Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:40:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin has potential. Beyond $50?  (Read 9296 times)
prabakharras (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 03:23:56 PM

Litecoin price is coming up
As of now its almost USD 7
https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/litecoin/usd

Eveyrbody saying its going to be USD 50.
Remember guys ladies, it used to be USD 50 back in 2013. If like every other altcoins, LTC has potential... you know what i mean

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 03:31:58 PM

back in 2015 price only took 1 day to rise 2x and go to 0.0126 and then in less than 3 weeks price continued up and reached an all time high of 0.0324BTC according to bittrex.

if history is any indication, we are the beginning of that day 1 of the pump and volume is already bigger!

i also have my theory about the Chinese big comeback after their exchanges started working again.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 03:37:43 PM

back in 2015 price only took 1 day to rise 2x and go to 0.0126 and then in less than 3 weeks price continued up and reached an all time high of 0.0324BTC according to bittrex.

if history is any indication, we are the beginning of that day 1 of the pump and volume is already bigger!

i also have my theory about the Chinese big comeback after their exchanges started working again.
it seems so nice to see this coin alive again and if your analysis is correct we needed to go and join the ride while the price is still cheap it is showing big possibility that the price will continue to rise up and hit .01 btc in no time, timing and good assessment are really needed here.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 03:42:25 PM

Remember guys ladies, it used to be USD 50 back in 2013. If like every other altcoins, LTC has potential... you know what i mean

No, back in 2013 LTC used to be $2-3 then it was pumped to $50 and then crashed to under $2. Since then it slowly recovering. As I haven't seen a sudden rapidly increasing demand for LTC I must assume this jump in price is just P&D as usual.
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:25:50 PM

No, back in 2013 LTC used to be $2-3 then it was pumped to $50 and then crashed to under $2. Since then it slowly recovering. As I haven't seen a sudden rapidly increasing demand for LTC I must assume this jump in price is just P&D as usual.

I agree that this is usually a P&D currently, because everybody wanted to make money out of their BTC before BCU took place (I mean everyone was scared about it, but it didn't make anything happen so hazardous to BTC), so they moved their BTC into alts and this is just one of those coins which got pumped for no reasons.
hansen.ng

Activity: 632
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 05:02:13 PM

IT still has huge followers and top 10 on coinmarketcap.

PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
WITH BITCOIN'S HASHRATE

POWERS SuperNET
TECHNOLOGY
░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 05:06:12 PM

You are missing a major point here. BTC dominance dropped to all time low - ~67%. Many "shady" coins got "attention" (read pump & dump schemes) and it was just a matter of time for LTC to catch up. Yes, it may be some pump (haven't read the news lately), but who cares when we're talking about one of the few good altcoins? Let it reach $500, not $50 - its all deserved!

marcdk

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 05:31:06 PM

And I was just about to buy some the other day... Hate to buy coins when they are on their way up.. Pretty dangerous
hankyulpark

Activity: 70
Merit: 10

https://boscoin.io

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 06:31:52 PM

LTC was one of the first altcoins trying to fill a gap in BTC (block generation time and other stuff). Despite its success, other altcoins emerged with a better proposition to add value (ETH, DASH, etc), wich reflected on their value in comparison to LTC.
LTC potential is directed linked to its ability to become more popular in the business world. We need to keep an eye on it and search for any news about a major company really backing LTC.

▂▃▅▆█ https://boscoin.io █▆▅▃▂
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 06:59:12 PM

This is just the yearly pump and dump nothing to get your panties in a wad about.

iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:01:18 PM

Re: Litecoin has potential. Beyond $50?

I think it is going back to $50 if not higher. My reasons are.

This is just the yearly pump and dump nothing to get your panties in a wad about.

I don't think so. Read my reasons.
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 07:56:58 PM

I don't think so. Read my reasons.

Mmm....

I'm presuming it doesn't have the economies-of-scale of SHA256 ASICs, because the demand has been 1/50th for such a long time.

I think that the computational power in Bitcoin network is like 60k+ greater than the top 500 supercomputers in the world combined. Not going to bother myself with calculations, but I think that the difference is much higher...

P.S. LTC will have its days...

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 09:40:56 PM

great coin. pump and dump.

nothing else.

it could be a really big one.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 10:01:26 PM

nothing else.

Did you read my analysis  Huh
d@nte

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 10:28:09 PM

nothing else.
There's something else there, look at the volume.

Did you read my analysis  Huh
Good points mate.
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 10:52:27 PM

and etc managed volumes well over 100,000 btc, then it went and did nothing for a long, long time when it went back to a fraction of that volume.

Did you read my analysis  Huh

you're way more intelligent than me. i just call it how i see it. nothing has changed since a few days ago other than this pump.

i think litecoin is the only alt that deserves to supersede bitcoin. it's just as honest, faster and hopefully less fractious, but i don't see this current action being anything but the same as every other explosion in recent times.
bitjoin

Activity: 1372
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 10:52:47 PM

Look at the break out candle dude, its already had a chance to go down and survived. All the conditions are perfect, the volume is huge. Can we break $50 i wonder.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
.....5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y......
|     TWITTER     |    TELEGRAM    |     DISCORD     |
....JOIN NOW....
iamnotback

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 10:54:34 PM

and etc managed volumes well over 100,000 btc, then it went and did nothing for a long, long time when it went back to a fraction of that volume.

Wasn't that due to the DAO attack?

Did you read my analysis  Huh

i am not intelligent enough to take it all in. you know way more than me. i just call it how i see it.

The game theory and economics is such that SegWit softfork (necessary for enabling the scaling of Lightning Networks) can't be enabled on Bitcoin. Stalemate is the indefinite status quo.

Litecoin (at its current market cap and situation at this juncture in time) has different game theory and economics, thus it hypothetically can enable SegWit and get rolling on scaling.

Ostensibly I threw out the hypothesis that the whales and miners have been (as quietly as possible) accumulating (both LTC and Scrypt ASICs) in order to prepare for a massive upward revaluation of Litecoin as the scaling option to Bitcoin's strict small block future.

This is very speculative (and rushed) analysis and lacking thorough due diligence.
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 11:02:53 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2017, 11:14:02 PM by European Central Bank

The game theory is such that SegWit softfork (necessary for enabling the scaling of Lightning Networks) can't be enabled on Bitcoin. Stalemate is the indefinite status quo.

Litecoin (at its current market cap and situation at this juncture in time) has different game theory and it hypothetically can enable SegWit and get rolling on scaling.

obviously pools and the distribution of hashing is different to bitcoin, but surely they're closely interrelated in china at least. i would assume that bitcoin segwit blockers might attempt to influence the same stance on ltc.

that being said litecoin people seem to be more active and vocal about finding ways to get segwit going. i really hope they pull it off for the sake of all crypto.

Wasn't that due to the DAO attack?

i'm not sure about the timings. i assume it was a little while after. the dao attack inspired a huge pumps in other alts that had never seen much action before. just goes to show that there's a pool of money out there looking to pour into anything where there's some profit to be had. that's what i think applies to ltc as well right now but let's see how it plays out. it may well settle a bunch higher than it is now regardless.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 11:17:26 PM

obviously pools and the distribution of hashing is different to bitcoin, but surely they're closely interrelated in china at least. i would assume that bitcoin segwit blockers might attempt to influence the same stance on ltc.

They may want you to think that, but the reality is the economic reality.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: