Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 11:22:15 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Who would be in favor of implementing zerocoin tech?  (hardfork required)
yes, as soon as possible - 10 (83.3%)
yes, but later down the road - 2 (16.7%)
absolutely not - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 12

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] Wyvern: what happened and why, a message from the original dev  (Read 47094 times)
dbc23

Activity: 1036
Merit: 311

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 05:13:50 PM

My thoughts (hope) is that the team is either on Summer vacation OR they don't spend time around here.  Although I find the latter hard to believe because he was very active in months past leading up to the Wyvcorp debut.  Maybe they're just busy working on the business???

EDIT:

Just logged into Slack to check what's going on, just saw this:
"For those looking for updates: I am in the process of making minor tweaks to the wallet (add more DNS seeds, get the QR codes working by default, etc) and reskinning it. We wanted something similar to the website, (think Exodus Wallet, but more gamer-oriented). The skin needs a font and some fresh icons, so before I can make a mockup I have to get those from the design team. I have been recently assigned development of the Windows wallet, so I am setting up my build environment for Windows releases this weekend. Once the skin is done, I will crank out a new release."
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ColonelClink

Activity: 35
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 10:02:24 PM

I apologize for the lack of updates; Nukeless was on vacation and I've been dealing with some unfortunate circumstances which pushed everything in my schedule out a couple weeks: I had a friend of the family pass away unexpectedly, and I had to postpone my pending RHCE exam for a week (The exam machine then failed before the test began and I had to reschedule yet again!). However, Nukeless has returned from vacation and things have slowed down for me, so we are focusing on getting back on track.

The design team is working full steam on the WYVCorp website mockup; it will be finished this week (they are prioritizing the website over supplementary wallet graphics). I'm meeting with them tonight to obtain some screenshots for you guys; I know you're impatient, I am too! I'm also a perfectionist - an interesting paradox...

I will begin work on the skin tonight; design team delays notwithstanding, I can at least create a mockup and finish setting up my Windows build environment.

Hang in there, we're still alive and kicking!
ColonelClink

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 10:05:06 PM

Dev communication is really problematic...

http://coinminers.net supports Wyvern from the beginning but it's never listed in announcement  Huh

I am very sorry the announcement wasn't updated; it's possible we just missed your post. I will let Nukeless know to add a link.
ColonelClink

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 10:22:13 PM

For those of you who are worried about BTC devaluation, we split the holdings between BTC and ETH. So far it's been a good decision, but we're watching the market carefully. If we need to, we will split to USD as well.
ColonelClink

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 10:29:17 PM

We should come up with a way to start distributing Wyvern to gamers & other interested parties who haven't heard about it yet; get the name and brand out there some more.

Maybe miners could agree to sponsor some kind of airdrop event with proof of interest - require a Steam account, and distribute Wyvern according to hours played, for example.

Thoughts?

I agree that we need a marketing strategy; most gamers don't know Wyvern exists. The airdrop idea is interesting - would that be appealing to gamers?

Another option could be sponsorship of a tournament / player / team in eSports - maybe DOTA / CSGO / League of Legends? Any team / tournament ideas? We'd need to crowdfund the sponsorship and appoint a representative, maybe one of the coin devs.

Those are both interesting sounding ideas. I'm not familiar with airdrops, how do they work?
Encrypx

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 19, 2017, 10:39:40 PM

We should come up with a way to start distributing Wyvern to gamers & other interested parties who haven't heard about it yet; get the name and brand out there some more.

Maybe miners could agree to sponsor some kind of airdrop event with proof of interest - require a Steam account, and distribute Wyvern according to hours played, for example.

Thoughts?

I agree that we need a marketing strategy; most gamers don't know Wyvern exists. The airdrop idea is interesting - would that be appealing to gamers?

Another option could be sponsorship of a tournament / player / team in eSports - maybe DOTA / CSGO / League of Legends? Any team / tournament ideas? We'd need to crowdfund the sponsorship and appoint a representative, maybe one of the coin devs.

Those are both interesting sounding ideas. I'm not familiar with airdrops, how do they work?

Basically random rewards to anyone signed up for a service. You would airdrop (Or give) X amount of coins to a random wallet address that is signed up for a service. I beleive this is counter productive to you guys as your holdings are very limited. Value on the coin needs a significant increase before something like this would be viable.
protinam

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 10:40:35 PM

Thoughts?

An airdrop is when coins are given away for free, usually in proportionality to some previous resource or proof of identity - e.g. assigning coins based on held BTC at a certain block, which is easy to prove. That probably doesn't make sense for Wyvern, since we'd want to attract new users and particularly gamers, but maybe something analogous could work - like requiring a Steam login, and distributing proportional to hours played (or just some flat amount for a Steam account). There probably are other options of that sort; that's just the first I thought of.

Of course, this would need to be sponsored by miners - but I think that would be feasible; it's in their incentive to broaden adoption of the currency.
protinam

View Profile WWW
June 19, 2017, 11:11:30 PM

Thoughts?

Basically random rewards to anyone signed up for a service. You would airdrop (Or give) X amount of coins to a random wallet address that is signed up for a service. I beleive this is counter productive to you guys as your holdings are very limited. Value on the coin needs a significant increase before something like this would be viable.

I agree that it might be a bit early - just brainstorming ideas. I think value matters less than utility, though - probably best to wait until the online store is usable, wallets are well-tested and available for a wide selection of platforms, etc. That way new users can see what they can do with Wyvern.
ColonelClink

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 05:12:28 AM

Here's a sneak peek at the website mockup: http://imgur.com/4KsmSzs

and the planned sitemap: (still have lots of tweaks to make, so this can change in the future) http://imgur.com/kLN8nI3
supaflyx3

Activity: 63

View Profile
June 20, 2017, 12:54:08 PM

Honestly, that looks like crap and really unprofessional. Keep the website you have now.
protinam

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2017, 03:35:59 PM

Honestly, that looks like crap and really unprofessional. Keep the website you have now.

I agree - I think you could add some graphics to the site you have at the moment, which is quite clean and easy to navigate, without going that far (like the scales? on each side of the page - quite distracting).
primeval

Activity: 213
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 03:38:25 AM

Good to hear some communication again. Next time someone from the team goes on a vacation, let us know so people don't panic and dump!

I agree, the current website looks much better. Those mockups look very tacky. I'd say focus your efforts, time and resources on getting the exchange up and running, cosmetic stuff can come later.
go6ooo1212
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

quarkchain.io

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 10:57:41 AM

dump and dump is always a good strategy... Cheesy
Encrypx

Activity: 59

View Profile
June 21, 2017, 04:44:52 PM

and the planned sitemap: (still have lots of tweaks to make, so this can change in the future) http://imgur.com/kLN8nI3

Dont let comments bring you down here, but it does look pretty unprofessional. The website seems to focus on the coin rather than an exchange which is what i thought we were going for. Anyway, still invested and wont dump. Im excited for the wallet Smiley
Equalizer1970

Activity: 623
Merit: 500

Fortune favours the bold!

View Profile
June 22, 2017, 05:47:51 AM

Those dumpers will feel very stupid when wyvern rockets up in the next few months. ADD traders, I guess. Chase the shiny ball.
primeval

Activity: 213
Merit: 104

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 04:21:31 AM

Those dumpers will feel very stupid when wyvern rockets up in the next few months. ADD traders, I guess. Chase the shiny ball.

I think it's mostly ADD miners. Wyvern is way more profitable to mine than Ethereum. Might just be the most profitable GPU mining coin out there! So they are just cashing in the rewards. They are too stupid to regret it, they'll move on to other coins and dump those. Good news for accumulators then, as the price is being kept low!

Of course, there's a chance nothing ever comes of this, but the reward to risk ratio is pretty high.
ColonelClink

View Profile WWW
June 23, 2017, 06:22:05 AM

Dont let comments bring you down here, but it does look pretty unprofessional. The website seems to focus on the coin rather than an exchange which is what i thought we were going for. Anyway, still invested and wont dump. Im excited for the wallet Smiley

Thanks for the feedback guys; I unwittingly posted the wrong image for the mockup. It was supposed to be a screenshot of the store, but Nukeling and I had miscommunicated with the dev team, and as a result they left out the store page. It should be done this weekend.

I agree with most of the points brought up; it does need work. I have to clarify something here though: The framework for the exchange is mostly complete, so we're working on visuals. The point was not to have a finished product, but rather to create a proof of concept to allow us to do layout planning. This is the first iteration of a design for the market site that will be on exchange.projectwyvern.com (currently non-operational). The look and feel will change as we refine the concept.  We can't simply modify the www.projectwyvern.com site as it hosted on SquareSpace (it needs to be migrated to our VPS instead).

Again, thanks for the feedback, we'll keep revising until it's good.
Neon~

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:16:32 PM

Hi Dev, please add the below Wyvern pool to ANN page.

Wyvern pool: http://neonpool.sytes.net

Miners are welcome  Smiley
sparkweb

Activity: 148

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 02:39:06 PM

Good pool I got 80 WYV  Cheesy

Neon~

Activity: 275
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 23, 2017, 03:21:29 PM

Good pool I got 80 WYV  Cheesy

Thanks for the positive feedback. I've reduced the minimum payout to 0.1 WYV for early payouts.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 »
  Print  

Jump to: