Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 09:22:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  
Author Topic: Litecoin has potential. Beyond $50?  (Read 9296 times)
prabakharras (OP)

Activity: 546
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 03:23:56 PM

Litecoin price is coming up
As of now its almost USD 7
https://www.coingecko.com/en/price_charts/litecoin/usd

Eveyrbody saying its going to be USD 50.
Remember guys ladies, it used to be USD 50 back in 2013. If like every other altcoins, LTC has potential... you know what i mean

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Red-Apple

Activity: 1470
Merit: 655

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 03:31:58 PM

back in 2015 price only took 1 day to rise 2x and go to 0.0126 and then in less than 3 weeks price continued up and reached an all time high of 0.0324BTC according to bittrex.

if history is any indication, we are the beginning of that day 1 of the pump and volume is already bigger!

i also have my theory about the Chinese big comeback after their exchanges started working again.

--signature space for rent; sent PM--
Golftech

Activity: 2128
Merit: 520

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 03:37:43 PM

back in 2015 price only took 1 day to rise 2x and go to 0.0126 and then in less than 3 weeks price continued up and reached an all time high of 0.0324BTC according to bittrex.

if history is any indication, we are the beginning of that day 1 of the pump and volume is already bigger!

i also have my theory about the Chinese big comeback after their exchanges started working again.
it seems so nice to see this coin alive again and if your analysis is correct we needed to go and join the ride while the price is still cheap it is showing big possibility that the price will continue to rise up and hit .01 btc in no time, timing and good assessment are really needed here.
Snail2
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 03:42:25 PM

Remember guys ladies, it used to be USD 50 back in 2013. If like every other altcoins, LTC has potential... you know what i mean

No, back in 2013 LTC used to be $2-3 then it was pumped to $50 and then crashed to under $2. Since then it slowly recovering. As I haven't seen a sudden rapidly increasing demand for LTC I must assume this jump in price is just P&D as usual.
nizamcc
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 04:25:50 PM

No, back in 2013 LTC used to be $2-3 then it was pumped to $50 and then crashed to under $2. Since then it slowly recovering. As I haven't seen a sudden rapidly increasing demand for LTC I must assume this jump in price is just P&D as usual.

I agree that this is usually a P&D currently, because everybody wanted to make money out of their BTC before BCU took place (I mean everyone was scared about it, but it didn't make anything happen so hazardous to BTC), so they moved their BTC into alts and this is just one of those coins which got pumped for no reasons.
hansen.ng

Activity: 632

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 05:02:13 PM

IT still has huge followers and top 10 on coinmarketcap.

PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
WITH BITCOIN'S HASHRATE

POWERS SuperNET
TECHNOLOGY
░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀█████████
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░████████
░░░░▄███████▄░░░░████████
░░░░███████████░░░░██████
░░░▀███████████░░░░████░░
███▄░░░░░░░░░░▀████░░░███░░██
█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████░░░██░░██
█████████████▄░░████░░░░░
░░█████████████░░█████
░░░░█████████▀░░░██████▌
░░░░░░░▀▀▀▀░░░░▄████████▌
░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄███████
SuperNET.org
spartak_t
Legendary

Activity: 1960
Merit: 1176

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 05:06:12 PM

You are missing a major point here. BTC dominance dropped to all time low - ~67%. Many "shady" coins got "attention" (read pump & dump schemes) and it was just a matter of time for LTC to catch up. Yes, it may be some pump (haven't read the news lately), but who cares when we're talking about one of the few good altcoins? Let it reach $500, not $50 - its all deserved!

marcdk

Activity: 79
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 05:31:06 PM

And I was just about to buy some the other day... Hate to buy coins when they are on their way up.. Pretty dangerous
hankyulpark

Activity: 70

https://boscoin.io

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 06:31:52 PM

LTC was one of the first altcoins trying to fill a gap in BTC (block generation time and other stuff). Despite its success, other altcoins emerged with a better proposition to add value (ETH, DASH, etc), wich reflected on their value in comparison to LTC.
LTC potential is directed linked to its ability to become more popular in the business world. We need to keep an eye on it and search for any news about a major company really backing LTC.

▂▃▅▆█ https://boscoin.io █▆▅▃▂
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1164

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 06:59:12 PM

This is just the yearly pump and dump nothing to get your panties in a wad about.

iamnotback

Activity: 336
Merit: 265

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 07:01:18 PM

Re: Litecoin has potential. Beyond $50?

I think it is going back to $50 if not higher. My reasons are.

This is just the yearly pump and dump nothing to get your panties in a wad about.

I don't think so. Read my reasons.
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
March 30, 2017, 07:56:58 PM

I don't think so. Read my reasons.

Mmm....

I'm presuming it doesn't have the economies-of-scale of SHA256 ASICs, because the demand has been 1/50th for such a long time.

I think that the computational power in Bitcoin network is like 60k+ greater than the top 500 supercomputers in the world combined. Not going to bother myself with calculations, but I think that the difference is much higher...

P.S. LTC will have its days...

European Central Bank
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1087

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 09:40:56 PM

great coin. pump and dump.

nothing else.

it could be a really big one.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 10:01:26 PM

nothing else.

Did you read my analysis  Huh
d@nte

Activity: 490
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 10:28:09 PM

nothing else.
There's something else there, look at the volume.

Did you read my analysis  Huh
Good points mate.
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 10:52:27 PM

and etc managed volumes well over 100,000 btc, then it went and did nothing for a long, long time when it went back to a fraction of that volume.

Did you read my analysis  Huh

you're way more intelligent than me. i just call it how i see it. nothing has changed since a few days ago other than this pump.

i think litecoin is the only alt that deserves to supersede bitcoin. it's just as honest, faster and hopefully less fractious, but i don't see this current action being anything but the same as every other explosion in recent times.
bitjoin

Activity: 1372

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 10:52:47 PM

Look at the break out candle dude, its already had a chance to go down and survived. All the conditions are perfect, the volume is huge. Can we break $50 i wonder.

THE BEST IN SPACE
AUTO-COMPOUNDING DEFI 3.0
PROTOCOL ON BSC
▀█▄▄▄                                                                      ▄▄▄█▀
▀██
████▄▄▄                                                          ▄▄▄██████▀
▀▀███
██████▄▄▄                                              ▄▄▄█████████▀▀
▀▀████
████████▄▄▄                                ▄▄▄████████████▀▀
▀████████████████▄ ▄▄                  ▄▄ ▄████████████████▀
████████████████████▄▄          ▄▄████████████████████
▀█████████████████████        █████████████████████▀
▀████
███████████████▌      ▐███████████████
████▀
▀▀█████████
██████████████████
█████████▀▀
▀████████████████████████████████▀

▀███████████████████████████▀

▀██
█████ ███    ███ ███████▀
▀▀███   ██    ██   ███▀▀
.....5 0 1 , 6 5 2 %   A P Y......
|     TWITTER     |    TELEGRAM    |     DISCORD     |
....JOIN NOW....
iamnotback

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 10:54:34 PM

and etc managed volumes well over 100,000 btc, then it went and did nothing for a long, long time when it went back to a fraction of that volume.

Wasn't that due to the DAO attack?

Did you read my analysis  Huh

i am not intelligent enough to take it all in. you know way more than me. i just call it how i see it.

The game theory and economics is such that SegWit softfork (necessary for enabling the scaling of Lightning Networks) can't be enabled on Bitcoin. Stalemate is the indefinite status quo.

Litecoin (at its current market cap and situation at this juncture in time) has different game theory and economics, thus it hypothetically can enable SegWit and get rolling on scaling.

Ostensibly I threw out the hypothesis that the whales and miners have been (as quietly as possible) accumulating (both LTC and Scrypt ASICs) in order to prepare for a massive upward revaluation of Litecoin as the scaling option to Bitcoin's strict small block future.

This is very speculative (and rushed) analysis and lacking thorough due diligence.
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 11:02:53 PM
Last edit: March 30, 2017, 11:14:02 PM by European Central Bank

The game theory is such that SegWit softfork (necessary for enabling the scaling of Lightning Networks) can't be enabled on Bitcoin. Stalemate is the indefinite status quo.

Litecoin (at its current market cap and situation at this juncture in time) has different game theory and it hypothetically can enable SegWit and get rolling on scaling.

obviously pools and the distribution of hashing is different to bitcoin, but surely they're closely interrelated in china at least. i would assume that bitcoin segwit blockers might attempt to influence the same stance on ltc.

that being said litecoin people seem to be more active and vocal about finding ways to get segwit going. i really hope they pull it off for the sake of all crypto.

Wasn't that due to the DAO attack?

i'm not sure about the timings. i assume it was a little while after. the dao attack inspired a huge pumps in other alts that had never seen much action before. just goes to show that there's a pool of money out there looking to pour into anything where there's some profit to be had. that's what i think applies to ltc as well right now but let's see how it plays out. it may well settle a bunch higher than it is now regardless.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 11:17:26 PM

obviously pools and the distribution of hashing is different to bitcoin, but surely they're closely interrelated in china at least. i would assume that bitcoin segwit blockers might attempt to influence the same stance on ltc.

They may want you to think that, but the reality is the economic reality.
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 11:23:19 PM

They may want you to think that, but the reality is the economic reality.

could well be, but i'll stick with my original assertion that there is an indiscriminate mountain of money prowling poloniex and other markets that doesn't care about politics, macro economics, the future of a coin, the features of a coin, or anything about a coin at all. it wants profit and right now ltc is the vehicle for that.

it might inspire and drive some changes in positions and fundamentals but right now that's the only thing driving this train imo. let's see.

where you're seeing complex motives, which may well be totally correct, the motive of straightforward short term greed is always a dependable benchmark too and extremely powerful in its own right. maybe these people are unwitting puppets, but they may be gone and on to the next coin before any long term plans reach the next stage of fruition.

then again, that could be a plan in itself. i'll leave the strategic thinking to you.
andron8383

Activity: 333

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 11:36:18 PM

it might inspire and drive some changes in positions and fundamentals but right now that's the only thing driving this train imo. let's see.

I agree i can add that with whole traffic jam only ETH was used as alternative to BTC is faster and have much better liquidity:
LTC has even doped in transaction those days 3500-2500 while ETh jumped from 60k to 120k and keeping uptrend.
Look like that uptrend is corelated with price : )... LTC is just PURE PUMP can be good pump who knows.
i won't touch coin that was dead by 4 years and now jumped.

LTC looks like abandoned Chinaman chain that got some fresh money pump.
This is last pasrt of pump BTC has shown weakness bad to BTC,
Same time 50% ETH volume is in USD so will be HARDER to dump it parallel with bitcoin.

Users have spoken ETH won 2-ndary alt competition in gaining market share.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1848487.0
machinek20

Activity: 840
Merit: 501

View Profile
March 30, 2017, 11:46:33 PM

It is still far from reaching 50$ litecoin doesnt has a good growth and improvement, it needs more attention if the coin want to be reaching 50$, but i am quite pessimistic about it, there is no significant movement from the coin since last year
zeusk

Activity: 31
Merit: 1

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 12:19:57 AM

I agree i can add that with whole traffic jam only ETH was used as alternative to BTC is faster and have much better liquidity:
LTC has even doped in transaction those days 3500-2500 while ETh jumped from 60k to 120k and keeping uptrend.
Look like that uptrend is corelated with price : )... LTC is just PURE PUMP can be good pump who knows.
i won't touch coin that was dead by 4 years and now jumped.

LTC looks like abandoned Chinaman chain that got some fresh money pump.
This is last pasrt of pump BTC has shown weakness bad to BTC,
Same time 50% ETH volume is in USD so will be HARDER to dump it parallel with bitcoin.

Users have spoken ETH won 2-ndary alt competition in gaining market share.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1848487.0

Dude im trying to take you seriously. But your LITERALLY talking gibberish. Please use better spelling/grammer then it will be more clear that you are nothing but  a butt-hurt ETH fanboy. #Idiot
zeusk

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 12:26:16 AM

It is still far from reaching 50$ litecoin doesnt has a good growth and improvement, it needs more attention if the coin want to be reaching 50$, but i am quite pessimistic about it, there is no significant movement from the coin since last year

Segwit around the corner? Tradeable on Coinbase VERY soon ? On GDAX already and licenced in NYC ? The USDT (tether) announcement today? The most popular coin (other than BTC) in China ? No more margin trading in China and SPOT trades only possible = upsurge in DEMAND, The fact its a LEGIT coin (no scandals/scams) with a respected creator who is heavily connected and ready to mobilize the EAST and the WEST ? The only real hedge against a Bitcoin HF ? i can keep going with more "fundementals".

Litecoin will hit triple digits before 2018. Mark my words!
AusKipper

Activity: 98

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 01:32:02 AM

Yesterday morning in a Slack chat with someone I said:

auskipper
9:56 AM
i dont know how litecoin manages to keep their price so consistant
9:56
maybe they have a super whale with a massive sell wall at $4.50 and a massive buy wall at $3.80 or something

And now look what has happened lol....

crypticj

Activity: 873
Merit: 268

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 04:00:31 AM

Litecoin is getting pumped because new ASICs are coming/selling online. They need to flush the hardware inventory at pretty high price for suckers... so they pump LTC and once all the hardware is sold gravity takes over.

I am sure because of the pump last night a lot of people ordered A4 dominators or other notable LTC hardware.
iamnotback

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 04:48:24 AM
Last edit: March 31, 2017, 05:00:23 AM by iamnotback

Litecoin is getting pumped because new ASICs are coming/selling online. They need to flush the hardware inventory at pretty high price for suckers... so they pump LTC and once all the hardware is sold gravity takes over.

I am sure because of the pump last night a lot of people ordered A4 dominators or other notable LTC hardware.

So the new (higher efficiency) ASICs supply is limited. Exactly fits my hypothesis! By raising the price to a new level with SegWit activation, they will maximize their revenue if they have quietly locked up all the coming supply of new ASICs.

Are you claiming the SegWit activation isn't coming?

You see by getting all these miners hooked into an investment where they need higher prices, then they need to activate SegWit. It is a very clever strategy.

Re: Sell Your Bitcoin Sell Your Ethereum Sell Dash Sell Everything And Buy Litecoin!

I sold at 7 because this is a pump and dump.

Are you sure about that? Guaranteed it is going down?

$208m volume today on a $332m mcap. Is that volume manipulation on all the 17 major exchanges it trades on  Huh
BitcoinHodler

Activity: 1456
Merit: 578

HODLing is an art, not just a word...

View Profile
March 31, 2017, 11:27:35 AM

the $50 will come down to the Chinese and how they will perform in the following days. it has always been like this.
remember the LTC halving pump? liteocin was on a good path up and suddenly someone over in China let lose of the bags on the market and crushed the price Smiley as if they don't know why a slow sell to get most profit means!

but so far we are good and the rise seems to be starting. hope to see LTC go higher, it really deserves it more than the rest of them.

Holding Bitcoin More Every Day
iamnotback

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 06:47:40 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2017, 07:06:38 PM by iamnotback

the $50 will come down to the Chinese and how they will perform in the following days. it has always been like this.
remember the LTC halving pump? liteocin was on a good path up and suddenly someone over in China let lose of the bags on the market and crushed the price Smiley as if they don't know why a slow sell to get most profit means!

but so far we are good and the rise seems to be starting. hope to see LTC go higher, it really deserves it more than the rest of them.

Litecoin offered no compelling need to exist before the SegWit impasse. Now it has a very, very important reason to exist.

Chinaman mining industry was keeping Litecoin low to prevent any serious competition to Bitcoin, and to prepare to have the power that they have now to incentivize activation of compelling protocol changes by allowing the LTC price to rise which causes ASIC demand to outstrip supply. I explained the dynamics upthread. The mining industry makes a huge profit with this move. The Chinaman is a chess player.

Re-reading all my posts (and clicking all links in posts) in this thread and the other thread, will bring holistic understanding.

@franky1 those who manufacture Scrypt ASICs and those who have pre-ordered the new generation of Scrypt ASICs will also profit.

You might be correct that Antpool is the odd man out, but creating more demand for limited fab space probably means their existing stock of ASICs becomes more valuable. When mining farms for Bitcoin (or Litecoin) can't ramp up difficulty fast enough to keep up with price rises, then all existing miners earn more profit throughout the industry.

By eliminating the stalemate on Bitcoin by getting SegWit activated on Litecoin, this frees up Bitcoin to move to $2000+ because scaling will be provided by the ecosystem. And I already explained in the other thread that the tail doesn't wag the dog in finance, thus scaling on Litecoin will drive demand for Bitcoin up by the power brokers who must use Bitcoin (because of the reasons I stated).

I am not sure how Bitcoin traders will initially react to scaling going exclusively to Litecoin, maybe they might sell Bitcoin, but later they will come to understand that Bitcoin grows as its altcoins grow. The ecosystem is symbiotic. MPEx the Bitcoin options and stock exchange was capturing a percentage of all the speculation waves in all altcoin tokens, not just Bitcoin.
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 06:58:46 PM

Chinaman smart, Chinaman has much $$$, BTC, ASICs and Doge!

Litekorn-Jesus

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 08:07:54 PM

Don´t sell your LTC below 100$! Huge things are happening backstage!
Miketaz

Activity: 19

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 08:18:29 PM

So there's a few scenarios I see here.

Litecoin activates SegWit, Bitcoin follows suit.
Litecoin will most certainly rise from current levels, significantly.

Litecoin activates SegWit, Bitcoin activates BU
Money will pour out of Bitcoin (at least in the beginning) into Litecoin and other alts on hard-fork fear. Litecoin will rise.

Litecoin doesn't activate SegWit
Don't see why this would happen but in this scenario Litecoin would probably drop.

Conclusion:
If Litecoin activates SegWit it will rise significantly no matter how the dice are rolled.

BUY LITECOIN Grin
BitcoinNational
Legendary

Merit: 1010

Join The Blockchain Revolution In Logistics

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 08:30:58 PM

$50
lolz
here's simple math, do your own homework.

IF LTC hits $50, uno is just the same.
Catch a tiger by the tail.
Eventually.

▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
           ▄████▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▄
         ▄████████████████▄▄▄███████
       ▄█████████████████████████████
     ▄████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████████▄
   ▄████████▀█▀███▀        ███████████
 ▄████████▀███             ███████████
▄███████▀████                ██████████▄
███████████▀                  ██████████
 ██████▄████                   ██████▄███
  ██████▄████                 ▄█████████
   ██████▄████              ▄██████████
    ██████▄█████▄▄▄▄▄     ▄████████▀
     ██████▄████████████▄████████▀█▀██▀
      ██████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀█▀██▀
       ██████████████████████▀█▀█▀
         ▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
                      ▀██▀▀
─────────────────
Revolutionized.  ──

█████████████████████████
██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ █████████████▀█████ ██
██ ███ ▀█████▀      ▀█ ██
██ ███     ▀▀      ▐██ ██
██ ███▌            ███ ██
██ ████▌          ▄███ ██
██ ██████       ▄█████ ██
██ ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██
██ ████████████▀▀▀████ ██
██ ████████▀▀     ████ ██
██ █████▀    ▄▀  ▐████ ██
██ ██▀     ▄▀    ▐████ ██
██ ████▄▄ █▀     █████ ██
██ ██████ ▄▄█   ▐█████ ██
██ ████████████ ██████ ██
██ ███████████████████ ██
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.WHITEPAPER.
ANN Thread
Reddit

█████
██
██ █
██ █
██ █
   █

─────────────  Join
SMARC token ICO

█████
   ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █ ██
 █
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 08:41:55 PM

I think you guys are getting ahead of yourselves.

I looked up Litecoin on bitinfocharts:

https://bitinfocharts.com/

Transactions were only 5552 in the last 24 hours, compared to 82378 for Ethereum and 265,345 for bitcoin.

Despite the hype about segwit on litecoin, nobody is using it.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
iamnotback

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 09:30:45 PM

You haven't read my hypothesis.
alyssa85
Legendary

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 09:46:46 PM

I have. You said that the scaling would go to Litecoin. But it hasn't, as evidenced by their pitiful transactions. It's no point having a feature that no-one uses.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
iamnotback

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 10:27:32 PM

I have. You said that the scaling would go to Litecoin. But it hasn't, as evidenced by their pitiful transactions. It's no point having a feature that no-one uses.

You haven't understood then. Try again.
mining1

Activity: 532

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 10:54:44 PM

@alyssa85, it's a mix of hype (btc can't activate it, ltc can) plus the fact that segwit enables LN, plus new asic miners which are extremely efficient so the miners will benefit alot from these miners and higher prices. Plus the fact that most ltc is in chinese hands therefore they control most of the supply which means they can pump it alot, and the fact that they mine it is a double win. I think this is why @iamnotback thinks ltc may reach ATH, assuming segwit's activating.

Other projects with segwit don't matter because they are too small, no network effect, no brand recognition, etc. Did i miss anything ?
iamnotback

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 11:19:13 PM

@alyssa85, it's a mix of hype (btc can't activate it, ltc can) plus the fact that segwit enables LN, plus new asic miners which are extremely efficient so the miners will benefit alot from these miners and higher prices. Plus the fact that most ltc is in chinese hands therefore they control most of the supply which means they can pump it alot, and the fact that they mine it is a double win. I think this is why @iamnotback thinks ltc may reach ATH, assuming segwit's activating.

Other projects with segwit don't matter because they are too small, no network effect, no brand recognition, etc. Did i miss anything ?

Speculation is future looking. If Litecoin gets LN and Bitcoin doesn't, then LN is the top contender for (private fractional reserve banking) scaling that will be acceptable to those who support only Satoshi's PoW.

Ethereum is next best contender for LN clone Raiden, but Ethereum is for a different crowd of speculators who believe in more uses for blockchain than just payments. Not for the conservative Bitcoin maximalists. I'll be trading some back into ETH (taking profits to recover original investment and let the rest ride) after the big move up in LTC, if I am correct about that. (Otherwise I'll be licking my wounds)

After that is bunch of dogshit coins that nobody (who knows technology of blockchains well) gives a hoot about except to pump and dump, except maybe Monero and Zcash but I'm waiting for a re-entry point in Monero below $15.
Pattberry

Activity: 448

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 11:27:17 PM

The main reason for it is because it is not having a big fan following when it comes to mining and since there are many options people are more interested in other coins rather than in Litecoin,i really do believe that the coin is under valued and i still cannot understand why there is no significant movement in it when we saw all the major coins had a good rally.
mining1

View Profile
April 01, 2017, 11:43:20 PM

Apparently f2pool didn't make an april fools joke, they continue to signal..
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
April 01, 2017, 11:45:59 PM
Last edit: April 01, 2017, 11:59:00 PM by spartak_t

Not sure if you are closely following SW's activation on Bitcoin, but there are additional 7% of world's hashrate (which is like 10k times x top 500 supercomputers computational power combined), which are now signaling it in the past 144 blocks. So 45% of the miners are signaling SW as we speak...

iamnotback

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 12:19:08 AM

A chart communicates more effectively than 1000 words...
kryptqnick
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1385

Join the world-leading crypto sportsbook NOW!

View Profile
April 02, 2017, 09:12:36 AM

I think lite pin is the first and the best btc clone, so it may become great again. At least, it is protected from inflation.
Okay, so they are built on the same platform and are very alike. You say one can't go up without another one. But btc is now above a thousand and litecoin has a really low price. How is possible? I believe the connection is not as strong as you say it is.

▄▄███████▄███████▄▄▄
 █████████████
▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄▄
███████████████
       ▀▀███▄
███████████████
          ▀███
 █████████████
             ███
███████████▀▀               ███
███                         ███
███                         ███
 ███                       ███
  ███▄                   ▄███
   ▀███▄▄             ▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀▀
         ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
░░░████▄▄▄▄
░▄▄░
▄▄███████▄▀█████▄▄
██▄████▌▐█▌█████▄██
████▀▄▄▄▌███░▄▄▄▀████
██████▄▄▄█▄▄▄██████
█░███████░▐█▌░███████░█
▀▀██▀░██░▐█▌░██░▀██▀▀
▄▄▄░█▀░█░██░▐█▌░██░█░▀█░▄▄▄
██▀░░░░▀██░▐█▌░██▀░░░░▀██
▀██
█████▄███▀▀██▀▀███▄███████▀
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀▀▀███████████▀▀▀▀
▄▄██████▄▄
▀█▀
█  █▀█▀
  ▄█  ██  █▄  ▄
█ ▄█ █▀█▄▄█▀█ █▄ █
▀▄█ █ ███▄▄▄▄███ █ █▄▀
▀▀ █    ▄▄▄▄    █ ▀▀
   ██████   █
█     ▀▀     █
▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄
▄ ██████▀▀██████ ▄
▄████████ ██ ████████▄
▀▀███████▄▄███████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
█████████████LEADING CRYPTO SPORTSBOOK & CASINO█████████████
MULTI
CURRENCY
1500+
CASINO GAMES
CRYPTO EXCLUSIVE
CLUBHOUSE
FAST & SECURE
PAYMENTS
..PLAY NOW!..
jjacob
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1026

★Nitrogensports.eu★

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 12:03:30 AM

Not sure if you are closely following SW's activation on Bitcoin, but there are additional 7% of world's hashrate (which is like 10k times x top 500 supercomputers computational power combined), which are now signaling it in the past 144 blocks. So 45% of the miners are signaling SW as we speak...

I wouldn't place too much emphasis on this. This has varied wildly.
Support for SW's activation on Bitcoin in the last 144 blocks (at this point in time) is only 30%.

█████████████████     ████████
       ████████              ████████
     ████████     ███████  ████████     ████████
    ████████     █████████████████     ████████
████████     ████████  ███████     ████████
          ████████     █████████████████
▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
▬▬ THE LARGEST & MOST TRUSTED ▬▬
      BITCOIN SPORTSBOOK     
   ▄▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██     
██
██
             ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▄
     ▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀        ▀▄▄▄▄           
▄▀▀▀▀                 █   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄
█                    ▀▄          █
 █   ▀▌     ██▄        █          █               
 ▀▄        ▐████▄       █        █
  █        ███████▄     ▀▄       █
   █      ▐████▄█████████████████████▄
   ▀▄     ███████▀                  ▀██
    █      ▀█████    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
     █       ▀███   ████      ████   ██
     ▀▄        ██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
      █        ██        ▄██▄        ██
       █       ██        ▀██▀        ██
       ▀▄      ██    ▄▄        ▄▄    ██
        █      ██   ████      ████   ██
         █▄▄▄▄▀██    ▀▀        ▀▀    ██
               ██▄                  ▄██
                ▀████████████████████▀

CASINO  ●  DICE  ●  POKER   
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
   24 hour Customer Support   

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
FOMOFish

Activity: 61

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 12:07:58 AM

With or without full SegWit implementation, I expect ltc to hit $10 usd as a minimum. Imho I expect a breach of the 0.01 psychological level this year. Although I tped Ltc spot purchased from 41k, at 80k. I have begun scaling back into ltc for a tp 1 at 0.01 and a tp 0.012 and tp 3 at 0.015. Ltc is one of the most trusted chinese cryptos next to btc, with an old history. The chinese will not let ltc doom without another pump.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 02:02:21 AM

You said that That chart is clearly indicating that Bitcoin can't move higher until Litecoin catches up.

Care to explain more about it? I assume you you pulled that one out of a hat because it is the market that decides, under the law of supply and demand, at what price anything traded will end up, not technology. Yet it still very intriguing and I would like to hear more why you think LTC must catch up.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
OlegS

Activity: 34

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:08:17 AM

Support for SW's activation on Bitcoin in the last 144 blocks (at this point in time) is only 30%.

Where is 30%? Link please?
Segwit support is now 58% http://litecoinblockhalf.com/segwit.php
JeffBrad12

Activity: 2772
Merit: 522

Leading Crypto Sports Betting & Casino Platform

View Profile
April 03, 2017, 05:42:58 AM

You guy didn't read it for carefully. It's bitcoin SegWit.

With or without full SegWit implementation, I expect ltc to hit $10 usd as a minimum.
No SegWit, and No more innovation on LTC.

Ltc is one of the most trusted chinese cryptos next to btc, with an old history. The chinese will not let ltc doom without another pump.
Don't you remember if LTC was including on the oldest crypto? That just a common thing if the chinese will be a big place for the litecoin.
They have big hashrate of litecoin.

..Stake.com..   ▄████████████████████████████████████▄
   ██ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██  ▄████▄
   ██ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██████████ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ ██  ██████
   ██ ██████████ ██      ██ ██████████ ██   ▀██▀
   ██ ██      ██ ██████  ██ ██      ██ ██    ██
   ██ ██████  ██ █████  ███ ██████  ██ ████▄ ██
   ██ █████  ███ ████  ████ █████  ███ ████████
   ██ ████  ████ ██████████ ████  ████ ████▀
   ██ ██████████ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ██████████ ██
   ██            ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀            ██ 
   ▀█████████▀ ▄████████████▄ ▀█████████▀
  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███  ██  ██  ███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ██████████████████████████████████████████
▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄
█  ▄▀▄             █▀▀█▀▄▄
█  █▀█             █  ▐  ▐▌
█       ▄██▄       █  ▌  █
█     ▄██████▄     █  ▌ ▐▌
█    ██████████    █ ▐  █
█   ▐██████████▌   █ ▐ ▐▌
█    ▀▀██████▀▀    █ ▌ █
█     ▄▄▄██▄▄▄     █ ▌▐▌
█                  █▐ █
█                  █▐▐▌
█                  █▐█
▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▀█
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██▀▀▀▀█████▀▀▀▀██▄
▄█▀       ▐█▌       ▀█▄
██         ▐█▌         ██
████▄     ▄█████▄     ▄████
████████▄███████████▄████████
███▀    █████████████    ▀███
██       ███████████       ██
▀█▄       █████████       ▄█▀
▀█▄    ▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄  ▄▄▄█▀
▀███████         ███████▀
▀█████▄       ▄█████▀
▀▀▀███▄▄▄███▀▀▀
..PLAY NOW..
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
April 03, 2017, 07:29:13 AM

I think the Segwit will be implemented in litecoin earlier.
beerlover
Legendary

Activity: 2870
Merit: 1158

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 12:24:10 PM

On his defense maybe it got bigger in time between his post and your post. It is at 57% for now for me for example.

I think there is a big chance the segwit gets accepted, it will be amazing for testing out part, it will be like beta for bitcoin. If Litecoin uses segwit and overcomes every trouble and makes it work, than Bitcoin may follow.

.DuelbitsSPORTS.
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄██████████████████████▄
██████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████
▀████████████████████████
▀▀███████████████████
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄██
███▄█▀▄▄▀███▄█████
█████████████▀▀▀██
██▀ ▀██████████████████
███▄███████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀███████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀█▀▀▀▀
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER OF
ASTON VILLA FC
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██

██
██
██
10%   CASHBACK   
          100%   MULTICHARGER   
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
April 04, 2017, 01:59:42 PM

65% now. it really might happen pretty soon. this is gonna awesome for litecoin and all crypto if it happens.

I didn't expect it to pivot so rapidly.
iamnotback

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:20:53 AM

65% now. it really might happen pretty soon. this is gonna awesome for litecoin and all crypto if it happens.

Incorrect:

397/576 (68.92%) blocks signaling in the past 24 hours!
Spratan

Activity: 689
Merit: 507

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 06:33:02 AM

How long should it stay above 75% ?
spartak_t
Legendary

@FAILCommunity

View Profile WWW
April 05, 2017, 11:09:58 AM

How long should it stay above 75% ?

About 8k blocks for this particular activation period. You can follow the progress here: http://www.segwit.co/ltc (click on any of the activation periods (i.e. 1,2,3,4,5) and you'll see)).

alyssa85
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 01:44:06 PM

What happens if segwit is activated, but litecoin's transactions don't increase because people simply don't use it?

According to bitinfocharts:

litcoin only had 6,649 transactions in the last 24 hours. I don't think segwit is going to make a difference to that figure.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
Red-Apple

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 03:07:42 PM

What happens if segwit is activated, but litecoin's transactions don't increase because people simply don't use it?

According to bitinfocharts:

litcoin only had 6,649 transactions in the last 24 hours. I don't think segwit is going to make a difference to that figure.

Segregated Witness is not just about "increasing the number of transactions". and actually i don't think litecoin even needs that part that much.
instead it is mostly about solving a couple of things such as malleability problem. it is best if you read it here than i explain it: https://bitcoincore.org/en/2016/01/26/segwit-benefits/

iamnotback

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:20:28 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2017, 05:31:14 PM by iamnotback

It crossed 70% now!

About 1951 GH/s, or 70.4% of the network (352 out of the last 500 blocks).

The above is for the blocks in the past 21 hours, so it is slightly forward looking as compared to the 24 hour requirement.

The huge jump in price will be when the Bitcoiners realize that Bitcoin is never going to get scaling, thus they won't be able to transact any more on Bitcoin (will be too expensive) and thus Litecoin will become the transaction coin that everybody is using. This still hasn't sunk into their hard heads yet.

If you don't understand this, then you need to read all my writings and follow all my links. I don't have time to re-explain it all again.

http://reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/631ffe/pools_that_block_litecoin_development/
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 05:58:14 PM

where else will you be able to build the stuff you want on a respected platform? litecoin will be the only game in town for some very interesting ideas.
OrangeP

Activity: 358

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 10:00:24 PM

Litecoin adaption/transactions might increase if it offers a transaction cost/time advantage over bitcoin.
If you are a vendor you might easily offer LTC payments with cheaper prices than BTC. The integration should be easy.

Litecoin might become the everyday-payment method, whereas Bitcoin remains the old value store.

A price of >0.015BTC seems perfectly reasonable.

Hottest Coins: Decred, ZCoin, Waves
iamnotback

View Profile
April 05, 2017, 11:08:44 PM
Last edit: April 05, 2017, 11:50:32 PM by iamnotback

@miscreanity what I see on those charts is that Bitcoin is making lower highs and lower lows after the $1280 (isn't that a double-top from the peak intraday price in 2013?), which is short-term bearish. And the candlesticks on Litecoin are forming a wedge pattern which about to breakout, either to the upside or downside (but normally such a pattern will continue in the direction it was on, so upside breakout).

Combine that chart understanding with the fundamental understanding of Bitcoin as Nash's ideal money, and that is why I posit that Bitcoin can't move higher until Litecoin catches up.

I am hypothesizing that BTC will be range-bound (eyeballing it perhaps $800 - $1150ish), until Litecoin has clearly signaled that it is resuming its relevancy and on the way towards an ATH.

That chart is clearly indicating that Bitcoin can't move higher until Litecoin catches up.

Litecoin's price is undergoing the same technology adoption as Bitcoin and all the rest, it is just that the first hump is very volatile (because silver is more volatile than gold for the reasons I have explained). So this means Litecoin's price is going to $100+:

My prediction that BTC would remain range bound until LTC catches up, is so far proving to be true.

The simple reason for this is that the market is not stupid. The market knows that Bitcoin can't ever get any scaling improvements to its protocol. Bitcoin will forever be relegated to small blocks, because it was intended that Bitcoin be the most reliable (i.e. no experimental shit) settlement layer for the power brokers of finance. As the fee per transaction rises to $10 on Bitcoin over this year (and let's guess $100 per transaction by 2019), then most of us will not transact on Bitcoin any more. We will transact on Litecoin. And Blockstream will transfer its efforts to Litecoin, which will give Litecoin legitimacy.

So Bitcoin can't move higher until it is assured that Litecoin will provide the scaling solutions that our ecosystem needs so that blockchains can begin to invade the mainstream world of payments systems and fractional reserve banking. Upthread I explained why Ripple is dogshit, so I expect once it becomes clear that Litecoin will have Lightning Networks coming, then Ripple will collapse. So the smart money should be moving from Ripple to Litecoin.

Note the current jump to $12 looks like it might be overheated and too fast, so I'd be cautious about buying too much too fast. Average in your buys in case we get a dip, but do get some now (nibble) if you don't have any because price can run higher yet. Yet I remain adamant that Litecoin is easily going to exceed $30 and probably $100 before the end of this year, unless somehow SegWit activation is defeated. At the moment SegWit signaling is at 70.8% for those blocks in the last 21 hours. We are very close.

Some myopic people haven't realized that Litecoin needs scaling because it will be receiving all the excess volume from Bitcoin that can't fit in Bitcoin's small blocks, and because the volume will increase exponentially with Lightning Networks enabling private fractional reserve banking and the banks will evangelize Litecoin ecoins to the masses. Litecoin either grabs this opportunity, else Ethereum will take this role with its coming Raiden clone of Lightning Networks. But Blockstream is not going to let that happen. Bobby Lee of BTCC is the brother of Charlie Lee the creator of Litecoin. BTCC will push SegWit activation over the 75% threshold with its GPU farm that is mining Ethereum, if need be.

Also myopic people don't realize that block size increases can't scale because due to the equation on orphan rate, orphan rates increases exponentially as block size increases. Exponential worsening is the antithesis of scaling for anyone who understands math and computer science. I also explained why Xthin is no solution to this dilemma.

I was checking yesterdays trading  volumes and 22% of all crypto trading  was Bitcoin trading with fiat. 11% was Litecon trading with fiat.
If you take out bitcoin trading with alts, Bitcoin dont look that big anymore. 
and since talk in this thread was what LTC have that most other alts dont have is exactly this build infrastructure.

LTC would gain traction due to the centralists of the DCG
here is a list of those prominent services in DCG portfolio that have alot of sway of the whole crypt-onomy
-blockstream
-btcc(litecoin inventors brother)
-bitpay
-bitpesa
-changtip
-coinbase(litecoin inventor)
-coindesk (puppetmaster of propaganda owned by DCG)
-gyft
-kraken
-purse
-shapeshift
-xapo

plus many more

imagine if all of them (shh they are already becoming) start being LTC friendly. ETH wont stand a chance with being 'merchants accept' available
iamnotback

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 01:06:38 AM

One day it had 100k$ trading volume for 24H, and now it has fucking 21B$ trading volume on btc-e. Talkin about ltc obviously.

Don't enter from here or else you'll get burned. Fontas made a cumback it seems. Don't fall for it.

LTC is a good buy long term for this year but as of now it's bubbled, no way im getting back in under 0.009 hopefully by tomorrow we've corrected around there.

I traded the high 0.0113 and re-entered at 0.01. I am and have been 100% in LTC since $6.50. I invest based on fundamentals and my conviction. I am not really a trader.

I think it may push higher from here, but even if it dips to 0.009, I am happy holding this position, because all BTC holders who want to pay for goods & services have to come to LTC over the next year or so, else they won't be able to afford to transact. Speculation in BTC can of course continue on exchanges at low transaction fees because these aren't blockchain transactions, but if you hold your balances always on exchanges, eventually you will lose your money due to hacks and thefts.

LTC should rise over the next year or so to at least 0.05. It will likely overshoot to something ridiculous such as 0.2, due to way greater fool mass manias and speculation play out.

So 0.01 or 0.009 is splitting hairs. You run the risk of chasing it and never getting on board.

Bitcoin will never get SegWit, Lightning Networks, nor larger blocks. Anyone still talking/writing about that are wasting their breath/fingertips.

Right now we are in the attitude readjustment phase where Bitcoiners slowly pour cold water on their face and wake up to reality.

It even hit 13.5$ on kraken, so it seems the next 2-3 weeks untill segwit's activates the price will further increase. Apparently some people are also selling btc for ltc.

LTC's creator Charlie lee seems to think that the LTC price can increase up to 50$ and he casted a vote https://twitter.com/SatoshiLite/status/849695527268564992
Instamined

Activity: 70

woah that's a lot of money

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 01:17:29 AM

Bitcoin will never get SegWit, Lightning Networks, nor larger blocks. Anyone still talking/writing about that are wasting their breath/fingertips.

What makes you so sure? What is the required percentage to have segwit or BU activate as main chain on BTC?

BTC: 1HmTtysbeo9EsbotzcpL8QEx8PRcB5EzgW
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 01:30:08 AM

https://twitter.com/brian_armstrong/status/849792524487086080

coinbase to add easy fiat buys for litecoin.

they're also one of the major merchant processors. what's the betting it might be rolled out for that too?
iamnotback

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 01:41:49 AM

And now finally we understand that indeed scaling can only happen on Litecoin:

Re: Well, well, well, now we know what Jihan Wu’s been up to.

Apparently, Jihan Wu has been covertly using some patented exploit called asicboost to gain 20%+ efficiency on his hardware that’s incompatible with SegWit. It all makes sense now. Hope he gets his ass sued off.

Shills care to chime in?

https://lists.linuxfoundation.org/pipermail/bitcoin-dev/2017-April/013996.html

Yup. Now everything is clear and now we know why everyone must buy LTC.

FUD.  Asicboost been known about for a long time and Bitmain holds the patent in China.

https://www.asicboost.com/patent

All ASIC manufacturing will be in China.

Sorry Bitcoin will never get SegWit nor LN, because Bitmain will block it on Bitcoin. And the whales of Bitcoin will always block larger blocks for the reasons I have explained else where.

But Bitmain is unable to block SegWit on Litecoin, even though they tried to.

Now we know why the other ASIC manufacturers are not against SegWit. They don't want to pay patent fees. Perhaps Baron Wu offered some deals to some others to get them to join his efforts.

iamnotback

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 01:45:10 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2017, 02:12:49 AM by iamnotback

Now that Jihan and Bitmain have been outed as exploiting a vulnerability in Bitcoin's PoW and that SegWit would have made it impossible for them to continue exploiting this vulnerability the motivations for blocking SegWit and supporting BU have now become very clear. We're going to see a shift in SegWit support in Bitcoin very soon and LTC is also helping here by activating SegWit first. I can see some more room up for Litecoin until around 0.02 or $25, but this will change as soon as Bitcoin starts to make progress towards activating SegWit as well and people start moving back into BTC. If you think BTC will stay behind and never activate SW or LN you are sorely mistaken. Let's see what happens and see who turns out to be right.

We can't get 95% to activate SegWit on Bitcoin without Bitmain's approval. They have every right to protect their patent's value. Those who think Bitcoiners will rally to fight him are socialists and communists, who deny capitalism, game theory, and economic reality.

We can't lower the 95% threshold for Bitcoin, because it will cause too much risk and wild price swings.

Also we shouldn't be putting such experimental shit on Bitcoin. Bitcoin is supposed to remain reliable.

Sorry Bitcoin will remain unmodified, as Satoshi (aka Nash) intended its equilibrium game theory to be a clusterfuck of politics insuring the immutability of the protocol which is what gives Bitcoin its trust and value.

wait...
if his asicboost is rendered invalid, doesn't that make all his ASIC+asicboost hardware useless ( totally useless) ?

As I understand the whitepaper, yes it would because the logic gates for avoiding the optimization have been eliminated which makes it 20% more efficient.

All those who own Bitmain hardware for mining SHA2 coins, must fight SegWit.

If you fork and bankrupt miners who bought hardware, Bitcoin can never again be trusted. It means Bitcoin is run by democracy and not by immutability. Satoshi (Nash) will roll over in his grave.

The whales of Bitcoin will destroy any such fork. I guarantee you that!

Got LTC yet?  Tongue
a29654

Activity: 546

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:00:22 AM

Now that Jihan and Bitmain have been outed as exploiting a vulnerability in Bitcoin's PoW and that SegWit would have made it impossible for them to continue exploiting this vulnerability the motivations for blocking SegWit and supporting BU have now become very clear. We're going to see a shift in SegWit support in Bitcoin very soon and LTC is also helping here by activating SegWit first. I can see some more room up for Litecoin until around 0.02 or $25, but this will change as soon as Bitcoin starts to make progress towards activating SegWit as well and people start moving back into BTC. If you think BTC will stay behind and never activate SW or LN you are sorely mistaken. Let's see what happens and see who turns out to be right.

We can't get 95% to activate SegWit on Bitcoin without Bitmain's approval. They have every right to protect their patent's value.

We can't lower the 95% threshold for Bitcoin, because it will cause too much risk and wild price swings.

Also we shouldn't be putting such experimental shit on Bitcoin. Bitcoin is supposed to remain reliable.

Sorry Bitcoin will remain unmodified, as Satoshi (aka Nash) intended its equilibrium game theory to be a clusterfuck of politics insuring the immutability of the protocol which is what gives Bitcoin its trust and value.

wait...
if his asicboost is rendered invalid, doesn't that make all his ASIC+asicboost hardware useless ( totally useless) ?

As I understand the whitepaper, yes it would because the logic gates for avoiding the optimization have been eliminated which makes it 20% more efficient.

Couldn't bitmain release new ascis in order to control the script market as they have aha-256
iamnotback

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 02:06:32 AM
Last edit: April 06, 2017, 09:16:07 AM by iamnotback

Couldn't bitmain release new ascis in order to control the script market as they have aha-256

Once SegWit is activated with 75% of the hashrate, it is very unlikely he could muster enough hashrate to revert it. And over time it will become increasingly unlikely.

Litecoin will get SegWit.
crypticj

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 06:29:40 AM

We can't get 95% to activate SegWit on Bitcoin without Bitmain's approval. They have every right to protect their patent's value. Those who think Bitcoiners will rally to fight him are socialists and communists, who deny capitalism, game theory, and economic reality.

wait...

If you fork and bankrupt miners who bought hardware, Bitcoin can never again be trusted. It means Bitcoin is run by democracy and not by immutability. Satoshi (Nash) will roll over in his grave.

The whales of Bitcoin will destroy any such fork. I guarantee you that!

Got LTC yet?  Tongue

Plus lets not forget if Bitcoin does split BU and BTC bitmain well have double coin on both blocks before fork. They can just dump BTC they are holding and destroy the market while still holding BU hence making it the major Bitcoin (clone) so to speak.

BTW not sure if you read my late last night post "iam not back"where you convinced me to buy Litecoin with your Logical posts. Just want to thank you bought 80 Litecoin and decided against selling a lot more and more that i am accumulating from mining. So thank you and keep up the Good work!!!
Golftech

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 06:58:41 AM

https://twitter.com/brian_armstrong/status/849792524487086080

coinbase to add easy fiat buys for litecoin.

they're also one of the major merchant processors. what's the betting it might be rolled out for that too?
this would be a good progress for ltc and the price is really rallying up right now, few hours ago its only .0089 btc now its already touched .01btc and still showing strong rise up, those who's playing with it already partying for sure, its not too late to place an entry and hold for a long term.
DonApp

Activity: 275

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 08:43:43 AM

I think with the current deputes with BTC it will give LTC the opportunity to catch up pricewise. If Segwit is activated before BTC and Coinbase adds LTC, I think a x5 is easily achieved this year. Could even be within months if Segwit and Coinbase are activated soon!
iamnotback

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 09:16:36 AM

The SegWit signaling has fallen back to 68 - 69%. One could postulate that all spare capacity for mining LTC was already brought onboard with the recent price increase. And that Bitmain will gradually eat away at that by producing more L3s which they keep for themselves to mine on LTC and block SegWit. The competitors may not have much resources as Bitmain, or just the fact that the L3 is twice as efficient as the A4 competition. I am not sure if that is the only scenario though. Maybe BTCC hasn't yet unleashed their GPU farm on LTC because perhaps they want to wait for a higher price. Maybe they want to stimulate one more price pump before making their move. There have been hacking attacks that have moved hashrate to different pools. So I don't know if a similar attack has been employed on LTC pools. I noticed some significant change in the LTC pool distribution compared to yesterday.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170406082911/https://www.litecoinpool.org/pools

https://web.archive.org/web/20170405041023/https://www.litecoinpool.org/pools

I had the thought that even if SegWit doesn't get activated, Litecoin has 4X more capacity in its blocks than Bitcoin, so it will have lower transaction fees. Yet I don't know if that would be compelling enough without real scaling.

Edit: Okay I was mistaken in thinking the activation period was only 24 hours. It is 2 weeks:

https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/63nb70/how_long_does_it_need_to_be_over_75_before/

Edit#2: Ah I see it must be a specific retarget period!

Lock-in: If 75% of blocks within any retarget period signal support for segwit, it locks-in. SegWit transactions are now opt-in.

Activate: After another 8064-block (roughly two week) retarget period, segwit will activate, allowing miners to produce blocks containing segwit transactions on Litecoin’s mainnet.

Thus perhaps we can expect that BTCC won't throw its GPUs at LTC mining until the next block retargeting! Important find.

The next block retargeting begins in ~30 hours, and the following confirms the two week activation period:

Next block retarget (4 per activation period)

Since a retarget period is roughly 3.5 days, that means the prior 3.5 day retargeting period did not start with ~69% signaling.

So I conclude that we might see fireworks ~30 hours from now.
crypticj

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 09:20:58 AM

The SegWit signaling has fallen back to 68 - 69%. One could postulate that all spare capacity for mining LTC was already brought onboard with the recent price increase. And that Bitmain will gradually eat away at that by producing more L3s which they keep for themselves to mine on LTC and block SegWit. The competitors may not have much resources as Bitmain, or just the fact that the L3 is twice as efficient as the A4 competition. I am not sure if that is the only scenario though. Maybe BTCC hasn't yet unleashed their GPU farm on LTC because perhaps they want to wait for a higher price. Maybe they want to stimulate one more price pump before making their move. There have been hacking attacks that have moved hashrate to different pools. So I don't know if a similar attack has been employed on LTC pools. I noticed some significant change in the LTC pool distribution compared to yesterday.

https://web.archive.org/web/20170406082911/https://www.litecoinpool.org/pools

https://web.archive.org/web/20170405041023/https://www.litecoinpool.org/pools

I had the thought that even if SegWit doesn't get activated, Litecoin has 4X more capacity in its blocks than Bitcoin, so it will have lower transaction fees. Yet I don't know if that would be compelling enough without real scaling.

Edit: Okay I was mistaken in thinking the activation period was only 24 hours. It is 2 weeks:

https://www.reddit.com/r/litecoin/comments/63nb70/how_long_does_it_need_to_be_over_75_before/

Edit#2: Ah I see it must be a specific retarget period!

Lock-in: If 75% of blocks within any retarget period signal support for segwit, it locks-in. SegWit transactions are now opt-in.

Activate: After another 8064-block (roughly two week) retarget period, segwit will activate, allowing miners to produce blocks containing segwit transactions on Litecoin’s mainnet.

Thus perhaps we can expect that BTCC won't throw its GPUs at LTC mining until the next block retargeting! Important find.

The next block retargeting begins in ~30 hours, and the following confirms the two week activation period:

Next block retarget (4 per activation period)

Since a retarget period is roughly 3.5 days, that means the prior 3.5 day retargeting period did not start with ~69% signaling.

So I conclude that we might see fireworks ~30 hours from now.

IamnotBack for you https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/mining-manufacturer-blocking-segwit-benefit-asicboost/ I think you will find that article really interesting.
iamnotback

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 09:41:55 AM

To be technical, ASIC miner CHIP manufacturing on the 14/16nm node is in either Taiwan (TSMC fab with input or part-ownership by Samsung) or New York State of the US (Global Founderies, ex-IBM fab) at this point.

Ah yes, I remember this from when I was researching mobile-CPU friendly PoW hash function designs in 2016, that Samsung had an advantage on 14nm chips for mobile.

Bitmain in particular has shown a LOT of issues with getting enough chips to make miners with- when you have LARGE companies like NVidia and AMD having availability shortages on their new cards that they plan to sell millions of, a small company like Bitmain has to settle for what capasity is left over (and keep in mind that AMD has long-term contracts locking in capasity at Global Founderies due to the ex-AMD fabs being part OF Global Founderies dating back to it's foundation and their sale TO GF by AMD - and a lot of the rest of GF capasity is locked into IBM for the SAME reason).

So doesn't this favor my hypothesis that Litecoin's price rise means ASIC supply is constrained thus hashrate will not rise as fast as price does, and thus older 28nm stock should come into mining and it should signal SegWit, because those guys want to remain profitable at higher prices.

I see that there are still a couple of KNC Titan Scrypt miners for sale on ebay. And as the price is rising the A2 Dominators are becoming viable to mine with. I see a shit load of A2s for sale on ebay at really cheap prices ($200, etc). You can practically but them for nothing and when the price rises enough you could flip then for a profit I bet. I haven't actually run the calculation to see at what price the A2s are generating enough profit.
coin0r

Activity: 2

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 10:23:16 AM

that is really amazing  Huh
iamnotback

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 11:08:24 AM

Please tell me how is LTC not about to have a massive breakout to the upside (or to the downside?) within 6 hours or less?

Odds are better than 50% for a upside breakout but can even be a false downside with a pullback to the upside:

http://thepatternsite.com/st.html

I sold my LTC. It broke down out of the symmetric wedge. Now we have to see if it is a false breakdown with a pullback. Otherwise it is headed back to 0.0075 or below. The market apparently is very doubtful, so maybe we have to pullback and reload.
iamnotback

View Profile
April 06, 2017, 04:45:50 PM

Probably my last post on LTC:

^^ Do you watch buy support? It's been building from a low of 1600 this morning to over 2100 BTC now

Thanks I didn't and I should have. I'm not a professional trader. Otherwise I wouldn't have chickened out and sold. My acumen is on analysis of the technology, economics, and game theory. Also I am reasonably good at identify the major trends.

Any way, I re-entered LTC when it moved back above the bottom of the wedge. I am in a solid HODL stance now. I will stop looking at the chart. I will not trade it any more. To $50 or bust.

I posit a reason that Bitmain's surrogate pools will stop blocking SegWit on Litecoin soon.

If you read the entire linked thread, you will catch up on a lot of the details as to why I am nearly certain Bitcoin is going to remain small blocks and never get scaling.

as Satoshi (aka Nash) intended its equilibrium game theory to be a clusterfuck of politics insuring the immutability of the protocol which is what gives Bitcoin its trust and value.

What did I miss?

Nash?

I can't continue providing links to every thing I write all over the place. But one more time, go read this thread and also this post.
iamnotback

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 05:17:25 AM

Who else is tired of this shit?
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 02:38:37 PM

From latest BitMex Crypto Trader Digest:

Litecoin is affectionately referred to as “rock” by many crypto traders. Litecoin has acted like a rock in trader’s bags since it hit its all time high of $40 in 2013. The technical merits of why Litecoin should be worth more than $0 are few and far between. Litecoin exists on life support only because Chinese traders for some reason enjoy trading it. Mainly that is because it is the only shitcoin the big three Chinese exchanges (BTCC, Huobi, OKCoin) offer.

During the current 2017 altcoin bubble, rock caught a stray bid. The pump and dump operators finally decided it was Litecoin’s time to shine. Rock is up almost 200% since late March.

The narrative supporting the rally is that SegWit is close to being activated. The activation threshold on Litecoin is 75% vs. 95% for Bitcoin. Litecoin is a CTRL+C, CTRL+V of Bitcoin. The slight changes include being Scrypt mined, and a block time of 2.5 minutes on average.

Many traders point to Litecoin as proof that if Bitcoin activates SegWit the price should explode higher as well. Some seriously delusional traders con themselves into believing Litecoin could actually serve as a replacement for Bitcoin if the Core vs. Bitcoin Unlimited civil war results in a contentious hard fork.

Oblivious traders are filling their bags with new shiny rocks. How do I know? Because in a recent tweet, Coinbase CEO Brian Armstrong said they will list a Litecoin / USD pair. Altcoin pumps begin in earnest on Poloniex, and end when exchanges such as Coinbase and / or Bitfinex decide to list them.

A recent example of this phenomenon was Ether in Spring 2016. After a lacklustre performance in the secondary market from listing in August 2015 until January 2016, Ether ignited and went asymptotic. The peak during that particular rally was reached when Bitfinex announced it would list ETH. As soon as ETH listed on Bitfinex, the dump began.

Exchanges late to the party, even BitMEX is guilty of this from time to time, signal that peak fomo is near. Those traders tempting fate by holding Litecoin should be cautious. It isn’t called rock for nothing.

Red-Apple

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 03:03:37 PM

what are we thinking about litecoin today?

price is still 2x higher than before the rally started and i think it is perfectly normal for the price to have came down after the 180% rise.

also looking at the USD value the price is still high above $10-$10.3 which means part of the dump was due to bitcoin price rising:
BTC/USD up => LTC/BTC the same => arbitrage opportunity LTC<>BTC<>USD => crashing LTC/BTC price.

i say we can still see continuation of the rise after this day ends although it is very hard to speculate right now.

BrainyNetwork

Activity: 33

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 05:28:55 PM

I think it's a temporary drop. SegWit adoption has backed from a few %, people are scared, some profit takers dumping.

It was a good last 24 hours to buy I think, hope so.
BitcoinNewsMagazine
Legendary

View Profile WWW
April 07, 2017, 06:36:50 PM

Coinbase or GDAX adding litecoin trading is not necessarily positive for the price. Look what happened when GDAX started trading ETH May 2016:

Ether price dropped over 70% in 7 months before recovering. You might want to sell your litecoin before SegWit activates or Litecoin is added to GDAX (buy the rumour sell the news.)

BrainyNetwork

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 07:26:49 PM

I'm not really on Twitter, so I didn't know until just now.

Here is what mostly caused the LTC price drop.

F2Pool owner (controls 35% hashrate of LTC network) said he would drop SegWit.

http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/964838F2PoolSegWitScam.png

Nice little scam from him, as if his mind wasn't already made on adopting or not.

He probably sold at peek and made a fortune on cheap LTCs today.

Nice guy.
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 08:00:41 PM

i thought this guy was a pure pool with no power of his own. if that is true then all miners have to do is shop elsewhere.
BrainyNetwork

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 08:02:09 PM

i thought this guy was a pure pool with no power of his own. if that is true then all miners have to do is shop elsewhere.

Yeah he's a pure pool, but 35% pointing to his pool.

I guess it would indeed be a good idea for miners to point on other pools who also support SegWit.

I wonder how many miners are aware of this tweet saga.
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
April 07, 2017, 08:10:33 PM

Yeah he's a pure pool, but 35% pointing to his pool.

I guess it would indeed be a good idea for miners to point on other pools who also support SegWit.

I wonder how many miners are aware of this tweet saga.

considering how active charlie lee is at the moment i think there's a good chance he could get many to switch. it would be very stupid of this guy to torpedo his own business when the tide is against him.

there's also prohashing who are having to reprogram but they're committing towards the end of the month and they have about 6%
acoco

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 01:46:53 AM

How to activate the segwit will be the last price increase, and then forget again. 25 $ maximum and then candle up
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
April 08, 2017, 12:57:17 PM

Well lets see, last bottom for LTC was april 7th: 0.00789

Current price: 0.00901420

What are we looking at here?

Did LTC bottom?

Are we going to test another 0.011 top to form a double top? maybe it breaks out if some chink decides to add hashrate to 75% (where is Charlie's brother at?)

I want more money and I love a good gamble but I dont want to lose the gains i've made those days fuuuck.
FOMOFish

Activity: 61

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 04:26:00 AM

Did LTC bottom?

Are we going to test another 0.011 top to form a double top? maybe it breaks out if some chink decides to add hashrate to 75% (where is Charlie's brother at?)

I want more money and I love a good gamble but I dont want to lose the gains i've made those days fuuuck.

I doubt. Im short from 0.009 targetting 0.0079 or lower.
Golftech

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 05:06:17 AM

Did LTC bottom?

its showing another green and might possible to goes up again good time to place an entry but not to go being a fomo its hard doing it like that
play safe while price at green and never to sell if price drop down just continue holding sell only if you already got decent earnings.
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1187

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 04:25:26 PM

raining with sells ....

this is why I don't buy ltc Smiley

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
boltz
Legendary

Activity: 3164
Merit: 1187

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 04:37:39 PM

ltc dead again 6 months ...see u on autumn ltc , 10x for this small ride .

███▄▀██▄▄
░░▄████▄▀████ ▄▄▄
░░████▄▄▄▄░░█▀▀
███ ██████▄▄▀█▌
░▄░░███▀████
░▐█░░███░██▄▄
░░▄▀░████▄▄▄▀█
░█░▄███▀████ ▐█
▀▄▄███▀▄██▄
░░▄██▌░░██▀
░▐█▀████ ▀██
░░█▌██████ ▀▀██▄
░░▀███
▄▄██▀▄███
▄▄▄████▀▄████▄░░
▀▀█░░▄▄▄▄████░░
▐█▀▄▄█████████
████▀███░░▄░
▄▄██░███░░█▌░
█▀▄▄▄████░▀▄░░
█▌████▀███▄░█░
▄██▄▀███▄▄▀
▀██░░▐██▄░░
██▀████▀█▌░
▄██▀▀██████▐█░░
███▀░░
European Central Bank
Legendary

View Profile
April 09, 2017, 05:45:07 PM

let's see how the hashing war pans out first. they may even look into a uasf. I think the appetite for miner bullshit has gone.
Apened

Activity: 1386
Merit: 504

View Profile WWW
April 22, 2017, 06:52:07 AM

let's see how the hashing war pans out first. they may even look into a uasf. I think the appetite for miner bullshit has gone.

The war is over. The segwit will be implemented soon.
Searing
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 2898
Merit: 1464

Clueless!

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 07:15:43 AM

The war is over. The segwit will be implemented soon.

Yep. We will see how long it takes for the pools to adopt. But looking good.

Then again I have a pre-order for 4 L3+'s from Bitmain. May 5th batch, so it the coin pumps to $20 I may NEVER get them back Sad

https://cointelegraph.com/news/litecoin-roundtable-unanimous-vote-to-decide-segwit-future

Old Style Legacy Plug & Play BBS System. Get it from www.synchro.net. Updated 1/1/2021. It also works with Windows 10 and likely 11 and allows 16 bit DOS game doors on the same Win 10 Machine in Multi-Node! Five Minute Install! Look it over it uninstalls just as fast, if you simply want to look it over. Freeware! Full BBS System! It is a frigging hoot!:)
zeusk

View Profile
April 22, 2017, 02:21:14 PM

The new Litcoin ATH will become evident within the next 2.5 weeks.
Im prediciting a $65 to $75 LTC price in the short term.
Long term LTC will be at $150!

Mark my words. I can look into the future based on pure fundementals + technicals - FUD.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [All]
  Print  

Jump to: