Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:21:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Are we brainwashed?  (Read 7869 times)
Ttrader

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:17:47 AM

People have goals, go to college, buy a house, forget their goals.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Cryptolupus

Activity: 102
Merit: 2

OPEN Platform - Powering Blockchain Acceptance

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 02:25:20 AM

Well, people have goals, but the real question is: are they REALLY their goals?

OPEN Platform | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
Blockchain's First Payment API (http://go.openmoney.digital/9it9)
A L I E N
Legendary

Activity: 1358
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 10, 2017, 12:32:29 PM

Subconsciously whether you'd like to admit it or not, we are all in some way, some form all brainwashed.

It all comes down as to how strong minded you really are.

Yes we are all brainwashed, but what is good now more and more people understand it. Less fellows watch TV and almost no one believes in promisses of polititians.
Xising

Activity: 910
Merit: 257

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:29:16 PM

I look around and see people no longer have goals.
We are perfect consumers. And I can't help thinking that over time, we have been "gently" pushed in this direction.
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles. Just having the latest iWhatever, fast car and sleep with plenty of women. Like a new special breed of zombies.
In the past people fought and gave their life for freedom. And now I think we are less free then before. It's just that we are persuaded otherwise. Like in ancient Rome - bread and circus.

I think we are being brainwashed every day through social media, news, advertising and whatever we watch on TV. They want us to believe that in what they want us to believe. However, each one of us is capable of critical thinking and we always have a choice on what we choose to see and believe. We can only be brainwashed if we allow them to do it. I’d rather read books or watch something that could expand my knowledge in general and not a single second spent on Hollywood news.
tomwalsh

Activity: 112
Merit: 30

Highest ROI crypto infrastructure

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:31:31 PM

It is an interesting concept that society is brainwashing.

We are an innately social species, allowing us to share ideas and concepts, building on the past success and failure of others to develop or technology and progress our society.
As a result all our ideas are based on the past ideas of generation before us.
In a way you could say we are brainwashed because we all learn and are thought using the same societal norms, allowing us to interact with others in society on common ground.
This isn't necessarily a bad thing though, if you didn't have common ground thoughts in order to communicate with others no one would care what you had to say.

The key to expanding your mind is building upon and questioning these 'brainwashed norms' not rejecting them

anthonytippetts

Activity: 34

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 12:51:50 PM

We are perfect consumers. And I can't help thinking that over time, we have been "gently" pushed in this direction.
No more goals, no ideas, ideology, morals or principles. Just having the latest iWhatever, fast car and sleep with plenty of women. Like a new special breed of zombies.
In the past people fought and gave their life for freedom. And now I think we are less free then before. It's just that we are persuaded otherwise. Like in ancient Rome - bread and circus.

I agree with you. Sometimes I think about it.. Why do we need all those fancy clothes? The most expensive cars? Who are we so hardly trying to impress? Seems like our life passes and we don't even know why do we buy all expensive and useless stuff.
innocent93
Legendary

Activity: 896

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 01:40:34 PM

Well...that is true, there is no romance in this world, at this time not a lot of people are able to be happy for the small things, we only consume.
kylekyle2000

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:16:05 PM

With the current situation we are in, I have to admit that our society, together with the media (songs, tv, social media) is influencing us and making us think in such a certain way as if going against that would be taboo.

Blockshipping  ───────────────────────────────────────────   Whitepaper   Telegram   Github
██  Transforming The Global Container Shipping Industry   ███████████████             Twitter     Facebook         
The ICO starts 14 May 2018 at 2 pm CET  ────────────────────   Reddit   Medium   ANN Thread  
Minnie1928

Activity: 140
Merit: 14

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 09:51:31 PM

Brainwashing is a common thing in our society. Usually, the main brainwasher is the media that is presenting to us the false things that we usually believe in. Our world was built on the brainwashing technique. Just look at the consequences of the world wars. Entire nations were brainwashed by their leaders and that led to the catastrophic losses. Today there are different techniques but again these methods have been proven useful for the individuals that want be above other people.

▶▶  [ WHITEPAPER ]  ◀◀              i v y              ▶▶  [ JOIN US NOW! ]  ◀◀
Ivy Disrupts The US$5 Trillion Per Day Money Transfer Market
TELEGRAM   ●   FACEBOOK   ●    TWITTER    ●   YOUTUBE   ●   LINKEDIN
BountyX

Activity: 352

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:57:25 PM

We are more brainwashed than we would ever suspect. The movie industry is very effective in this sense.

yoseph

Activity: 868
Merit: 266

View Profile
December 14, 2017, 11:59:42 PM

We are more brainwashed than we would ever suspect. The movie industry is very effective in this sense.
People were brainwashed to think that being gay was a natural phenomenon in life, look at the movie industry they promote it so much that we have accepted it.
shiki3226

Activity: 238

View Profile
December 16, 2017, 06:31:33 PM

I think we are not. No one has the right to control us or cause us to act in a certain way that is against our will. However, we can be influenced and that is the thing that we have to be careful of.

Naoko

Activity: 812

View Profile
December 17, 2017, 08:06:04 PM

they make of us those who are comfortable handling.. then I try not to listen to news, less to watch ads and think more about my own desires than about imposed ones
Darklinkz

Activity: 448

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:22:31 AM

Somehow, yes. People aim on things that they see on tv, movies and especially on social media. It really annoys when youth follow stupid trends that those popular media personalities started. It's not important what's right anymore but only what's in.
Holy Dank

Activity: 63

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 07:58:44 AM

Everything we see and hear is conditioning us to act a certain way, and it takes a very mindful person to be able to be able to filter out all the garbage that is being pushed on us.
Short answer is yes, companies and authority figures, all kinds of people are always trying to figure out ways to get in your head.
Gabbass

Activity: 196

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 10:56:59 AM

i believe that yes. since our childhood, unfortunatelly our opinion, our preferences, our goals are already programmed. and only strong, very strong people can resist that system.
GenaBoom

Activity: 154

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:02:45 AM

yes, we are. a big impact of brainwashesness give our parents. their attitude to the world is completely reflecting on us. only with growing up, some of us understand the system plan and try to avoid it. but the majority, unfortunatelly are born with washed brains and will die with brainswashed
Akolade66

Activity: 85
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 11:19:21 AM

most of us , yes but there are still people who go out of the system and do extraordinary things..

gemstra  |▌  The Future of Social Selling  |▌  A blockchain infrastructure
● ● ● ●  for the biggest gig economy of tomorrow  ● ● ● ●
Olrac

Activity: 60

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 11:22:11 AM

Brainwashed I guess is not best term to use. For me, people are just more focused on material things and they tend to forget their goals. Or it could also be they're just enjoying the moment and set aside their goals in life for a while.
Danzu

Activity: 175

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 11:35:33 AM

yes of course, but we can easyly clear our mind, our thoughts. it starts as soon as we understand, that we are brainwashed))
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: