Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 04:23:13 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Who would be in favor of implementing zerocoin tech?  (hardfork required)
yes, as soon as possible - 10 (83.3%)
yes, but later down the road - 2 (16.7%)
absolutely not - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Wyvern: what happened and why, a message from the original dev  (Read 47100 times)
Nukeless (OP)

Activity: 154
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 03:19:15 PM

Hey bitcointalk is working again!  We do have one new thing to report.  We have a developer that has agreed to work on the web wallet plugin.  This was the one we were originally trying to modify.  The plugin creator will be helping us out on this.  Everything will be open source so it should make web access much easier in the future and open the doors for staking pools and other cool things.
Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 06:39:19 PM

New user onboarding site set up at https://get.wyvern.ch/ - feedback welcome. Feel free to share on social media if you like.
I'll put it on the main forum and social media.
Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 23, 2017, 05:14:21 PM

Just heard back from the team at coinomi.  I have linked them to our repository and their devs are reviewing it.  If this addition goes through it will raise awareness of our coin dramatically and provide an android wallet solution.  You can check out coinomi at https://coinomi.com/  Hopefully things work out Smiley
Bambalam

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 01:49:45 AM

A copy of ARK: Survival evolved still on the exchange.

At current wyv price its valued at $17.55!! Thats over 50% Cheaper then steam.

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬Mysterium Network▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
Decentralized   VPN   powered   by   Blockchain
JOIN THE ICO ▬▬▬ JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 05:44:50 AM

Just a quick fyi: Moved the windows wallet binary to the release section of our github.
nrfmartin

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 08:10:07 PM

Value seems to be moving up quite nicely now.
Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 08:38:19 PM

I put in a request for Poloniex, as it is the only exchange I think is worth being added to.  If you can, go to https://poloniex.com/coinRequest to request Wyvern.  This would help put our name out immensely.  Use https://chainz.cryptoid.info/wyv/ when asked for the block explorer since it has more information.
Bambalam

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 08:40:37 PM
Last edit: April 24, 2017, 08:52:31 PM by Bambalam

Awesome, price is on the move! I beleive in this coin as i have been buying quite a bit of it aswell as mining it. It is my main investment right now. Poloneix will help ALOT and then when price jumps i think we need to add to poswallet and whattomine -

As i created a pre-filled out form for coinmarketcap - i felt it only neccesarry to do the same for poloneix.

Here you go guys:

1.) Click Here: https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

Copy and Fill each field with info below:

1.) Wyvern
2.) WYV
3.) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1845270.0
4.) https://get.wyvern.ch/
5.) http://194.135.95.138:3001/
6.) I would love to see this coin added to poloneix so that i may trade in a secure, trustoworthy environment. I also beleive that Wyvern has a good chance to become a very viable currency and has some great ideas surrounding it. It also has a very large amount of support from the community.
7.) Wyvern uses a rare and unique algorithm called Nist5, this allows the coin to be very ASIC resistant and also allows for the average person to get involved in the coin generation process. As this coin is geared more for gamers, they will have a good chance at involving themselves with their GPU's. Nist5 Works well on both AMD and nVIDIA so anyone with a decent GPU can get involved. Wyvern also utilizes POS minting. This is especially important for those that dont own a GPU as they can also participate in the generation process by simply leaving their wallet open. Thank you for your consideration!

Obviously you could change answers 6,7 to your own if you would like.

Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 08:48:42 PM

Wyvern port of vanitygen (custom-prefix addresses - e.g. Winds4cC5t3hPy6sB9svWfufxJW63qCfiH) - https://github.com/protinam/vanitygen-wyvern.

I'll add this to the frontpage, although I need to clean it up at some point, it is getting rather cluttered.
Bambalam

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 08:53:10 PM

Wyvern port of vanitygen (custom-prefix addresses - e.g. Winds4cC5t3hPy6sB9svWfufxJW63qCfiH) - https://github.com/protinam/vanitygen-wyvern.

I'll add this to the frontpage, although I need to clean it up at some point, it is getting rather cluttered.

Could be a good idea to get a nice thread design going, Ill work on a couple tonight and send them to you- If you like them feel free to use them.

Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 08:54:51 PM

Awesome, price is on the move! I beleive in this coin as i have been buying quite a bit of it aswell as mining it. It is my main investment right now. Poloneix will help ALOT and then when price jumps i think we need to add to poswallet and whattomine -

As i created a pre-filled out form for coinmarketcap - i felt it only neccesarry to do the same for poloneix.

Here you go guys:

1.) Click Here: https://poloniex.com/coinRequest

Copy and Fill each field with info below:

1.) Wyvern
2.) WYV
3.) https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1845270.0
4.) https://get.wyvern.ch/
5.) http://194.135.95.138:3001/
6.) I would love to see this coin added to poloneix so that i may trade in a secure, trustoworthy environment. I also beleive that Wyvern has a good chance to become a very viable currency and has some great ideas surrounding it. It also has a very large amount of support from the community.
7.) Wyvern uses a rare and unique algorithm called Nist5, this allows the coin to be very ASIC resistant and also allows for the average person to get involved in the coin generation process. As this coin is geared more for gamers, they will have a good chance at involving themselves with their GPU's. Nist5 Works well on both AMD and nVIDIA so anyone with a decent GPU can get involved. Wyvern also utilizes POS minting. This is especially important for those that dont own a GPU as they can also participate in the generation process by simply leaving their wallet open. Thank you for your consideration!

Obviously you could change answers 6,7 to your own if you would like.

I would recommend using the https://chainz.cryptoid.info/wyv/ block explorer as it contains more info and is more reliable.
Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 08:56:53 PM

Could be a good idea to get a nice thread design going, Ill work on a couple tonight and send them to you- If you like them feel free to use them.

That would be awesome, our graphic designer is swamped with school (he is trying to graduate seminary) and I kinda suck at it lol.
Zaducis

Activity: 441
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 09:15:20 PM

Value seems to be moving up quite nicely now.

After halving reward for block price went up a little bit, this is normal.

JasonXG

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 09:59:13 PM

Thus is an awesome coin I took advantage of the early mining and I'm mining as I type this I knew the price would double and look it has. Maybe I should buy some more to add to my stash ? Maybe match whatever I have mined ? It will be worth lots after the mining period so I do not plan to sell any time soon I think anyone can see what ia going to happen and will be wise to hold. Thanks Dev for a good coin and I can't wait to see what is next for it since it is a gaming coin.please keep up the good work.
Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 24, 2017, 10:09:39 PM

Just put up a poll about zerocoin implementation at the top of this thread.  We want to know what you guys think Smiley
protinam

Activity: 124

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2017, 01:00:08 AM

Just put up a poll about zerocoin implementation at the top of this thread.  We want to know what you guys think Smiley

I don't think I can vote in the pool (new user account, perhaps?) but for what it's worth, my two cents would be to suggest implementing Zerocash's anonymity system, which could also be done by hardfork.

Zerocash's JoinSplit framework is substantially more usable in practice than the Zerocoin mint/spend system (no fixed denominations required, smaller proof size, faster verification), and Wyvern would benefit from / could integrate with further developments and infrastructure made for the Zcash system, which seems far more likely to gain adoption than Zcoin's.

(implementation may be substantially more difficult, however)
protinam

Activity: 124

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2017, 01:36:14 AM

I don't think I can vote in the pool (new user account, perhaps?) but for what it's worth, my two cents would be to suggest implementing Zerocash's anonymity system, which could also be done by hardfork.

Zerocash's JoinSplit framework is substantially more usable in practice than the Zerocoin mint/spend system (no fixed denominations required, smaller proof size, faster verification), and Wyvern would benefit from / could integrate with further developments and infrastructure made for the Zcash system, which seems far more likely to gain adoption than Zcoin's.

That said, in preference to both of those options, I suggest a third.

From what I've seen, the private transaction implementations in both Zcash and Zerocoin are years away from usability for even a reasonably knowledgeable consumer. Both have presently unsolved scaling issues - Zcash on the proving side, Zcoin on the verification/storage side, both require the user to understand several distinctly nuanced concepts (shielded/unshielded address, mint/pour) quite accurately in order to actually protect their privacy while using the technology, and neither has (to my knowledge) an accessible third-party wallet implementation (e.g. Jaxx) that employs the privacy technology implemented by the coin (Jaxx, for example, supports Zcash but only using unshielded transactions, which completely negates the point of the coin).

Rather, I suggest Wyvern implement Segregated Witness. Segregated witness - while perhaps not a great solution to the blocksize problem facing Bitcoin - is an excellent solution to the transaction malleability problem, is quite well-vetted technologically thanks to the blocksize debate, and is probably easier / less risky to fork into the coin than either privacy implementation. Segregated witness would allow for a Wyvern lightning network, which has numerous thematically suitable usecases. Such a Wyvern lightning network, for example, could be used for in-game transaction settlement (allowing Wyvern to be used as a cross-game virtual currency), in-game microtransactions, or just faster confirmation of game purchases on the Wyvern Exchange (since transaction malleability is no longer possible, accepting and chaining unconfirmed transactions is possible). Implementing Segregated Witness would also distinguish Wyvern as the only ASIC-resistant cryptocurrency with a lightning network (the others being Litecoin and potentially Bitcoin).

A privacy implementation can then be forked in at a later date - when the technology behind Zcash/Zerocoin has had more time to iron out its usability/scalability issues.
Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 04:20:07 PM

That said, in preference to both of those options, I suggest a third.

From what I've seen, the private transaction implementations in both Zcash and Zerocoin are years away from usability for even a reasonably knowledgeable consumer. Both have presently unsolved scaling issues - Zcash on the proving side, Zcoin on the verification/storage side, both require the user to understand several distinctly nuanced concepts (shielded/unshielded address, mint/pour) quite accurately in order to actually protect their privacy while using the technology, and neither has (to my knowledge) an accessible third-party wallet implementation (e.g. Jaxx) that employs the privacy technology implemented by the coin (Jaxx, for example, supports Zcash but only using unshielded transactions, which completely negates the point of the coin).

Rather, I suggest Wyvern implement Segregated Witness. Segregated witness - while perhaps not a great solution to the blocksize problem facing Bitcoin - is an excellent solution to the transaction malleability problem, is quite well-vetted technologically thanks to the blocksize debate, and is probably easier / less risky to fork into the coin than either privacy implementation. Segregated witness would allow for a Wyvern lightning network, which has numerous thematically suitable usecases. Such a Wyvern lightning network, for example, could be used for in-game transaction settlement (allowing Wyvern to be used as a cross-game virtual currency), in-game microtransactions, or just faster confirmation of game purchases on the Wyvern Exchange (since transaction malleability is no longer possible, accepting and chaining unconfirmed transactions is possible). Implementing Segregated Witness would also distinguish Wyvern as the only ASIC-resistant cryptocurrency with a lightning network (the others being Litecoin and potentially Bitcoin).

A privacy implementation can then be forked in at a later date - when the technology behind Zcash/Zerocoin has had more time to iron out its usability/scalability issues.

Iv'e read up a bit on it, and both interest me greatly.  The question is, which do we really need right this second?  The network is by no means overloaded, so transactions happen almost instantly.  And I don't think anonymity is necessary just yet either.   However, I do want to get us pointed in a productive direction.  It just depends on what the community wants more.
sKroXx

Activity: 83

View Profile
April 25, 2017, 11:34:51 PM

What about MN? It could fit well with PoS and adds features like InstantTransaction.
Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 26, 2017, 01:56:42 AM

What about MN? It could fit well with PoS and adds features like InstantTransaction.

I can't find much talking about MN online, could you link me to a good article about it?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: