Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 02:10:22 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Particl•PART|Confidential Transactions|Atomic Swaps|Cold Staking|P2P Marketplace  (Read 85693 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 12:31:16 AM

help DEV : I was lost (recovery phrase)

Where do I put (PUBLIC KEY)
Is there any conversion PUBLIC KEY to recovery phrase
I need 24 words to enter the my wallet
please help my

Only you are in control of your 24 words. Nobody else in the world has them but you.

It's funny how in your OP you don't list BitBay or BlackHalo/BitHalo which was the world's first decentralized markets and it doesn't bloat the chain and scales well.

Considering you guys of course know about us considering you got the idea of double deposit escrow from BlackHalo years ago when Shadowcash started (considering they even asked me to work on it which I declined)

It's all fun and games but if you are gonna list Open Bazaar and other random markets isn't a bit funny that you don't list the most obvious project that predates you?

Heck if you add BitHalo to the mix, we are also coin agnostic.

Bump

OP is being redesigned with the latest news, wallets, explorers, exchanges, etc. We can add those decentralized markets on there too  Smiley It wasn't meant to be all inclusive at the time. Until Particl has a working market it's not really proper to compare it anyways. Words are just words without a product. Grin

Hey, thanks... now I can enjoy this project because I think it has a big future  Smiley

Glad you're here!

Thanks for saying you wouldn't exclude it. Of course you don't have to mention other projects in your thread at all. But I'm happy you responded this way.

Good luck guys! Hope you release a great product
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ctor

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 31, 2017, 09:59:56 AM

Are votes weighted by user count or by their PART holdings? How PARTs are involved in voting? Can user vote with zero PART?

In order to vote you'd need PART. It's a utility/protocol token with many value propositions:
  • listing privilege (being a vendor)
  • passive income (staking coins on a node)
  • voting privilege (governance)
What resource and of what amount is required to take down an item? For example, is it like "200 votes from different IPs" or "200 votes from different addresses" or "500,000 staked PART voted against this item"? What is the exact mechanism?
flowjob

Activity: 130
Merit: 11

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 01:01:16 AM

I get an error when i want to send some PART with the wallet from github:

particl-cli sendtoaddress "PuZiSt6d74g9YU6Nh7EC7Y6FDt4RZpDeUn" 0.52
error code: -4
error message:
GetChangeAddress failed.

◈▣ KOMODO ● Set Your Ideas Free ▣◈
.......AN ECOSYSTEM FOR NATIVE BLOCKCHAINS.......
Blockchain Generator | Decentralized Crowdfunding | Decentralized Exchange | Bitcoin Security | Zero-Knowledge Proofs | Blockchain Interoperability | Scalable Infrastructure
LiteBit (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1133
Merit: 1050

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:22:09 PM

Are votes weighted by user count or by their PART holdings? How PARTs are involved in voting? Can user vote with zero PART?

In order to vote you'd need PART. It's a utility/protocol token with many value propositions:
  • listing privilege (being a vendor)
  • passive income (staking coins on a node)
  • voting privilege (governance)
What resource and of what amount is required to take down an item? For example, is it like "200 votes from different IPs" or "200 votes from different addresses" or "500,000 staked PART voted against this item"? What is the exact mechanism?

The exact mechanism isn't drafted right now as we're researching and vetting means and methods at this point. I could see guidelines being 100% community proposed and voted on using Particl's decentralized voting already built in to ultimately determine mechanisms like this. First we need to nail down the right one that balances security, privacy and usability.
LiteBit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 01, 2017, 08:23:40 PM

I get an error when i want to send some PART with the wallet from github:

particl-cli sendtoaddress "PuZiSt6d74g9YU6Nh7EC7Y6FDt4RZpDeUn" 0.52
error code: -4
error message:
GetChangeAddress failed.

The best help available is on our slack #help channel. Community developers and team members are all there to help with whatever problem you're having. Here's the invite link: http://slack.particl.io
dzimbeck
Legendary

Activity: 2412
Merit: 1044

View Profile
August 04, 2017, 11:47:38 PM

Someone just told me for your "MAD" or DDE you guys give exploded funds to stakers?! That is a bad idea if true. Because a person who gets lets say 20% + of the blocks or not enough nodes are online they may calculate the advantage of extortion and hope to stake their own destroyed funds. Not to mention they can collude with other stakers. I've been asked to do this before in Halo and had to decline as there is no charitable cause where the incentive could not end up working against us.

Thats why lost funds are burned. You guys should consider the risk there. If you are burning then don't mind this comment. Otherwise, have a nice day fellas.
timotron

Activity: 924
Merit: 281

Trooper Founder & CEO

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2017, 12:38:06 PM

Where to get a desktop wallet ? please

Trooper is a suite of tools for the gaming ecosystem, our first tool is a dedicated job portal for gamers to get engaged, all wrapped around the Trooper token MEDAL - $MDL
https://linktr.ee/trooperjobs
shawn2025

Activity: 47
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 10, 2017, 01:07:17 AM

Staking?  Seemed like it was working and then not.  Feels like something is wrong.  Nothing since 7/31.  According to math, I should be staking .97 chance a day.  Might wanna check into it.  Feels very off.  Not complaining, just giving feedback. 

Thanks for your time! 
/s/
HasherMe

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 04:20:45 AM
Last edit: August 11, 2017, 04:46:22 AM by HasherMe

FYI... this is the team that swapped ShadowCash in 4 weeks and those that found out too late found were SOL.  I was a big fan of the ShadowCash project but don't trust this team and their decision making skills anymore after that disingenuous move.  Why alienate investors and users with a rushed swap?  Also, no market after the swap and working on ShadowCash for years.  So what was the rush to swap the old ShadowCash besides greed or immaturity?
AztecGoldHero

Activity: 1260
Merit: 644

View Profile WWW
August 11, 2017, 08:19:11 PM

ı got my fırst stake rewards after 20 days Smiley 1.48 part. thats good prıze ıs goıng well also. btc prıze ıs ıncreaseıng lots of coın decreaseıng but part ıs doıng good job.
J.Jones

Activity: 5

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 08:39:50 PM

FYI... this is the team that swapped ShadowCash in 4 weeks and those that found out too late found were SOL.  I was a big fan of the ShadowCash project but don't trust this team and their decision making skills anymore after that disingenuous move.  Why alienate investors and users with a rushed swap?  Also, no market after the swap and working on ShadowCash for years.  So what was the rush to swap the old ShadowCash besides greed or immaturity?

This is pathetic attempt to discredit a hard working team, if you would have been active tracking your investment, you would have noticed something was going on with SDC from the price fluctuation alone.
Even if you would have missed the swap, there is still time to claim your tokens thanks to a COMMUNITY initiative who felt bad for s#ckers like yourself to reimburse them in some way! But your motives are clearly to discredit a project without doing proper research!

Not sure if you are in the right place boy, this is crypto. One day you are a millionair, the day after you could be a salty s#cker like yourself.
My advice get your crypto bags and leave the space lol

J.J
HasherMe

Activity: 58

View Profile
August 11, 2017, 10:54:22 PM

FYI... this is the team that swapped ShadowCash in 4 weeks and those that found out too late found were SOL.  I was a big fan of the ShadowCash project but don't trust this team and their decision making skills anymore after that disingenuous move.  Why alienate investors and users with a rushed swap?  Also, no market after the swap and working on ShadowCash for years.  So what was the rush to swap the old ShadowCash besides greed or immaturity?

This is pathetic attempt to discredit a hard working team, if you would have been active tracking your investment, you would have noticed something was going on with SDC from the price fluctuation alone.
Even if you would have missed the swap, there is still time to claim your tokens thanks to a COMMUNITY initiative who felt bad for s#ckers like yourself to reimburse them in some way! But your motives are clearly to discredit a project without doing proper research!

Not sure if you are in the right place boy, this is crypto. One day you are a millionair, the day after you could be a salty s#cker like yourself.
My advice get your crypto bags and leave the space lol

J.J

J.J, I got sick for a week, had jury duty and then came back to my CTO job during the 4 week swap period so I missed it. I also have a wife and children so I am a busy person.  ShadowCash was a long term investment and the swap blinded me.  My point is 4 weeks isn't much time and the price crashed because of the 4 week swap time.  After the swap, who would want ShadowCash when all the talented developers are working on Particl.  I've been in crypto for a long time and have contributed to the Bitcoin and many other cryptocurrency code base.  I don't need or want any handouts.  I should have been able to swap my coins for at least 3 months.  

Does the Particl team plan to do another swap with 4 week notice or did you learn from your mistakes?
dasource

Activity: 821
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 10:36:50 AM

Someone just told me for your "MAD" or DDE you guys give exploded funds to stakers?! That is a bad idea if true. Because a person who gets lets say 20% + of the blocks or not enough nodes are online they may calculate the advantage of extortion and hope to stake their own destroyed funds. Not to mention they can collude with other stakers. I've been asked to do this before in Halo and had to decline as there is no charitable cause where the incentive could not end up working against us.

Thats why lost funds are burned. You guys should consider the risk there. If you are burning then don't mind this comment. Otherwise, have a nice day fellas.

Your insight is valid and something we have considered internally - as things stands no decision has been made on distributing fees back to the stakers or how and if it would happen - there are numerous challenges aside from the attack vector you described.

^ I am with STUPID!
TheStrudeler

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2017, 08:53:39 PM

same question, can't find it on their website
smbbm

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 13, 2017, 05:33:11 PM

same question, can't find it on their website

It is the fist green link on the particl.io site, man.

https://github.com/particl/particl-core/releases/tag/v0.14.2.1
jordan coins

Activity: 208
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 08:15:26 PM

For those who help me
I will give him a $1000 gift
I need help
I did not save the words recovery phrase  Cry
any help

xdookiex

Activity: 106
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 14, 2017, 10:18:25 PM

For those who help me
I will give him a $1000 gift
I need help
I did not save the words recovery phrase  Cry
any help

no.
At least you know they went to a charitable cause Cheesy
nimelo

Activity: 222
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2017, 01:54:44 PM

Blockchain information powerhouse BTC Media and Particl join forces  Grin

https://particl.news/blockchain-information-powerhouse-btc-media-and-particl-join-forces-3d5b86ca20b

In other news Conditional Staking is on the test-net

https://particl.news/weve-reset-the-testbed-today-testnet6-is-now-live-69e1c45b4f42?source=collection_home---4------0--------------

ctor

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 05:19:40 PM

Good reminder that ShadowCash fiasco will never be forgotten. I've watched the collapse. I recovered my losses since then, but I will never forget. This was the most careless coin swap I have seen. Saddest part is that the team has been warned in advance about possible consequences of such a short window.

The most common argument in defense of the swap is

if you would have been active tracking your investment

While generally a valid point, other coin swaps I know of (NXT->ARDR, JBS->UBIQ, BTCD->KMD and maybe SJCX->STORJ) did not require such paranoid tracking. ShadowCash was first to create such precedent.

Does the Particl team plan to do another swap with 4 week notice or did you learn from your mistakes?

and after it happened once, it is reasonable to expect another surprise.

HasherMe, perhaps you can still claim your PART and dump it, that would be a fair compensation, but to get it you will need to go through the trouble of proving you held SDC at some point in time.
LiteBit (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
August 15, 2017, 07:59:50 PM

HasherMe, perhaps you can still claim your PART and dump it, that would be a fair compensation, but to get it you will need to go through the trouble of proving you held SDC at some point in time.

Definitely do that! We're doing disbursements for claimants every Wednesday, for example:

I'll be posting an update on the claim process but for your benefit here are the current stats from the Community Initiative #1.
Thanks for all who donated PART for SDC holders who missed the exchange!

STATUSSDCPART
IN-REVIEW5,463.900.00
IN-PROGRESS18,150.660.00
DENIED1,469.140.00
APPROVED212,835.30106,417.65
TOTAL237,919.00106,417.65

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 »
  Print  

Jump to: