you won't ship all orders placed within that time period before june 1st, 2013. What do you say?

Yep, I nailed it.  Your claim:

BFL won't ship any product.

Your bet:  BFL won't ship thousands of products before June 1st.  

Which is it Franky?  Will BFL ship a product or not?  Your claim is that BFL won't ship a product, you are unwilling to bet on that, but you ARE willing to bet that BFL won't ship thousands of products before June 1st, 2013.  Why would you need to put such ridiculous constraints on a bet when you believe BFL won't even ship a single product?

Oh... maybe it's because you're a lying piece of shit?  Yeah, thought so...

This is the reason you will never be successful like Yifu and Avalon.  You are busy making bets on a message board and calling your customers lying pieces of shit.  They are busy shipping units to customers.
Bogart
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:35:02 PM

of course they will be slow with shipping and not ship anywhere close to the numbers they were suggesting (400/day)... it's BFL.... It took them like 6 months+ to ship all their FPGA preorders. I'm pretty sure they have more ASIC preorders than they did FPGAs because they've been advertising like crazy since day 1. So... I'd say AT LEAST 6 months for them to make it out of their preorder backlog, probably more like 9 though.

BFL only caught up on their FPGA pre-orders because they discontinued the product and instead started taking ASIC pre-orders.

They started taking ASIC pre-orders (and effectively killed the FPGA market) in June (or was it May?) 2012.  They shipped their last FPGA Single in November 2012.

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/35-more-fpgas-ship-thursday-11-1.html
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/36-fpgas-through10-5-shipping-today.html
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/38-fpga-singles-shipped-through-10-16.html
https://forums.butterflylabs.com/blogs/bfl_jody/41-fpga-orders-all-shipped.html

It takes a lot of GPU's to produce 25gh/sec, that's a lot of electricity for BFL to run Lukes miner.

Or one FPGA Mini-rig, which coincidentally makes exactly 25GH/s.  Maybe 27.5 if you OC'd it.

"All safe deposit boxes in banks or financial institutions have been sealed... and may only be opened in the presence of an agent of the I.R.S." - President F.D. Roosevelt, 1933
Flying Hellfish
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1754

Verified Bernie Bro - Feel The Bern!

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:39:05 PM

I wonder if Josh the customer will receive his order before Frankie... LOL the sick irony in that shit.

Nice to see the classy spokesperson for BFL back in action, keep it up turbo!  I wonder if pre-orders are slow this week so he needed to come back here to tap the well LOL.........
Frizz23

Activity: 1162

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 12:47:50 PM

... you are a lying piece of shit ... try to weasel your way out of it ... have nothing to discuss other than what an idiot you are. ...

That is always so funny: The biggest liar himself accusing others of being liars  Smiley

Ξtherization⚡️First P2E 2016⚡️🏰💎🌈 etherization.org
takagari
Legendary

Activity: 1050

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 02:22:30 PM

Glad I didnt buy into the BFL BS

Even if they produce a great product I have a hard time supporting a company who's overall customer service is representative of how this douche bag talks.
k9quaint
Legendary

Activity: 1190

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:02:38 PM

Even if they produce a great product I have a hard time supporting a company who's overall customer service is representative of how this douche bag talks.

Imagine if the product is unstable and dies 3 weeks out of the gate. Would you want to be dealing with BFL through warranty issues?
I can see that phone call to the BFL support line going something like this:

Customer: "Hello, I need to RMA my BFL ASIC unit. It stopped working yesterday and I can't get it to turn on."
BFL: "Liar! Liar! Liar! Liar! Liar! *click*"
Customer: "Hello?"

Bitcoin is backed by the full faith and credit of YouTube comments.
Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:05:36 PM

Imagine if the product is unstable and dies 3 weeks out of the gate. Would you want to be dealing with BFL through warranty issues?
I can see that phone call to the BFL support line going something like this:

Customer: "Hello, I need to RMA my BFL ASIC unit. It stopped working yesterday and I can't get it to turn on."
BFL: "Liar! Liar! Liar! Liar! Liar! *click*"
Customer: "Hello?"

This. Or "It will take 6 months to fix this or we can just give you an upgrade to a working unit now for double the price you paid before."

FloridaBear

Activity: 260

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:46:41 PM

Ok you tool, here you go:

It's obvious with recent propaganda videos and lack of communication that the entire scheme is ready to collapse,
This is not incompatible with shipping some units. +0.
In the interests of absolute transparency. I do not own any potion of butterfly labs I do have orders placed through butterfly labs. I do not believe my orders will be fulfilled.
It's quite possible they could fulfil some orders, but not his. +0.
You believe you'll make your profit from BFL shipping a functional product, i don't believe that is a possiblity.
Again, not incompatible with shipping some units. +0.
This thread is my hedge(albeit in a less scumbag way) against butterfly labs's ponzi scheme, an obvious scam.
This is probably the closest to saying "they will not ship," but could also refer to the fact that BFL was obviously using customer preorders to fund R&D and there was never a guarantee that they would have a product. If they had failed, all of the "pre-orderers" would be completely screwed, as that money was GONE. Hence, Ponzi scheme that may have gotten lucky and actually produced a working product (sort of). +0
but i believe for most it will provide something from nothing

The list goes on.  You are a LYING. PIECE. OF. SHIT.

Put up or shut up, dirt bag.  But you won't... because you're a piece of shit.  What's even more pathetic is that you STILL maintain an order with a company you CLAIM is a scam.  The very definition of idiot, yet again.

Wow, the absolute definition of hypocrisy here. "Lying," "dirt bag," "piece of shit," you sure seem to fit all of those descriptions yourself, Josh. Amazing that you can throw them around so easily.
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 04:59:17 PM

This is the reason you will never be successful like Yifu and Avalon.  You are busy making bets on a message board and calling your customers lying pieces of shit.  They are busy shipping units to customers.

Wow, the absolute definition of hypocrisy here. "Lying," "dirt bag," "piece of shit," you sure seem to fit all of those descriptions yourself, Josh. Amazing that you can throw them around so easily.

Hear Hear!
nubbins
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 05:01:48 PM

WOW.

I've been idly following this whole BFL debacle for a few months, as I've got a few shares in a mining fund that's waiting on a pre-order.

The behaviour of BFL staff on this forum and others is absolutely disgraceful.

BFL, you folks have brought great, great shame to yourselves -- not through your hilariously inaccurate deadlines, but through your interactions with others on this forum.

Would you buy ANYTHING from a company whose representatives are calling others "pieces of shit" and "idiots" in public forums?

Absolutely disgraceful. Both of you should shut the fuck up until you start shipping. Until that happens, YOUR PRIORITY IS ON DELIVERING. Not mouthing off to strangers.

Your arrogance has made you the laughing stock of the entire Bitcoin community.

YOUR ARROGANCE IS WHY YOUR COMPANY WILL FAIL.

No longer buying/selling Casascius coins. Beware scammers.
My OTC Web of Trust ratings / What's a PGP chain of custody?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: