Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 05:54:07 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417956 times)
Tigel

Activity: 66
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 12, 2018, 04:33:34 PM

Hi, can anyone expline how exactly update TRex miner please

I believe the official way is described here:
https://github.com/papampi/nvOC_miners

In case you don't feel comfortable with git and want just your T-rex updated:

T-Rex miner is located in: /home/m1/NVOC/mining/miners/T_Rex/recommended, this directory is a softlink to recommended version.

- login as m1
- "nvOC stop"
- download newest t-rex to <download_path>
- "cd /home/m1/NVOC/mining/miners/T_Rex"
- mkdir <version> I believe newest is 0.8.6 so do: "mkdir 0.8.6"
- "cp <download_path>/t-rex.new.version.tar.xz ." (this will copy new t-rex to current directory, don't for get the dot .)
- "cd <version>" (0.8.6 in this case)
- "tar xvfz ../t-rex.new.version.tar.xz" (unzip the tarball packet)
- "mv t-rex ccminer" (rename t-rex to ccminer)
- "cd .."
- "rm recommended" (remove softlink to old version directory)
- "ln -s 0.8.6 recommended" (create new softlink to new version)
- nvOC start

Writing this from top of my head, hopefully got it right.

--
Tigel
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
papampi_2

Activity: 112
Merit: 3

Linux Forever... Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
December 15, 2018, 07:30:00 AM

Sorry for late reply,
You can use @Tigel how to or post a heads up here or in discord channel with miner update link and we will update them in miners repo.

Updated some miners:
t-rex 0.8.8
z-enemy 1.28
CryptoDredge 0.14.0

Just update your nvOC
Code:
bash ~/NVOC/mining/nvOC upgrade

https://github.com/papampi/nvOC_by_fullzero_Community_Release
zloyneo

Activity: 40

View Profile
December 17, 2018, 08:01:57 AM

Sorry for late reply,
You can use @Tigel how to or post a heads up here or in discord channel with miner update link and we will update them in miners repo.

Updated some miners:
t-rex 0.8.8
z-enemy 1.28
CryptoDredge 0.14.0

Just update your nvOC
Code:

Good afternoon. Can't connect to the new RVN Nanopool pool. Writes errors:

_[0m_[0;93m20181217 00:10:22 WARN: failed to subscribe, JSON-RPC call failed: member "result" must have Json::ValueType 6 instead of 5 (original json {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":true}
)
_[0m_[1;91m20181217 00:10:22 ERROR: No connection, retry after 10 seconds
papampi_2

View Profile WWW
December 18, 2018, 10:12:04 AM

Sorry for late reply,

Updated some miners:
t-rex 0.8.8
z-enemy 1.28
CryptoDredge 0.14.0

Just update your nvOC
Code:

_[0m_[0;93m20181217 00:10:22 WARN: failed to subscribe, JSON-RPC call failed: member "result" must have Json::ValueType 6 instead of 5 (original json {"id":1,"jsonrpc":"2.0","result":true}
)

Check with your miner help thread and see if your miner command line is correct or not.
You can see the miner start command in gnome-terminal.

Tigel

View Profile
December 18, 2018, 11:06:02 AM

Sorry for late reply,

Updated some miners:
t-rex 0.8.8
z-enemy 1.28
CryptoDredge 0.14.0

Just update your nvOC
Code:

)

Check with your miner help thread and see if your miner command line is correct or not.
You can see the miner start command in gnome-terminal.

Nanopool uses slash as separator for wallet and workername while most of other pools use dot. Has this been taken into consideration?
kk003

Activity: 117
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 19, 2018, 12:14:21 AM

There is new kk003_telegram (v1.5) here:
https://pastebin.com/UPGs2HRu

Tested on: Nvoc 0.19 (little mods have to be done mainly about paths for later versions)

the main novelty is that it supports PhoenixMiner 4.0b + some esthetic improvements

Thx.

LuKePicci

Activity: 128
Merit: 1

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 09:10:39 PM

Nanopool uses slash as separator for wallet and workername while most of other pools use dot. Has this been taken into consideration?

You can override default wallet separator '.' with '/' on a per-coin basis. Just do it for every coin you mine at nanopool.
Tigel

View Profile
December 20, 2018, 09:31:20 PM

You can override default wallet separator '.' with '/' on a per-coin basis. Just do it for every coin you mine at nanopool.

@zloyneo: have you done this?
papampi_2

View Profile WWW
January 05, 2019, 12:32:16 PM
Last edit: January 05, 2019, 02:08:31 PM by papampi_2
Merited by sikke1 (3)

Miners Update:

Claymore updated to latest version: Claymore-v12.0

Changelog:
Code:
- zero devfee for all 2GB and 3GB cards in all operating systems.
- reduced devfee for dual mode, now it is 1%, same as for ETH-only mode.
- a bit reduced required GPU memory (both AMD and NVIDIA) so you can mine ETH a bit longer on cards that don't have enough memory.
- added version for CUDA 10.0, it is a bit faster for latest 20xx NVIDIA cards.
- a few minor bug fixes and improvements.

T-Rex updated to latest version: T-Rex 0.8.9
Changelog:
Code:
Performance improvements: +2-3% for x16 family of algorithms (x16r, bcd, x17, x22i etc.)
Add config parameter: --no-nvml - Disable NVML GPU stats.
Display miner version next to "Uptime" info.

CryptoDredge  updated to latest version: CryptoDredge 0.15.1
changelog:
Code:
Not provided

To get nvOC latest miners run:
Code:

uga

Activity: 6

View Profile
January 19, 2019, 11:14:10 AM

Hi guys,

I have been using nvOC for many months, it is absolutely rock solid, thank you to all the dev team.
I am looking for some help with hopefully a basic request.
I have solar on my roof and would like to be able to schedule the mining to run only between sunrise and sunset, or alternatively between times I specify (say 7am to 7PM). The idea is free energy during the day of course.

I've had a look through 1bash but could not see anything to that effect. Of course, most people will want to run the rigs non stops, so probably not useful for most.

Perhaps ideally the rig would go into sleep mode while not mining to really cut it to the bone, but just pausing the mining would be good enough.

Can someone recommend an approach?

Thanks!
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1009

View Profile
January 21, 2019, 04:34:11 PM

I made a new management website / OS.

Oros makes it easy to configure, edit, reboot, update, and monitor rigs from your pc, tablet, or smartphone.

oros thread OP

Why you should try openrig.net/oros:

At current exchange rates/difficulty: a 1% fee is approximately $0.12 to $0.18 a month per GPU, depending on what coin is mined.  I may reduce this in the future depending on actual overhead costs.  I believe any free Mining Management Service (MMS) is either selling your information or waiting to reach a user threshold before charging users (bait and switch).

My Ethash client should match or exceed Claymore’s hashrate (for 1000 series Nvidia GPUs) + has no fee.

Both openrig.net and oros are extremely secure.

Oros has almost no writes; so the USB key is unlikely to need servicing / reimaging / replacement.  Put otherwise; oros is reliable with a USB key.

When developing openrig.net/oros I focused on automating the processes an individual follows when they monitor rigs.  Oros's execution is controlled by a no-compromises watchdog that will self heal from almost any problem.

Oros has low network utilization.

Algorithm specific OC works without problems and is easy to use.  After configuring a group for Algo specific OC you need only switch the group coin, and your chosen OC for that algorithm will be set automatically.

It is extremely easy to configure a rig with openrig.net/oros.
chrysophylax
Legendary

Activity: 2814
Merit: 1091

--- ChainWorks Industries ---

View Profile WWW
January 21, 2019, 06:09:08 PM

Oros makes it easy to configure, edit, reboot, update, and monitor rigs from your pc, tablet, or smartphone.

oros thread OP

At current exchange rates/difficulty: a 1% fee is approximately $0.12 to $0.18 a month per GPU, depending on what coin is mined.  I may reduce this in the future depending on actual overhead costs.  I believe any free Mining Management Service (MMS) is either selling your information or waiting to reach a user threshold before charging users (bait and switch).

My Ethash client should match or exceed Claymore’s hashrate (for 1000 series Nvidia GPUs) + has no fee.

Oros has almost no writes; so the USB key is unlikely to need servicing / reimaging / replacement.  Put otherwise; oros is reliable with a USB key.

When developing openrig.net/oros I focused on automating the processes an individual follows when they monitor rigs.  Oros's execution is controlled by a no-compromises watchdog that will self heal from almost any problem.

Algorithm specific OC works without problems and is easy to use.  After configuring a group for Algo specific OC you need only switch the group coin, and your chosen OC for that algorithm will be set automatically.

Having a look ...

Very interested!

#crysx

CWJ1007

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 09:14:37 AM

oros thread OP

Hi Fullzero,

Please kindly recommend how to copy that the 0rig file to usb key on Windows.

Cos I read that the Setup Guide and stuck on this step...
"when using Windows; after imaging is complete, you will be prompted to format the primary partition of the newly imaged usb. Close or ignore this window, this occurs because windows does not support the Ext4 filesystem."

"when imaging is complete, one of the partitions on the usb will contain a text file named: "put your 0rig here""

Thank you very much.
papampi_2

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 09:46:49 AM

Hi guys,

I have been using nvOC for many months, it is absolutely rock solid, thank you to all the dev team.
I have solar on my roof and would like to be able to schedule the mining to run only between sunrise and sunset, or alternatively between times I specify (say 7am to 7PM). The idea is free energy during the day of course.

I've had a look through 1bash but could not see anything to that effect. Of course, most people will want to run the rigs non stops, so probably not useful for most.

Perhaps ideally the rig would go into sleep mode while not mining to really cut it to the bone, but just pausing the mining would be good enough.

Thanks!

Will try to add it to next release,
In the mean time you can check this github pull request to get some ideas if you want to add it yourself

papampi_2

View Profile WWW
January 22, 2019, 09:51:51 AM

oros thread OP

Hi mate,

Nice to see you back to coding for miners again.

Will test and report as soon as I can.

fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 22, 2019, 04:06:21 PM

oros thread OP

Hi Fullzero,

"when using Windows; after imaging is complete, you will be prompted to format the primary partition of the newly imaged usb. Close or ignore this window, this occurs because windows does not support the Ext4 filesystem."

"when imaging is complete, one of the partitions on the usb will contain a text file named: "put your 0rig here""

Thank you very much.

Good to know there is a problem with my setup guide.  Please let me know if this helps or not:

Depending on how many storage devices your windows computer has the partition you are looking will be recognized as a different letter drive

Most likely it will be Local Disk (E:)

Open file explorer (type file in the search field at the left of the Windows taskbar)

On the left you should see:  This PC

If it is not expanded left click it to expand

Start with Local Disk (E:), left click it and see if there is a file named: "put your 0rig here"

When you find the correct Disk, login to your openrig.net account, open Rig List and look at the right hand side of your rigs

Ensure that you are not using Firefox.  There is a bug that will prevent downloads from triggering

You will see a 0rig button for each rig you have created

Click the 0rig button for the rig you are imaging

A download should occur without a prompt

Open your downloads folder, copy the 0rig file to the correct Disk with the file named: "put your 0rig here"

Eject the disk and attach it to your rig
CWJ1007

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 09:27:54 AM

oros thread OP

Hi Fullzero,

Thank you very much.

Good to know there is a problem with my setup guide.  Please let me know if this helps or not:

Depending on how many storage devices your windows computer has the partition you are looking will be recognized as a different letter drive

Most likely it will be Local Disk (E:)

Open file explorer (type file in the search field at the left of the Windows taskbar)

On the left you should see:  This PC

If it is not expanded left click it to expand

Start with Local Disk (E:), left click it and see if there is a file named: "put your 0rig here"

When you find the correct Disk, login to your openrig.net account, open Rig List and look at the right hand side of your rigs

Ensure that you are not using Firefox.  There is a bug that will prevent downloads from triggering

You will see a 0rig button for each rig you have created

Click the 0rig button for the rig you are imaging

A download should occur without a prompt

Open your downloads folder, copy the 0rig file to the correct Disk with the file named: "put your 0rig here"

Eject the disk and attach it to your rig

Hi Fullzero,

Thank you for your clarification.

After trying many times , there are no other partition show up on Win8.1 for me.

But it works fine on Win10 and already start mining on my testing rig.

Thank you.
uga

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 11:09:59 AM

Hi guys,

Thanks!

In the mean time you can check this github pull request to get some ideas if you want to add it yourself

That would be absolutely amazing, thank you for all your hard work!
fullzero (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
January 23, 2019, 04:41:14 PM

Hi Fullzero,

Thank you for your clarification.

After trying many times , there are no other partition show up on Win8.1 for me.

But it works fine on Win10 and already start mining on my testing rig.

Thank you.

Good to know there is a problem with Windows 8.1.  I only tested Windows 10. 

Sometimes on any OS after imaging (with any image) , mounting will not occur correctly.  It is always a good idea to disconnect and reattach a USB if it fails to mount after imaging. 

Also, a USB key can sometimes become too hot after imaging and will not work correctly while hot, but will work normally after it has cooled down. Some USB keys models are more likely than others to have this problem.
papampi_2

View Profile WWW
January 23, 2019, 10:39:51 PM

Hi guys,

Thanks!

That would be absolutely amazing, thank you for all your hard work!

Scheduled mining added to 3.1-dev beta testing.

You can check and use nnvOC setup from a git clone to test/use 3.1-dev or wait for next stable release.

Pages: « 1 ... 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 [413] 414 415 416 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: