Bitcoin Forum
May 13, 2024, 06:41:32 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Police State?  (Read 25853 times)
Viceroy

Activity: 924
Merit: 501

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:07:16 PM

Not me... the police state you apparently live in.  I would never threaten anyone.  I hug trees.  You piece of shit.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
myrkul

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

FIAT LIBERTAS RVAT CAELVM

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 08:08:52 PM

Not me... the police state you apparently live in.  I would never threaten anyone.  I hug trees.  You piece of shit.

Yes, I can feel the love.

BTC1MYRkuLv4XPBa6bGnYAronz55grPAGcxja
Need Dispute resolution? Public Key ID: 0x11D341CF
No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Viceroy

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:13:18 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2013, 08:28:59 PM by Viceroy

Fuck you terrorist cowards, show your face!
anu
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1001

RepuX - Enterprise Blockchain Protocol

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:16:34 PM

Right or wrong, my country.

Well we in America welcome opinions one and all.  But if you think I'm a NAZI or blind to the atrocities committed by MY government you are a fool and you do not know me at all.  

Not saying you are a Nazi. I am saying you are brainwashed.

That said America is not now nor has it ever been a Police State.

Nor will it ever be! By definition! Right? RIGHT!?!?!?!!!!

Nazi's don't smoke pot.

You seem to know a lot about the time.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
███████████▄    ▄███████████
█████████████▄▄█████████████
████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
  ▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
 ████████████████████████▄
█████████████▀▀█████████████
███████████▀    ▀███████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.Decentralized Data & Applications Protocol For SMEs.
▔▔▔▔  ●  Twitter  ●  Facebook  ●  Bitcointalk  ●  Reddit  ●  ▔▔▔▔
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
Enterprise Blockchain Protocol
.GET WHITELISTED.
Token Sale starts 6th of February 2018
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 08:21:10 PM

I do not love you.  I don't even like you.   And if you side with the bombers again or try to sidetrack an important discussion I might just change my previous sentiment about never threatening anyone or their pets. 
I have never, not once sided with the bombers. I have simply stated that tanks and paramilitary dress were excessive, and used only for intimidation.

If your 8 year old was blown up in Boston you'd understand the compassion I feel for my fellow citizens. 
My condolences, if you have lost a loved one in this heinous attack. But don't you feel you should also show compassion for those citizens that disagree with you, rather than calling them names?

I feel for the people who were victims of a piece of shit "kid".  And teasing Americans or minimizing what those people went through is akin to supporting the terrorists directly.
I never once minimized what those people went through, either. Nor have I joined in on the inevitable conspiracy theory ranting. In no way do I support terrorists. No matter what costume they wear.

No person has the right to initiate force, threat of force, or fraud against another person or their property. VIM VI REPELLERE LICET
Viceroy

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:21:16 PM

Not saying you are a Nazi. I am saying you are brainwashed.

Are you qualified to make such a diagnosis over the internet based on what people are writing in a forum about a touchy subject?  Gee, doc, I guess you'd better send me a bill for your amazing diagnosis.
anu
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:23:41 PM

terrorist cowards

That is a point I never understood. Why are terrorists called cowards? I mean, they are brainwashed, evil, stupid, deluded. He may be an enemy. But cowards? To my mind, someone who commits to a project which he will likely not survive, and in some case will find certain death is not a coward. Please explain.

▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.GET WHITELISTED.
Viceroy

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:25:23 PM

My condolences, if you have lost a loved one in this heinous attack. But don't you feel you should also

See, this is where we need to stop this nonsense.  I lost nobody, but that's not relevant.  What is relevant is that you are trying to tell somebody who you think was personally effected by the bombing how they should think.  

You are supporting terrorism while trying to prove some point that you are intellectually superior to me/us.  You are not.  Now I know why your mother left you.  You are not better than us, you piece of shit terror lover.

Viceroy

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:28:27 PM

That is a point I never understood. Why are terrorists called cowards?

Unfortunately there are only so many words in the English language.  The thinking man calls them "mother fucking pieces of shit" but people get mad when you say that in public.  There is no word to express my hatred for people committing heinous acts like the Boston bombers.

coward, fuck face, shit fuck, asshole, motherfucker, myrkul   -    they are all synonymous.  None of them captures the meaning.

anu
Legendary

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:29:58 PM

Are you qualified to make such a diagnosis over the internet based on what people are writing in a forum about a touchy subject?  Gee, doc, I guess you'd better send me a bill for your amazing diagnosis.

One does not need a formal qualification to state the obvious. Very cold water is solid. Terrorist are usual deluded, brainwashed victims of their ideology. If you are insolvent, you are bankrupt.

I am not formally qualified to make any of these statement as I am neither a phyisicist not a anti terror psychologist nor an MBA. Still I feel it is within my liberty to do so. Of course, you disagree.

▀█████████████████████▀
   ▄████████████████████▄
RepuX▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
▄██▄
████
████
████
████
████
████
████
▀██▀
.GET WHITELISTED.
wdmw

Activity: 199
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 08:31:35 PM

Unfortunately there are only so many words in the English language. 

You're in luck!  English has the most words of any language currently in use.  I bet there is one out there that very closely reflects your meaning.

I bet Myrkul could help; he seems to be pretty good with language, and smart too!
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 08:31:53 PM

My condolences, if you have lost a loved one in this heinous attack. But don't you feel you should also

See, this is where we need to stop this nonsense.  I lost nobody, but that's not relevant.  What is relevant is that you are trying to tell somebody who you think was personally effected by the bombing how they should think.  

Well, you implied that you had:
If your 8 year old was blown up in Boston you'd understand the compassion I feel for my fellow citizens.

I was simply pointing out that if you "feel compassion for your fellow citizens," excluding a group of us because we think the BPD have stepped over a line with the use of tanks and paramilitary uniforms - a very disturbing line, at that - is rather hypocritical.

Of course, hypocrisy is par for the course from a statist, but I can't help but try and correct it.

"Profanity is the last refuge of the truly ignorant." - Anonymous

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 24, 2013, 08:33:46 PM

Unfortunately there are only so many words in the English language. 

You're in luck!  English has the most words of any language currently in use.  I bet there is one out there that very closely reflects your meaning.

I bet Myrkul could help; he seems to be pretty good with language, and smart too!

The word he's looking for is "zealot." If he knows it, I suspect he avoids it, because it describes him as well.

pekv2

Activity: 770
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 24, 2013, 10:30:17 PM

Something I'd like to share that happened in this police state of USA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LrbsUVSVl8

Always record the LEO's.
Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:10:02 AM

Well, you implied that you had:

I was simply pointing out that if you "feel compassion for your fellow citizens," excluding a group of us because we think the BPD have stepped over a line with the use of tanks and paramilitary uniforms - a very disturbing line, at that - is rather hypocritical.

Of course, hypocrisy is par for the course from a statist, but I can't help but try and correct it.

"Profanity is the last refuge of the truly ignorant." - Anonymous
Cops make poor soldiers and soldiers make terrible cops.

But look, we had and continue to have serious problems with no knock raids and hundreds dead from wrong doors bashed in.....and that's almost entirely without the tanks and paramilitary uniforms.  For delails, google Radley Balko and follow his development of the problem. 

I believe the paramilitarization is understandable largely as a result of "beefing up" the various PD after 9/11.  It's logical as a government response to a problem, which of course means it's utter nonsense.
myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 02:17:09 AM

But look, we had and continue to have serious problems with no knock raids and hundreds dead from wrong doors bashed in.....and that's almost entirely without the tanks and paramilitary uniforms.  For delails, google Radley Balko and follow his development of the problem. 
Oh, I agree, the no-knock raids and other abuses by the police are bad enough. But the militarization of the police should be enough to wake up anyone. (See my first post in this thread.)

Spendulus
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1386

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:25:18 AM

I'm quite familiar with the problem but tell me this:

How would YOU have rooted out the Boston bomber jerkoff?

You run the PD.  Deploy WHO?  HOW?  With WHAT?

Matthew N. Wright
Untrustworthy

Activity: 588

Hero VIP ultra official trusted super staff puppet

View Profile
April 25, 2013, 02:27:13 AM
Last edit: April 25, 2013, 02:38:09 AM by Matthew N. Wright

I'm quite familiar with the problem but tell me this:

You run the PD.  Deploy WHO?  HOW?  With WHAT?

You ask people to cooperate in helping them do their job. I would.

Do not force them to. In my childhood in the USA, I had lived in the ghetto for a while. Police were chasing people through our yard on a regular basis (shootings happened like clockwork and gang violence was prevalent). They *always* asked to enter our house (despite our relation to law enforcement). They always notified us of what was going on with assumption that we were not related to the individual and were innocent. Watching the Boston videos it seems that they weren't being professional police, they were being professional soldiers.

If someone declines and you still have grounds to believe that the person you're looking for may be in the house, you ask a judge for a warrant to search and present him with your evidence. At least then there is accountability on the judge, versus not even knowing a cop's badge number as he forces you out of your house. You can sue later and have laws changed when warrants are improperly issued. Not so easy with vague "justified entry" by a single cop whom you don't even know his name and no one will tell you because "shut up, truther".

The point is, if we are supposed to have a law in society, the police need to follow it too, even to our detriment. If something needs to be changed, let it be agreed upon and not forced upon us.

Disclaimer: I've never been to Boston in my life, I don't know what the mood or tolerance to crime is like there. All I know is that if I had sworn to protect people, I'd protect them from myself and my kind as well.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 02:34:48 AM

See this guy?

You send him, and a few hundred of his buddies, around and have them, as Matt says, ask to have a look around. If someone doesn't cooperate, you get a warrant.

You don't need tanks, you don't need military-style camo outfits, you don't need assault rifles.

When you find the guy, you don't fill him full of holes. You take him in and find out why he did it, and if there is anyone else involved.

In other words, you act like cops, not soldiers.

myrkul

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2013, 02:44:03 AM

You don't need tanks, you don't need military-style camo outfits, you don't need assault rifles.

But the guy had bombs, and assault rifles, so you want to have cops who are not properly trained to handle a very dangerous suspect?

Did I say anything about not training them? No. I believe I said things about not equipping them for going to war on the populace instead of capturing a fugitive. In fact, you quoted what I said. Read it again.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 »
  Print  

Jump to: