Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 01:34:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: What's the next "BIG THING" in the altcoin world  (Voting closed: March 18, 2018, 04:16:00 PM)
https://byteball.org/ - 48 (37.2%)
https://ico.ethbits.com/ - 10 (7.8%)
http://www.sphre.co/ - 1 (0.8%)
https://mybit.io/ - 2 (1.6%)
http://matchpool.co/ - 16 (12.4%)
http://www.aeternity.com/ - 4 (3.1%)
https://www.wetrust.io/ - 8 (6.2%)
https://www.boscoin.io/ - 4 (3.1%)
https://mobilego.io/ - 12 (9.3%)
http://www.iotatoken.com/ - 24 (18.6%)
Total Voters: 129

Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the next "BIG THING" in the altcoin world  (Read 14148 times)
mike77777

Activity: 464
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 12:30:40 PM

WeTrust for sure  Grin
Even in the event that an attacker gains more than 50% of the network's computational power, only transactions sent by the attacker could be reversed or double-spent. The network would not be destroyed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Odrak

Activity: 109
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 12:34:58 PM

People like byteball very much, but the free distribution may prevent it being the top coins, because people who got free coins need to dump it for free money.

That was my original claim several months ago in the official thread. But I thought it will be open to all BTC holders until the supply was fulfilled. I didn't realize they were going to do this more unfavorable later rounds. I should have realized that would be the gimick the insiders would use to get 10X more supply than everyone thought they would get.

But because the issuance is to exclusive to those who participated in the very favorable first round, I think maybe they think they should hold on. So far they only have a 10% gain on their BTC. They probably feel Byteball is going to be the next great THING in crypto.

But they better do the pump soon. Because other coins are coming, and Byteball's features won't seem so unique later in the year.

The distribution was created as such with Metcalfe's Law in mind. There have been several distributions price has been fairly stable.

Kola-schaar posted some interesting insight into this: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1608859.msg17967162#msg17967162

There are only 12% of the Bytes in circulation and people keep them tight because of the compound interest.
If the growth (linked to BTC + interest rate) remains constant (every round +50k linked BTC), we still need 19 rounds.
If you invest 10 GBytes (~0.45 BTC) you have after 19 rounds 10GB*(1+10/100)^19 = 61.15 GBytes.
Maybe we need 10 rounds more: 10*(1+10/100)^29 = 159 GBytes.
The compound interest works very strong - very strong argument to hold.

If you invest 0.45 BTC for the next (maybe 19) rounds, and the price remains constant (at 0.045 BTC/GB total capitalization ~54 Mio.).
You will have a profit:  0.45 BTC*61.1 Gbytes/ 10 Gbytes => (2.75 BTC–0.45 BTC)/0.45 BTC => 512%. With each additional round (see exponent) it becomes more.

The crucial question, however, is how far can the price drop until I lose?
We bought at a price of 0.045 BTC/GByte (10 Gbyte).
Therefore, we can endure 0.45 BTC /61.1 GBytes = 0.0074 BTC/GByte.
(If we sell our 61.1 GB then 0.0074 BTC/GByte * 61.1 Gbyte = 0.45 BTC we get our bet back.)

Question: 0.0074 BTC/GByte which capitalization is this?
It’s 0.0074 BTC/GByte * 1E15/1E9 => 0.0074 BTC/GByte * 1E6 GByte = 7400 BTC or ~7400BTC *1200$/BTC = 8.8 Mio $

You can still match the Dev! (tony holds 1%):
price ~76 BTC ~1.7 TByte*1,1^19=10 TByte -> 1% of total capitalisation

or with lower budget:
1/10 price 7.6 BTC ~0.17 TByte (170 GByte) -> 0.1% of total capitalisation
1/100 price 0.76 BTC 0.017 TByte (17 GByte) -> 0.01% of total capitalisation
1/1000 price 0.076 BTC 0.0017 TByte (1.7 GByte) -> 0.001% of total capitalisation

For those who have participated in the 1st and / or 2nd round and / or which additionally connect BTCs (got Bytes for free), the above calculations looks even better.

Classic BTC holders: They link her BTC and sleep (like Kostolany:”.. buy
shares and take some sleepingpills: when you wake up, you've made money" will have) - lazy people (sometimes to lazy to link  Smiley).
Nowhere is there such an interest (without any risk) for the BTCs.
And they will receive a free diversification (and a technology upgrade) of their portfolio: A very good idea, because that is already a trend:

Good to have at least two horses in the barn (A hopeful foal and an old horse).

There is much to win, but little to lose, so people do not sell…
For the vast majority of holders, there is simply no reason to sell (1st round participants are believers, ICO's already hold because of diversification, BTC whales ditto -They ride the old horse and lead the foal next to it).

A sale makes sense only if one likes monocultures (only BTC). Or you would like to get your investment (bought bytes) back in order to minimize the risks..
10GB*(1+10/100)^10 = 25.9-10=15.9 -> 15.9*1,1^9=37.6 Gbytes   Undecided

… Then there are also our black friends (BB) ..
perfect for small investors with a small money bag… You can exchange half of your earning in blackbytes..

It is the philosophy of this distribution to allow as many adopters as possible a (as far as possible risk-free) access (to Bytes / Blackbytes).

disclaimer
The author does not force you to invest now or to by BTCs now. There may also be more favorable times.. No idea!
italianMiner72 (OP)

Activity: 910
Merit: 511

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 12:35:39 PM

The next big thing will be Evan Duffield revealing himself to be an alien who has come to earth to enslave us all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8lcUHQYhPTE

hem hem..
maybe we are going a little bit OT.
stay in theme!
thank you!

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
pumz

Activity: 826

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 12:45:46 PM

Can we choose 2 or more project for voting because I think Westrust and Matchpool would be next big thing. Both have very solid teams and coming with unique ideas.
italianMiner72 (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 01:23:56 PM

...and coming with unique ideas.

ok.. here you got my attention :-)
can you share with us, in a few word,
what are this unique ideas??
just a small description..
then i can study in deep by myself!!

thank you

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

████           ▄▄█████████▄▄            ▄▄█████████▄▄        ████         █████      ██████████████████   ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████         ▄███████████████▄        ▄███████████████▄      ████       █████      ████████████████████  █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████        █████▀       ▀█████▄     █████▀       ▀█████     ████     █████         █       ████       █  ████     █████             ████     █████  
████       ████▀           ▀████▄   ████▀           ▀████    ████   █████                   ████          ████      ████     ████    ████      ████  
████      ████▀              ▀████ ▀███▀                     ████ █████                     ████          ████     █████     ████    ████     █████  
████      ████                 ████▄ ▀                       ████████                       ████          █████████████      ████    █████████████   
████      ████                  ▀████                        ████████                       ████          ████████████       ████    ████████████    
████      ████▄             ▄██▄ ▀████▄                      ████ █████                     ████          ████    ████       ████    ████            
████       ████▄           ▄████   ▀████▄           ▄████    ████   █████                   ████          ████    ▀████      ████    ████            
████        █████▄       ▄█████      █████▄       ▄█████     ████     █████                 ████          ████      ████     ████    ████            
████████████ ▀███████████████▀        ▀███████████████▀      ████       █████               ████          ████       ████    ████    ████            
█████████████  ▀▀█████████▀▀            ▀▀█████████▀▀        ████         █████             ████          ████        █████  ████    ████            

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
hotsurfing

Activity: 105

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 01:34:03 PM

Iota>byteball>eth> bitcoin>Feathercoin
truxton

Activity: 771
Merit: 521

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 01:35:36 PM

Blocknet should be on the list.  Totally decentralised exchange without any middleman exchange    BTC, LTC, Sys, XC, BItswift, Stealth, Bitpay, Etherium, Qura will be added first.  I have tried the decentralised exchange out already in an early phase and it worked a treat!  Plus anyone with enough blocknet tokens to run a node will get fees from every transaction.  I think it could be a massive game changer as its a disruptive tech.
iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 01:45:27 PM
Last edit: March 24, 2017, 04:05:43 PM by iamnotback

If you invest 10 GBytes (~0.45 BTC) you have after 19 rounds 10GB*(1+10/100)^19 = 61.15 GBytes.

Oh I didn't know that the interest rate was going to remain 10% increase to existing hodlers for each round. I thought the terms became less favorable on each future round, because it isn't summarized on the homepage and that is the pattern I observed thus far on quick perusal.

So in that case you claim, then yes 1.119 = 6X growth.

So then in that case it is true that ultimately Tony will only have 1% of the issued supply at that future time (although it is not clear about the other 1% and how it can be given away to wallet signups without it being gamed). However that presumes this his 10,000 GB do not receive the 10% interest compounding. Can you confirm if that is the case or not?

If rounds are being done every 3 - 4 months as appears to be the case so far, then it will be roughly 4 - 6 years until Tony's stake has decreased from 7% to 1%.

A stock split doesn't increase the value of investors' holdings.

The major real economic effect of the compounding stock split is to incentivize investors to buy & hold earlier so they can maximize their stake relative to those who buy later, due to the power of compounding.

That is actually quite a powerful effect. That is a clever feature to add to a coin. I think I will copy it.  Tongue

P.S. this is why I get involved asking about things that seem abnormal or exceptional. Because sometimes it means it is something important that I need to know for my own work.

Edit: also I need to do what I promised. Tony my apology is extended to you. May I suggest you make the specifics of everything more clear on your homepage.
SatoNatomato

Activity: 378

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 02:00:08 PM

The major real economic effect of the compounding stock split is to incentivize investors to buy & hold earlier so they can maximize their stake relative to those who buy later, due to the power of compounding.

That is actually quite a powerful effect. That is a clever feature to add to a coin. I think I will copy it.  Tongue

P.S. this is why I get involved asking about things that seem abnormal or exceptional. Because sometimes it means it is something important that I need to know for my own work.
Rounds are done every full moon, ie every month. The 1% does not receive compound interest. The other 1% can technically be gamed, the success of the game depends on how few persons buy into Byteball, the more people install the wallet, the lower the success of gaming the final 1% distribution.
italianMiner72 (OP)

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 02:13:45 PM

Rounds are done every full moon, ie every month. The 1% does not receive compound interest. The other 1% can technically be gamed, the success of the game depends on how few persons buy into Byteball, the more people install the wallet, the lower the success of gaming the final 1% distribution.

but i don't understand well ..
but if i know exact snapshot date & time, i can buy BTC before a few minutes, and sell BTC few minutes after snapshot is taken ..
but doing so, i think i'm not eligible for distribution Huh
or yes Huh?
i don 'understand ...

██▬▬▬

██▬

██▬

██▬▬▬

▬▬▬██

▬██

▬██

▬▬▬██
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 02:47:01 PM

Bitbay will eventually be a big thing in my opinion. Put it on the list and give peole a chance to find something that will be worthwhile that is already in production.

freigeist

Activity: 1107
Merit: 534

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 03:02:29 PM

but i don't understand well ..
but if i know exact snapshot date & time, i can buy BTC before a few minutes, and sell BTC few minutes after snapshot is taken ..
but doing so, i think i'm not eligible for distribution Huh
or yes Huh?
i don 'understand ...

"Few minutes" won't work as you require few hours for BTC transfer to be confirmed within block chain.
You could buy and transfer one day before the snapshot and sell one day later after the distribution ends.
This will work.

iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 04:40:00 PM
Last edit: March 25, 2017, 02:48:08 AM by iamnotback

"Few minutes" won't work as you require few hours for BTC transfer to be confirmed within block chain.
You could buy and transfer one day before the snapshot and sell one day later after the distribution ends.
This will work.

Ah that defeats the compelling advantage of having such an interest incentive.

Does this explain why the chart is dumping like the Chocolate Hills of Bohol on a monthly period?

They should have designed it such that if the coins trade in that month, then they don't participate in the interest rewards that month. To discourage short-term trading which would decrease the monthly volatility and to reduce selling pressure and increase buying pressure.

If Tony will make that change (assuming there isn't some significant disadvantage), I would probably buy. Please PM me if the change is made (or if the quoted post above is mistaken).

Edit: I just realized another flaw that BB's distribution went those who don't even own the BTC, i.e. ICOs and exchange BTC whales. And a suggestion that would have prevented this was apparently ignored, although I can understand that the BTC splitting requirement would made a lot of people unmotivated yet I can also say I was entirely unmotivated to take my BTC off the exchange in order to register it for Byteball (I have too many things to do, otherwise my BTC wouldn't be stored on an exchange!).

One might ponder if @tonych received any kickbacks from exchanges. Perhaps not as he seems like a nice guy, but I also thought Evan of Dash was amiable.
Zontop

Activity: 854
Merit: 256

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 05:52:48 PM

Matchpool will next big for sure with great name on the board and wonderful idea match making concept on blockchain.
Odrak

Activity: 109

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 08:04:30 PM

Oh I didn't know that the interest rate was going to remain 10% increase to existing hodlers for each round. I thought the terms became less favorable on each future round, because it isn't summarized on the homepage and that is the pattern I observed thus far on quick perusal.

So in that case you claim, then yes 1.119 = 6X growth.

So then in that case it is true that ultimately Tony will only have 1% of the issued supply at that future time (although it is not clear about the other 1% and how it can be given away to wallet signups without it being gamed). However that presumes this his 10,000 GB do not receive the 10% interest compounding. Can you confirm if that is the case or not?

If rounds are being done every 3 - 4 months as appears to be the case so far, then it will be roughly 4 - 6 years until Tony's stake has decreased from 7% to 1%.

A stock split doesn't increase the value of investors' holdings.

Edit: also I need to do what I promised. Tony my apology is extended to you. May I suggest you make the specifics of everything more clear on your homepage.

There's a monthly distrubution following the Moon Calendar, the developer's 1% does not earn interest. If you're interested in the concept this might be a fun read: https://altcoinspekulant.wordpress.com/2016/10/06/byteball-exclusive-interview-with-developer-tonych-in-english/

It's an interview from 2016 with the developer of Byteball.

As far as the moon calendar is concerned; upcoming distributions:

11th april
10th may
9th june
9th july
7th aug
6th sep
5th oct
4th nov
3th dec

BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 08:28:45 PM

dumping like the Chocolate Hills of Bohol on a monthly period?

QUOTE of the day ... win 100 TALK ... PM with addie, if you want it.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
e-coinomist
Legendary

Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085

Money often costs too much.

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 10:46:54 PM

Matchpool will next big for sure with great name on the board and wonderful idea match making concept on blockchain.
Which names? I recognized Gavin Wood and Saunders on their rooster, the other names don't ring a bell.
It's time for the DAPPs to really lift of. Currently there only seems to be games implemented as smart contracts.
cryptonia

Activity: 340

View Profile
March 24, 2017, 10:56:23 PM

Bitbay will eventually be a big thing in my opinion. Put it on the list and give peole a chance to find something that will be worthwhile that is already in production.
I don't understand the emission schedule in BitBay. can you explain it?
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Activity: 1470
Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 06:53:46 AM

What's the next "BIG THING" in the altcoin
vegetable porn

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██

██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
Scott J
Legendary

Activity: 1792
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 25, 2017, 11:04:04 AM

Iota>byteball>eth> bitcoin>Feathercoin
I agree with IOTA first.

However, what is so special about Feathercoin? I remember it from years ago and it was a Litecoin clone IIRC?
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: