Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 06:05:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Butterfly Labs Jalapeno Unboxing  (Read 13572 times)
jerye (OP)

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 20, 2013, 11:54:43 PM
Last edit: April 21, 2013, 05:02:17 AM by jerye

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6mmTRheUzg

Credits: http://codinginmysleep.com/bfl-jalapeno-unboxing-and-demo
Zooey

Activity: 241
Merit: 250

Time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:06:08 AM

WTF   Shocked

✘ www.NOTFORSALECAMPAIGN.org ✘
Human trafficking enslaves 30 million people: Join the movement to re-abolish slavery. | A 05:49s Vimeo |
Minor Miner
Legendary

Activity: 2296
Merit: 1012

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:07:24 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_6mmTRheUzg

Credits:http://codinginmysleep.com/bfl-jalapeno-unboxing-and-demo
wow is this real or is there some bet that coinjedi needs to make a decision.    this is the guy that wrote the nice article on sonny being a crook and sonny's dad being a crook but that it did not matter that much....
http://codinginmysleep.com/interview-with-sonny-vleisides/

So, Kano, is this why you did not get one of the first ones?   You do not give them good enough PR?

grue
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1431

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:23:21 AM

Does anyone find this suspicious that the video is uploaded on saturday? If I were to do a "unboxing", I would be doing it on the day I got it. Also, I find it very strange that BFL is sending this without an announcement. It leads me to believe that BFL specifically selected him to the "unboxing".

edit: fedex does indeed ship on Saturday.

It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Adblock for annoying signature ads | Enhanced Merit UI
erk

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:48:00 AM

5.5GHs for 30watts is not to shabby.

jspielberg

Activity: 490
Merit: 255

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:48:31 AM

Looks like the Day of ASIC BFL has finally dawned.

I guess the next question is... will they be able to get their higher density models working... or will it all be denominated in units of these 5GH jala-singles ( which frankly I think people would be fine with... but are they able to produce sufficient number to meet their obligations with only that model).  I imagine in a way it would be easier if they wanted to go this route.  They only need 1 assembly line rather than 3...
rograz

Activity: 575

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:51:02 AM

but it's impossible, BFL was supposed to be a scam!
Signus

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:54:11 AM

but it's impossible, BFL was supposed to be a scam!

They weren't supposed to be a scam. Everybody assumed they were a scam.
kano
Legendary

Activity: 4508
Merit: 1819

Linux since 1997 RedHat 4

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:55:42 AM

Well I'll certainly say that looks real even to me.
Two Jalapeno's were sent out according to Jody, and I'm likely the other target according to Dave.
Being in Aus means it may be a while to get here ...

Pool: https://kano.is - low 0.5% fee PPLNS 3 Days - Most reliable Solo with ONLY 0.5% fee   Bitcointalk thread: Forum
Discord support invite at https://kano.is/ Majority developer of the ckpool code - k for kano
The ONLY active original developer of cgminer. Original master git: https://github.com/kanoi/cgminer
erk

Activity: 826

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 12:56:47 AM

Looks like the Day of ASIC BFL has finally dawned.

I guess the next question is... will they be able to get their higher density models working... or will it all be denominated in units of these 5GH jala-singles ( which frankly I think people would be fine with... but are they able to produce sufficient number to meet their obligations with only that model).  I imagine in a way it would be easier if they wanted to go this route.  They only need 1 assembly line rather than 3...

The reviewer said there is a case redesign in progress for the other models. The small cube probably would have issues getting rid of more than 50watts of heat.
rograz

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 01:03:06 AM

nah it's CGI, I bet they hired James Cameron to direct the demo
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 01:03:54 AM

Well for the people that ordered singles and minirigs it is a bit of a shit sandwich to eat today.
but since josh is an honest guy and he says he can make 400 a day, I will expect to see around 2000 of these videos in the next two weeks.   Does anyone expect to see the HR of the network go up 10TH per week starting next week?  

creativex

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 01:09:00 AM

Well for the people that ordered singles and minirigs it is a bit of a shit sandwich to eat today.
but since josh is an honest guy and he says he can make 400 a day, I will expect to see around 2000 of these videos in the next two weeks. Does anyone expect to see the HR of the network go up 10TH per week starting next week?

If it does it will be due to ASICMiner deploying real mining power, not BFL and their latest publicity stunt with their beta toys.

PuertoLibre
Legendary

Activity: 1848
Merit: 1003

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 01:10:30 AM

Well, at least it didn't explode!

---------------------

Off-topic,
There is word that BFL is probably abusing Paypal refund policy. It seems to keep their account active they are "sending" people money rather than clicking on the refund button.

I do not know how extensively this is used, but it sounds like a call to Paypal may clear up whether this "workaround" is acceptable by their policies.

It is pretty sneaky. Though they would probably not want anyone to know that their customers might be able to "double tap" them for a refund.

Consider that a customer using Paypal would want an actual refund of a transaction. So they (BFL) uses that workaround to "send" the customer money as a ?"gift"? rather than a refund for what they are owed. The original transaction still remains with that valid refund button. So if that customer still demands the transaction be refunded and opens a dispute....they may very well get to "double tap" the refund.

I wonder how many other customers got their refund back as "a gift" rather than a standard (and proper) Paypal refund?

This came to my knowledge after reading this guys account:

https://forums.butterflylabs.com/pre-sales-questions/1606-bfl-fraud-i-can-not-get-refund-5.html
rograz

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 01:11:29 AM

but since josh is an honest guy and he says he can make 400 a day  

That is probably best case scenario if they have everything at hand and working at full speed. If they are redesigning the singles/little singles there will be more hiccups and supply constraints on the way.

They might get to 400 units a day eventually but you never get up to full speed on day 1 assembling shit unless your operation is already well oiled and you spent time streamlining.
Take anything Josh say and double/halve it and reduce/add 25% for good measure and you won't be so surprised at the end result anymore.
repentance

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 01:13:08 AM

Well I'll certainly say that looks real even to me.
Two Jalapeno's were sent out according to Jody, and I'm likely the other target according to Dave.
Being in Aus means it may be a while to get here ...

Not really.  I've ordered stuff from the US on a Saturday and had it delivered in Sydney by Thursday and that was just normal express, not priority - and that was on a public holiday weekend (mind you, the tracking info was telling me it was still in customs even after it had been delivered).

All I can say is that this is Bitcoin. I don't believe it until I see six confirmations.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 01:14:30 AM

but since josh is an honest guy and he says he can make 400 a day  

That is probably best case scenario if they have everything at hand and working at full speed. If they are redesigning the singles/little singles there will be more hiccups and supply constraints on the way.

They might get to 400 units a day eventually but you never get up to full speed on day 1 assembling shit unless your operation is already well oiled and you spent time streamlining.
Take anything Josh say and double/halve it and reduce/add 25% for good measure and you won't be so surprised at the end result anymore.
I was being sarcastic.   I only thing an completely disorganized group of guys like josh can make 400 of in a day are posts to forums.    And he could not even do that correctly since he was busted here on this forum when he was logging in and out of two different accounts.

rograz

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 01:17:18 AM

It is pretty sneaky. Though they would probably not want anyone to know that their customers might be able to "double tap" them for a refund.

Consider that a customer using Paypal would want an actual refund of a transaction. So they use that workaround to "send" the customer money as a ?"gift"? for what they are owed. The original transaction still remains with that valid refund button. So if that customer still demands the transaction be refunded and open a dispute....they may very well get to "double tap" the refund.

So you you have spent months calling BFL a scam and now you are encouraging people to commit fraud? Really taking the moral high ground here I see!

A small tip, when you are trying throw shit at others make sure to not stand in your own shit pile, your shoes tend to get messy that way.
Inaba
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1000

View Profile WWW
April 21, 2013, 01:18:54 AM

Consider that a customer using Paypal would want an actual refund of a transaction. So they use that workaround to "send" the customer money as a ?"gift"? for what they are owed. The original transaction still remains with that valid refund button. So if that customer still demands the transaction be refunded and open a dispute....they may very well get to "double tap" the refund.

So you you have spent months calling BFL a scam and now you are encouraging people to commit fraud? Really taking the moral high ground here I see!

A small tip, when you are trying throw shit at others make sure to not stand in your own shit pile, your shoes tend to get messy that way.

Haha, do you expect anything less from Puerto Libre?  He's lied repeatedly for months, why not throw some fraud into the mix?  He's right up his alley, given his lifestyle.

Can you feel the epic wave of back peddling by the likes of Yajaira D Guevara and the rest of the clown crew as they try to claim they never said BFL was a scam or that BFL would never ship or that BFL never had ASICs etc... but they ACTUALLY meant something entirely different.

If you're searching these lines for a point, you've probably missed it.  There was never anything there in the first place.
Minor Miner
Legendary

Be A Digital Miner

View Profile
April 21, 2013, 01:22:23 AM

Haha, do you expect anything less from Puerto Libre?  He's lied repeatedly for months, why not throw some fraud into the mix?  He's right up his alley, given his lifestyle.

Josh Zerlan of BFL Labs is Inaba.   Not sure why he does not point that out but for the people who do not know, this is a senior executive of BFL that is using all the profanity on these boards.
Josh;
Why don't you tone it down a bit.   Do your victory lap (although it is early for that) but a guy in your position probably should not piss people off to the point it becomes their mission to drop the dime on you.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: