Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 03:00:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Who would be in favor of implementing zerocoin tech?  (hardfork required)
yes, as soon as possible - 10 (83.3%)
yes, but later down the road - 2 (16.7%)
absolutely not - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Wyvern: what happened and why, a message from the original dev  (Read 47100 times)
octavarium

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 09:48:45 AM

i have only 1 connection with win-wallet. when i want to enter the given nodes manually in the console there comes an error message!

For example: addnode 124.150.86.72:65424 add

Method not found (code -32601)

Did i make something wrong?

try not use port
addnode 124.150.86.72 add
Nukeless (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 02:36:38 PM

Outstanding pull requests on github have been merged.
Bambalam

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 06:39:55 PM

We are nearing completion of 50 WYV per block. If anyone out there has been thinking of mining wyvern now is the best time! We are at block 17032 / 25300 - Reward then halves to just 25 coins per block!

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬Mysterium Network▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
Decentralized   VPN   powered   by   Blockchain
JOIN THE ICO ▬▬▬ JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 14, 2017, 11:13:27 PM
Last edit: April 14, 2017, 11:46:17 PM by Nukeless

I would like to release the first iteration of our Wyvern Virtual Exchange.  Right now API and security are proving a challenge so we are going with the middleman approach for the time being.  I have dozens of games to put up myself and I hope others will utilize it as well.  The url is https://exchange.projectwyvern.com/   Feel free to make offers on people's posts.  You will need to register for an account.  Here are the usage instructions in case you miss it on the site.

"Wyvern Virtual Exchange Usage Instructions
This exchange exists for users to sell their virtual goods for Wyvern coin.  As of right now we operate on a middleman basis for a 2% fee.  That fee it taken from what the seller receives.  You may elect to deal without a middleman and exchange will the seller directly, however you assume all risk in this case and the best we will be able to do is ban the bad seller.  Also, using our service directly supports the coin and its developers.  Our escrow address is WgA6hRY8zQ1NouYirJzzE4m45iZpU7cTct   If you intend to use our escrow send Wyvern payment to the escrow and leave a message indicating payment was sent in the sellers post.  We will reply in the same post once funds have cleared and the seller will release the virtual item to the buyer.  Once the buyer replies the item has been received, we will release funds to the seller, who should have put their payment address in their original post.  If there is an issue it will escalate to a dispute and we will resolve it once we have heard both parties. If you are posting something for sale: go to the top left of the screen, find your dashboard and click on it.  Then click on Posts-> Add New, then add your images and description/asking price as well as your Wyvern receive address.  You must wait for us to approve the post before it will become active (which won’t take long we have multiple admins). If either buyer or seller has a problem during the transaction simply make a comment about it on the seller’s post and we will sort it out."

Obviously this is a very early version and we hope to have it fully automated at some point in the future, however this is the safest way to do it for now.
Bambalam

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 09:17:37 PM

I would like to release the first iteration of our Wyvern Virtual Exchange.  Right now API and security are proving a challenge so we are going with the middleman approach for the time being.  I have dozens of games to put up myself and I hope others will utilize it as well.  The url is https://exchange.projectwyvern.com/   Feel free to make offers on people's posts.  You will need to register for an account.  Here are the usage instructions in case you miss it on the site.

"Wyvern Virtual Exchange Usage Instructions
This exchange exists for users to sell their virtual goods for Wyvern coin.  As of right now we operate on a middleman basis for a 2% fee.  That fee it taken from what the seller receives.  You may elect to deal without a middleman and exchange will the seller directly, however you assume all risk in this case and the best we will be able to do is ban the bad seller.  Also, using our service directly supports the coin and its developers.  Our escrow address is WgA6hRY8zQ1NouYirJzzE4m45iZpU7cTct   If you intend to use our escrow send Wyvern payment to the escrow and leave a message indicating payment was sent in the sellers post.  We will reply in the same post once funds have cleared and the seller will release the virtual item to the buyer.  Once the buyer replies the item has been received, we will release funds to the seller, who should have put their payment address in their original post.  If there is an issue it will escalate to a dispute and we will resolve it once we have heard both parties. If you are posting something for sale: go to the top left of the screen, find your dashboard and click on it.  Then click on Posts-> Add New, then add your images and description/asking price as well as your Wyvern receive address.  You must wait for us to approve the post before it will become active (which won’t take long we have multiple admins). If either buyer or seller has a problem during the transaction simply make a comment about it on the seller’s post and we will sort it out."

Obviously this is a very early version and we hope to have it fully automated at some point in the future, however this is the safest way to do it for now.

Looks good nukeless, if you need help with the rpc protocol let me know.

synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
April 15, 2017, 10:09:52 PM

No problems.

I'll be looking at the NSIS installer over the weekend.

Excellent. I had plans to create an installer but since I am bogged down at the moment I'll gladly let you handle that. Some of the things I was considering adding were:

• Custom .conf file generation (for example a checkbox in installer saying "Enable Solo mining in .conf file." The Pwgen plugin could be useful for default random password generation)
  • Prepackaged ccminer/cgminer (multiple versions will be needed and autodetection could be a pain, so choosing from a preset list would be best)
  • Option to enable startup at system login

Side note: we're updating some graphics which will need to be included before releasing an official installer. I will bug our graphic designer to make sure they get finished ASAP.

Just use sockets (send() or write() with a GET command) in the installer to download ccminer and cgminer to a zip file during installation and then use zlib to unzip... That would avoid detection in the exe completely as there is no prepackaged miners included.

I can make an installer free of change if u promise me that u will never open ur mouth or even show up in this thread again. I will keep all the credit for that work for myself since I don't want ur name to be drawn next to mine in the hall of fame where names of hundreds of diseased installer makers are engraved, but u shouldn't take it personal.
coolindark
Legendary

Activity: 959
Merit: 1037

View Profile WWW
April 16, 2017, 12:27:07 AM

Cool WYVERN is ready in our pool! (1hr payment period) Cool

CoinMiners.Net

1% Fee
Register-free Mining & Auto Payments
Server located at Europe

ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-ʔʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-ʔ
ʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-ʔʕ•̫͡•ʕ*̫͡*ʕ•͓͡•ʔ-̫͡-ʕ•̫͡•ʔ*̫͡*ʔ-̫͡-ʔ
Bambalam

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 06:26:46 AM

No problems.

Excellent. I had plans to create an installer but since I am bogged down at the moment I'll gladly let you handle that. Some of the things I was considering adding were:

• Custom .conf file generation (for example a checkbox in installer saying "Enable Solo mining in .conf file." The Pwgen plugin could be useful for default random password generation)
  • Prepackaged ccminer/cgminer (multiple versions will be needed and autodetection could be a pain, so choosing from a preset list would be best)

Side note: we're updating some graphics which will need to be included before releasing an official installer. I will bug our graphic designer to make sure they get finished ASAP.

Just use sockets (send() or write() with a GET command) in the installer to download ccminer and cgminer to a zip file during installation and then use zlib to unzip... That would avoid detection in the exe completely as there is no prepackaged miners included.

I can make an installer free of change if u promise me that u will never open ur mouth or even show up in this thread again. I will keep all the credit for that work for myself since I don't want ur name to be drawn next to mine in the hall of fame where names of hundreds of diseased installer makers are engraved, but u shouldn't take it personal.

Wanna hold hands? Im not going anywhere.

Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 03:17:45 PM

No problems.

Wanna hold hands? Im not going anywhere.
Let's keep the announcement forum clear of any conflict if we could.  Take it to pm Smiley  Thanks!
Johanso

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 16, 2017, 11:32:24 PM

Can't tell if beef or friendly banter...
Bambalam

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 01:50:41 AM

Can't tell if beef or friendly banter...

I have never seen the guy before, he just lashed out lol.

Johanso

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 02:14:51 AM

In other news - Testnet fix is done (pull req coming soon, but details are in a github issue if anyone's compiling their own).

I'm giving away testnet coins to developers. Make a request in the slack #dev channel.

Once we get a few more testnet nodes, I'll throw some more hash power at it.
Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 17, 2017, 11:26:38 PM

We have been added to coinmarketcap.  Thanks to everyone who sent in a request! https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/wyvern/
Orange Mango

Activity: 131

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 12:24:34 AM

I like the coin it is great and I really like that you can buy virtual items but can you add more games ? I also like the name and that it is GPU mining.
Bambalam

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 04:30:50 AM
Last edit: April 18, 2017, 04:40:55 AM by Bambalam

We have been added to coinmarketcap.  Thanks to everyone who sent in a request! https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/wyvern/

Glad to hear it. Was a good thing to push for.

EDIT:
Why would anyone in their right mind sell at this price? 0.00002010 ugh. Guess its a good time to buy.

Bambalam

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 08:24:31 PM
Last edit: April 18, 2017, 10:06:14 PM by Bambalam

Your WYV for a copy of Ark: Survival Evolved!

Available now on the Wyvern Exchange!!! Click the link below and send to the escrow address, upon confirmation i will send a cd-key!

https://exchange.projectwyvern.com/index.php/2017/04/18/ark-surival-evolved/

l8nit3
Legendary

Activity: 1007
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 18, 2017, 08:26:32 PM

www.l8nit3-miners.com will be removing WYV due to lack of interest on or about the 25th of this month. This decision is subject to change if interest seems to grow.
Bambalam

View Profile
April 21, 2017, 04:19:36 AM

Only 1,000 blocks until the HALVENING!

Bambalam

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 05:38:29 AM

Blocks have halved. What does the roadmap look like nukeless? Future plans?

bones261
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1827

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 02:58:57 PM

Blocks have halved. What does the roadmap look like nukeless? Future plans?
I hope the dev team is working hard on something. So many altcoin projects get abandoned since there are so many hurdles to overcome. I know because just a couple of days ago, I tired to set up an environment to build Windows binaries from source using Bash. After hours building mxe, I tried to build another dependency and couldn't. I discovered that my antivirus decided to delete a couple of crucial files because it deemed them as a virus. I gave up trying. So I can't even get off of square one to create an altcoin.  Cheesy
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: