Bitcoin Forum
September 26, 2024, 06:36:04 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.1 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [OS] nvOC easy-to-use Linux Nvidia Mining  (Read 417987 times)
afroid

Activity: 11
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 08:41:50 PM

hi
I am a beginner in mining.I start mining with nvOC. now I want to change my payout in nanopool setting but can't change it because I haven't password. how can I set a password for my workers in onebash file??

Hello there,

Welcome to nvOC.

What coin you mining? The easy and best way is to append your email to worker, password is always 'x' i think.

To achieve that, append your worker name;

for eg; If you are mining ETH then, get your current worker name from nanopool (you must have the exact name to amend the payout)

In 1bash fine this variable & change this (please hard code the worker name & email - don't use variables)

ETH_WORKER="workerNameFromNanoPool/youremail@mail.com"

It takes some time for pool to append these changes, any questions please let us know.

Thank U my friend
change it in eth and wating for pool to append changes.
I have another question  When i running dual mining eth+dcr, miner shows this error>>>  dcr : authorization failed : (null). What should I do!?
damNmad

Activity: 378
Merit: 104

nvOC forever

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 09:09:48 PM

hi
I am a beginner in mining.I start mining with nvOC. now I want to change my payout in nanopool setting but can't change it because I haven't password. how can I set a password for my workers in onebash file??

Hello there,

Welcome to nvOC.

What coin you mining? The easy and best way is to append your email to worker, password is always 'x' i think.

for eg; If you are mining ETH then, get your current worker name from nanopool (you must have the exact name to amend the payout)

In 1bash fine this variable & change this (please hard code the worker name & email - don't use variables)

It takes some time for pool to append these changes, any questions please let us know.

Thank U my friend
I have another question  When i running dual mining eth+dcr, miner shows this error>>>  dcr : authorization failed : (null). What should I do!?

Hope you will be able to change payout soon.

It means your DCR login isn't getting accepted by pool, paste your DCR coin details from 1bash and ETH_DCR details from 0miner here.

I will rectify them according to your needs and paste them back.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
▐▐▐▐▐▐▐▐   ANN  Whitepaper  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram  Discord    ▌▌▌▌▌▌▌▌
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
afroid

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:00:53 PM

hi

Hello there,

Welcome to nvOC.

Thank U my friend

It means your DCR login isn't getting accepted by pool, paste your DCR coin details from 1bash and ETH_DCR details from 0miner here.

I didn't any change in 1bash just change coin to dual_eth_dcr   other code in 1bash is from nvoc 19. I made worker in dcr.suprnova.cc  with user and pass i think should set my password from worker i made in pool to 1bash!
damNmad

nvOC forever

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 10:37:32 PM

hi

Hello there,

Welcome to nvOC.

Thank U my friend

I didn't any change in 1bash just change coin to dual_eth_dcr   other code in 1bash is from nvoc 19. I made worker in dcr.suprnova.cc  with user and pass i think should set my password from worker i made in pool to 1bash!

Ok, I know that you haven't changed a thing in 1bash.

We've been on version 19 from past 8 months, we had 6 sub versions under 19, I don't know which version you using.

NOPE!

Setting your password doesn't just let you mine, I would suggest you to set your worker password to 'x' on suprnova dashboard. (no one can access your coins with this password, keep the actual login password safe)

I need two things from you, to help you further...

1) I've asked you to paste the DCR details from 1bash because, i want to know how you set it up, need to correct them if there is any mistake.

2) I don't know which sub version you are using, so

a. I would suggest you to look for 0miner file in home folder, if you can find it then search for 'DUAL_ETH_DCR' and paste that code over here.
b. If you unable to find 0miner file, then look for 3main file and search for the same 'DUAL_ETH_DCR' and get those lines here.

I can help you in minutes once I have the above information.

PS : Every pool uses different approach, account based and address based are different.

DeepOnion    ▬▬  Anonymous and Untraceable  ▬▬    ENJOY YOUR PRIVACY  •  JOIN DEEPONION
Get $ONION  (✔Cryptopia  ✔KuCoin)  |  VoteCentral  Register NOW!  |  Download DeepOnion
DJWminer

Activity: 1

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 11:40:21 PM

Welcome back fullzero!! Smiley What setting are you using on MPH WTM switch to anyone that is using that feature?.. ATM its set to check profits every minute and sync to change coin every 3 mins no setting for min mining time before a switch
CryptAtomeTrader44

Activity: 340
Merit: 103

It is easier to break an atom than partialities AE

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 12:14:53 AM

We've been on version 19 from past 8 months, we had 6 sub versions under 19, I don't know which version you using.

NOPE!

Setting your password doesn't just let you mine, I would suggest you to set your worker password to 'x' on suprnova dashboard. (no one can access your coins with this password, keep the actual login password safe)

1) I've asked you to paste the DCR details from 1bash because, i want to know how you set it up, need to correct them if there is any mistake.

a. I would suggest you to look for 0miner file in home folder, if you can find it then search for 'DUAL_ETH_DCR' and paste that code over here.
b. If you unable to find 0miner file, then look for 3main file and search for the same 'DUAL_ETH_DCR' and get those lines here.

PS : Every pool uses different approach, account based and address based are different.

I think that DUAL_ETH mining variable isn't usefull. IMO, it's better to use claymore arguments additionnals like this for XVG.

Code:
 /home/m1/miners/latests/eth/claymore/ethdcrminer64 -epool europe.ethash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20535 -ewal cryptatometrader44.MINER44 -epsw x  -dbg -1 -esm 2 -epsw x -allpools 1 -allcoins 1 -dpool stratum+tcp://xvg.eu1.unimining.net:5770 -dwal XVG_WALLET_ADDRESS -dpsw c=XVG -dcoin blake2s -dcri 25
or For Libry :

Code:
/home/m1/miners/latests/eth/claymore/ethdcrminer64 -epool europe.ethash-hub.miningpoolhub.com:20535 -ewal cryptatometrader44.MINER44 -epsw x  -dbg -1 -esm 2 -epsw x -allpools 1 -allcoins 1 -dpool stratum+tcp://lbry.suprnova.cc:6256 -dwal cryptatometrader44.MINER44 -dpsw x -dcoin lbc -dcri 25

In my 1bash :
Code:
ETH_EXTENSION_ARGUMENTS="-esm 2 -epsw x -allpools 1 -allcoins 1 -dpool stratum+tcp://xvg.eu1.unimining.net:5770 -dwal XVG_WALLET_ADDRESS.MINER44 -dpsw c=XVG -dcoin blake2s -dcri 25"    # add any additional claymore arguments desired here

And in my 0miner file command  :
Code:
 if [ $ETHMINER_or_GENOIL_or_CLAYMORE == "CLAYMORE" ]
then

HCD='/home/m1/miners/latests/eth/claymore/ethdcrminer64'

ETHADDR="$ETH_ADDRESS/$ETH_WORKER"

if [ $DOT_POOL_FORMAT_or_FORWARD_SLASH_POOL_FORMAT == "DOT" ]
    then
      ETHADDR="$ETH_ADDRESS.$ETH_WORKER"
    fi

screen -dmSL miner $HCD -epool $ETH_POOL:$ETH_PORT -ewal $ETHADDR -epsw x -mode 0 -dbg -1 $ETH_EXTENSION_ARGUMENTS

I replaced
Code:
-mode 1
by
Code:
-mode 0
in all command line Ethash algo (PIRL, EXP, UBQ, ETC ...) because if not replacing, claymore was mining only ETH.

Claymore have 1% fee by pool, so 1% ofr eth and 1% for other dual mining coin. This miner is more stable than ethminer, many could to tell you. Although, some people here prefer not to pay fees to the developper
Then this dev has recently shown that it could evolve quickly and extensively its software. In addition, his manual is always explicit, easy to read after a first complete reading. I tried others miners and I came back pretty quickly to Claymore.
I know what i wrote above is a little promotion for it, but I have no interest or personal knowledge of his author. Only an undeniable recognition of his work. Even if like everyone else, I would not like to pay these fees...

i used gg translate
afroid

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 04:12:51 AM

hi

Hello there,

Welcome to nvOC.

Thank U my friend

NOPE!

thanks for your help
search for 0miner but i cant find it.i found 3main and this  code
if [ $COIN == "DUAL_ETH_DCR" ]
then

if [ $CLAYMORE_VERSION == "9_8" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/eth/9_8/ethdcrminer64'
fi

if [ $CLAYMORE_VERSION == "9_7" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/eth/9_7/ethdcrminer64'
fi

if [ $CLAYMORE_VERSION == "9_5" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/eth/9_5/ethdcrminer64'
fi

if [ $CLAYMORE_VERSION == "9_4" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/eth/9_4/ethdcrminer64'
fi

if [ $CLAYMORE_VERSION == "8_0" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/eth/8_0/ethdcrminer64'
fi

then
fi

DADDR="$DCR_ADDRESS.$DCR_WORKER"

screen -dmS miner $HCD -epool $ETH_POOL -ewal $ETHADDR -epsw x -dpool $DCR_POOL -dwal $DADDR -dpsw x -dbg -1 $ETH_EXTENSION_ARGUMENTS

if [ $LOCALorREMOTE == "LOCAL" ]
then
screen -r miner
fi

BITCOIN="theGROUND"

while [ $BITCOIN == "theGROUND" ]
do
sleep 60
done
fi
afroid

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 06:04:05 AM

sorry i am beginner Roll Eyes
how can i run nvOC-19-2-update on my nvOC v0019 ?
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2018, 09:09:01 AM

sorry i am beginner Roll Eyes
how can i run nvOC-19-2-update on my nvOC v0019 ?

Better to do full image upgrade:
Mega.nz Community Edition 19-2.0 Shrinkied Image Download link

Code:
Image size: 11 GB
ZIP size: 3.8 GB
Auto Expand to full size on first boot
Fixed copy 1bash from fat partition to SSD/HDD on first boot
SHA256: ACCA9787169E6E722ED74FB02DBE1C44E7760CEB537CB79D4C61C7FFF8AD3057

But you can do the upgrade with:
Code:
cd /home/m1/Downloads
wget -N https://www.dropbox.com/s/cyo86xoqotplges/nvOC-19-2-update
bash /home/m1/Downloads/nvOC-19-2-update

Update miners:
Code:
cd /home/m1/Downloads
wget -N https://raw.githubusercontent.com/papampi/nvOC_miners/master/nvOC_miner_update.sh
bash /home/m1/Downloads/nvOC_miner_update.sh

damNmad

nvOC forever

View Profile
March 07, 2018, 11:20:36 AM

NOPE!

thanks for your help
search for 0miner but i cant find it.i found 3main and this  code
Code:
if [ $COIN == "DUAL_ETH_DCR" ]
then

if [ $CLAYMORE_VERSION == "9_8" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/eth/9_8/ethdcrminer64'
fi

if [ $CLAYMORE_VERSION == "9_7" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/eth/9_7/ethdcrminer64'
fi

if [ $CLAYMORE_VERSION == "9_5" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/eth/9_5/ethdcrminer64'
fi

if [ $CLAYMORE_VERSION == "9_4" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/eth/9_4/ethdcrminer64'
fi

if [ $CLAYMORE_VERSION == "8_0" ]
then
HCD='/home/m1/eth/8_0/ethdcrminer64'
fi

then
fi

DADDR="$DCR_ADDRESS.$DCR_WORKER"

screen -dmS miner $HCD -epool $ETH_POOL -ewal $ETHADDR -epsw x -dpool $DCR_POOL -dwal $DADDR -dpsw x -dbg -1 $ETH_EXTENSION_ARGUMENTS

if [ $LOCALorREMOTE == "LOCAL" ]
then
screen -r miner
fi

BITCOIN="theGROUND"

while [ $BITCOIN == "theGROUND" ]
do
sleep 60
done
fi

Thanks bruv, you should've posted the DCR coin details from 1bash as well, anyway, by looking at the above code seems normal to me, so i will post the solutions below.

Not sure what sort of pool you are using for ETH, but if it is account based pool like suprnova then, check/change the below option

$DOT_POOL_FORMAT_or_FORWARD_SLASH_POOL_FORMAT == "DOT"

Add the extension arguments and make sure about the format;
ETH_WORKER="workerName"
ETH_ADDRESS="loginName"
ETH_POOL="poolAddress"
ETH_EXTENSION_ARGUMENTS="-allpools 1"    # add any additional claymore arguments desired here

If you are using non account based pools like nanopool or dwarfpool then don't touch change the below variable :

$DOT_POOL_FORMAT_or_FORWARD_SLASH_POOL_FORMAT

Add the extension arguments and make sure about the format;
ETH_WORKER=$WORKERNAME
ETH_ADDRESS="yourWalletAddress"
ETH_POOL="poolAddress"
ETH_EXTENSION_ARGUMENTS="-allpools 1"    # add any additional claymore arguments desired here

Must change the DCR settings according to the below format, if you are dual mining.
DCR_WORKER="workerName"
DCR_ADDRESS="joviSupra"
DCR_POOL="dcr.suprnova.cc:3252" (guess this is what you are using??)

Try the above options and let me know how it goes, if you still see authentication error, just go to guake

Code:
ps aux | grep miner

type this and pass the result to me; i will try to help you based on that.

Samrod3133

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 01:36:25 PM

So I feel like an idiot but for some reason on initial set up I am getting error message: error file system entering rescue mode grub rescue...

I am using a 16gb San disk flash drive could this be the reason why? Could it be because I have Linux mint running on this system and simply shut down removed the hard drive, changed the bios settings for the usb configuration and then rebooted with the flash drive inserted?

I’m a noob obviously... any help is more than appreciated. Please!!!
WaveFront

Activity: 126
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 03:05:26 PM

Bizarre thing.

I have a rig loaded with 7 GTX 1060 6Gb.
The ./nvOC gpuinfo command is showing me that all GPUs have aproximately the same GPUCLOCK and MEMCLOCK (the GPUs are from different manufacturers)
Nevertheless the miner log is showing me that 5 GPUs have a hash rate of approximately 22 Mh/s, but two have a hash rate of 19 Mh/s

How is this possible considering that the GPUs and Memory clock rates are the same?

Cheers
CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 04:25:00 PM

Bizarre thing.

The ./nvOC gpuinfo command is showing me that all GPUs have aproximately the same GPUCLOCK and MEMCLOCK (the GPUs are from different manufacturers)
Nevertheless the miner log is showing me that 5 GPUs have a hash rate of approximately 22 Mh/s, but two have a hash rate of 19 Mh/s

How is this possible considering that the GPUs and Memory clock rates are the same?

Cheers

Due to differents memory manufacturers. Samsung is best memory for GPU than SK-Hynix. And for sure, assembler don't tell us what memory constructor they use for their cards.

Papampi had exactly the same problem several weeks ago. And you are Luckier than me because i have 5 GTX1060 and 3 of them give 19 MH/s only on ETH. One of them heat a lot and i am forced to reduce its CClock and MEMCLOCK

I think i will resell them one by one, but if someone knows an assembler which is using samsung memory only, i 'll give him a ki** ( Cheesy) , hum sorry, a merit point !

I didn't used GG Translate for this message. I'm trying ...
papampi

Activity: 686
Merit: 140

Linux FOREVER! Resistance is futile!!!

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 05:20:37 PM

So I feel like an idiot but for some reason on initial set up I am getting error message: error file system entering rescue mode grub rescue...

I am using a 16gb San disk flash drive could this be the reason why? Could it be because I have Linux mint running on this system and simply shut down removed the hard drive, changed the bios settings for the usb configuration and then rebooted with the flash drive inserted?

Which image you used?
The shrinked image should have no problem with your 16gb drive.
Try to remove the partitions and reformat with gparted then image it again.

nvOC 19-2.0 Shrinked Image Mega.nz Download link

Code:
Download size: 3.8 GB

Samrod3133

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:16:47 PM

Which image you used?
The shrinked image should have no problem with your 16gb drive.
Try to remove the partitions and reformat with gparted then image it again.

nvOC 19-2.0 Shrinked Image Mega.nz Download link

Code:
Download size: 3.8 GB

I used 19-1.4 maybe that’s why. Thanks for the link soon as I’m out of work I’ll try that one thank you!
Samrod3133

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:56:58 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2018, 05:46:24 AM by Samrod3133

Thank you PAPAMPI! I got it up and running! 6 GPU per board and installed on 3 boards! THANK YOU!!
WaveFront

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:31:50 AM
Last edit: March 09, 2018, 06:36:58 AM by WaveFront

Bizarre thing.

Cheers

Due to differents memory manufacturers. Samsung is best memory for GPU than SK-Hynix. And for sure, assembler don't tell us what memory constructor they use for their cards.

Papampi had exactly the same problem several weeks ago. And you are Luckier than me because i have 5 GTX1060 and 3 of them give 19 MH/s only on ETH. One of them heat a lot and i am forced to reduce its CClock and MEMCLOCK

I think i will resell them one by one, but if someone knows an assembler which is using samsung memory only, i 'll give him a ki** ( Cheesy) , hum sorry, a merit point !

I didn't used GG Translate for this message. I'm trying ...
Hi CryptAtomeTrader44,
Samsung stopped producing 2GB GDDR5 memory chips (at least the ones compatible with the GTX1060), and upgraded the fab to produce more profitable components. Therefore finding a GPU with Samsung chips is going to be more and more difficult. The gap has been filled in by Micron Technologies. Their chips are pretty good almost comparable to Samsung... the other manufacturers are crap.

Now then... in Europe, finding a GTX at a reasonble price is more and more challenging, In january there was a turning point and a dramatic increase in prices that where already very high. This at the same time than the crash in all cryptocurrencies, which is strange, since with lower coins value, mining should be less attractive.
In summary if I find a reasonably priced GTX 1060 6Gb, I buy, regardless of the memory manufacturer... so if you want to selll, I might buy :-D
CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 01:14:23 AM
Last edit: March 10, 2018, 12:53:20 PM by CryptAtomeTrader44

Hi CryptAtomeTrader44,
Samsung stopped producing 2GB GDDR5 memory chips (at least the ones compatible with the GTX1060), and upgraded the fab to produce more profitable components. Therefore finding a GPU with Samsung chips is going to be more and more difficult. The gap has been filled in by Micron Technologies. Their chips are pretty good almost comparable to Samsung... the other manufacturers are crap.

Now then... in Europe, finding a GTX at a reasonble price is more and more challenging, In january there was a turning point and a dramatic increase in prices that where already very high. This at the same time than the crash in all cryptocurrencies, which is strange, since with lower coins value, mining should be less attractive.
In summary if I find a reasonably priced GTX 1060 6Gb, I buy, regardless of the memory manufacturer... so if you want to selll, I might buy :-D

I live in France and i agree with you about prices ...i wanted to buy GTX1070 before massive increase price. I was already to pay 500€ per card, but finally, price climb over 600€ one week just before i decide to buy ...So, i finally decide to buy GTX 1060 Aaurus in "la boutique du mineur", a french website from Paris for crypto miners. IMO, His prices and fiability are reasonable.

I Stop minning Neoscrypt Coins like GBX, CRC, VIVO, TZC, but i continue to mine FTC because it is on MPH and IMO has been pretty profitable since i mined it.

I will sell theses cards when I had succeeded to put 12 cards that my BIOSTAR allows me to install. I have only 7 cards now  Undecided Sad

Moreover, it seemed to me on a few sites that Nvidia is preparing other special minning cards for trying to separate minning market and gaming market (their core job).

I think in the next two or three months we will have opportunity to buy new specials mining cards. And they know that the minning is now here to last a very long time.

In fact, the real problem is that of international competition in manufacturing of GPUs is so much low. It is much too weak and cotnroler by the Americans who negotiate without saying world news with Canadian AMD so that it is profitable for both manufacturers whose courses and business gains were multiplied by two in less than two years due to minning GPU massive increase.

About samsung and micron brand memory chips, I want to trust you, but that's not what I read. If you have links that talk about this subject and comparisons, I'm interested.
In any case, I think this fact should be clearly stated on the technical specifications when we buy them. Even for the players, this case is important. This mass minning market has therefore raised a problem in this trade of micro graphics controllers. Promises are not always kept in the right way because nothing guarantees that the price paid will reflect the performance of the memory chips installed on the cards.
There is another problem with the graphics cards components : the coils. Some are bad and whistle (Coil Whine) quite audible for my honey cages (ears), and very unpleasant at first.

I think it will be necessary that this case is cleared or denounced. But as I said, they are only two very big GPU manufacturers on this globe and therefore, they have nothing to do complaints of minors or players as the purchases are growing ...

I used gg translate and edited.
WaveFront

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 03:45:01 PM

Hi CryptAtomeTrader44,

I live in France and i agree with you about prices ...i wanted to buy GTX1070 before massive increase price. I was already to pay 500€ per card, but finally, price climb over 600€ one week just before i decide to buy ...So, i finally decide to buy GTX 1060 Aaurus in "la boutique du mineur", a french website from Paris for crypto miners. IMO, His prices and fiability are reasonable.

I Stop minning Neoscrypt Coins like GBX, CRC, VIVO, TZC, but i continue to mine FTC because it is on MPH and IMO has been pretty profitable since i mined it.

I will sell theses cards when I had succeeded to put 12 cards that my BIOSTAR allows me to install. I have only 7 cards now  Undecided Sad

Moreover, it seemed to me on a few sites that Nvidia is preparing other special minning cards for trying to separate minning market and gaming market (their core job).

I think in the next two or three months we will have opportunity to buy new specials mining cards. And they know that the minning is now here to last a very long time.

In fact, the real problem is that of international competition in manufacturing of GPUs is so much low. It is much too weak and cotnroler by the Americans who negotiate without saying world news with Canadian AMD so that it is profitable for both manufacturers whose courses and business gains were multiplied by two in less than two years due to minning GPU massive increase.

About samsung and micron brand memory chips, I want to trust you, but that's not what I read. If you have links that talk about this subject and comparisons, I'm interested.
In any case, I think this fact should be clearly stated on the technical specifications when we buy them. Even for the players, this case is important. This mass minning market has therefore raised a problem in this trade of micro graphics controllers. Promises are not always kept in the right way because nothing guarantees that the price paid will reflect the performance of the memory chips installed on the cards.
There is another problem with the graphics cards components : the coils. Some are bad and whistle (Coil Whine) quite audible for my honey cages (ears), and very unpleasant at first.

I think it will be necessary that this case is cleared or denounced. But as I said, they are only two very big GPU manufacturers on this globe and therefore, they have nothing to do complaints of minors or players as the purchases are growing ...

I used gg translate and edited.
Bonjour CryptAtomeTrader44,
Je parle assez bien le français, si tu veux on continue la discussion dans le forum en Français.
When choosing a GPU for mining, you normally optimise 3 parameters:
1) Hash rate for your target coin/algorithm
2) power consumption
3) cost of acquisition or time to break even
For mining ETH I find the best compromise is in principle with the GTX 1060 6Gb or the GTX 1070, but this changes constantly.
As far as I understand the hike in prices is mainly due to the card manufacturers and distributors rather than NVIDIA or AMD. NVIDIA and AMD are reluctant to increase production capacity, since the investment to create a new fab is huge and the volatility of the crypto market if high. So the risk/costs involved in increasing production capacity make that the market will stay in scarcity mode for some time.

For the GPU memory, I just report what I read in the GTX 1060 discussion thread in BitcoinTalk (for example: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1575547.200 )
I had a look at the "la boutique du mineur" and prices on the expensive side.
If you want to find good deals on GPU you have to expand your search outside France and check prices on a regular base. On amazon.fr for example prices can fluctuate 20% from one day to the next one.
Check German online shops they have pretty competitive prices.
CryptAtomeTrader44

View Profile
March 10, 2018, 11:08:28 PM
Last edit: March 10, 2018, 11:21:58 PM by CryptAtomeTrader44

Bonjour CryptAtomeTrader44,
Je parle assez bien le français, si tu veux on continue la discussion dans le forum en Français.
When choosing a GPU for mining, you normally optimise 3 parameters:
1) Hash rate for your target coin/algorithm
2) power consumption
3) cost of acquisition or time to break even
For mining ETH I find the best compromise is in principle with the GTX 1060 6Gb or the GTX 1070, but this changes constantly.
As far as I understand the hike in prices is mainly due to the card manufacturers and distributors rather than NVIDIA or AMD. NVIDIA and AMD are reluctant to increase production capacity, since the investment to create a new fab is huge and the volatility of the crypto market if high. So the risk/costs involved in increasing production capacity make that the market will stay in scarcity mode for some time.

For the GPU memory, I just report what I read in the GTX 1060 discussion thread in BitcoinTalk (for example: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1575547.200 )
I had a look at the "la boutique du mineur" and prices on the expensive side.
If you want to find good deals on GPU you have to expand your search outside France and check prices on a regular base. On amazon.fr for example prices can fluctuate 20% from one day to the next one.
Check German online shops they have pretty competitive prices.

Je regarde les comparateurs de prix presque tous les jours et je suis en mesure de t'affirmer que sur Amazon il n'y pas de différence de prix si ce n'est que tu peux payer plus cher.

I look at price comparators almost every day and I can tell you that on Amazon there is no difference in price except that you can pay more.
I don't know about germany's shops, but if you buy in germany, you have to pay other taxes or trasnport costs. So, i am ready to discuss on PM with you about that.

I'll continue in private messages.
Pages: « 1 ... 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 366 367 368 369 370 371 372 373 374 375 376 [377] 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 »
  Print  

Jump to: