Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 12:57:59 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Baikal miner Problems,Tips and Help  (Read 26293 times)
Lafu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 3039

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 06:51:59 PM

someone know if it's possible to change the fan with an artic freezer? what are the spec of the fan?

I tryd to run the miner without the fan for looking how high the temp goes when the fan dosent work  !  First time all works without fan and temp goes about 68 -70 on x11 algo  ,after this i connect the fan again to the miner ,but looks like the orange pi image software proof for the connection to the fan , when i tryd to run thee miner again with fan the image crashd the miner and this dosent work , after flash the new imagen all works again !

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
omshree

Activity: 270
Merit: 100

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 04:42:04 AM

Nicehash support works now i think it was an issue from nicehash but dont know exactly  but fuck it ,it works now   Smiley

Hi Lafu, I have trouble connecting to nicehash as well.
May I know is it you solved by flashing the old version? Does it relate?

Or do you think it is just some random connection issue?

For me i update or flash the old image with new but still have the connection problem but after one day i restart the miner and its work again  looks like feel magic  !

It has nothing to do with the image file, now doesnt work again, even support couldnt help

Donate if you like 1ANALSEXXGMd6HaN6CzQXtURLC5H9TjKoo
triplef

Activity: 338
Merit: 100

https://eloncity.io/

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 09:58:28 PM

same here, unit just looses network every 2 minutes, so if i terminal in, i get 10 seconds before getting booted

goen

Activity: 77
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 01:46:22 AM

hi guys,

i got problem with my baikal mini.
it cannot stop blinking.
i checked at router's client list and there is no baikal.

i plug a hdmi cable and it shows a repeated progress about failed to change to 1536mhz
i have replace the controller with another orange pi one and still no luck.
write a 8gb image to a 8gb sd card and replace the original sd card, still the same.

emailed the support address of baikal, no response after 2 days.
i  try skype baikal too, and same, no response.

anyone can help?

http://imgur.com/a/ySRI2
not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 02:16:14 AM

hi guys,

it cannot stop blinking.

i plug a hdmi cable and it shows a repeated progress about failed to change to 1536mhz
write a 8gb image to a 8gb sd card and replace the original sd card, still the same.

anyone can help?

You can try a firmware reflash.  I have no idea how successful that is likely to be.  It is just something that occurs to me as an option.  See my post here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1875337.msg18644199#msg18644199

There is a link to the manual for the cube which contains instructions on how to flash the firmware.  Actually now that I think about it, scroll above my post in that thread and check out the first two posts as well.
age1314

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 11:14:13 PM

Hey guys im having some issues with the Baikal miner 300mhs cube. nothing is loading in my devices area its saying miner DOWN. How long did you have to wait for it to load? i tried flashing the sd card to new version  here https://github.com/baikalminer/multi-algo-miner . still nothing ? there is no new firmware that im aware of just the pi update. any suggestions?  Huh Huh
drsub

Activity: 332
Merit: 251

View Profile WWW
April 26, 2017, 11:40:27 PM

hi guys,

it cannot stop blinking.

anyone can help?

The problem is your power supply.
You must use a 12v 5a power supply or better. If you are using already a 5A, change to a 12v 8A and it will fix your problem.
I had the exact same issue and i fixed by changing the power supply. Guaranted it will work!
Gunna01

Activity: 306

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:30:13 AM

What is the extranonce feature of the new cubes and when should I use it? I mainly mine P2Pool
age1314

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:05:42 AM

Hey guys im having some issues with the Baikal miner 300mhs cube. nothing is loading in my devices area its saying miner DOWN. How long did you have to wait for it to load? i tried flashing the sd card to new version  here https://github.com/baikalminer/multi-algo-miner . still nothing ? there is no new firmware that im aware of just the pi update. any suggestions?  Huh Huh

I fixed my own problem, just incase anyone else has the same problem i went through all my router setting on router(i have a asus rt-ac3200) there was a setting under AiProtection then under Network protection catergory i turned off Vulnerability Protection! this setting was giving me dramas for other miners also everytime i enable this option back on my other miner would drop out and have Stratum connection problems. Hope this helps others in need!!!!
goen

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 09:17:07 AM

hi guys,

it cannot stop blinking.

anyone can help?

The problem is your power supply.
You must use a 12v 5a power supply or better. If you are using already a 5A, change to a 12v 8A and it will fix your problem.
I had the exact same issue and i fixed by changing the power supply. Guaranted it will work!

i have tried using other psu.
my first psu was a 400W atx psu. it works fine for a month.
then i try a 500W enermax psu, still the same result for both psu.

any other suggestion?
Truthchanter

Activity: 689
Merit: 253

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 12:25:35 PM

What is the extranonce feature of the new cubes and when should I use it? I mainly mine P2Pool

I'm curious about this as well
goen

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 01:17:32 PM

hi guys,

it cannot stop blinking.

anyone can help?

You can try a firmware reflash.  I have no idea how successful that is likely to be.  It is just something that occurs to me as an option.  See my post here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1875337.msg18644199#msg18644199

There is a link to the manual for the cube which contains instructions on how to flash the firmware.  Actually now that I think about it, scroll above my post in that thread and check out the first two posts as well.

dear not.you,

my miner is baikal mini miner, not cube.
and i have tried to change the sd card with another one.
image from baikal gdrive, as mentioned above.

it still wont start mining.

not.you
Legendary

Activity: 1726
Merit: 1018

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 03:43:36 PM

hi guys,

it cannot stop blinking.

anyone can help?

dear not.you,

I'm sorry I don't know what to tell you.  If you bought it from baikal you can try sending an email to support@baikalminer.com but I don't expect you to have much luck with that.  You could also try bugging them on skype, but again, they suck at communication in general so that may not be helpful.

When you tried the different pi image did you make sure and get the one for the mini? The cube one and the mini one are different.

Also did you look here? https://github.com/baikalminer/multi-algo-miner

There is a user guide for the mini and firmware and pi image.  Should be some things you can try from all that.
Lafu (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 2954
Merit: 3039

View Profile
April 27, 2017, 03:51:19 PM

When the lights always flashing it can be only 2 things no network found from the miner (maybe check Router settings) or and this issue i haved the Image on sd card is broken!  If you want i can give you my downloaded Image for try!

Regards Lafu

goen

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 02:03:22 AM

hi guys,

it cannot stop blinking.

anyone can help?

dear not.you,

I'm sorry I don't know what to tell you.  If you bought it from baikal you can try sending an email to support@baikalminer.com but I don't expect you to have much luck with that.  You could also try bugging them on skype, but again, they suck at communication in general so that may not be helpful.

When you tried the different pi image did you make sure and get the one for the mini? The cube one and the mini one are different.

Also did you look here? https://github.com/baikalminer/multi-algo-miner

There is a user guide for the mini and firmware and pi image.  Should be some things you can try from all that.

okay i will try that link,  thank you.
about the orangepi image, this is the link they gave me :
https://drive.google.com/drive/u/0/folders/0B1GBwN5-i39VbDM0ZW4wTlU4OWc
both image came with the same result.

and yes, i have try email to baikal@baikalminer.com, support@baikalminer.com, skype and this forum.
none of them reply my question.
goen

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 02:06:07 AM

When the lights always flashing it can be only 2 things no network found from the miner (maybe check Router settings) or and this issue i haved the Image on sd card is broken!  If you want i can give you my downloaded Image for try!

Regards Lafu
dear Lafu,

yes im intested to try your image.
please give the download link.

the problem is not the internet connection/router.
i have changethe LAN cable, different LAN port even different router (Dlink and Mikrotik)
Those LAN port is fine, it works fine with the Cube and Desktop PC.

both of the LAN connector LED (RJ45) is lit from the first time i turn it on.
so i think this is a hardware problem.
but who knows ...

regards,
drsub

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 02:32:34 AM

When the lights always flashing it can be only 2 things no network found from the miner (maybe check Router settings) or and this issue i haved the Image on sd card is broken!  If you want i can give you my downloaded Image for try!

Regards Lafu
dear Lafu,

i have changethe LAN cable, different LAN port even different router (Dlink and Mikrotik)

but who knows ...

regards,

What is the power supply you are using? 12v 5a?
goen

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 02:34:01 AM

Regards Lafu
dear Lafu,

but who knows ...

regards,

Enermax Tomahawk ATX PSU.
drsub

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2017, 03:07:32 AM

Regards Lafu
dear Lafu,

but who knows ...

regards,

I had the SAME problem you did.

Only flashing, i pluged in a HDMI to orange PI and it was giving error set cpu frequency. I belive is that what you see too.

First thing i did to stop flashing and get it to get an IP assigned was change the power supply.
Try using a regular 12v 8A power supply, not an ATX power supply.

The other problem of not showing the ip on the router, its actually a router problem, i couldn't figure it out what was wrong with the router, so i swtiched routers and got it to work, so that is what you need to do.
Replace the power supply and maybe put a switch between the mini and your router and it should fix your problem completely

Hope that works for you as well.
goen

View Profile
April 28, 2017, 03:21:14 AM

Regards Lafu
dear Lafu,

but who knows ...

regards,

I had the SAME problem you did.

Only flashing, i pluged in a HDMI to orange PI and it was giving error set cpu frequency. I belive is that what you see too.

First thing i did to stop flashing and get it to get an IP assigned was change the power supply.
Try using a regular 12v 8A power supply, not an ATX power supply.

The other problem of not showing the ip on the router, its actually a router problem, i couldn't figure it out what was wrong with the router, so i swtiched routers and got it to work, so that is what you need to do.
Replace the power supply and maybe put a switch between the mini and your router and it should fix your problem completely

Hope that works for you as well.

okay drsub,
i will try change the psu.
the first psu was 350W bulk atx psu.
works for about a month.
then i change to enermax. its not working.
switch back to old atx psu, still not working.
i will try a switching adapter today.
hopefully it will work.

tks,
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: