Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 10:43:41 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 [380] 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417956 times)
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
March 22, 2018, 03:02:42 PM

I'm expériencing somme problems with télégram bot.

I don't recieved any messages since 2 or 3 days. Only one messages when i restarted miner yesterday at 18h27.

Is anyone else have the same proboem than me ? Or can someone help me to diagnose ?

I'm currently using papampi telegram choice in 1Bash.

Run
Code:
bash /home/m1/telegram

See if it send or not, and if it gives error.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
afroid

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:42:39 PM

Happy Persian New Year.

May everyday of the new year glow with new cheer and happiness for you all.
Nowruz Mobarak!

thank you, I'm Persian
happy new year to you
Nowruzet Mobarak Wink
CryptAtomeTrader44

Activity: 340
Merit: 103

It is easier to break an atom than partialities AE

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:59:15 PM

I'm expériencing somme problems with télégram bot.

I don't recieved any messages since 2 or 3 days. Only one messages when i restarted miner yesterday at 18h27.

Is anyone else have the same proboem than me ? Or can someone help me to diagnose ?

I'm currently using papampi telegram choice in 1Bash.

Run
Code:
bash /home/m1/telegram

See if it send or not, and if it gives error.

I already tried this comand before posting. But when i reboot the miner it send me one message the first but none after 900 seconds since i reboot yesterday.
Télégram is running, an i can see it guake terminal tab. This console tab indicate that the script is running each 900 seconds.

Is there a log file  i can consult somwhere ?
CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 03:59:58 PM

Happy Persian New Year.

Nowruz Mobarak!

thank you, I'm Persian
happy new year to you
Nowruzet Mobarak Wink

What does "Nowruzet Mobarak" mean ?
afroid

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 04:07:06 PM

Happy Persian New Year.

Nowruz Mobarak!

thank you, I'm Persian
happy new year to you
Nowruzet Mobarak Wink

What does "Nowruzet Mobarak" mean ?

happy new year in the Persian language
CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:42:00 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2018, 02:18:41 PM by CryptAtomeTrader44

I have been looking at how well I could be doing using the WTM switcher system here. I did quite a long data set with 4 coins listed  ETH ETC ZEC and BCG as my choices. At first there was quite a lot of switching being done. But lately with the last blood bath, ETH has stayed at the top of the list followed with ETC and then ZEC. BTG being the low dog on the block.

I was wondering how well others have been doing in the other coin arenas. I would love to hear which coins you do and why. After all my testing I have decided to just leave the rigs on ETH and see how I fare out. So far, I have done well. This is of course  just my direction to go. There are so many to choose from any more it boggles the mind.

All my miners are now GTX1060 except one which is a GTX1050TI and my first one. As a side, all the GTX1060 3G cards have went south under the strain. GRINS  

Onward   thay

I mined a number of coins with the neoscrypt algorithm. They are not all as profitable as I thought.
Bcp are really empty shitcoins of any team, and even those who have a team are not all really profitable.
In order, here is the profitability that I perceived: FTC, TZC, GBX, INN, VIVO, CRC. ETH is not so profitable, but when the market falls, it's all good to have it in its choices. I still hesitate on ETC. but it is likely that I will add it as well.

In a general way, I stopped all my mining towards cryptopia. This platform requires too much comissions. I'm also trying to do without Bittrex and go through Binance. Their tradding platform seems better than the poor little square Bittrex not very practical.
I'm still stuck on Bittrex for ZEN. But I hope the KMD team will add it to the BarterDEX.

I'm trying the atomics swapps on the Komodo platform, the barterDEX, but things are more complicated than I thought. It takes the good UtxO to trade correctly, and then for now, the volumes are lower. Still, this decentralized exchange already brings good tools and hopes to dispense with an exchange like cryptopia.
Komodo is not worth much for now, but their idea is good, and their Devs are moving forward despite the schedule.
I am very disappointed with their Wallet (Agama) for now, but I am sure it will improve as it seems they are working hard on code rather than marketing. Recently, they hired marketing persnnel, and it shows, but unfortunately not yet on the price. You can now vote on their blockchain. I do not know yet what's the point, I did not take the time to read about it.

I managed to make an exchange in atomic swap HUSH => KMD. the price is about 0.5. So I had ~ 5 KMD for ~ 10 HUSH. This inter-blockcahin transaction cost less than 2 minutes. But I have not managed to do anything else since. I'm having trouble syncing the blockchain KMD which is around 5 GB. Komodod is too slow, and I think I will go through the servers electrums thereafter. At least for KMD.
This atomic swap allows me to avoid going through cryptopia for HUSH and also to avoid Bittrex that I replace porgressively Binance whose costs are lower.
Does anyone have a comparative chart on the costs of the most famous platforms and with significant volumes?

If you know of other DEXs, I'm interested to try.

The algo that has again a higher profitability is Equihash, Neoscrypt has lead in the wing because of these coins that have no real reason to exist except to pump the power of mining and therefore the satoshis that we could generate. I think that only FTC and TZC really have interest on neoscrypt. All others, including GBX are a sore. They are hard to mine and their value has fallen sharply lately. FTC recently pumped massively up to 3800 Satoshis! A great deal and easy to mine at MPH.

So, I began to mine HUSH, MONA, ZEN, ZEC, ETH + XVG, KMD, and I kept NICE-EQUIHASH, NICE-NEOSCRYPT who occasionally point the tip of their nose at WTM. I must specify that I keep these nicehash coins because I have to recover the amounts before their hasck last December. Once recovered all, it is likely that I stop mining at home. coins they offer us another carrot appetizing to stay.

I hope that this long answer will have brought you and others some answers about coins to choose and other not to choose to mine.
CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
March 22, 2018, 11:56:30 PM
Last edit: March 23, 2018, 02:20:34 PM by CryptAtomeTrader44

nvOC v0019-2.0 Community Release - Miner Update Script

This script will check your nvOC miners and download new ones.
As requested, after download it will ask to recompile them.

Code:

Downloading and checking new miners for nvOC-v0019-2.x finished

Do you want to re-compile your miners (y/N)?  y

Checking if bn.h bignum error is fixed for compiling miners or not

Select miners to compile, (multiple comma separated values: 1,6,7)
1- ASccminer
2 -KTccminer
3 -KTccminer-cryptonight
4- KXccminer
5 -NAccminer
6- SPccminer
7- TPccminer
8- vertminer
9- ANXccminer
R- MSFTccminer (RVN)

Do your Choice: [A]LL [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [R] [E]xit:

Miners Update Script:
Code:
cd /home/m1/Downloads
wget -N https://raw.githubusercontent.com/papampi/nvOC_miners/master/nvOC_miner_update.sh
bash /home/m1/Downloads/nvOC_miner_update.sh

Miner Versions:
Code:
Claymore                      11.5
Tpruvot ccminer               2.2.4
Bminer                        5.4.0
DSTM                          0.6
KlausT ccminer                8.20
KlaustT ccminer-cryptonight   2.06
Ethminer                      0.13.0
nanashi-ccminer               2.2-mod-r2
vertminer              1.0.2 Stable
ANXccminer              valexis-1.0
MSFT Tpruvot ccminer (RVN)    2.2.5

Claymore updated to 11.5

I read recently on the gitHub page of xmr-Stak, that monero will change version of algorithm to update to cryptonight V7.

They add a few other coins in cryptonight that will also go into V7.
Their miner is very efficient, very small and stable. At least for now.
It also improved in December, something I had not seen before early March. During the first launch, he assists the user in the configuration of the command files. It automatically detects the hardware for both the CPU and the GPU. And in addition, it calibrates the files so as not to saturate the CPU and / or the GPU. For example, it does not add hyperthreading CPU threads and only takes real and physically present cores.

I think it's worth following what they're doing and adding it to your juvenile update scripts. their github repository is regularly updated and the compilation can be fully automated without much trouble.

The update of XMR must intervene very soon (24/03/2018), so tomorrow! As soon as this shift is done, the pools will update as well. After this update, it would be wise to integrate their work in NVOC.

After, if you have a few thousand dollars to lose, you can also buy a Bitmain ASIC, but it is only dedicated to cryptonight V1! I strongly advise against it.

Please, papampi, fullzero, leenoox, stubo, damnmad, and other scripters i also forgot, add this ore when they will be updated.
crypt0.zone

Activity: 154
Merit: 28

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 10:26:56 AM

Just wanted to say thank you. We're using your software for a while now. Keep up the good work!  Grin

Visit crypt0.zone/calculator/
CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
March 23, 2018, 02:23:38 PM

Just wanted to say thank you. We're using your software for a while now. Keep up the good work!  Grin

Can you fork WTM switcher for your website database ? Do you provide JSON file function on your website ?
crypt0.zone

Activity: 154
Merit: 28

View Profile WWW
March 23, 2018, 04:52:59 PM

Can you fork WTM switcher for your website database ? Do you provide JSON file function on your website ?
Yeah, we plan to do this but not in the nearest future. If you want to speed this process up, please share our calculator, spread the word Smiley

Visit crypt0.zone/calculator/
Stubo

Activity: 224
Merit: 13

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 05:26:01 PM

Hey guys, long time no see/post. Forgive me for asking a question which, like a lot of them, has probably been asked over and over here. As always, this thread is particularly difficult to search and I have not been following much since the release of 19-2.0. Anyway, I have been reading some about the mounting excitement over the upcoming fork of Monero V7 POW. So I decided to look into mining it with nvOC.

What I am seeing 0miner is that the "xmr-stak" miner is used and the configuration is, well, quite unusual. If this topic has been discussed recently, could someone please post a link to it? If not, it looks like xmr-stak needs to be updated when they opt to release the new version that supports it -> https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak/releases

In reading the Issues section, I see this "I'll repeat to everyone asking for an early release: If anyone wants this now to test, pull master, merge the PR, build and test. If you would rather have an official xmr-stak release, you have to wait as the team need to test themselves."

So what is the official Community Release stance/status on this? 
CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:13:54 PM

Hey guys, long time no see/post. Forgive me for asking a question which, like a lot of them, has probably been asked over and over here. As always, this thread is particularly difficult to search and I have not been following much since the release of 19-2.0. Anyway, I have been reading some about the mounting excitement over the upcoming fork of Monero V7 POW. So I decided to look into mining it with nvOC.

What I am seeing 0miner is that the "xmr-stak" miner is used and the configuration is, well, quite unusual. If this topic has been discussed recently, could someone please post a link to it? If not, it looks like xmr-stak needs to be updated when they opt to release the new version that supports it -> https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak/releases

In reading the Issues section, I see this "I'll repeat to everyone asking for an early release: If anyone wants this now to test, pull master, merge the PR, build and test. If you would rather have an official xmr-stak release, you have to wait as the team need to test themselves."

So what is the official Community Release stance/status on this? 

I post a coment like yours 2 days ago :
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg32943684#msg32943684

I follow their miner since 1 year, and i'm sure this is the best cryptonight miner. So, i think your asks are rightful.

I also noticed that the activity on this forum has greatly diminished since the return of Fullzero. I do not really know why or what's going on behind this apparent drop in activity, but I hope the reasons are good and that we will soon be thinking about why with a new release.
I think I'm a little too optimistic and nothing is happening in reality. Sad

I think that falling prices in the cryptos market are causing a change in the time spent trading to avoid too many losses.
Stubo

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 07:57:01 PM

Thank you sir. That was very recent and I should have caught it.

So in your post, are saying that the December version (-> https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak/releases) does an auto configuration instead of the "unusual" config steps that are done with each execution in the current 0miner? If so, I am assuming that you compiled it up and discovered this. I am trying to figure out where to start and it sounds like you are ahead of me. If it does the auto configuration, then we need to adjust the code in 0miner to support it (presumably by removing the configuration code is there).

BTW, the fork has been pushed out to 4/6 (https://github.com/monero-project/monero).
pandorum

Activity: 2

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 10:17:23 PM

Hi

I am using main BioStar H81S2, how can I boot nvOC from USB Stick. I tried to using it, but it not show from boot menu.
leenoox

Activity: 200
Merit: 101

View Profile
March 24, 2018, 11:07:59 PM

Hi

I am using main BioStar H81S2, how can I boot nvOC from USB Stick. I tried to using it, but it not show from boot menu.

Disable UEFI, enable CSM or Legacy boot devices. Try different USB ports. If you still having trouble join the Discord chat, it's easier to troubleshoot through live chat (I think the link is in the third post on page 1 of this thread)

ababadababa

Activity: 6

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:37:08 AM

hello, and thank you. i am all up and running.

how to add new coin? i mean coin which is not listed in 1bash?
Stubo

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:47:03 AM

XMR/Monero mining using XMR-STAK

I found the answers I was looking for and better understand the code in 0miner now. I wanted to be able to compile the latest miner just to gain some experience in how to do it for the soon to be released version that supports the fork. What I did to compile up the December version was to follow the last few steps of this:

https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak/blob/master/doc/compile_Linux.md

(dunno if this is what is included in nvOC 19-2.0 or not)

Specifically, I did these steps:

Code:
cd /home/m1/xmr
mkdir tmp
cd tmp
git clone https://github.com/fireice-uk/xmr-stak.git
mkdir xmr-stak/build
cd xmr-stak/build
cmake ..
make install

If you just execute the binary (./xmr-stak), it will do a one-time prompt for coin, pool, addr.worker and pass and create the necessary configuration files config.txt, cpu.txt and nvidia.txt. As I mentioned in a previous post, 0miner does a similar configuration, but it is unclear to me if the existing code is correct for v2.2.0 (a.k.a, the December version).
Stubo

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 09:48:49 AM

hello, and thank you. i am all up and running.

how to add new coin? i mean coin which is not listed in 1bash?

See this post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1854250.msg32700516#msg32700516

keno1234

Activity: 15

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 04:08:34 PM

Hi guys,
For some reasons, I have to use Wireless USB Adapter instead of Lan. I have Totolink-N150UA and I want to install its driver.

The driver is in this link: http://www.totolink.net/sub/product/detail.asp?product_num=100035

however, I don't know how to install the driver in Linux, NVOC. Can anyone please teach me?
Thank you very much.

PS. I know linux doesn't need to install the driver to be able to use the wireless usb adapter, but internet connection to mining pool is very bad, so I want to try update the driver.
hallzero

Activity: 12

View Profile
March 25, 2018, 05:39:39 PM

Hi guys,

still being fairly new to Linux i encountered the following problem:

Recently i built a rig with a Ryzen 7 1700x and AMD GPU´s and then installed nvOC 19-2.0 Community.

Did not work at all, always got stuck in a login loop and the miner1 password didn´t work, the rig stayed in the login loop.

So obviously i started searching the web and found several threads with exactly the same problem, not for nvOC but Ubuntu 16.04. And there were some solutions which helped others like reassign the read write permissions, renewing .Xauthority and other solutions but none of these worked on my rig, it stayed in the login loop no matter what i did. I used a freshly imaged nvOC 19-2.0 with no changes whatsoever.
I could ctrl+alt+f1 into a tty and login but i could not get nvOC to start and run a miner.

So i figured i just try a different combination and changed the motherboard and now it gets weired. After changing the mobo the same thing happened i was stuck in the login loop so i started to change everything. I tried several motherboard´s, switched memory sticks, used Nvidia GPU´s as well as AMD GPU´s, put nvOC on an USB stick as well as on a harddisk but nothing worked for me in combination with a Ryzen processor. I also tried a Ryzen 3 and a Ryzen 5. Using a windows setup all these combinations worked just fine but not with nvOC.

The second i put a Ryzen processor into any one rig and install nvOC i always get stuck in a login loop.

So is there anybody out there successfully mining with a Ryzen processor and nvOC?
Was anybody stuck in the login loop on nvOC and successfully resolved this matter and how?

Sorry guy´s i am lost here, need some help i can´t use nvOC with a Ryzen processor.
Pages: « 1 ... 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 [380] 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: