Bitcoin Forum
May 23, 2024, 05:55:33 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Cryptopia Exchange Safe and Legit?  (Read 49756 times)
nghihuynh2018

Activity: 98
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 11:24:08 AM

Some of my friend from United States also use Cryptopia. They said that Cryptopia, good service deposit and withdraw is fast. It is legit,too.
cryptopivot

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 06:58:49 AM

Cryptopia is one of the very few platforms that was developed without bad intentions hidden under the hood. At least easy to spot ones such as the options to disable email confirmations required for withdrawal paired with the inability to change your email address.

Many exchanges will not allow you to change your email address, which can be a big issue if you no longer have access to said email account.

So if an exchange requires email confirmation, you can't access email and can't change it, your screwed unless support helps.

With cryptopia the option can be disabled though you certainly will want to enable 2fa.

Always make certain to backup your master 2fa keys in a safe manner, such as PGP.
akuser

Activity: 526
Merit: 100

markaccy.io

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 12:42:02 PM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5097552.new#new

I hope this will be a consideration for all cryptopia users.
I found a lot of other news on social media. I hope this helps.

St4yInTh3D4rk

Activity: 686
Merit: 264

"STAY IN THE DARK"

View Profile
January 18, 2019, 03:18:15 PM

Cryptopia is one of the very few platforms that was developed without bad intentions hidden under the hood. At least easy to spot ones such as the options to disable email confirmations required for withdrawal paired with the inability to change your email address.

Many exchanges will not allow you to change your email address, which can be a big issue if you no longer have access to said email account.

So if an exchange requires email confirmation, you can't access email and can't change it, your screwed unless support helps.

With cryptopia the option can be disabled though you certainly will want to enable 2fa.

Always make certain to backup your master 2fa keys in a safe manner, such as PGP.
You need to know that Cryptopia exchange got hacked few days back and still they didn't come online and also didn't provide any information about how much they lost for this security breach so its no more safe to use and better find some other exchange with good reputation and security.

bustadice         ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
██████████████      ██████████████
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
                     ▄▄███████▄▄
                  ▄███████████████▄
   ███████████  ▄████▀▀       ▀▀████▄
               ████▀      ██     ▀████
 ███████████  ████        ██       ████
             ████         ██        ████
███████████  ████     ▄▄▄▄██        ████
             ████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀        ████
 ███████████  ████                 ████
               ████▄             ▄████
   ███████████  ▀████▄▄       ▄▄████▀
                  ▀███████████████▀
                     ▀▀███████▀▀
           ▄██▄
           ████
            ██
            ▀▀
 ▄██████████████████████▄
██████▀▀██████████▀▀██████
█████    ████████    █████
█████▄  ▄████████▄  ▄█████
██████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
       ████████████
[bustadice.
Play
bustadice]

Hero/Legendary
..bustadice..              ▄▄████████████▄▄
     ▄▄████████▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
   ▄███████████    ███████████▄
  █████    ████▄▄▄▄████    █████
 ██████    ████████▀▀██    ██████
██████████████████   █████████████
█████████████████▌  ▐█████████████
███    ██████████   ███████    ███
███    ████████▀   ▐███████    ███
 ██████████████▄▄▄▄██████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▀
Matematic

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 08:09:15 PM

It was hacked several times, so it's not safe anymore. I can recommend you to use exchange services, they aren't storing your funds. I can recommend several, but it'll look like a shill.
lotfiuser

Activity: 1249
Merit: 295

Palestine

View Profile WWW
February 04, 2019, 10:21:46 PM

there is a lot of rumors about cryptopia exchange even before the hack happen a lot of people was claiming that they got scammed by this exchange

Free palestine
coinluisa

Activity: 626
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 04, 2019, 10:35:06 PM

As of now the cryptopia is shutdown because the hacking incident and many people who use this exchange that they got scam. Actually even before. Any people are complaining about this exchange.

BetFury                                                 
🐥Twitter | 📩 Telegram | 🎲 You play - We pay 🎲 |YouTube 🍿|Reddit 🕹 
                                                Free BTC 1 800 Satoshi every day                                               
Bostraticus

Activity: 59
Merit: 1

View Profile
February 05, 2019, 11:51:23 AM

I think using exchange is always risky. I had problems with bittrex, having a verified account that they blocked for some time without a reason. Now I began to use exchangers without registration, for example, changenow, it is really easier and more profitable sometimes. However, everyone must decide for himself what is better.
Mr Airdrops

Activity: 57
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
February 05, 2019, 11:47:55 PM

Cryptopia stole more than 15 million dollar of people money and closed their website.it is scammer.
Pffrt

Activity: 1372
Merit: 322

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 07:50:10 AM

Cryptopia stole more than 15 million dollar of people money and closed their website.it is scammer.
It is not yet proved that it was exit scam. Investigation is going on, people can only ensure after the report. TllIt may be hacking or may be exit scam. No one surely tell anything.
Zalaster

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
February 06, 2019, 09:27:36 AM

I think using exchange is always risky. I had problems with bittrex, having a verified account that they blocked for some time without a reason. Now I began to use exchangers without registration, for example, changenow, it is really easier and more profitable sometimes. However, everyone must decide for himself what is better.
I think that using services without registration is much better and safer. As for changenow, which you mentioned, it is truly one of the best exchangers today. Used several times with excellent results.
ecio97

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 02:55:56 PM

Indeed, only the use of services without registration can protect against loss of funds. Of course, this will not guarantee full protection, but it reduces the risk. I have never used exchanges with registrations, preferring exchangers, for example, those specified in previous messages.
omonuyak

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
February 06, 2019, 08:39:39 PM

There are many attacks against cryptopia but I have traded with them without too much problems and I have done several withdrawals from cryptopia several times without any problems. 
Darklinkz

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 01:12:29 AM

It is not yet proved that it was exit scam. Investigation is going on, people can only ensure after the report. TllIt may be hacking or may be exit scam. No one surely tell anything.

It was utterly an exit scam. I can't believe that one of the few good exchanges just let the bear period made them to stop operating. And don't rely on their own investigation. Hence, let's wait for the authorities handle it because it's just like what happened to Bitgrail and they are now ordered to return the stolen funds.
sunsilk

Activity: 2926
Merit: 620

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 02:27:36 AM

There are many attacks against cryptopia but I have traded with them without too much problems and I have done several withdrawals from cryptopia several times without any problems. 
It's good for you but not for everybody. If someone still interested with cryptopia, I won't advise them to proceed. There are other more trusted and reputable exchanges out there to trade with and if you're someone who's been into news.

You will understand why many don't suggest to trade with cryptopia anymore. This is one sad fact that when something bad happens to an exchange people should be more aware of the next events and must pull out funds from them.

Pffrt

View Profile
February 07, 2019, 08:27:43 AM

It's good for you but not for everybody. If someone still interested with cryptopia, I won't advise them to proceed. There are other more trusted and reputable exchanges out there to trade with and if you're someone who's been into news.

You will understand why many don't suggest to trade with cryptopia anymore. This is one sad fact that when something bad happens to an exchange people should be more aware of the next events and must pull out funds from them.
Cryptopia is already hacked. Why people are still yalking about trading there? Don't you know what happened? It's in investigation process for last 1 month and still there is no update from them.
sunsilk

Activity: 2926
Merit: 620

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 08:05:50 AM

Cryptopia is already hacked. Why people are still yalking about trading there? Don't you know what happened? It's in investigation process for last 1 month and still there is no update from them.
I don't know, he just said that he never experienced any problem to them. I already warned him that he shouldn't used it and don't send any funds to them anymore if ever they will operate again in the future.

But if that's what he stands for or he isn't aware that the website isn't working anymore and is under investigation. If the investigation is ever done, still don't trade again there it's just a piece of advice that will save your money in the future.

joromz1226

Activity: 798
Merit: 258

View Profile
February 08, 2019, 03:26:46 PM

Hi. I have been browsing coinmarketcap and see some good looking coins that are listed on Cryptopia. But, are they safe to use? I am in the United States and wonder if they follow all of the regulations and rules? Just wondering if anyone in the USA has any experience bitcoin trading on this exchanger? Thanks Smiley

If I am not mistaken, cryptopia at the moment has been running for under maintenance in 3 weeks almost I think.
I don't know what happened actually. In fact, I have loyalcoin in this platform, I am hoping my token will not be lost.
Actually, its not that cool for me though as far as I know it was owned by Russian people if I am not mistaken.
Pffrt

View Profile
February 09, 2019, 06:55:52 AM

Hi. I have been browsing coinmarketcap and see some good looking coins that are listed on Cryptopia. But, are they safe to use? I am in the United States and wonder if they follow all of the regulations and rules? Just wondering if anyone in the USA has any experience bitcoin trading on this exchanger? Thanks Smiley

If I am not mistaken, cryptopia at the moment has been running for under maintenance in 3 weeks almost I think.
I don't know what happened actually. In fact, I have loyalcoin in this platform, I am hoping my token will not be lost.
Actually, its not that cool for me though as far as I know it was owned by Russian people if I am not mistaken.
Cryptopia has been hacked since January 14 possibly. You should have seen the message in their website. There are no update from investigation team too. Don't know if it's a exit scam or a real hack. Hope for the betterment.
Zalaster

Activity: 308
Merit: 13

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2019, 12:10:26 PM

I think that we should stop treating Cryptopia as a reliable partner, although I have used them only once. 2fA authentication and email validation on withdrawal do not guarantee that your funds will remain secure. Hackers broke into Cryptopia and since I don’t see updates, I think the funds are lost.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: