Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 08:37:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What does Death mean to you?  (Read 4342 times)
CC-Resurgam (OP)

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

I Shall Rise Again From The Ashes Of My Failures.

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2017, 05:25:48 PM
Last edit: March 16, 2017, 06:58:36 PM by CC-Resurgam

i want to get a discussion going about death.

i've always been fascinated by death, Sure i have been off an on depressed and occasionally suicidal, the main reason i never went threw with it is because i understand that it would just be transferring my pain to those who care about me. while that isn't what i want to talk about suffice it to say i have given death a lot of thought.

what i find interesting is that it is the only certainty in the universe, i mean everything dies. no matter what we are all constantly dying. hell even our birth was a lottery, out of roughly 250 different sperm cells 1 made it threw to cause you, and your mom just happened to be fertile. if you think about it the fact that you are alive is a miracle in an of itself.

so since death is guaranteed while life never was, i think it is only natural to think about it. one of the great laws of this universe is for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. which has held true for everything we understand. however what about death? we are constantly creating memories, and our brain is constantly firing electrical signals creating memory, thought, self. so how can that just abruptly end? i was also christian for a long time (now agnostic) so in order for our life and memories and entire being to end there has to be another reaction.our bodies decay and give life to nature, but your soul, our being, where does that go? energy cannot be created or destroyed. and since there isn't a reaction that was can perceive then the only question is what happens.

through all of religion there have only ever been three options, heaven, hell, and purgatory. they may go by different names but these are base three options.
but there is no sign of a greater power anywhere, one surely has to exist but there is no reason to believe that they created an afterlife. and then there is the question about where the soul of every creature goes. what truly separates a dog from us? why should we attain an afterlife and not the fish? bugs? plants? at what point does life not have reason?

this isn't necessarily a discussion of the afterlife the only limitation is death. if energy cannot be destroyed then neither can data. and that is all our memories are. so my question is after death where do our memories go? where do our beings go.

i understand there is not a real answer but i would still like to discuss this.

a few other intresting points of reference, a scientist found the "Consciousness on/off switch" July, 2014
also a good article to read is the studies and affects of a lobotomy

EDIT:
If you are feeling up to it i would like to know your first time experiencing death, whether it be a pet, a friend, a family member, or idol. when was the first time the weight of death made you think.

I personally have never been saddened by death. it sounds messed up i know, but about 4 years ago my grandmother died, we were really close. yet i did not cry, i did not feel sad, even tho i knew that i would never see her again i was not upset. i have struggled with this for a while but i think it is just my understanding of death that causes me to not feel sad by it. i look at it as something that just happens, no point crying over something that cannot be changes, no point despairing when entering the unknown. however when i thought my dog might die i was extremely upset, and crying. i think it is because he wasnt dead yet. i am not sure.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄                  ▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄            ▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░▌        ▐░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░▌░▌     ▐░▐░▌
▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌                    ▐░▌                    ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌                    ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌▐░▌ ▐░▌▐░▌
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌ ▐░▐░▌  ▐░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌▐░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌   ▐░▌    ▐░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀█░█▀▀  ▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀█░█▀▀  ▐░▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░▌     ▀      ▐░▌
▐░▌         ▐░▌     ▐░▌                                        ▐░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌         ▐░▌     ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌             ▐░▌
▐░▌          ▐░▌    ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌          ▐░▌    ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌             ▐░▌
▐░▌           ▐░▌   ▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌           ▐░▌   ▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌             ▐░▌
  ▀               ▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀               ▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀                  ▀    ▀                 ▀
     ▓▒░░ Fast
     ▓▒░░ Affordable
     ▓▒░░ Friendly
PikachuYou

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

Me is Cute

View Profile
March 08, 2017, 11:57:19 PM

http://www.sciencealert.com/brain-activity-has-been-recorded-as-much-as-10-minutes-after-death

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtT6Xkk-kzk

what we know as "death" is merely a portal for us to move on to the next phase
jeen5

Activity: 171
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 10:17:13 AM

i think: live shall taste death.we're waiting for death and it will find us. Smiley hould we be scared? it was like a horror movie. in life there is death ve really.  Shocked
jems

Activity: 854

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 12:30:58 PM

to live again
Kencha77

Activity: 574
Merit: 251

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 01:06:52 PM

Death for me is an end of a cycle in a set time and space. There's no knowing what will happen after that.So because we humans don't yet have this proper knowledge, we think of it that death only happens in our current time and space.
Vod
Legendary

Activity: 3710
Merit: 3081

Licking my boob since 1970

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 01:25:41 PM

Death is death.

Your imaginary beliefs end with death.  There is no next phase.

This is not the age of ignorance. 

https://nastyscam.com - landing page up     https://vod.fan - advanced image hosting - coming soonish!
OGNasty has early onset dementia; keep this in mind when discussing his past actions.
JengoFF_n0

Activity: 56
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 01:31:29 PM

For me, death is the completion of one life incarnation. If the soul did not develop, did not work out karma, did not fulfill its mission, then it will return to the earth for new life tasks. This is just my opinion, as I can say after my death when I see what is there Huh
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 01:34:06 PM

For me death is the end of everything. I am an atheist and do not believe that there is life after death. So I live now and don't believe in second chances.
frankbit

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 03:49:47 PM

I also think that death is a dead end, but I'm not afraid of it. I'm not so good living to worry about.
tikboyhere

Activity: 108

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 05:58:23 PM

i want to get a discussion going about death.

i've always been fascinated by death, Sure i have been off an on depressed and occasionally suicidal, the main reason i never went threw with it is because i understand that it would just be transferring my pain to those who care about me. while that isn't what i want to talk about suffice it to say i have given death a lot of thought.

what i find interesting is that it is the only certainty in the universe, i mean everything dies. no matter what we are all constantly dying. hell even our birth was a lottery, out of roughly 250 different sperm cells 1 made it threw to cause you, and your mom just happened to be fertile. if you think about it the fact that you are alive is a miracle in an of itself.

so since death is guaranteed while life never was, i think it is only natural to think about it. one of the great laws of this universe is for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. which has held true for everything we understand. however what about death? we are constantly creating memories, and our brain is constantly firing electrical signals creating memory, thought, self. so how can that just abruptly end? i was also christian for a long time (now agnostic) so in order for our life and memories and entire being to end there has to be another reaction.our bodies decay and give life to nature, but your soul, our being, where does that go? energy cannot be created or destroyed. and since there isn't a reaction that was can perceive then the only question is what happens.

through all of religion there have only ever been three options, heaven, hell, and purgatory. they may go by different names but these are base three options.
but there is no sign of a greater power anywhere, one surely has to exist but there is no reason to believe that they created an afterlife. and then there is the question about where the soul of every creature goes. what truly separates a dog from us? why should we attain an afterlife and not the fish? bugs? plants? at what point does life not have reason?

this isn't necessarily a discussion of the afterlife the only limitation is death. if energy cannot be destroyed then neither can data. and that is all our memories are. so my question is after death where do our memories go? where do our beings go.

i understand there is not a real answer but i would still like to discuss this.

a few other intresting points of reference, a scientist found the "Consciousness on/off switch" July, 2014
also a good article to read is the studies and affects of a lobotomy
Death is something that we need to realized as part of living though its really hard to accept this fact. But this is something that we cant decide on ourself its only Him who can get this one from us since we just borrowed it from him. What we can do is just to maximize what the time and days that we still have it. Enjoy every moment for those people who are very important for you like you parents or friends. Death will help us to appreciate how beauty is a life is and it will also give as a perspective to move on through adversity.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
CC-Resurgam (OP)

Activity: 406

I Shall Rise Again From The Ashes Of My Failures.

View Profile WWW
March 09, 2017, 06:17:27 PM

Many of you say death is the end and that there is nothing after death. for you i ask what is the meaning of life then? you are born to grow older, your grow older to die. so do we simply exist with no reason? and if so then why do we hold so much value on the here and now. i personally believe in an afterlife, i do not believe that something can live, have memories, feel emotion, and then disappear into nothing. i believe nothing is created or destroyed just transferred from different states.

however i do not think any religion i know of have it correct. how could we it is the ultimate unknown.

a few have mentioned reincarnation. this is one that i have personally favored. i mean think about it, this would easily describe all instincts in the world. how a bird separated at birth still knows where to fly for winter. or how salmon are able to find the exact place they were born despite not being there for many years. how people know basic survival tactics from birth. it just makes sense. how can we be born with knowledge if not from a previous life.

saying death is a portal is redundant. of course it is, the question is whether or not it is a portal to void where we are conscious, the end and we are not conscious, a paradise, a nightmare, or hitting the restart button on the game of life.

anyone who says they know is either lying or crazy, so we might as well think about it

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄                  ▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄            ▄▄
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░▌        ▐░░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░▌░▌     ▐░▐░▌
▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌                    ▐░▌                    ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌                    ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌▐░▌ ▐░▌▐░▌
▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌ ▐░▐░▌  ▐░▌
▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌▐░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌   ▐░▌    ▐░▌
▐░█▀▀▀▀█░█▀▀  ▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀█░█▀▀  ▐░▌  ▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░█▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█░▌▐░▌     ▀      ▐░▌
▐░▌         ▐░▌     ▐░▌                                        ▐░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌         ▐░▌     ▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌             ▐░▌
▐░▌          ▐░▌    ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌          ▐░▌    ▐░█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌             ▐░▌
▐░▌           ▐░▌   ▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌           ▐░▌   ▐░░░░░░░░░░░▌▐░▌              ▐░▌▐░▌             ▐░▌
  ▀               ▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀               ▀       ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀                  ▀    ▀                 ▀
     ▓▒░░ Fast
     ▓▒░░ Affordable
     ▓▒░░ Friendly
anasis

Activity: 189

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 06:58:20 PM

Many of you say death is the end and that there is nothing after death. for you i ask what is the meaning of life then? you are born to grow older, your grow older to die. so do we simply exist with no reason? and if so then why do we hold so much value on the here and now. i personally believe in an afterlife, i do not believe that something can live, have memories, feel emotion, and then disappear into nothing. i believe nothing is created or destroyed just transferred from different states.

however i do not think any religion i know of have it correct. how could we it is the ultimate unknown.

a few have mentioned reincarnation. this is one that i have personally favored. i mean think about it, this would easily describe all instincts in the world. how a bird separated at birth still knows where to fly for winter. or how salmon are able to find the exact place they were born despite not being there for many years. how people know basic survival tactics from birth. it just makes sense. how can we be born with knowledge if not from a previous life.

saying death is a portal is redundant. of course it is, the question is whether or not it is a portal to void where we are conscious, the end and we are not conscious, a paradise, a nightmare, or hitting the restart button on the game of life.

anyone who says they know is either lying or crazy, so we might as well think about it

If you believe that life will be eternal after death, then what is the meaning of eternal life, or what is the point then to live after death? If now there is no then and then there will not be. I believe that life exists for life. All that lives on the planet is a large organism, each part of which interacts with each other, including a person.
JoltCola

Activity: 64

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 07:10:33 PM

Death is final and there is nothing afterward. All of this nonsense about people seeing lights and whatever other shit they see is just their brain still alive for 10 minutes after death.

The next phase is decomposition...

Religion is just a human fantasy brought about by people that are afraid of death and its finality.

gentlemand
Legendary

Activity: 2590
Merit: 3013

Welt Am Draht

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 07:16:52 PM

Death is when your life ends and your earthly vehicle slowly turns into a rancid puddle of bubbling black slime. Passing animals and insects feast on your slime and then it emerges from their little arseholes and it's truly over.  

You no longer exist in any way whatsoever for all eternity. I'm fine with that. Never for one second of my life have I believed in any outcome other than that.
no0dlepunk

Activity: 490
Merit: 258

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 07:21:33 PM

In my opinion, death is a sweet escape from an unpleasant society, however, it is an unfortunate event for those who controls the society.

I also thought that this world (Planet Earth) is not a perfect place to dwell for a lifetime, so even if someone discovers the key to becoming immortal, he will definitely seek death soon (especially after the sun cools down and explodes like a supernova, and then the planet freezes up... and then he also freezes up like an iceberg but he is alive, cannot move, immobilized).

Therefore, death is necessary for every earthlings...  Tongue

I hope I am worth reading...  Cheesy
radjie

Activity: 1792
Merit: 264

View Profile
March 09, 2017, 07:28:01 PM

Death where one can no longer alive and can not breathe.
Besides stress had no money at all is a very sad death
kingorbust

Activity: 434

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 02:14:53 AM

the end of existence, physical and any other.

▄████▄
         ▄████████▄
       ▄████████████▄
     ▄████████████████▄
    ████████████████████      ▄█▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄███▄                 ▄████████████████▀   ▄██████████

▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄▄▀█████▀▄▄▄     ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀ ▀██▄             ▄██▀                   ██
▄█████▄▀▀▀▄██████▄▀▀▀▄█████▄     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀     ▀██▄         ▄██▀        ▄█▄          ▀██████████████▄
████████████████████████████       ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀         ▀██▄     ▄██▀          ▀█▀                        ██
 ▀████████████████████████▀          ▀██▄ ▄██▀             ▀██▄ ▄██▀     ▄█▄     ▀██▄ ▄██▀                                       ██
   ▀████████████████████▀              ▀███▀                 ▀███▀       ▀█▀       ▀███▀      ▄███████████████████████████████████▀
     ▀████████████████▀
       ▀████████████▀
         ▀████████▀
           ▀████▀
║║

║║

║║
██
║║

║║
██
║║
║║

║║
richar_el23

Activity: 18
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 09:27:03 AM

Death is a transition to another world, the completion of a stage. They say that during a clinical death you can see another world. I can not say what life looks like after death, because I was not there yet.
Lieldoryn

Activity: 630
Merit: 272

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 10:48:21 AM

Death is a transition to another world, the completion of a stage. They say that during a clinical death you can see another world. I can not say what life looks like after death, because I was not there yet.
Don't believe it. During clinical death the human brain is still alive and you can see the picture you are drawing of the brain. When the brain dies the vision too disappear. There is nothing after death. Death is the end.
tikboyhere

Activity: 108

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
March 10, 2017, 11:21:12 AM

Death to me is living alone without someone you can talk to. If you're feeling alone, the feeling of death will already come to you. Death is something which you cannot choose to happen or escape from your life. Its somewhat gives a person eternal peacefulness and on the other way gives a person eternal suffering afterlife. I just really want to say that you must enjoy life as it is because death will really come to you whenever you'll know. Death is like not being you anymore and no longer breathing.

PLINKO    |7| SLOTS     (+) ROULETTE    ▼ BIT SPINBITVESTPLAY or INVEST ║ ✔ Rainbot  ✔ Happy Hours  ✔ Faucet
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: