Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 09:24:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 119 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Dogecoin have a future?  (Read 54514 times)
kdn

Activity: 57
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 12:56:59 AM

dogecoin the pump n dump trading pair. so it does have a purpose at least
samuelpm

Activity: 38

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:10:25 AM

Dogecoin has been my favorite alt coin for quite a long time. It serves as a good cryptocurrency for tipping others, as well as being a fun and inexpensive medium of exchange.

However, I'm worried what might happen to Dogecoin in the future, since it has been quite some time that no new version of the QT wallet has been mentioned, neither some innovation to keep it going for the long term.

It would become ideal for Dogecoin to add SegWit to its code, and gain traction if it gains acceptance from the miners. Then, if it manages to become the first cryptocurrency to accept the scalable solution, it could rise in popularity once more (not to mention that transaction will be near instantaneous).

Nevertheless, Dogecoin is a great cryptocurrency being inexpensive and relatively stable, making it a great way to tip others or send micropayments faster than BTC at a fraction of the cost.

Looking forward to your opinion. Wink

Don't invest your money in this coin, its not a good project. Invest in others projects like Verify (CRED), FLIXXO and ELIXIR (ELIX)
sinduarianto

Activity: 350
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:35:40 AM

doge may have a future because we do not know the future will be like what we learn from Ethereum which is still cheap yesterday is now rising rapidly.
Futurm

Activity: 179
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:51:57 AM

Most of the time, Dogecoin looks more like a game of speculative, because the code has stopped developing, leaving only a large community.

shouter

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 01:57:54 AM

Dogecoin is also one of the my favorite altcoin. I think that in the long term, we will can have some good news about Doge. Your valorisation  in these last months  has attracted attention and conquered new users, so I believe that Doge still has much to offer to the community and I'm sure it will make many people happy.
Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:00:13 AM

Dogecoin has been my favorite alt coin for quite a long time. It serves as a good cryptocurrency for tipping others, as well as being a fun and inexpensive medium of exchange.

However, I'm worried what might happen to Dogecoin in the future, since it has been quite some time that no new version of the QT wallet has been mentioned, neither some innovation to keep it going for the long term.

It would become ideal for Dogecoin to add SegWit to its code, and gain traction if it gains acceptance from the miners. Then, if it manages to become the first cryptocurrency to accept the scalable solution, it could rise in popularity once more (not to mention that transaction will be near instantaneous).

Nevertheless, Dogecoin is a great cryptocurrency being inexpensive and relatively stable, making it a great way to tip others or send micropayments faster than BTC at a fraction of the cost.

Looking forward to your opinion. Wink

I think all coin have future.Its depend on the dev or owner of the coin.If they work hard to be listed on a good exchnger or do some activity that can male there coin price rise.. it is depend on them.
cryptomad77

Activity: 308

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:21:02 AM

Dogecoin future is gone as i dont hear much about it any longer, the coin is inflationary coin. Although it may have a stable price and be very useful in some micro-transaction, but unlikely it wont attract speculative investors.

jazz21

Activity: 62

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:22:25 AM

if the community is smart enough then i think it will have the good future.
Rambukwelle

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 03:29:35 AM

Dogecoin needs more updates and more news by the Team.At this moment Team is almost dead and doing nothing.If the team doing great Doge is easily a 0.5$ Coin.It is doing good recently even without news.

✦ ORET ✦
❝ Gold Mining & Blockchain Technology ❞
khonghai

Activity: 4

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 03:44:48 AM

In my opinion, Doge will be 1$ at the end of 2018
misterbigg
Legendary

Activity: 1064
Merit: 1001

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:10:13 PM

Before someone says Dogecoin have a future
i would like to ask, is there any development going on for dogecoin...
cepedacharles

Activity: 210

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:11:17 PM

Dogecoin does't have any good future because it is just a joke coin where the developer created it as a parody or a meme and the price spikes for this coin is just hype and manipulation by the whales who want to make some money from this cheap coins and i think that if you want to make some money out of dogecoin then you need to know when the whales will enter and exit.
niknik1966

Activity: 266
Merit: 251

DIW - Security Decentralized,Life Revolutionized

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:14:43 PM

The developer of this coin has not supported it for two years, does not develop it. He admitted that he did not expect that the coin would gain such popularity and created it as a joke.

▄▄
        ▄█▀▀█▄
      ▄█▀ ▄▄ ▀█▄
      ▀ ▄████▄ ▀
   ▄▀ ▄ ▀████▀ ▄ ▀▄
 ▄▀ ▄███▄ ▀▀ ▄███▄ ▀▄
█  ███████  ███████  █
 ▀▄ ▀███▀ ▄▄ ▀███▀ ▄▀

▀▄ ▀ ▄████▄ ▀ ▄▀
      ▄ ▀████▀ ▄
      ▀█▄ ▀▀ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▄█▀
          ▀▀
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀▀▀████▀▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀▀███████
██████            ▀████████     ████     █████    █████     ███████
██████     ▄▄▄▄▄    ▀██████     █████    ████      ████    ████████
██████     ██████▄    █████     █████    ▀██▀  ▄▄  ▀██▀    ████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████    ██   ██   ██    █████████
██████     ███████    █████     ██████     █   ██   █     █████████
██████     █████▀    ██████     ███████       ████       ██████████
██████     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▄██████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████            ▄████████     ████████     ██████     ███████████
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████▄▄▄▄██████▄▄▄▄████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
.DIWtoken.com.
▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀

SECURITY DECENTRALIZED

NutellaboY

Activity: 120

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 02:14:47 PM

Dogecoin does't have any good future because it is just a joke coin where the developer created it as a parody or a meme and the price spikes for this coin is just hype and manipulation by the whales who want to make some money from this cheap coins and i think that if you want to make some money out of dogecoin then you need to know when the whales will enter and exit.

You said it right but don't forget the most coins are used by people for speculations and they don't care if it's a joke or not. That way any coin can be a successful with no other reason. Dogecoin have a future like a traders coin but it certainly won't be a useful coin in any other business.
anandgeek1

Activity: 190

View Profile WWW
January 15, 2018, 02:16:04 PM

I do not expect this coin to be too expensive. But I'm sure that this coin will not die. Many people use DOGE. Maybe this year the price will reach 200 satoshi.

⚡️⚡️  Bittwatt  ⚡️⚡️   ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀   Energy for the 21st Century   ▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
▄ ▌    WHITEPAPER     |     EXECUTIVE SUMMARY     |     BUSINESS PLAN    ▐ ▄
FACEBOOK    ✓ MEDIUM    ✓ TWITTER    ✓ LINKEDIN    ✓ YOUTUBE
xianbits

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 05:53:50 PM

I do not expect this coin to be too expensive. But I'm sure that this coin will not die. Many people use DOGE. Maybe this year the price will reach 200 satoshi.
I agree it won't be that expensive even 200 sats is too much I think for a coin like this. I know it's not possible because it has reached almost that amount last year. But, if I'm a holder, I won't bother include it in my portfolio unless it is given to me for free. Even reading this thread, you can see how people treat this coin. But I am amazed how this coin got pumped since (maybe) 2 months. Careful.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▌                          ▐
▌      ███████████████     ▐
▌      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▐
▌      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▐
▌      █████████████▄      ▐
▌      ████      ▀███▌     ▐
▌      ████       ▐███     ▐
▌      ████      ▄███▌     ▐
▌      █████████████▀      ▐
▌      ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▌      ████                ▐
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

ERSISTENCE
BUILDING THE BRIDGE ━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Protocol Powering
Next-Gen Financial Products
/            ━━━
Buy XPRT
\               ▄▄▄▄
          ▄██▀▀▀▀██▄
     ▄▄▄▄██▀      ▀██
  ▄██▀▀▀██▀        ▐█▌
 ██▀     █▀  ▄    ▄██
▐█▌        ▄██▄▄▄██▀
 ██▄      ▄██▀▀▀▀
  ▀██▄▄▄▄██▀ 
     ▀▀▀▀   
DeFi

▄██▄  ▀████████▄
 ▄██▀▀██▄        ▀██▄
███    ▀██▄        ███
 ▀██▄    ▀██▄    ▄██▀
   ▀██▄    ▀██▄▄██▀
     ▀██▄    ▀██▀
       ▀██▄▄██▀
         ▀██▀
NFT

▄██▄
                  ▄██▀▀██▄
       ▄██▄     ▄██▀    ▀██▄
     ▄██▀▀██▄ ▄██▀        ▀██▄
   ▄██▀    █████            ▀██▄
 ▄██▀    ▄██▀ ▀██▄            ▀██▄
██▀    ▄███▄▄▄▄▄███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███▄
PoS

ANN | Twitter | Medium | GitHub
Reddit | YouTube | Discord
Telegram ANN | Telegram Community
k-west

Activity: 336

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:08:36 PM

Doge is good coin,I've been using it for couple of years and happy with low fees and speed transactions.Lots of people do the same and will be more and more.Doge has great future.
Gobeller

Activity: 156

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:10:00 PM

I agree it won't be that expensive even 200 sats is too much I think for a coin like this. I know it's not possible because it has reached almost that amount last year. But, if I'm a holder, I won't bother include it in my portfolio unless it is given to me for free. Even reading this thread, you can see how people treat this coin. But I am amazed how this coin got pumped since (maybe) 2 months. Careful.

You can't know what's gonna happen in the future. They're pumping doge on purpose, it's very speculative. Otherwise, it has zero value for me honestly.
vv181
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1273

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:13:00 PM

Dogecoin does't have any good future because it is just a joke coin where the developer created it as a parody or a meme and the price spikes for this coin is just hype and manipulation by the whales who want to make some money from this cheap coins and I think that if you want to make some money out of dogecoin then you need to know when the whales will enter and exit.

it's not the way how it's work. Dogecoin is known to be a memecoin, a "scam" coin that exists through many years. I believe people already have it at a special place in their hearts. We rarely found a joke coin that has much usability and popularity as Dogecoin. I'm sure because of that it will keep Dogecoin alive.
BatuhanU

Activity: 17

View Profile
January 15, 2018, 06:24:16 PM

Dogecoin goes through quick speculative bursts in price followed by a long period of down-trending. I published a tradingview idea on it: https://www.tradingview.com/chart/DOGEBTC/CPnvuOd9-Doge-BTC/

As for development, excluding the small commit made 7 days ago, the last commit was on Oct 20, 2015. https://github.com/dogecoin/dogecoin/commits/master

The creator has said:
"New features aren't being implemented into dogecoin because there's no active development anymore. Eventually, it will become outdated. And with that, the network will organically wind down."
https://www.coindesk.com/dogecoin-is-the-joke-that-wouldnt-die-finally-dying/
So for the long term, I wouldn't buy it but it can be a good coin to trade for short-term profits.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 119 »
  Print  

Jump to: