Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 09:03:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: BAIKAL - WHAT IS GOING ON?  (Read 27819 times)
Quakenet

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 08:01:18 PM

But now the price is $799. I got one 6 weeks ago for $300

not really worth it IMHO

You got the new miner 6 weeks ago? how?  Grin
Baikal mini miner was 150Mhs
This new miner is 300Mhs
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 08:05:26 PM

But now the price is $799. I got one 6 weeks ago for $300

not really worth it IMHO

you buyed the old one...
before, baikalminer mini was a 150Mhs...
this one is new, and is 300MHs...
andalso afted DASH bubble all wants this miner..
so they rise the price

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
Longsnowsm

Activity: 868
Merit: 517

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 10:20:06 PM

New-Baikal miner Cube.

Next week open for sale.

more inform please check with www.baikalminer.com

Congrats Baikal!  Exciting news!  I can hardly wait to see how you updated the Giant. :-)  Please keep us posted.  Hoping there will be another group buy here! 
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 10:34:25 PM

For anyone with one of the previous miners, do you mine the multi algo or is it generally more profitable to just mine dash?
Xardas2014

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 11:27:38 PM

For anyone with one of the previous miners, do you mine the multi algo or is it generally more profitable to just mine dash?
Dash is rarely the best coin to mine. Right now mine is on MUE. Lately MUE or nicehash have been the best. On a multi-algo pool it does ADZ a lot, but my multi-algo doesn't mine MUE.
not.you
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:09:24 AM

Dash is rarely the best coin to mine. Right now mine is on MUE. Lately MUE or nicehash have been the best. On a multi-algo pool it does ADZ a lot, but my multi-algo doesn't mine MUE.

Thanks for the response.  I see MUE at the top of WhatToMine right now for the algos they include.  I have some PinIdea X11 miners but they only do X11.  I have in the past done some adz as well as goldblocks mining off and on but with those you have to accumulate a decent amount on the pool side, transfer it to the exchange, and then still get a good price.  WhatToMine might show adz as the most profitable at a given moment but considering the time it takes to turn it into BTC it isn't a sure thing that mining it now will mean more BTC later than mining something else now.  If I had to bet as to whether DASH was going to go up or adz was going to go up I would feel more comfortable betting on DASH, and that's without any comment as to the relative worth or utility of either of them.  Just that mining DASH seems like a safer bet in terms of getting a decent BTC payout than mining adz.  Especially more recently.

But I plan to get a couple of these Baikal units so the other algos are not something I have had to pay attention to before and I am just wondering if X11 is really the biggest factor or not when the other algos are also available.  Given the spread I see right now on WhatToMine I would probably do MUE with it but I am just curious as to how often it is that other coins are a better option than DASH for these Baikal miners.  Are you talking about MPH when you say "my multi-algo doesn't mine MUE"?  I see they don't have a coin using quark at all which is weird since they mention it in the post about the Baikal miner. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=472510.msg16019833#msg16019833

Quakenet

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:18:14 AM

Thanks for the response.  I see MUE at the top of WhatToMine right now for the algos they include.  I have some PinIdea X11 miners but they only do X11.  I have in the past done some adz as well as goldblocks mining off and on but with those you have to accumulate a decent amount on the pool side, transfer it to the exchange, and then still get a good price.  WhatToMine might show adz as the most profitable at a given moment but considering the time it takes to turn it into BTC it isn't a sure thing that mining it now will mean more BTC later than mining something else now.  If I had to bet as to whether DASH was going to go up or adz was going to go up I would feel more comfortable betting on DASH, and that's without any comment as to the relative worth or utility of either of them.  Just that mining DASH seems like a safer bet in terms of getting a decent BTC payout than mining adz.  Especially more recently.

But I plan to get a couple of these Baikal units so the other algos are not something I have had to pay attention to before and I am just wondering if X11 is really the biggest factor or not when the other algos are also available.  Given the spread I see right now on WhatToMine I would probably do MUE with it but I am just curious as to how often it is that other coins are a better option than DASH for these Baikal miners.  Are you talking about MPH when you say "my multi-algo doesn't mine MUE"?  I see they don't have a coin using quark at all which is weird since they mention it in the post about the Baikal miner. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=472510.msg16019833#msg16019833

MUE has gone up and down like a jojo for the past few weeks. Best stable is NH by a long shot for x11....
Xardas2014

Activity: 635
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:35:37 AM

As I said before, Dash is rarely the best X11 coin. When my miner is on MPH it doesn't mine very much Dash, mostly ADZ and DGB qubit. That doesn't mean Dash isn't a better long term coin. That is up to you to decide. I'm only saying that at the time of mining, Dash rarely is the most profitable. If I was bag holding, between ADZ and Dash I'd definitely chose Dash.

MPH has been having too many problems lately, so I pulled my miners until he gets it worked out. Many people have reported getting like half their expected earnings. Me nor anyone else is saying the owner is scamming, in fact he seems to be a nice guy, but there are several problems happening. I measured mining performance there over a 3 month period and my miners got about 25% less than expected. 3 months of testing eliminates the pool luck factor. I would look on WTM and it would be saying one coin, while MPH was mining something much worse. It also has some quirks on highly volatile coins, which can leave your miner stuck on a high diff coin for hours. A coins diff will drop dramatically and all the pools hop on it, diff rises and they leave while MPH stays stuck trying to find a high diff block. Hopefully he will get things sorted out and add the right coins. He has been VERY slow to add any coins, which a pool simply has to do quickly.
usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 10:19:13 AM

The new miner looks a bit larger than the old miner.
Im assuming they are using a much larger fan also.
Any news on the noise-level of the new fan?
Oleg326756

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 12:03:04 PM

No PSU or cables are provided.
Just use a ATX PSU with a 100W minimum rating.
Looks like they are using the 6-pin PCIe connectors which mate to the cords on the ATX supply.

Could you please name a few PSU models that would work with this miner? I'm trying to google for one, but I'm drowning in the sea of tech specs and different interfaces (a noob here!).
HagssFIN
Legendary

Activity: 2436
Merit: 1706

Electrical engineer. Mining since 2014.

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2017, 12:37:31 PM

You have wrong link for the CUBE on your web site.

Product id in the link (Buy now) is 10, but it should be 11 for the CUBE.

Baikal miner CUBE: http://www.baikalminer.com/mobile/product_view.php?ID=11

You have good thing going on and I'm happy with my four mini miners but please reduce the pace and take your time, you are having lots of typos in text and links.

The new miner looks a bit larger than the old miner.
Im assuming they are using a much larger fan also.
Any news on the noise-level of the new fan?
It seems that they are using 120mm PWM controlled fan for the CUBE miner now.
Other specs remain yet unknown.

usao
Legendary

Activity: 1109
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:49:34 PM

No PSU or cables are provided.
Just use a ATX PSU with a 100W minimum rating.
Looks like they are using the 6-pin PCIe connectors which mate to the cords on the ATX supply.

Could you please name a few PSU models that would work with this miner? I'm trying to google for one, but I'm drowning in the sea of tech specs and different interfaces (a noob here!).
Tonnes of them on ebay. Personally, I have a bunch of Seasonic Gold 1KW range, given the consumption is only 80W, I could (in theory) power 10 of these "new" cubes from a single source.
Too bad I can only order 2 cubes...
So, on the cheap end, you could buy (or re-use) a 250W ATX or higher without difficulty to power 2 cubes, as long as they have the 6-pin PCIe power cords on the PSU.
I think I have some of the 12V @ 10A bricks also, could use those and use a barrel-to-PCIe adaptor...
unsoindovo
Legendary

Activity: 1932
Merit: 1042

https://locktrip.com/?refId=40964

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 01:57:37 PM

i think here we have just one problem: the price..
before DASH bubble, the mini was at 300$ with 150MHs...
now, with the new hardware, whe are at 799$ buwith just MHs doubled...
199$ more!!!
I hope they can dump price...

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
not.you
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 02:00:40 PM

If things go the path of bitcoin then high priced miners actually helps maintain higher price on the coin (speaking mostly of DASH in this case).  If people invest millions in mining gear they aren't likely to sell the mined coins for a loss so the price is held up.  Bitmain has had a lot to do with the price of BTC, more than I think most people realize.
TracerX

Activity: 918
Merit: 1002

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 03:38:44 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2017, 08:54:45 PM by TracerX

199$ more!!!

I paid for my original 150s at $500 USD, so this is a discount from those prices!  That said, even at a higher price point I've paid these suckers off.  I'm ordering.
igotek

Activity: 2072
Merit: 608

Online Security & Investment Corporation

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2017, 08:03:07 PM

199$ more!!!

I paid for my original 150s at $500 USD, so this is a discount from those prices!  That said, even at a higher price point I've paid these suckers off.  I'm ordering.

lcf.

I paid 500 USD for the mini one. I think the price is not high for the cube one. I will give order.

I cannot live, I cannot die, trapped in myself.
Hold my breath as I wish for death. Oh please god, help me !
elokk

Activity: 723
Merit: 519

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 08:54:31 PM

Are both Baikalminer.com and Baikalminers.com legit sites?

t.me/bitcoinasic
TracerX

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 08:56:59 PM

NO, only baikalminer.com.  The second site is a scam.
omshree

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 08:58:00 PM

Yes, the latter is legit if you liked to be fucked badly and ripped of your hard earned crypto by some russian lowlifes.

Donate if you like 1ANALSEXXGMd6HaN6CzQXtURLC5H9TjKoo
TracerX

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 09:01:26 PM

Yes, the latter is legit if you liked to be fucked badly and ripped of your hard earned crypto by some russian lowlifes.
Hopefully everyone reads this completely and doesn't stop at "Yes, the latter is legit..."  To recap, baikalminers.com, with the S, is a scam site.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: