Bitcoin Forum
July 02, 2024, 05:50:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Who would be in favor of implementing zerocoin tech?  (hardfork required)
yes, as soon as possible - 10 (83.3%)
yes, but later down the road - 2 (16.7%)
absolutely not - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Wyvern: what happened and why, a message from the original dev  (Read 47101 times)
protinam

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
April 29, 2017, 06:45:15 PM

I think it's important that we promote solo mining and make it as easy as possible to set up a solo mining configuration - distributed solo miners strengthen network security, and solo mining helps miners understand more about the technical underpinnings of what they're doing when they mine than pooled mining does.

To this end, I've published a public solo Stratum pool setup, suitable for low (one miner) to high (hundreds of miners) deployment, on Github at https://github.com/protinam/wyvern-solo-pool - also distributed as a Docker image - https://hub.docker.com/r/protinam/wyvern-solo-pool/. Using this image, running your very own solo Stratum pool is as easy as:

Code:
docker run -d --net=host -e POOL_PORT="12121" -e MINER_WORKER="worker" -e MINER_PASS="pass" -e DAEMON_HOST="127.0.0.1" -e DAEMON_USER="user" -e DAEMON_PASS="pass" -e DAEMON_PORT="44455" -e DEFAULT_DIFF="1.0" -e DIFF_VARIANCE="10.0" protinam/wyvern-solo-pool

See the Github repository for more information - and file an issue if you'd like any functionality added.

I additionally plan to package up a complete image for solo daemon and pool setup on a VPS / EC2 / etc. - anyone who's interested in solo mining, can you let me know what distribution formats would be convenient? AMI? Docker-compose setup? Something else?
Bambalam

Activity: 154

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 07:26:50 PM

Price is on its way up in a big way! 400% in a week is huge. Glad a purchased a ton a week ago Smiley Awesome job guys.

▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬Mysterium Network▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬ ▬
Decentralized   VPN   powered   by   Blockchain
JOIN THE ICO ▬▬▬ JOIN THE DISCUSSION
Jacek10

Activity: 41
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 29, 2017, 11:32:20 PM

price grows Cheesy
Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 12:29:43 AM

I have sent the request to Yobit for listing.  Should be guaranteed listing provided they don't run into any issues compiling.
Bambalam

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 03:32:50 AM

I have sent the request to Yobit for listing.  Should be guaranteed listing provided they don't run into any issues compiling.

Sweet, good move in my opinion. Although i dont really care for yobit exposure is good.

amy1284455127

Activity: 536
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 07:05:22 AM

price grows Cheesy

The current circulation is still very small!

Tera's real blockchain is simple and easy to use!
terafoundation.org
Bambalam

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 09:07:28 AM

price grows Cheesy

The current circulation is still very small!

Only a 68,000 market cap~ The price on this coin is still super cheap. Im buying more and anyone else that has some spare change should too!

wojteks102

Activity: 616
Merit: 251

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 12:16:17 PM

Why the hell Net hash rate was yesterday over 44Gh/s in some moments ?  Huh Huh Huh
Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 03:42:58 PM

Why the hell Net hash rate was yesterday over 44Gh/s in some moments ?  Huh Huh Huh
Probably larger miners trying to grab coins during a low difficulty period.  
Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 03:45:47 PM

I think it's important that we promote solo mining and make it as easy as possible to set up a solo mining configuration - distributed solo miners strengthen network security, and solo mining helps miners understand more about the technical underpinnings of what they're doing when they mine than pooled mining does.

To this end, I've published a public solo Stratum pool setup, suitable for low (one miner) to high (hundreds of miners) deployment, on Github at https://github.com/protinam/wyvern-solo-pool - also distributed as a Docker image - https://hub.docker.com/r/protinam/wyvern-solo-pool/. Using this image, running your very own solo Stratum pool is as easy as:

Code:
docker run -d --net=host -e POOL_PORT="12121" -e MINER_WORKER="worker" -e MINER_PASS="pass" -e DAEMON_HOST="127.0.0.1" -e DAEMON_USER="user" -e DAEMON_PASS="pass" -e DAEMON_PORT="44455" -e DEFAULT_DIFF="1.0" -e DIFF_VARIANCE="10.0" protinam/wyvern-solo-pool

See the Github repository for more information - and file an issue if you'd like any functionality added.

I additionally plan to package up a complete image for solo daemon and pool setup on a VPS / EC2 / etc. - anyone who's interested in solo mining, can you let me know what distribution formats would be convenient? AMI? Docker-compose setup? Something else?
I'll add this to the OP.  I think docker is easiest to use for the image.
Queen B

Activity: 21

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 03:48:53 PM

Currently clone of which coin?
Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 05:26:50 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2017, 06:34:40 PM by Nukeless

ColonelClink has been hard at work getting a mining pool setup.  This is our official dev support pool and has the standard 1% donation rate.  It uses NOMP and has a clean, easy to use interface.  Check it out at http://pool.projectwyvern.com/

General info for your miner

Username: your wyvern wallet address
Password: anything
Algorithm: nist5
URL (difficulty 8 ) :stratum+tcp://pool.projectwyvern.com:3008
URL (difficulty vardiff):stratum+tcp://pool.projectwyvern.com:3032
URL (difficulty 256):stratum+tcp://pool.projectwyvern.com:3256

All funds received off this pool will directly support the coins development; also we need to test the pool and need sufficient hashrate to verify things are running smoothly.  
Bambalam

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 06:14:50 PM

ColonelClink has been hard at work getting a mining pool setup.  This is our official dev support pool and has the standard 1% donation rate.  It uses NOMP and has a clean, easy to use interface.  Check it out at http://pool.projectwyvern.com/

URL (difficulty varidiff):stratum+tcp://pool.projectwyvern.com:3032

All funds received off this pool will directly support the coins development; also we need to test the pool and need sufficient hashrate to verify things are running smoothly.  

Well done guys! Could you guys provide a vardiff port or perhaps a lower difficulty port? More shares = better hash-rate representation on worker stats also.

Edit: I have switched to the dev pool

Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 06:18:57 PM

Well done guys! Could you guys provide a vardiff port or perhaps a lower difficulty port? More shares = better hash-rate representation on worker stats also.

We are monitoring currently to see how it performs, we just need to get enough people on to actually stand a chance of getting blocks (suprnova is rather dominant lol)
Bambalam

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 06:21:57 PM

We are monitoring currently to see how it performs, we just need to get enough people on to actually stand a chance of getting blocks (suprnova is rather dominant lol)

You can have more then one port  Tongue

ColonelClink

Activity: 35

View Profile WWW
April 30, 2017, 06:30:28 PM

ColonelClink has been hard at work getting a mining pool setup.  This is our official dev support pool and has the standard 1% donation rate.  It uses NOMP and has a clean, easy to use interface.  Check it out at http://pool.projectwyvern.com/

You can have more then one port  Tongue

You might have missed the edit that shows port 3032 is actually vardiff. I originally forgot to tell Nukeless when he was making the post; sorry. Smiley
nrfmartin

Activity: 22

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 07:05:06 PM

URL (difficulty vardiff):stratum+tcp://pool.projectwyvern.com:3032

I'll connect my cloud miners to it.
Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 07:37:28 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2017, 07:58:05 PM by Nukeless

The hashrate on the dev pool is looking pretty strong already.  Smiley  EDIT: spoke too soon, back to 100mh.  Was at 400mh at the time.  At least we got a block lol.
Bambalam

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 08:22:07 PM

Yeah, my hashrate is not even registering, i have about 100MH's pointed at it but i havent gotten a single share this whole time.

Nukeless (OP)

View Profile
April 30, 2017, 08:27:46 PM

Yeah, my hashrate is not even registering, i have about 100MH's pointed at it but i havent gotten a single share this whole time.

Mine is showing up.  I only see 3 miners on here atm, and they are all from the dev team.  What config are you using?  EDIT: I think I see you on there now.  WPQqxWvXy8xxFA669cqckskUDh374PQmzB thats you right?  It's showing that address with majority shares.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: