Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 12:06:34 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  
Author Topic: CGWatcher 1.4.0, the GUI/monitor for CGMiner and BFGMiner to prevent downtime  (Read 180379 times)
Shenrox

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:31:05 PM

Hi guys
I need your help

My rig
Intel MB ASROCK H77 Pro4/M, Celeron CPU, 8GB RAM, 3x SAPPHIRE R9 280X TOXIC

My config
--scrypt  -o stratum+tcp://vtc.poolz.net:3333 -u XXX -p XXX -v 1 -w 256 -I 13 -g 2 --lookup-gap 2 --gpu-powertune -20,-20  --temp-overheat 89,89 --temp-cutoff 90,90 --gpu-memclock 1500,1500 --gpu-engine 1000,1000 --thread-concurrency 8193

I'm mining vertcoin where is necessary modified CGMINER (see http://vertcoin.org/)

I've got two problems with my rig I cannot get on
1. After first start, automatic or manual restart of CGWATHER one card has different gpu-memclock and gpu-engine values like other two,  like it's defined by config, it gets gpu 1150 mem 1600 and therefore  it runs lower Hashrate. After I correct it in CGWATHER GUI the card start working fine. After restart it happens again.

2. Time to time I found my rig not mining and when I start it one card cannot start. It shows 0 hash rate and after another restart it marked the card sick. This can be easily solved by automatic rig restart, but after that it runs lower hash rate due to issue #1.

btw my log https://gofile.me/24UHK/Nsar3pWa

Guys, any advice appreciated!

Whats your hardware setup? It almost looks like your running win 7 or earlier and only have 1 screen plugged into the main card. Have you got a "dummy" plug plugged into the second card, because windows disables one card automatically if it's not plugged into a screen...
You also only have settings set for only 2 cards and not 3, so 1 cards will default to it own settings......
Also, try running CGWatcher as an administrator..

Lol, my 2 cents, i had a similar problem a while ago.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
brao

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:53:11 PM

thanks man, I update my config for 3rd card and I resolved my first problem.

I'm running Win 8 and AMD Catalyst version 13.11. No screen plugged into any of my cards and no dummy plugs as well. Probably Win8 is handling that better way.

on other hand I can see after some time running continuously two of card reports some HW errors in cgwatcher device stat. But once I resolved proper restart I can reboot rig one device is sick Smiley
Shenrox

Activity: 140
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 05:13:40 PM

thanks man, I update my config for 3rd card and I resolved my first problem.

I'm running Win 8 and AMD Catalyst version 13.11. No screen plugged into any of my cards and no dummy plugs as well. Probably Win8 is handling that better way.

on other hand I can see after some time running continuously two of card reports some HW errors in cgwatcher device stat. But once I resolved proper restart I can reboot rig one device is sick Smiley

Good to hear. If you don't use the dummy plug windows 8 disables the GPU after about 1-2 hours.... Mine does
I tried the dummy plug but then still had a few issues, so now i use the crossfire x adoptor, but DON'T enable it in windows. Seems to be working for me.
When mine gets sick i don't have to reboot the pc, but after installing the dummy plug or xfire cable, i only have to restart the miner...

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  [   CRYPTOS⚫LARTECH    ]  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
  White Paper    ||  BLOCKCHAIN & ENERGY FOR A BETTER WORLD  ||    One Pager 
Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  [[   TOKEN SALE is LIVE   ]]  Medium  Youtube  Reddit
Starscream

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 11:33:16 PM

Maybe it has been asked, and in that case I'm sorry for the double question, anyway, my question:

Is there a way, similar to how the "restart 'miner/computer' if hashrate falls below 'xxxx'" to have the miner/pc restart if the work utility falls below a certain threshold? I had a case right now where my WU dropped significantly while my KH/s stayed the same. Had to restart SGminer to resolve this, but still, would be nice if CGWatcher had the option to exclusively monitor WU - it is the major factor that counts after all.
Degolep

Activity: 210
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 10, 2014, 02:47:16 PM
Last edit: April 13, 2014, 11:51:10 AM by Degolep

I use two different cgminers(same version) one for the night when I pump out everything I can from my 7950 and one for the day when I use my computer.

But at night I use cgminer withour cgwatcher with settings:
setx GPU_MAX_ALLOC_PERCENT 100
setx GPU_USE_SYNC_OBJECTS 1
cgminer.exe --scrypt --auto-fan -o stratum+tcp://stratum2.dogehouse.org:943 -u u.pw -p pw --thread-concurrency 21568 --lookup-gap 0 -w 256 -I 17 -g 1 --gpu-engine 880 --gpu-memclock 1250

With these settings I get around 525KH/s

But if I use cgwather and put thread concurrency 21568 and intensity at 20 I get like 60KH/s. But if I use threadconcurency 16862 intensity at 13 I get 470KH/s. So I dont get it what CGminer doesnt like Smiley . Its an awesome program but I just dont get it how can I get past 500KH/s with cgminer.

Mining DOGE
milone (OP)

Activity: 434
Merit: 251

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 12:41:31 AM

Shenrox:  Thanks for the help answering questions. Wink

Starscream:  When I get the time to create a "restart miner/computer if hashrate exceeds N" monitoring option as mentioned above, I'll also add a "restart miner/computer if work utility falls below N" option. It might be a couple weeks before I can get to it (I'm in the middle of moving at the moment), but they're both on the to-do list.

Degolep:  You know that you can tell CGWatcher to launch a batch file instead of pointing to the miner executable, right? In the Profile Manager window, for "Miner Path"... point it to your batch file and CGWatcher will launch that instead of *miner.exe. If you do this or are already doing it and are seeing different hashrates with/without CGWatcher, go to the Tests tab and locate the Debug Reports & Utilities section halfway down the window. There is a drop-down list on the right - select "Show last miner start configuration" and click Run. This will show your config settings and the exact settings CGWatcher used when it last launched the miner. They should be pretty much identical, but if you see anything that is changed that shouldn't be please let me know. It doesn't really change any settings aside from enabling the API if necessary and it may list a few additional settings but at their default values. Nothing that should affect hashrate.

CGWatcher, a GUI/monitor for CGMiner & BFGMiner: http://www.cgwatcher.com
CGRemote, a remote mining dashboard for all of your miners: http://www.minerremote.com
BTC: 12TAYjmSrdDHLNpmix2MG6y3R868SMM7Fx    LTC: LM6Un6hZvPzLBggJWiAVG6E6w2GfaHukXY
alientida

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 03:04:28 AM

I'm wanting to run multiple instances of CG remote (2 to be exact, to keep farm hashrate split in two). The CG watcher info for how to run multiple instances doesn't seem to work with CG remote.

Any help?
milone (OP)

Activity: 434

CGWatcher & CGRemote

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2014, 03:19:12 AM

CGRemote currently will only run one instance per computer. This is by design, because it would require less resources to have one instance with all of the miners rather than two instances - each with half the miners. If you prefer to use two instances anyway I'll remove the limit in the next update. Similar to running multiple instances of CGWatcher, each CGRemote instance will need its own folder.

CGWatcher, a GUI/monitor for CGMiner & BFGMiner: http://www.cgwatcher.com
CGRemote, a remote mining dashboard for all of your miners: http://www.minerremote.com
BTC: 12TAYjmSrdDHLNpmix2MG6y3R868SMM7Fx    LTC: LM6Un6hZvPzLBggJWiAVG6E6w2GfaHukXY
Timmieman

Activity: 136

View Profile
February 11, 2014, 09:11:30 AM

Hiya Guys,

I must say that I LOVE cgwatcher, though my new mining rig isn't mining stable while under windows.
It mysteriously shuts off the mobo / monitor or just hangs.

Under xubuntu or SMOS linux, it's 100% stable.

Would there be any possibility to run cgwatcher, or it's options as auto-restart when < x devices & < x khash on a SMOS linux or xubuntu OS?

Cheers,

ymer

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 03:40:29 PM

I've been having an issue with CGwatcher not restarting sgminer when it shuts down on itself, even though the monitor option to watch for the miner to only be closed by cgwatcher sometimes I will wake up and the computer will be on with everything running except sgminer and the cgwatcher will only say "not mining" but it won't restart sgminer, I have to click on start mining and it's getting annoying because this seems to only happens 10 minutes after I go to sleep and have a couple of miners not doing shit for 8 hours  Roll Eyes
Ntrain2k

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:04:52 PM

I've been having a little problem with sgminer as well.

If I have been mining and I hit the button to stop mining to do other things for a while 95% of the time the sgminer window freezes up when I hit the start nining button.

Any ideas?

Thanks.

▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
          ███████  ███████
          ███████ █████████
           ▀███▀  ▀███████▀
  ▄███▄            ▀█████▀
 ███████  ▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
 ███████ ███████  ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▀███▀  ███████ █████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀███▀  █████████ ▄██████████▄
 ▄███▄            ▀█████▀  ▀██████████▀
███████  ▄███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀████████▀
███████ ███████   █████       ▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▀███▀  ███████ ▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀███▀  █████████  ████████▄
                ▀███████▀ ██████████▄
       ▄█████▄    █████   ███████████
      ▄███████▄  ▄▄▄▄▄     █████████
      ▀███████▀ ▄█████▄     ▀█████▀
       ▀█████▀ █████████
               ▀███████▀
                ▀█████▀

HiveNet

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ██████         ▀█████████
   ███████  █████▄   ▀████████
  ████████  ███████▄   ████████
 █████████  █████████  █████████
██████████  █████████  ██████████
 █████████  █    ████  █████████
  ████████  █████████  ████████
   ███████  █       █  ███████
    ██████  █████████  ██████
     █████             █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ████████████████▀  ██████
   ██████████████▀       █████
  ███████████▀       ██▌ ██████
 ████▀  ▀█          ████▌ ██████
████                ████▌ ███████
 ███                ████▌ ██████
  ███▄  ▄█          ████▌ █████
   ████████   █      ██▌ █████
    ███████  ████▄      █████
     ██████  ███████▄  █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████
|
|
Megistal

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 12, 2014, 04:32:49 PM

Hello,

I'm having an issue with CGWatcher.
When CGWatcher launch cgminer (3.7.2) it detects the process and monitor them correctly.

However, I start my miners using a batch file which start an app which start the miners.
In that case, CGWatcher isn't able to connect to CGMiner processes and skip them (cannot find the processes from the logs).

Is it because of a 64 bits OS and the CGMiner process shows as "CGMiner *32" instead of "CGMiner" only?
Is it a requirements that CGWatcher must launch CGMiner?

Thank you
vladman

Activity: 71
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:14:39 AM

Hi,

I've happily been using CGWatcher (v. 1.3.5.2, and Windows 7 Enterprise SP1) for the past couple of weeks and it's been running great, thanks for creating this really cool software!

I've now added a second card into my PC and want to run two instances of CGWatcher.  I read the instructions, and created two separate folders, and pointed each instance at its own API port.

It all works, but for one issue.  I'm not using the conf files, instead I'm using bat files. So each instance is pointing to its own bat file. It works ok, except that whenever each instance is (re-)started, it applies the overclock (memory and engine) settings from its bat file to the other (running) instance as well, and vice versa!  I can then change them back manually, either through CGWatcher or cgminer, and they stay correct until either instance needs to be restarted, at which point, its values overwrite and apply to the other card/instance.  It's odd, because only those two specific parameters seems to do this, and other parameters remain confined and only applied to the corresponding card.

I'm using two instances because I'm using two different cards (an R9 270 and an R9 280X), and the 270 needs gpu threads to be set at 1, and 280X at 2. I'm probably not doing this the best way, and intend to do more research and optimize it better, but I thought I'd try this in the mean time.

I'd be very grateful if you could offer some tips.

Many thanks!
Timmieman

Activity: 136

View Profile
February 13, 2014, 10:22:23 AM

You can just set the threads as 1,2 in cgwatcher config file setup thingy, then the first card gets 1 thread, the second gets 2.

Im not sure how it would exaclty look in the config file, but the setup thingy fills in your config file for you!

Cheers

kimocoin

Activity: 16

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:18:27 AM
Last edit: February 15, 2014, 10:34:05 AM by kimocoin

Hi,

I've happily been using CGWatcher (v. 1.3.5.2, and Windows 7 Enterprise SP1) for the past couple of weeks and it's been running great, thanks for creating this really cool software!

I've now added a second card into my PC and want to run two instances of CGWatcher.  I read the instructions, and created two separate folders, and pointed each instance at its own API port.

It all works, but for one issue.  I'm not using the conf files, instead I'm using bat files. So each instance is pointing to its own bat file. It works ok, except that whenever each instance is (re-)started, it applies the overclock (memory and engine) settings from its bat file to the other (running) instance as well, and vice versa!  I can then change them back manually, either through CGWatcher or cgminer, and they stay correct until either instance needs to be restarted, at which point, its values overwrite and apply to the other card/instance.  It's odd, because only those two specific parameters seems to do this, and other parameters remain confined and only applied to the corresponding card.

I'm using two instances because I'm using two different cards (an R9 270 and an R9 280X), and the 270 needs gpu threads to be set at 1, and 280X at 2. I'm probably not doing this the best way, and intend to do more research and optimize it better, but I thought I'd try this in the mean time.

I'd be very grateful if you could offer some tips.

Many thanks!
Hi there Vladman,

Maybe this will solve your problem:
Just run your .bat file to start CGminer without CGwatcher running. Then in cgminer type: S then W and press Enter. A cgminer.conf file will now be saved in your CGminer directory. Now stop CGminer, and start CGwatcher. If configured correctly, CGwatcher will automatically start CGminer and start hashing now that there is a cgminer.conf file to start CGminer instead of your batch file. After that you can edit cgminer.conf to set the different settings for both your cards. Separate each cards value by a comma:

"lookup-gap" : "2",
"intensity" : "20,18",
"worksize" : "256,256",
"thread-concurrency" : "32765,24000",
"gpu-engine" : "1000,950",
"gpu-fan" : "0-95,0-100",
"gpu-memclock" : "1500,1250",
"gpu-memdiff" : "0,0",
"gpu-powertune" : "10,20",
"gpu-vddc" : "0.000,0.000",
"temp-cutoff" : "95,90",
"temp-overheat" : "85,80",
"temp-target" : "80,75",
"gpu-threads" : "1"

vladman

Activity: 71
Merit: 11

View Profile
February 15, 2014, 10:57:42 AM

timmieman and kimocoin, thanks for taking the time to reply.

unfortunately, the main issue is that gpu-threads is a global parameter, and unlike most others, you can only use one value (you can't use multiple values, separated by a coma) in the conf file.  this is the main reason i'm using two instances.

i know sgminer allows for using coma separated values in the conf file, but i'm not sure how to go about replacing cgminer with sgminer on my windows machine.  if anyone could offer any tips about this, i'd be grateful (or any other alternative ways of dealing with this).

many thanks!
ammi84

Activity: 462

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 07:55:30 AM

Hi milone,

perhaps you can help me.

i have the problem, that cgminer.exe closes automatically in random times without an error or something.
is there any possibility to figure it out, why it closes ?

i can restart it withour any issues but i think this is not a good solution to check it every hour or something ;-)

Which Infos do you need additionally?

thanks in advance :-)
jazzah

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 17, 2014, 12:38:59 PM

i'm a newbie to mining. CGWatcher has made it all much easier, so thank you for making and maintaining such a great app.

i've been using it for 2-3 weeks with cgminer, sgminer and vertminer. i've got 9 profiles, mining a mix of coins on single and multipools. a few of the profiles point CGWatcher to config and a few point to bat files.

CGW generally runs without any problems, restarting whatever miner program the profile calls every 4 hours to keep things fresh. but then every few days i can't get CGW to restart any of the miner programs. it launches the cmd window, runs the GPU ALLOCATION instructions in the bat files and then the cmd window just sits there, with no commands passing through it, no attempt to log in to the pools that are in the bat/config files, and no responses. after about 60 seconds, the cmd window closes. while this is happening, CGW says that it can't initialise the API. it tries to do it a few more times (i think have set it to 9 attempts), and then stops.

the only thing that seems to work is to turn off the PC for a day or two, then it all seems to work again.

any suggestions for diagnostic tests or solutions?

thanks.
techman05

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2014, 02:05:50 AM

I got an item to add to your wish list but maybe its there and I haven't seen it yet...

Is there anyway to have cgwatcher able to set that a profile not stick for more than a certain time regardless of coin profitability. One of my profiles is set to Uno coins and the reward is so small I don't want it to go on forever but it keeps staying with it.

It also might be a good option to if the profitability doesn't change that cgwatcher doesn't have to close cgminer and restart the timer again. When it gets close to when it does that I loose some shares for that profile. If its going to do a profile to the end of time I want to know how long its been running without having to look through a long log file to estimate.

Other long term wish would be a profile log that reads like a  list chart so I can know how much time and completed/lost shares a profile and its pools had by day/week/month/custom.  I want to be able to see this and be able to see if I getting the profitability for my shares, but since the timer resets and I can't really sort through the log easily to see who switched where this would be a great item to add.

Thanks

FYI last time I tried to register for your other forum you had over run your bandwidth and it was not accessible as is why I'm posting my wishlist here.

Like the info address for potential tips Wink
BTC 1CL5BnNhdL2wDVmSDwMbW1cNhZew87CAPV
* http://www.miningrigrentals.com/register?ref=563
alientida

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 18, 2014, 07:04:55 AM

CGRemote currently will only run one instance per computer. This is by design, because it would require less resources to have one instance with all of the miners rather than two instances - each with half the miners. If you prefer to use two instances anyway I'll remove the limit in the next update. Similar to running multiple instances of CGWatcher, each CGRemote instance will need its own folder.

That would be fantastic.

I'm interested in using it to manage somebody's else farm. Its really nice to see the individual "farms" hashrate.

Thanks.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 »
  Print  

Jump to: